Community > Posts By > GravelRidgeBoy

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 09/20/11 06:10 PM
I was not even paying attention...I did not know Survivor was started again...lol. I will have to catch it on the internet...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 08/24/11 12:21 PM

Hey everyone I'm new to this site, although been on and off other sites for a few years. Okay, where to start.
Over two years ago, my ex broke my heart. I spent all of the next two years making sure I wouldn't let myself get involved until I was over that pain. I dated a lot, no-one got hurt, it was fun.

Anyway a couple of months ago I met this one guy, who was different. He was so lovely to me and seemed very interested. The dating progressed quickly and he would come round my house every day, texting every day. He would stare in my eyes and tell me how beautiful (beautiful, not cute, sexy!) he thought I was. I let my guard down and started to fall for him. We decided to be in a relationship and everything was great.
Last Friday morning he left my house and everything was fine. He didn't contact me for all of the day, which I thought was a bit strange, but he said he had been busy at work and I believed him. Although when he came round that night I could sense something had changed. I tried to be normal, but the weekend was very weird. Anyway he left Sunday morning and then I got 'the call' on Monday evening 'I don't think this is going to work out.'

I just don't know where I went wrong or what could have happened. It was always him wanting to see me, making forward thinking plans, telling me he didn't want anyone else. This isn't the worst thing that ever happened and I'm not sat at home crying, but I am really confused and shocked by it all. The only thing I can think is that maybe his ex or someone else got in touch on the Friday and he decided they were more suited in the long run.

Anyone got any ideas?
There could be a million different reasons he did this to be honest, but he should have told you why. Since he did not tell you I would guess that it all was moving too fast for him and he got scared so he sabotaged it. In relationships it is hard to know about the other person so you just have to be confident in yourself and forget all about this guy. I hope things work out for you...Good Luck

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 08/16/11 09:09 AM
I would not call myself a nudist or naturalist or anything...but I do not put clothes on until I have to (like going outside or something). I sleep better without clothes, then get up and take a shower where I grab a towel getting out. That towel is good enough for me to be covered to go out on my front porch or where ever but any further than that and I will put shorts on...lol. I did go to a nude beach when I was in Germany, but it was nothing like the movies make it out to be...I think that the youngest person there (other that the people with me) were in their 50's...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Mon 08/15/11 01:09 AM
The VA will pay you Travel Pay to drive to and from the closest VA Hospital. This is usually just for the initial consultation. If they agree with you that you need a therapist then they will likely find one that will accept the VA's payments for you. Good Luck

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 08/09/11 08:01 AM

I think that instead of the death penalty (in most cases) or life in prison they should be sent over to Iraq/Afghanistan/etc. Instead of the taxpayers paying for them to sit around doing nothing (or getting juiced), they should be put to work to 'earn their keeps'. Besides, who do you think would be more 'fit' to be in war, some 18-19 y/o KID or an experienced killer?

having been in combat in vietnam i think i'm capable of saying that people in combat need to rely on there fighting buddies. i wouldn't have much confidence in the courage of someone watching my back who was there to escape the death penalty or life in prison.
Sending them in with the actual military would not be a good thing. But parachuting them in alone deep behind enemy lines and then have them attack from the other side might work. The problem would be if they turn and join the enemy. There would need to be a psych evaluation and all, maybe some of the actual soldiers locked up in military prisons would be better? They might be are already trained and less likely to switch sides...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 08/07/11 09:29 PM
Hopefully you are on these dating sites to move on from your ex, if that is so then forget about what they say and do what is right for you...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 08/07/11 09:26 PM
I am for the death penalty, especially when someone confesses... They should go straight from the courts to death row. Maybe get a week at the most to say their good byes and get everything in order (just in case they did not before).

I did a college paper on the death row and was shocked to find that there are people who have been waiting for execution for over 20 years (as I recall the one guy had been waiting 27 years). The system is messed up the way it is...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 08/07/11 09:19 PM
Some times it is best to just let the past go and forget about him. But if you feel that you have to check up on him then just make up a profile with no pic or real detail information...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 08/05/11 11:16 PM

" I, _____, take you, ______, to be my wedded husband. For years I have prayed that God would lead me to a fool like you and I am confident that His will is being fulfilled today. With deepest joy I will take you for everything you got from this day on. As you have pledged to me your life, love and your house, so I too happily give you my promise that one day you will regret this day for the rest of your life…………………………………… "flowerforyou

Really fellows biggrin don't you agree that wives start lying to their husbands at the altar, then they just get better at it with time. winking

this is why the men die before the women

hatefulness is unhealthy....

