Community > Posts By > GravelRidgeBoy

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/15/11 11:59 PM
You are always taking a chance when you meet people online. A few years ago I was talking to a girl online, she lived right down the street from me. We seemed to hit it off and she wanted to come over to my house and meet me in person so I finally agreed. It was nothing special, just talking and watching movies but as we were sitting there I hear a loud banging on my front door. I go and open it to find a very large guy standing there yelling "What is my WIFE doing here!?!" He drove by and seen he car in my driveway. She forgot to mention that she was still married!...lol They had talked about getting a divorce but they were still living together with their kids and all so it was only in her head that they were not together I guess...lol.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/15/11 11:43 PM

so almost three years ago now i stood someone up after waiting for them for an hour at the designated location...and they are still contacting me whining about how come i never showed...wtf? I explained before hand i only had so much time, we had site down to building numbers i waited for an hour and then left even texting that i was present...and ITS BEEN ALMOST THREE YEARS! get over it already!!
If he is still asking for another date he might be kicking himself for the missed opportunity... But 3 years sounds a little psycho...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/15/11 11:40 PM
TEXTING! It might have started out as something useful but people have over used and abused texting so much that it is annoying now...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/15/11 11:37 PM
Looks like the elders are giving the youngin's a bad time...lol. Your profile and pics look fine, just join in on the chats here and get your opinions out there so people can learn about the real you. Good Luck

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/15/11 10:08 PM
Age is just a state of mind, I have dated older and younger than I am and things were fine at the time... but obviously they were not good enough of a match or I would still be with them. The only thing that is iffy would be the ages that people think you are father/daughter or mother/son but that is just me. What ever floats your boat...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/15/11 09:57 PM
Hiking or even jogging outside is much more free feeling, you get a more random hills and plus you get to meet people. I do a 5 mile loop which takes about 45 minutes usually but some days it takes longer depending on the people that are out and wanting to talk...lol.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Mon 03/14/11 01:39 PM
Education level should not discourage anyone, someone with proper education should know not to talk over their audience. People who just use the big uncommon words all the time thinking that they are impressing anyone usually falls short since the other people do not understand what they are even talking about...they end up sounding like "Charlie Brown's Teachers"...lol.

The person who has educated themselves more than likely will not have too much in common with someone with a lower education, this might be fine for a quick hook up or a just physical relationship but for a more meaningful relationship then you would want to find someone closer to your own education level, in my opinion, or at least someone on their way to an education.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Mon 03/14/11 01:27 PM
LOL... A friend of mine sent me that in an email and I thought it was too good not to share...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Mon 03/14/11 10:13 AM
*Because I'm a man*, when I lock my keys in the car, I will fiddle with a coat hanger long after hypothermia has set in. Calling AAA is not an option. I WILL win.

* Because I'm a man*, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop the hood and stare at the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If another man shows up, one of us will say to the other, 'I used to be able to fix these things, but now with all these computers and everything, I wouldn't know where to start.' We will then drink a couple of beers and break wind, as a form of conformity.

* Because I'm a man*, when I catch a cold, I need someone to bring me soup and take care of me tenderly while I lie in bed and moan. You're a woman. You never get as sick as I do, so for you, this is no problem.

* Because I'm a man*, I can be relied upon to purchase basic groceries at the store, like beer, milk or bread. I cannot be expected to find exotic items like 'cumin' or 'tofu.' For all I know, these are the same thing.

* Because I'm a man*, when one of our appliances stops working, I will insist on taking it apart, despite evidence that this will just cost me twice as much once the repair person gets here and has to put it back together.

* Because I'm a man*, I must hold the television remote control in my hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss a whole show looking for it.....though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator.....

* Because I'm a man*, there is no need to ask me what I'm thinking about. The true answer is always either sex, cars, sports or work problems. I have to make up something else when you ask, so don't ask.

* Because I'm a man*, I do not want to visit your mother, or have your mother come visit us, or talk to her when she calls, or think about her any more than I have to. Whatever you got her for Mother's Day is okay; I don't need to see it. And don't forget to pick up something for my mother, too.

* Because I'm a man*, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't ...and if you are feeling amorous afterwards....then I will certainly at least remember the name of the movie and recommend it to others.

* Because I'm a man*, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. With the belt or without it, looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. Can we just go now?

