Community > Posts By > GravelRidgeBoy

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 02/01/11 07:49 PM
When I was in the military I got told many time I did not have to agree with the person, but I do have to respect the position. People make bad choices some times, but they usually made many more good ones to get the respect first...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 01/30/11 10:19 PM
LMAO!

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 01/29/11 11:57 PM

I was thinking of buying me a turtle for a workout partner??
Anyone have one,,or try that??

I have a basset hound, when I lift weights at the house she will just lay there and watch me until she is so tired she falls asleep... which is after about 2 or 3 minutes...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 01/29/11 04:18 PM
Let us know how you do. Over in Arkansas here we do not get a big turnout for most of the races I guess. Last year was my first year doing them, only the 5 and 10 K's, but I was not able to get into the 1/2 marathon (scheduling conflict as I recall) but I am hoping to do my first 1/2 marathon this year and then I will see about doing a full...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 01/28/11 12:21 PM
The pics that people post shows what they care about, it give an insight to the person so if they post a pic of their ankle biter or dead animal and you do not like those things then you should recognize that as a red flag for you that you might not be a match. But the scammer profiles get to me, the picture looks too good and they say all the right things that a guy wants to hear...you know they can not be real...lol.

BTW, in defense of the "LOL" I use them online to show that I am joking in my writings since sarcasm can be hard to spot, I would not want to think that someone takes my jokes seriously...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 01/28/11 12:11 PM
Most people who know me know that I will tell it like it is, so I would call that honest but I will omit things if I feel like it is not nice or will do no good. Sometimes I will change the subject or like in the pants example you can say "it goes with the shirt" or what ever, that way it is not a lie but not the answer that they were wanting. If they really wanted the bad answer then they will ask again and that is when I will give the straight "That is bad" answer. I tried to spare their feelings at first but when someone wants the truth then they should be ready to handle it.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 01/28/11 12:49 AM
Must be looking for a "Sugar-Momma"...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 01/28/11 12:43 AM

I feel as though people now days in my age group don't really think or care about the future. They party 24/7, don't go to school, don't work, live off their parents, do drugs, have kids, and are simply not responsible.

Maybe I'm hanging around with the wrong crowd, but honestly, I haven't met a different crowd yet.

I'm in no way implying I'm a saint/perfect, but I do care about my future, and know the consequences of my actions, therefore I TRY to make decisions that lead to the best possible outcome. I believe in balancing life. Anyone share this same perspective? Anyone? spock
I will agree with you that they do not act right, but I am sure that every generation says the same thing about the next generation when they are living the carefree life growing up. But now days there might be more to get in trouble with and bigger consequences with their actions if they get caught but since there are many parents now who are trying to be a friend rather than a parent their kids grow up not taking accountability for their actions until they get out of hand...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 01/28/11 12:33 AM

Hmmmm Just a question, I read in one of the other posts that someone believes that women lose their femininity as they get older, so he likes women in their 20's, Just wondering what peoples opinions where on this.

I dont feel any less feminine and i am definately not growing man parts, so what does everyone else think.

It sounds like someone does not know what "femininity" really is, they are getting confused with the innocents or ignorance of a child. They want someone that they can control to fit into the role that they think is correct and can not handle a woman who is experienced enough to be independent from falling victim to be stuck in such a role. But I do not think it is an age thing because there are older people, male and female, who seem to never "grow up" even though their body is older.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 01/27/11 12:30 AM
It reminds me of this oldie joke...lol

A phone company put an ad in the paper in order to recruit workers. The next day, two groups of workers show up - a crew of five men and a crew of five blonde women.

The company can not decide who to give the job to, so they give the two groups a test. The company boss says, "Each crew will receive a telephone pole that must be installed into the ground. Whoever is able to hammer it in first will get the job."

Both groups agree that this is a fair test, so off they go in the Company trucks with the long telephone poles sticking out the back. A few hours pass, and finally, at 5:00, the male crew returns. "Yes!" they shout. "We came back first, so we get the job!"

"Good work, men," says the boss, "However, we must wait until the other crew comes back to make sure that the reason they're delayed is not because of traffic or the truck breaking down."

"Fine, no problem," say the men. An hour passes, two hours pass, three hours. Finally, at 8:30, the Blonde
crew arrives. All the group is flushed and breathing hard, as if they had just gone through harsh labor.

"What happened to you? What took so long?" asks the boss incredulously.

"What do you mean, 'what took so long?' Do we get the job?"

"YOU get the job? No way! The men were back here HOURS ago!"

"Well, of course they were," say the blondes. "They only put the pole in halfway!"

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 01/27/11 12:26 AM
"Decent" is subject to interpretation...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 01/26/11 07:25 PM
No, unless you only want to see them every once in a while...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 01/25/11 09:29 PM
LOL...I caught the first few minutes of the speech but it put me to sleep (nevermind the 12 hour day at school today, I will blame the speech...lol)

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 01/25/11 09:26 PM
Untucked with my feet off the end of the bed...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Mon 01/24/11 08:30 PM
Good Luck, I was in the Air Force for 11 years and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would have since my original plan was to do 4 years and get out for college.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Mon 01/24/11 08:29 PM
The people who read these threads without posting are like eavesdropper. The ones who "perv" your profile are just the ones who turn around to get a look at who they are listening to...lol. I figure I do not put anything on my profile that is not public so I do not worry about perving. I would rather see people look at the profile to know that I at least interested someone, if they did not say anything then I figure that they were not interested once they read a little more about me. Just my crazy way of thinking I guess...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 01/20/11 01:21 PM
I mostly wear T-Shirts, the nicer the place I am going is how I choose which shirt to wear. If I am going to a nice place I would not wear a shirt with something questionable on it (even though I like to start trouble sometimes...lol). If I need to dress up I do have button up the front shirts but those places are usually too stuffy for me so I just do not go there...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 01/18/11 10:33 PM
I would not say there is just one song that could cover a person but I heard this one the other day and it fits me some days...lol

Toby Keith - As Good As I Once Was
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 01/18/11 10:13 PM
This world has always had probably 70% that do not think, but since the population has grown and the wonderful internet to show the rest of us just how bad they really are. Plus when one idiot sees another idiot doing something stupid then they think that they have to out due them to get their 15 minutes of fame on the internet here...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 01/18/11 06:48 PM
LOL...Some of these are common sense like rudeness and such and I guess I have more of a list than I thought because I agree with a bunch of these. But I had no idea that nose hair would be such a big deal...lol