Community > Posts By > Sabrosura089

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 05:25 PM

A hard-core Conservative and a "bleeing heart" Liberal probably wouldn't get along very well....A devout Christian probably shouldn't try to hook up with an atheist...Vegetarians might run into problems if they try to date or marry someone who insists on eating meat 3 times a day....Have you run into any other big differences? Thanks....

Dating someone who is not family-oriented. This is something that is important to me, but there are others who have very little to do with theirs. Thus, expect you do dedicate all your time to them and don't understand you wanting to spend quality time with familia!

Definitely a deal-breaker for me.

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 05:04 PM
Edited by Sabrosura089 on Tue 08/31/10 05:06 PM

So second date a total bust. We went out, but not really anywhere. the restaurant we wanted to go to was closed on mondays and turns out the movie i rented was also a duplicate of which he just saw. Hung out for a few hours talking to get to know each other, had a great time. walked me to my car, (no sex) we did kiss goodnight. He asked me out again today because we both have kids and have a break today from them, so I agreed. Told me to call him today which I did and let him know I made reservations for that same resturaunt which is open today and he has yet to return my phone call, or 2 of my text. Oh well. I dont appreciate being strung a long, or hanging out with men who maybe dont have the balls to say we arent compatible, although I dont think that is the case. perhaps for whatever reason, I'm guessing he chose someone else to spend his time with today. all I can say is F-OFF you're a lousy kisser and I got laid two days ago anyways. Thanks for wasting my time. Im not a convenience store. I am a beautiful woman.

Ok, so you your plans for the restaurant fell through, but you talked for a few hours ("had a great time"). He asked you out again, and to call him.

Don't be so quick to assume he stood you up. He has kids as you do, and something could have very well happened. If he never returns your call (within a reasonable time of course), I would then chalk it up to a typical online date (no interest and no balls to say so.........).

The "joys" of dating, huh? slaphead

P.S. At least you're getting laid!!! ahaha

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 04:53 PM
Edited by Sabrosura089 on Tue 08/31/10 04:55 PM

I think some people just have a natural charm...It could even be called flirting but they can be this way with both sexes...or even kids...I recognize this now but when I was younger and more naive I thought their charm was directed at me...I've even run into this with girlfriends or friends that I've met online...not just with men. They came on so strong and we seemed to click right away but I was more of a "passing fancy" to them....not someone they planned to hang around with on a regular basis.....I try to pay attention to the messages I send to people more than ever now so I won't confuse people....I don't want to give the impression that I want to be "super tight" with someone right off the bat when I'm not sure how I feel about them quite yet.

^^^This makes sense, Greeneyes. Some people's characteristics can be misinterpreted (if of a more attentive/flirty nature).

Good to SEE you! Thought-provoking thread.drinker

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 12:10 PM
Edited by Sabrosura089 on Tue 08/31/10 12:11 PM

Thanks for your great posts...Some people are just naturally outgoing and personable with everyone...They know how to keep conversations lively...They ask questions and show interest in others...They are open about themselves....It may seem like we have a special closeness with someone like this....but the truth is that they are friendly and outgoing with everyone....In the past I assumed that there was more going on than there really was when I ran into people like this....I jumped to conclusions and ended up feeling like a fool in the end....So I try not to make any assumptions anymore until I've taken a long time to really get to know someone.

But wouldn't there be a difference in body language, eye contact and such from someone who has a romantic interest vs. someone who possesses an outgoing/communicative personality?

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 11:19 AM

Etch-a-Sketch

How could I forget that one?! That was one of my favs. lol

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 10:46 AM

What have you been smoking?

rofl rofl

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 10:31 AM

So a guy came to talk to me today about the new book I just had published, the one about internet dating. And he mentions that he met his current girlfriend on eHarmony and they've been together for FOUR YEARS.

Sabrosura089,

I was asking about the original post, not the E-Ham balony survey questions. :thumbsup:

Well then I stand corrected! Hard to follow a thread w/no quotes, etc...

