Community > Posts By > GravelRidgeBoy

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 04/01/11 07:51 PM

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 04/01/11 07:44 PM

LOL...Two different views...
I can not see your view and you can not see mine...

I can see your view but I didn't think it was very poetic. laugh
And it portrays God as outside of the person's reach.
I was not being poetic, just trying to fix your statement. Plus I am not sure if you can count your imagination within reach or not, I mean it is in your head but you can not actually touch it...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:51 PM
LOL...Two different views...
I can not see your view and you can not see mine...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 03/31/11 04:25 PM

Shiki is so cool, he is now known as The Shiki. Even his manhood has the name of The One-Eyed Shiki. How cool is that.

Shiki.
He's not just cool.
He's Shiki Cool.
So there is Real cool, then fictional cool, then imaginary cool, and below all that and a few other lower levels of cool you find Shiki Cool?...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 03/31/11 04:20 PM
"A person who declares there is no God is like a forest who declares there are no trees."

~jeanniebean 07:36

That does not equal out there, the god or gods are suppose to be the larger than life idea, a forest is just a group of trees. You could relate it to "A person who declares there is no god is like a person in the tropics claims snow does not exist. Just because they have never seen it...lol Even that idea is still lacking but it is closer to the same idea...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:25 AM
LOL... When I was talking about the attractions of a mate I was thinking more like the guys who like a certain hair color or ethnic type over the others. No other reason like age or anything...lol

Yes those actors do play cool characters in the movies, they seem to never care about what others think... As for how they are in real life I would have no idea since I never met any of them...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 03/31/11 07:09 AM
The problem with "cool" is there is no one universal definition to satisfy everyone. It is like the qualities that attracts you to your mate, everyone is looking for something different.

There are some circles that you can buy into cool, but that is a temporary cool that is relaying on you spending money. But it is all a state of mind. Those who seem like they try too hard to please everyone will find it hard to be considered cool while those who seem to have life figured out (at least in their head) and do not worry about things are usually the cool people.

I think recognizing cool is subjective also, like age... I consider people older than me as old and younger than me is young. So those that act cooler than I do in a situation I would call cool while those who do not...well, they still have some work to do...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 03/30/11 09:21 AM
Look up the name "Westley Allan Dodd", that is a name of someone who wanted to be put to death because of what he did and it still took the system 3 years to finally execute him. I was in high school at the time there by the penitentiary he was in and I had family who worked there, from sun up to sun down there was picketers by the gates protesting for him to be set free! Some people have no sense...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 03/30/11 09:12 AM
(P.S. make that dumb and blind and had big boobs. )
You better add that she would need to be in a coma to put up with him, and even then he still has a chance of rejection...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 03/30/11 09:07 AM

why even have a death penalty? The U.S. stages 42 executions per year. It can't be an economic issue. The death penalty has no deterrent value. Why even present people with the moral dilemma?
The problem is there is too much red tape with the executions today, when you try and convict someone to put them to death it has been said it costs almost three times as much money as the same trial for just putting the person in jail for life. The lawyers have a higher cost for death penalty cases, plus there are extra laws and people appealing the cases and all. Back years ago the death penalty was a big deterrent but today the criminals know that with the right lawyers and the underpaid police force they have a better chance of getting away with the crimes.

In clear cut cases with DNA and everything then yes that person should be put to death. If the death penalty was there for confessions then there would be a lot less confessions I would bet, now it is used as a tool to get someone to confess and they will get the life in prison instead of the death penalty. If we had a better legal system then we would not need all these appeals and everything, but as Julius Caesar found out you can not trust anyone in the government...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 03/30/11 06:42 AM
I guess we have different ideas of "relationship", if it is just online then this is just the flirty stages and should have no effect on you seeing other people or having other online relationships. I thought that you were seeing the person as in physically there with them...

Relationship starts when you start waking up in the morning together...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 03/30/11 06:34 AM
I am for the death penalty, in fact I do not think it is used enough. There are so many people in prison for life without parole that is just taking up space. All they are doing is corrupting the other inmates who are just there for a few years. The prison systems worldwide are over populated because the punishments are not strict enough. Violent offenders who kill people, which heroin kills people and if they were smuggling it in, then it is like they were killing people and should be considered violent offenders and they do not belong in society.

Just imagine how much less of a drug problem there would be if the governments started executing those who were tried and found guilty! Yes it is sad that it was someone from your country, but they chose that life...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 03/30/11 06:24 AM
The churches around here are crazy, they are pulling in so much money they are just trying to find new ways to spend it seems like... We have churches that are right off the highway with billboard size LED screens to get their messages across to all who pass by.

There is a church here that when they built their church house the permit did not allow for the height of the steeple, so instead of just lowering the steeple they built an identical church right next to the original church and put the higher steeple on the new one with the proper permits...lol.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 03/30/11 06:15 AM

a slow hand,
with an easy touch,
somebody who can spend some time,
not come and go in a heated rush....

What do you say girls? Doesn't that sound awesome!?
LOL...All I did was read the title "I want a man with" and the song was already in my head...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 03/30/11 06:09 AM

Well golly...

Sense we lack any kind of evidence, other than a few words in an old book, I'd have to say there is no way to prove the resurrection. There is nothing we can verify.

But, you want to "reason" it out. Reason suggests PEOPLE DO NO COME BACK FROM THE DEAD!
May not be able to prove a resurrection, but another idea is that the guy was not fully dead. With enough blood loss and maybe a heart defect when checked to see if he was still alive the flunky who did this made a mistake. Then the person they now call Jesus woke up a few days later.

Another idea is since he was suppose to have a following at the time then someone stole the body and put it somewhere else...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/29/11 07:48 PM
Naming a child a strange name like that just puts a strike against them when they grow up. They can accept the name and start acting as strange as it is or they can get an attitude (like Ja-a sounds like from your description)...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/29/11 07:40 PM
Wasn't there a poll done recently where many scientists believe in a God? I thought I read that somewhere in the not so distant past. Just wondering.

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2009/07/poll-finds-one-third-of-american-scientists-believe-in-god/
This is just for American scientists but it will give you an idea. There is also more studies (which I can not find right now, they were from when I took Psychology) of the drop in religious belief through the education levels. As I recall High School graduates had the highest religious beliefs percentage and the higher the degrees the less of the beliefs percentage. It also was low for the people who did not graduate High School. But to defend religion on these studies there are very few people who get educated past a Bachelors anyways, and the people who did not graduate high school probably do not believe in much of anything, not even themselves...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/29/11 07:12 PM
The marriage part could be fixed with a simple "Separated" which I think would covered married not living together.

The Children part though I had thought about it before but I figured I was just over analyzing things. I will have to clarify in the profile the "want kids" part as "want more kids not already born" maybe...lol.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/29/11 03:18 PM
Sex is not needed, but it is like a shortcut to get to happiness. That is provided you are doing it right, then your brain will give off the chemicals to make you happy... but then there are people who do not do it right and then they feel cheap and used, not happy at all.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/29/11 08:23 AM
Here is something to ponder on, Herod was the King at the time Jesus was suppose to have been born. The kings at that time wanted everything documented right down to when and what they ate, everything that was said and all they talked to...even the secret stuff since only they had access to these writings at the time. The problem is in these writings of the kings daily activities there is no mention of searching for the king of the jews like the bible claims, there is no mention of the massacre of the innocent (killing all the young boys about the age Jesus would be). If all this really did happen then why is there no other record of this stuff except for in the big story book called the bible? Because that is all it is, a collection of stories from different people about the same character...

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25