Community > Posts By > GravelRidgeBoy

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:29 PM

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Mon 03/07/11 10:12 PM
Opinionated people are better than someone who just blindly agrees with you. Personally I would like to find someone who can handle a stimulating conversation, play a little devil's advocate just to get things stirred up. But there is a difference between arguing and a difference of opinion, as long as you are not crossing the line into arguing then it is all good I would think.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 03/06/11 07:00 PM

I think it is time to have another talk with her, ask her what she wants to do. Another thing I would suggest is to get a box of condoms for her, do you want to take the chance of the guy she is with to have an old expired condom that he has been carrying around in his wallet? I am sure you already have her set up with her own gyno? If not then this would be the time... Good Luck and remember that the best time to clean your guns is when her date is picking her up...lol
but why should dad pay for the condoms? he is no part of her sexual life.. still i say old enough to have sex old enough to take care of things... i dont think a dad or mom should be paying for their child having sex at any age lol! JMO
The way I look at it is by the parents buying her a box of condoms might prolong the grandkids coming. If she is living at home right now then she would probably have the kid while living with him and a box of condoms is a lot cheaper than formula and diapers...

LoL!...go back to when you were 15 or 16
A friend of mine's mom had a bowl of condoms sitting by the door for who ever wanted them. She had an older daughter and a son my age, she did not care who used them she just did not want anyone to have a teen pregnancy like she did. Every one can preach about not having sex but the truth is if they want to do it then they are going to do it, might as well try to make it a little safer for them but it is still not a substitution to talking to them, or at least her...

I promise you that I would be chatting with that lady and warning her NOT to provide my son with condoms! I feel like she might as well sit out the alcohol just in case the kids decide to drink IF they stay at the house!!! Some people just don't have a clue!!!
She did not allow alcohol around the house, and I got a lecture from her when she found out I was underage drinking at a party (not at her house but since I was a friend of her son's she wanted me to stay sober as well). Since she was a nurse she had plenty of pictures of the bad diseases from drinking and STD's. Also this is from a poor community back in the early 90's, ever heard the saying "It takes a village to raise a child"? You may not agree with her methods today but they helped me out then... Not everyone is the same, that is all I am saying.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 03/06/11 11:31 AM

What is the meaning of dating?
If I understand your question, I think of dating like sticking your toe in the water to feel the temperature before diving in (to the actual relationship).

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 03/06/11 12:43 AM

Lookin for someone to chat with
Someone specific or will anyone do?...lol. Jump in on some of these conversations or start your own. Good Luck

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 03/06/11 12:37 AM
How many options are there? Carmel or butter is the only ones I have tried but I do not eat much popcorn...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sun 03/06/11 12:33 AM

I think it is time to have another talk with her, ask her what she wants to do. Another thing I would suggest is to get a box of condoms for her, do you want to take the chance of the guy she is with to have an old expired condom that he has been carrying around in his wallet? I am sure you already have her set up with her own gyno? If not then this would be the time... Good Luck and remember that the best time to clean your guns is when her date is picking her up...lol
but why should dad pay for the condoms? he is no part of her sexual life.. still i say old enough to have sex old enough to take care of things... i dont think a dad or mom should be paying for their child having sex at any age lol! JMO
The way I look at it is by the parents buying her a box of condoms might prolong the grandkids coming. If she is living at home right now then she would probably have the kid while living with him and a box of condoms is a lot cheaper than formula and diapers...