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 10:15 AM
^^The questionnaire is online, not an actual person.......

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 10:11 AM

i hear what you guys are saying, and yes i'll take responsiblity for letting myself change for someone but in my mind in relationships there's give and take and i figured that it was just clothes and that i would give it a try for him, when i realized that i wasn't happy i got out of there... so now it seems like a lot of guys i get interested are some what like that (all into the looks) and what im saying is where are the guys who aren't? i get that appearance is a big part of it but there has to be someone out there that doesn't mind a girl in t-shirt and jeans and can appreciate when i do get dolled up but doesn't mean he wont care about me when i don't.

Maybe it's the age range that you are dating (??). I know most MEN love when a woman gets dolled up, but they do not dictate when/how often (and love us in jeans/sweats w/baseball cap on occasion).

They're out there, I'm sure. Just be selective about who you allow into "your world". I'm "allergic" to control freaks! Can't have it.sick

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 09:59 AM

How would you define "being close?" I'm talking about intimacy and feeling connected in emotional ways...Couples can spend every minute of the day together and still be "miles apart." Have you noticed this?....Their conversation is limited to chit-chat or "safe" topics...No one is suppose to talk about their feelings or fears in straight-forward ways very often. Everyone is suppose to pretend that they are fine and okay all the time to avoid "rocking the boat."....Yes they are in close proximity to each other most of the time....but they are not really close or connected "in spirit." They are together yet alone.

Those couples that spend time together, but are "miles apart" are lacking an emotional connection. If you lack this the relationship is doomed for failure IMO. That is what develops throughout the life of the relationship and holds it together (among other elements).

Being able to talk about your most inner feelings/fears without being judged (no walls), and understanding that we are different is what comes to my mind. Acceptance/compassion about our differences, but embracing the person as one's counter part.

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 09:30 AM
Edited by Sabrosura089 on Tue 08/31/10 09:37 AM

So a guy came to talk to me today about the new book I just had published, the one about internet dating. And he mentions that he met his current girlfriend on eHarmony and they've been together for FOUR YEARS.

Well, I've seen the TV commercials for eHarmony, and those are some majorly scary-*** people they got over there, and I'm wondering what's up with this guy and if his girlfriend is one of the scary people.

Anyway, I took their 29-point-matching-personality-profile-and-chicken-gumbo thingie a few years ago, and they told me I was "unmatchable." They said 20% of the people who take it are "unmatchable."

Then somebody told me that the guy who owns the site is a religious whackjob, and they don't want people on the site who aren't Christian enough or homophobic enough, so after that, I was glad I didn't qhalify.

What's the point of all this? I have no idea. But I'll be damned if I'm going to pay them $29.95 a month to fix me up with some psychotic lunatic. I'm betting I can find someone to do it for HALF of that.

They are very selective about who attempts to join the site. I don't know about any psychotic lunatics, but there are plenty here/elsewhere so.......not surprised there are some there! lol

A friend of mine tried to join the site, and he was also rejected because his status was "separated". They would not consider him unless he were divorced.

They just use different criteria to screen their paying members vs. here/other sites where anyone can join regardless of their demographics, etc.......

Well, I'm OK with them setting up whatever criteria they want to have for people to join....

It's just that it would be nice to know about it UP FRONT....saves some time that way....

I mean, when I see ads for "Gay Bears Dating" or something along those lines, I have a pretty good idea that this is not something I want to pursue. They tell you right there in the name of the site what it's about.

eHarmony doesn't do that, and their commercials aren't at all specific about their admission standards. Of course, I understand they're trying to generate as many memberships as possible, so why put obvious limitations up right at the beginning? Still, I think it's slightly deceptive and I tend to be a lot more investigative when I'm looking at sites now.

I've never joined the site, but they do claim that they are a "non-conventional dating site". Thus, their style in screening their members is not going to mirror other dating sites. They appear to use a "scientific" approach along with a model.

