Community > Posts By > Sabrosura089

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 01:29 PM

Hey All! I'm so new to these forums. Like most, i'm out here trying to find love. It comes in many forms though.. so If you have love to share lets get to it!! (However my physical attraction does center around women. ) Do you have any form topics that are your favorites? or where's an interesting place to start?

Thanks for you replies in advance.
~Rainangel

Welcome to the PlayGround! :smile:

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 01:25 PM

If someone lists on their profile that they are athletic, but have a double chin?

Or if someone has a massive beer belly, are they really only a few extra pounds?

I am not judging. However, sometimes I really wonder what people are thinking when they self-identify their body type.

lol!! I agree. I guess everyone has their own definition of "athletic", "average", etc..............or in denial like a mofo!laugh

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 01:23 PM

Is there any?

Sure there are. Not one entire group of people are downright evil.

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 12:54 PM

Okay, so, I have to ask, and please know that I'm being serious about this...

Why does a guy (or anyone for that matter) who is perfectly sweet about everything normally have to suddenly act like you almost don't exist when his friends are in the room? I mean, I can see not wanting to be all "soft" when you're a real "tough guy", but I mean, I dated a guy for 15 months, and whenever his friends were around, I was lucky to get an arm around my shoulders. I didn't get real cuddling (yeah, I know, shocking that I might want that after I drove over an hour to see the guy) unless we were in his room, and that didn't even happen if his friends were over, which, I gotta tell ya, was ALL THE TIME.

I know it sounds like I'm ranting, and I kinda am, because it took eighteen months of that and feeling like I wasn't a real girlfriend but just a friend with benefits as well as being second to his job and education, to finally give up on it. But I didn't think it was going to be THAT BAD until it got to this last week... *sighs*

Hi SA!:smile:

Maybe he saw you as the girl "In the mean time" until he meets "The One". It happens, but as soon as you note his change in behavior....it's time to bring it to his attention and/or find someone who treats you with respect/as his GF at ALL TIMES!

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 12:51 PM

what is it with women i guess i should explain well im a nice guy i try to treat the woman that im with like gold but its hard for me cause im so far away from the women that i love and our circumstances make so she cant move closer to me well so when i have any free time i want to be on the phone with her and talk or what ever i just makes it seem to me like we r together with each other but yet i guess its mo much cause she left me and this isnt the first woman to leave me because of this i just feel like no matter what i do i cant make a woman happy enough to stay what ever idk some input from the ladies here would be greatly appreciated

It's hard if your getting stationed in different parts of the States/Country to have a LTR (long term relationship). Heck, it's hard enough for most to have one when they are living in the same city! ahaha

Just take your time getting to know women, and don't be too "nice" if you know what I mean. Always be a gentleman, but don't be overly accommodating. Many will take advantage of this or get turned off by overkill attention.

Make sense?

Thank you for serving our country!drinker

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 07:55 AM

MMmm, so, to ask the question that I've been asking, how does my profile look? I know I'm very new and shouldn't expect results immediately, but it's nice to know where I stand...

Your "About Me" is cool. The middle picture you have posted...too serious! Add more pics. I love the dog - cutie!

Good luck!

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 07:43 AM

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN A WOMAN CHEATS THE GUY THINKS SHE'S THE BIGGEST WHORE.BUT WHEN HE DOES IT IT'S OK.WHAT DO YOU THINK?

It's a double-standard - and b*llsh*t IMHO. A cheater; regardless of their gender should be judged the same. It is a deceitful action period.

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 07:29 AM

Nothing gained.

Do you agree with this?

How far would you venture to gain something you really want?

What would be something, no matter how much you want it, that isn't worth the venture? Example (for me): wanting to be with someone but they are in a relationship or not interested.

I agree if the goal is realistic. If not, as in your example I would not waste precious time. Once gone you cannot regain that time back!

I don't think there is a goal that I have placed for myself that is not worth pursuing.

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 06:29 AM

I think soul mates dont have to bee opposite sex or just between lovers. I think A woman can be married and have a soul mate with a friend whom they are not sexually involved with. It might be nice to marry your soul mate, but I am not convinced it is always the case.

^^^I agree.

There are different types of soulmates; Companion, Karamic and Twin Flames. It can be a friend, pet, partner, spouse, etc....very fascinating read.

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 07:08 PM

Thanks! =3 I'm rather enjoying it.

Glad to hear that!

I'm new here too, but it can be entertaining at times. You gotta take the good and ignore the bad (like most forums/message boards)!laugh

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 06:57 PM

*also offers cake*

... everyone loves cake, right? =D I promise, there isn't even any death!

Welcome, SA! happy

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 06:53 PM
Edited by Sabrosura089 on Tue 08/31/10 06:54 PM

A lot of profiles warn against "game play" and claim that they don't engage in it themselves. What constitutes "game play?" What are some examples of this and how can I detect if someone is playing games? Are there any warning signs I should look for? I would appreciate any info I could get.