Men die before the women because they are no longer afraid of hell so they are ready to take the chance...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 08/02/11 09:55 PM
To me it is sad to think that we are suppose to be so open minded yet people still judge by the skin color instead of what is inside. I have had "interracial relationships" and it was not as big of a deal to us as it was to the people around us. I lost a few so called friends because of my relationships, but they were not true friends if they wanted to be that ignorant anyways...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Fri 07/22/11 09:04 PM
To me a definition is the meaning of something that is widely accepted as the true meaning...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 07/10/11 11:48 PM
I can not believe Arkansas here has actually raised up on the list. Arkansas use to be like #2 worst state. I do not see the people here getting smaller so I guess the other states are just getting larger.

Most of the obese states are the poorer states, I know here there is not too much to do activity wise. The roads are terrible, limited sidewalks, no bike lanes, and the people are careless drivers so bicycling or walking is taking your life in your hands here. But the summer time hits and it is so hot most people just want to sit in the AC and become couch potatoes...

Obesity is contagious also, if you are judging yourself against your friends then you are not using a good scale. I test myself and I consider myself and even though I need to lose more fat (15%) everyone around me are usually staying I need to eat more... I think they want everyone to be as big as they are so they will not be the minority...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 07/06/11 09:17 PM

I want this in my house!...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 07/06/11 09:15 PM
OK, I missed that part but I see it now. But another thought is this is only for sailors, not the whole country... Think about the ratio of sailors to hospitals then vs the whole US population to hospitals now. I do not know about the rest of the hospitals but here the Emergency Rooms are under staffed and crowded as it is and there are usually limited beds available for inpatients. Now think about if everyone was there.

The other thing about the government take over of hospitals is all the hospitals will have to follow the government rules. Currently there are a bunch of religious hospitals, most of them have been in the news saying that if the government makes then do things they do not want to like abortions and stuff then they will just close their doors. Now imagine the already crowded hospitals getting even more crowded from the lack of the religious hospitals that do actually close their doors...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 07/06/11 08:43 PM
I was a kid of a single mother (along with a brother and sister) and I have never met my father, my mother never talked about him. I did look him up though, found out he only lived a few blocks away in the same town I grew up. I knew that I could never do that to my son, I am an *** sometimes but when it comes to my son I am a dad. The marriage thing did not work out but the parenting thing is something there is no option to give up on. It is part of life...if any of this rambling makes sense...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 07/06/11 08:31 PM
I have not researched what you posted but from what I can see the biggest difference is that the sailor version was still optional. They have the choice to pay, if they pay then they get the medical treatment...if they did not pay then they would not be covered. I did not see anything in what you posted as fines or any thing bad if the sailor did not pay...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 06/29/11 09:48 PM
Personally I would rather know, that way there is no surprise and if anyone wants to say anything that have been hanging on to they can. This is why people make bucket lists, to know what they need to hurry up and do before their time is up...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 06/26/11 11:14 PM
If you think of girls like cars then prostitution is like renting a car, sugardaddy thing is more like leasing it, while a traditional relationship is actually buying it...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 06/26/11 11:05 PM
It might hurt a little now but looking back it is usually better to have taken the chance at love then skip by because you are affraid of the pain later... Good Luck on the next time...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 06/21/11 10:51 AM
LOL...Thanks for the laughs...this thread was a little long to read but was still quite amusing...lol. It is funny how hypocritical people are being when it comes to tolerance, most all religions have a base of getting along with each other and understanding of others.

I do not care what another person's religion really is, in fact I think it is fun to debate different ideas as long as the other person has an open mind. It could be religion or politics or the type of car they drive. I would not like a person who does not think for their self and only agree with everything I say...be your own person...have your own dreams, opinions, and beliefs. We might have some common ground if you actually look.

Although I do not believe in the whole "god" experience there are a lot of good things that come out of it like morals and stuff. But to me it is like Santa Claus, a story used to keep kids behaving...Just some people have taken it too far.

Also, to the people here who are religious, I see many who say they have been married before or have children. For a religious person to have kids they should have been married, correct?. If you follow the word of the bible then you are not looking for another partner because Jesus said, "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery," (Matt. 19:9). Just food for thought on how serious you are with your religion...

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25