In this day and age, we need to read everything (particularly the small print) before we commit.

Happy fishing!happy

P.S. I never joined because when I saw the pages and pages of their questionnaire I was like "WTF?!!". frustrated

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 08:57 AM

I'm still a newbie here...Don't know all the ropes yet. What do you think of my profile? Thanks...I know that I should put a photo up but I am camera-shy and freeze up when I have my picture taken time after time...Maybe I'll find a decent photo to put up soon. Hope so.

"A picture speaks a thousand words".............without them your chances are slim-none!

So you're a "Forum Owner".....whoa

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 08:41 AM

hello....i am a lesbian..looking for a partner....no serious commitments...just for fun....

Welcome to the Sandbox!drinker

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 08:10 AM

Whatever u give a woman, she will make it greater. Give her sperm, she will give u a baby. Give her a house, she will give u a home. Give her groceries, she will give u a meal. Give her a smile, she will give u her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what she is given. So if u give her crap, be ready to receive a ton of ****.....

aha! In a perfect world; yes!

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 08:07 AM
A thread of substance! Love it!!!

Nice to see the sharing and support on here.....One day at a Time!happy

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 07:46 AM

What Kind Of Weapons Would You Take?

I would take silk armor; A sword made out of foam rubber and A shield made out styrofoam. Just saying.

Baby oil, and birthday suit for both parties!!!:thumbsup:

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 07:42 AM

im looking for someone to care for my two children 3 1/2 and 2 1/2
while i am at work on the dairy farm.
i dont even know if this is an oppurtunity ppl would take or not
all i can offer is free rent,food,power,net,and a vehicle to use, nice warm house.
am looking for someone who can look after kids or a single mum, not nessacerily looking for a relationship.

is this a oppurtunity ppl would consider or am i just being hopeful?

Assuming your profile is legit; you're using the wrong platform for hiring a Nanny. This is a dating site, but I'm sure you know this.huh

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 07:13 AM
Edited by Sabrosura089 on Tue 08/31/10 07:14 AM

Well, I've seen the TV commercials for eHarmony, and those are some majorly scary-*** people they got over there, and I'm wondering what's up with this guy and if his girlfriend is one of the scary people.

Anyway, I took their 29-point-matching-personality-profile-and-chicken-gumbo thingie a few years ago, and they told me I was "unmatchable." They said 20% of the people who take it are "unmatchable."

Then somebody told me that the guy who owns the site is a religious whackjob, and they don't want people on the site who aren't Christian enough or homophobic enough, so after that, I was glad I didn't qhalify.

What's the point of all this? I have no idea. But I'll be damned if I'm going to pay them $29.95 a month to fix me up with some psychotic lunatic. I'm betting I can find someone to do it for HALF of that.

They are very selective about who attempts to join the site. I don't know about any psychotic lunatics, but there are plenty here/elsewhere so.......not surprised there are some there! lol

A friend of mine tried to join the site, and he was also rejected because his status was "separated". They would not consider him unless he were divorced.

They just use different criteria to screen their paying members vs. here/other sites where anyone can join regardless of their demographics, etc.......

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 06:58 AM

Oh course not.. But I bet if I mentioned the word sex I get plenty of feed back laugh

^^^You learn QUICK!!!:laughing:

So I just got a temporary job at DQ till I can join the AF. I need to get promoted quick to pay for college and want to go in and know what I'm doing before they even tell me. Any Ideas or suggestions?

Training is essential for most jobs. So you're not expected to go in there are run the place.

I would go on my first day alert, proactive, ask questions, have a pleasant smile and always be a team player! Make sure you're polite to your customers, and keep busy. No cell phone use during work hours!!:wink:

Good luck!!!

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 06:46 AM

Tell me what I need to add or change or anything like that. I'm always up for good advice.

Add clear pictures of yourself. Everything else is cool.