Game playing/head games: Someone dishonest about their intentions with the opposite sex (when in the dating scenario). Thus, many a times you don't know where you stand with them or what they want. i.e. They say they'll call you and you don't hear from them or they stand you up on a date..........

Basically, they'll show a lack of interest, communication is very minimal and no consistency with their plans with you/their actions, etc....

When you experience this............NEXT!!!:wink:

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 06:37 PM

I still can't believe that my husband is gone...We were married for over 24 years...Thought we'd have another twenty plus years together but he developed pancreatic cancer and it became a "losing battle" in the end. Really sad...I haven't been part of the "dating scene" since the early 80's...Don't really know the ropes anymore. I'm a "newbie" all over again...Being a widow is different than being divorced...I was divorced earlier in life but this time I wanted to stay married...I didn't want my husband to pass away and leave me....I know my husband wouldn't want me to sit home alone forever and ever and cry over his death. He would want me to reinvent myself and go on with life...I'd love to hear from other widows and widowers. How did things go when you started getting out more and dating? Did you feel weird and strange at first? Did you feel guilty? Thanks for listening. Looking forward to making new friends here.

I've never married, so I can't relate to your loss/pain. However, I wanted to wish you well while you embark on this new chapter in life.

My sincere condolences.flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 06:34 PM
Edited by Sabrosura089 on Tue 08/31/10 06:34 PM

If I wake up at 3 am, because of a noise or slept on my arm again and it got numb, and somehow my thoughts end up on you, even though there isn't really else, beside the darkness, the bed, and an empty space beside me, and I wrote you this in the middle of the night and sent it to your email, so when you wake up, and check your mail at 7am, and this is the first thing to read would you think of me as someone crazy, obsessed or in love with you?

It would depend if there was a mutual interest from me. If I were interested, I'd love the surprise (assuming you aren't blowing up someone's inbox..lol!).

If I weren't interested...........delete!pitchfork

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 06:28 PM

So my story began about 3 and a half weeks ago... I met this man at the gym, I was so close to rejecting him but his sex appeal was too hard to resist. We started talking & the rest is history, recently learning he is in a relationship. Futhermore I realized that we are all at risk when we meet someone new for the first time, people just are not telling the truth. I wanted to get some feed back, what would you do if you were turned on by a person who could never really be yours? Affairs are all too common but do people really think its wrong, or is it only wrong when your being cheated on?

When you started talking was your opportunity to ask what his current status was. Now if he lied; that's another story.

I cannot be with someone if they "belong" to another (and I know about it). I don't share a man, much less 2nd choice for anyone!

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 06:17 PM

Did you know that there are 'wheelchair' athletes, that really don't use/need wheelchairs???

Serious? That is an odd use of a wheel chair for someone who is not disabled.

I guess anything is possible!

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 05:53 PM

amazing

Whoa! What a lil' Evil Knievel!!!

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 05:52 PM

Is anyone else getting dizzy?!!!rofl

Cute!!!:laughing:

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 05:40 PM

She has a healthy libido and he doesnt have ANY!!! :angry:

^^^Yup yup.........frustrated

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 05:38 PM

Just wondering what you do? I became aware that my oldest son is gettin' married; he never even told me. I learned through my sisters and mom. He's gettin' married October 10th. He's already sent out invitations but didn't invite me to his wedding. I'm devastated. Saw him on FaceBook today and asked him if he was getting married. He said "yes". I let him know that I was hurt that he never told me; nor did he invite me. His response was, "I'd thought about inviting you for a year; and, wasn't sure you'd come?" Are you kiddin' me? Then, he preceded to continue saying that he'd told everyone he wanted me at his wedding. NOW, he invited me. As a mother, I am SO hurt. To top it off; my sister's never told me they'd gotten their invitations. Called one of my sister's today; her response was, "Well, I waiting to see if you got one."

So? My question is this: "Would you go after NOT being invited initially?" My opinion is that he should have invited me; I shouldn't have had to bring it up. Otherwise, it's like inviting myself to his wedding, which obviously he didn't want me at to begin with.

I am SO upset right now. With my son; my sisters.

As some requested the rest of the story:

The divorce between his Dad and I wasn't good. My son holds it against me; always did. David, my son, and I have NEVER had any issues other than living in different States. We aren't close; true. But, I'm his mother. And, family is the most precious thing that we have in life.

Did you/your ex have a family pow-wow when you both were divorcing (with your son/other children if any)? Divorce is a very traumatic experience for children.

You definitely need to work on your relationship with your son. Whether it be by having talks with all parties and/or family counseling.

Go to the wedding, and make a great effort to mend things. It would be sad that you never repaired your relationship and then grandchildren came into the equation and you'd miss out on that.

Good luck, and some times as a parent you have to put your pain/pride aside........