* Because I'm a man*, and this is, after all, the year 2011, I will share equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the cleaning, the vacuuming, and the dishes, and I'll do the rest...... Like wandering around in the garden with a rum and coke wondering what to do.

*This has been a public service message for women to*
*better understand men*

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 03/13/11 10:29 PM

Since I got divorced I discovered that I don't have any faults. smokin
LOL...Same here!

Its so nice to find someone here who understands that remark. laugh laugh
Anyone who has been divorced should understand it...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 03/13/11 10:05 PM

State your age and tell us what you have learned in life that is important to how you live your life now.
At 33 I know not to put all your eggs in one basket, the bottom can fall out at any time...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 03/13/11 10:03 PM

Since I got divorced I discovered that I don't have any faults. smokin
LOL...Same here!

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 03/13/11 03:55 PM

You might be a redneck if a sled is a trash can lid tied to a four-wheeler

Isn't this how everyone else does it?????
We use to use an old 60's Chevy pick-up hood (we always had them laying around since we parted them out), tie a rope to the front of the hood and the back of the truck bumper. You could have about 3 or 4 hold on as the truck drove through town...it was fun...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 03/12/11 08:04 PM

In my experience there are three kinds of men.

1. The ones who "say" they don't want to get married but within about three months they are talking about marriage or asking you to get married.

2. The ones who talk about wanting to find the right woman to settle down and get married, but are really just playing the field, or afraid of commitment.

3. They just want to get laid, and beyond that they are fair game. (Meaning they don't think beyond that.)

Men, do any of you fall into one of these categories?
What about the guy who is looking for a long term relationship like marriage but without the paperwork?...lol Common Law marriage is the only one that there should be, then there would not be the excuse of rushing into it...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 03/12/11 07:57 PM

I am not new to this site, been here almost a year. So know when I ask it's not because I'm actively looking for someone to be more than friends with, I just simply would like an opinion.

I live in a very small town, and it seems everywhere I go I get disgusted looks from men (and women, but more men seem to be giving me the stink eye) when they spot my 6 month pregnant tummy, and my arm cradling it.

Now, I have been raised in a household where pregnancy is a beautiful thing, that bringing life into this world is a beautiful thing, so I'm not understanding why so many men seem to be completely turned off, and even disgusted when they see that I am pregnant.

Maybe it's because I live in a small town and most people here know that I am a single mother, but I've always thought that was an incredibly unselfish thing for a person to do: give up everything you want to raise a child alone.

So the question is, does everyone else see it as much of a turn off, as degrading and disgusting as the people here do??
Are you sure this is not just in your own head? I am not trying to be mean or anything but many people who have physical problems think the whole world is looking at the problem when really most are not. I know you say that you were raised in a house hold that said pregnancy is a beautiful thing but if back in your mind you have your doubts then you might be projecting these feeling on the faces of other people that you see.

I have a friend I met recently who was born with one hand that looks swollen, since this is how I met this person the hand looks normal to me but this person gets very defensive sometimes and thinks that everyone is disgusted by it when really they have not said anything.

Back on the pregnancy topic though, I see nothing wrong with a girl who is pregnant. It is part of life, and most guys who have ever been with a girl who was pregnant might like you just for it because of the increased sex drive...lol. Good Luck

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 03/12/11 04:03 AM
LOL...Dinner and a show...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 03/12/11 03:51 AM
LOL...is she by chance Bi-Polar? That is what my ex-wife is and when she is not on the meds that is what it starts out like...then it only gets worse...lol. Otherwise I would guess that it was not about the bow but something else, maybe you reminded her of an ex that she does not like that use to do something like that. Either way all I can say is Good Luck...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 03/11/11 08:11 PM
Yeah, that might be the sensible idea...the way I read the first post I thought that he knew what he was doing at the time.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 03/11/11 08:09 PM

Would that mean we can stop paying taxes??? bigsmile Taxes are supposed to pay for government services. If there are no government services.... no taxes.
More than likely if a state were to privatize a system the new private company would say that they could not do the services for the little bit the taxes bring in so they would raise taxes faster and easier than the government does now since the government has to vote on most things.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 03/11/11 08:03 PM
Sounds like a good friend. (sarcasm)
What are you planning on doing? Just spread a little rumor about him or wait outside and "Nancy Kerrigan" him?...lol

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25