LoL!...go back to when you were 15 or 16
A friend of mine's mom had a bowl of condoms sitting by the door for who ever wanted them. She had an older daughter and a son my age, she did not care who used them she just did not want anyone to have a teen pregnancy like she did. Every one can preach about not having sex but the truth is if they want to do it then they are going to do it, might as well try to make it a little safer for them but it is still not a substitution to talking to them, or at least her...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 03/05/11 12:48 AM

Latest jobs report tells us that, in February alone, 192,000 new jobs were created.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/192000-jobs-added-unemployment-rate-dips-to-89-2011-03-04-9570

Nonfarm Payrolls - M/M change 36,000 200,000 120,000 to 275,000 192,000
Unemployment Rate - Level 9.0 % 9.1 % 8.9 % to 9.3 % 8.9 %
Average Hourly Earnings - M/M change 0.4 % 0.2 % 0.0 % to 0.2 % 0.0 %
Av Workweek - All Employees 34.2 hrs 34.3 hrs 34.3 hrs to 34.4 hrs 34.2 hrs
Private Payrolls - M/M change 50,000 190,000 130,000 to 295,000 222,000

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=446885&cust=mam&year=2011#top

Obama did not "add jobs" to the economy (governments do not create jobs, the private sector does. Anything the government "creates" comes at the expense of the real economy). He has created make-work jobs to prop up the economy temporarily
I just have to keep scratching my head over opinions like this.

Unemployment rates are going down because people are coming off of unemployment, not that they have found jobs. The way that they figure the unemployment rates is messed up because they do not count people who are not on government assistance while unemployed, so the homeless or the people who are "between jobs" and are just waiting it out are not counted. People who went back to college or the house wife/husband who stay at home to take care of the kids are not counted even if they are looking for a job...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 03/05/11 12:41 AM

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 03/05/11 12:40 AM

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 03/05/11 12:34 AM
I dream until I do, then dream about it until I do some more... It is a vicious cycle...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 03/05/11 12:27 AM
Have you consider the idea of the "majority" being a bunch of wishy-washy people who would jump on any bandwagon going by?...lol. So maybe each party believes that they have the majority of the people but the majority is signed up for all the parties...lol

If you do not stand for anything you will likely fall for everything.

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Sat 03/05/11 12:21 AM

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 03/03/11 12:14 AM
I know it sounds mean but I could not knowingly have sex with a girl that I knew had something like that. I try to stay healthy and I do talk about things like this before things get too far in a relationship (lol...not on a first date though...lol). It is cool when the other person is honest about these things because there are some people who do not mind, but the people who are not honest and gives the other person a disease the unknowing person will hate them for it and there are a lot of people who will come after you.

That being said, do you (generally speaking) get checked yourself just in case? I do go get checked so I know I am clean, not just think I am because I do not have any symptoms showing up...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Thu 03/03/11 12:03 AM
Find a girl with multiple personality disorder and you will never be bored again, you may not be sure who you will wake up with tomorrow (of if you will wake up) but you sure will not be bored...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 03/02/11 11:50 PM

The old man, looked very seriously at the policeman, and replied,
"Years ago, my wife ran off with a policeman. I thought you were bringing her back."

You know that was a joke, if it was real then the guy would NEVER pull over to let the cop catch up just in case...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 03/02/11 11:48 PM
Don't let the stress get to you in the first place and then you do not have to think of ways to relieve it, but that is just me...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Wed 03/02/11 11:46 PM
Something told me not to check here until after I seen the show, all these spoilers...lol. I just finished watching it and I will just say I like that firewoman at the tribal...lol

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/01/11 09:06 PM
When you change hair colors are you sure that you are acting the same? Most girls I have known to get their hair dyed act different, like they take on that personality. Like the difference when they wear their hottest dress vs baggy sweats or laid back jeans and t-shirt.

But then I have also know air head brunettes so in reality the color of their hair does not really matter...

GravelRidgeBoy's photo
Tue 03/01/11 02:38 PM

I'm thinking of claiming my yearly toilet paper expenses as a medical deduction on my taxes.
My logic is that toilet paper is, in actuality, a kind of low tech fecal matter test strip.
Upon swabbing the affected area, if it remains white that indicates a negative result, and if it appears brown it's positive.

:tongue: bigsmile :banana:
By that logic you could claim it as medicine also since you use the "test strips" until they come back as a negative result, there fore you are cured of your problem...lol