Community > Posts By > GravelRidgeBoy

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 12/29/22 12:16 PM
It is going to come down to how you like to ride. The ninja is a nice bike that handles decent, it does not feel as heavy in the corners as the Busa. But personally I liked the R1 better than both. But that was years ago, back when I rode I also had a Ninja, Harley, and a Dirt bike to choose from...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 12/17/22 02:14 PM
I guess it depends on how much you want from your dating. To me dating needs to be in person, so it is more just online flirting or something. But if just being online is enough for you then it could be all you need.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 12/17/22 02:10 PM
Yes, there are some trans on this site. Some of them list it on their profile but some like being more discreet, probably too much hate mail so they should tell you later.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 12/04/22 01:42 PM
I just started to watch "Tulsa King" and so far it is decent, better than all these crazy reality shows that are being pushed on us...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 11/26/22 05:34 PM

This is my second, day on my app and I've had several warnings about scammers, has anyone had any experiences and offer any advice on what to look out for?

It’s against forum rules to talk about scammers within the forums but you are welcome to read the site’s guidelines on awareness https://mingle2.com/welcome/help?section=safety_and_security

The only Forum rule I see about scammers is #20
"20) Please do not post scammer/spammer topics. If you suspect a scammer, please report them. You can report suspected scammers by clicking the 'report abuse' button on any email you have received from them, or by clicking 'report user' on the user's profile."

So a scammer topic is like the posts a scammer would make, "send me money and I will send you more back" type of topic. This can not be a rule against how to recognize a scammer, like telling people if they have a link in their profile to see their naked pictures then they are probably a scammer...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Mon 11/14/22 11:56 AM
It seems like all dating sites are just hook ups or scammer, there seems to be a lot less in the forums though. Good Luck

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 11/12/22 07:15 PM
If you can not love without sex then I feel sorry for your children...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 11/09/22 12:49 PM
All they would have to do is take out all the loopholes and give everyone a flat fee tax percentage. Back when I was in college we did a figure like that, it was about 2010 and we looked at the taxes and spending at the time. We figured it out to be if all businesses and people just paid 4% of their income then the government would have more then they needed and could start paying off the debt also. But too many companies are in the pockets of our government to do something this simple. They want the cooperate welfare and the income tax caps to increase their profits...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 11/09/22 12:39 PM
If you are not wanting to dig down for the poles to go into the ground, another option would be to make legs that go out to the sides. Usually 1/3 of the post is underground so if it is a 6 foot post above ground then you want at least 2 feet under ground. So I would do the same with the legs, make them about 2 foot out on either side (talk to your neighbor since they will be going out on their land also). Instead of concrete you can also use gravel and pack it down.

You talk about drilling bricks, some bricks are only strong as they come but will crumble when you try drilling them. Maybe that is why the contractor does not want to drill them? You should be able to find bricks with the holes already in them though.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Mon 10/31/22 11:50 PM
Games are a great ice breaker. It can relax the mood and let both people just have fun (if they want to). Some times it will also show bad sides like poor winners and poor losers. Scrabble would not be a good game for me, but I would play if that was the game she wanted to play... Hopefully she does not hold my 'pulik edumacation' against me...lol
Monopoly is too long of a game, but something like chess/checkers would be interesting.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 10/25/22 12:38 PM
I am also doing something that is close to stone working, I am laying out a broken driveway. Where I had gravel and weeds will be large concrete pieces that I am fitting together. It is only about 2000 sq ft but it is more work than I thought it was going to be...lol But it is one of those 'spare time' projects...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 10/04/22 11:55 PM
The world is a messed up place any more. Do what you can to fix it and find a way to let the rest go. Only worry about what you can control...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Mon 09/26/22 08:17 PM
I am just reporting the bug as it happened, but I guess Mingle is not even going to respond. I am sure they have the records and can see that I am not one that "likes" profiles so I should not get matched. I did my part and reported the bug in their system...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 09/25/22 02:14 PM

I think it is auto matching. Computer generated, based on mutual interests maybe.

It can be helpful alright, but is it also based on age or location? Not sure, tbh.
I understand the computer generated parts, they should pop up in the "People You Might Be Interested In" and "potential matches" sections. But this profile came up as a "Mutual Match" as if I already clicked that I liked them and I had not. That is where the problem is, if there is a mutual match then they do not have to waste the coins to send out messages. This defeats the purpose of having this coin system. At least with them needing coins to spam out the messages then mingle would be making money on these scammers, but if the scammers have found a way around it then this annoying feature is for nothing...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 09/25/22 01:59 PM

I'm not sure whether replying to an initial message is treated as a mutual like or not, it could be.
Other people that have messaged me and I replied to their message have not had this auto match thing happen. So I am going to guess it is a new thing to get around buying coins to message people here. I am probably not the only one they have done this to but since I don't use the match feature here it is easy to know I did not match with them...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 09/25/22 12:17 PM
I just had a scammer send me a message and when I replied I seen the line that we were "matched" on this site. I have not done the matching part on this site in years and this was not a person I would have "liked" so I did not match with them. So it looks like scammers have figured out a way around the coins to message people by auto matching or something.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 09/22/22 07:50 AM
Join in some of the conversations here in the forums, there are too many fake profiles on this site so it is like the community here is the only place to meet real people. Good Luck

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 09/11/22 09:30 PM
Melinda, I agree with you. There should be an easy way to dismiss a profile, at least in the search section. When you click the X on their profile, it should remove them from your search and their search results. Blocking each profile seems extreme and they might be in the forums here, does that mean you can not see what they post in the forums here if you have them blocked? I reserve that for the scammers who contact me.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 09/10/22 11:49 PM
That is a big red flag. If you are a real person and are already chatting in the messages then you can keep chatting. The scammers want to take you to a less secure site. Listen to your gut and you will see the scammers.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 09/10/22 06:25 PM
The "threat' is religions in general. As long as there are religions that say to hate other religions then there will be no peace. This has been going on for centuries...

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25