Community > Posts By > Sabrosura089

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 02:30 PM

Looking for honest feeback & tips ladies. I thank you for that.

IMO; it reads fine. I personally prefer a straight-shooter. Just tread lightly with putting too much of a negative flavor into your profile. i.e. the crazies, etc....

Good luck with your search!:smile:

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 02:21 PM

about 2 years ago I got a ticket for running a red light, caught by a camera....my first ticket in 40 years grumble

That's pretty good!! Wish I could say that. lol

so...you started driving as a wee baby ?? shocked

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I started driving later in life! There was no need for driving/having a vehicle in NYC! Our mass transportation is good in comparison to other cities/states.

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 02:13 PM

about 2 years ago I got a ticket for running a red light, caught by a camera....my first ticket in 40 years grumble

That's pretty good!! Wish I could say that. lol

Do red light cameras violate motorists' privacy?

No. Driving is a regulated activity on public roads. By obtaining a license, a motorist agrees to abide by certain rules, such as to obey traffic signals. Neither the law nor common sense suggests drivers should not be observed on the road or have their violations documented. Red light camera systems can be designed to photograph only a vehicle's rear license plate, not vehicle occupants, depending on local law. Only vehicles driven by motorists who violate the law are photographed.

Source: http://www.iihs.org/research/qanda/rlr.html

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 02:02 PM

It's closer to the truth than the original. Which I remember, by the way.

^^+1 On both statements! We're dating ourselves! lol

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 01:57 PM

Until recently, we had them in the Phoenix area.

I don't see what the problem is. You get plenty of warning.

If you're dumb enough to ignore them, you deserve a ticket.

Just obey the law and don't worry about it.

So, if the cameras are okay, what other invasions of privacy are you willing to put up with 'cuz it's 'the law' ... ?

And how come they're no longer in the Phoenix area ... ?

But Knight; how in your opinion should drivers who run red lights, and potentially run a pedestrian over be handled?

Immaterial question. How were they handled BEFORE the cameras? And are pedestrians who are run over where a camera is in place any LESS dead ... ? Duh.

LMAO!!!!! Technology is evolving my dear Knight! Many things are handled differently now vs. 20, 50 yrs ago.

Invading one's privacy is having a candid camera while you're sitting on your "thrown" at home without your consent!

Duh.............:tongue:

Oh dear - those homonyms ARE pesky li'l things, aren't they ... ? The word you're looking for is 'throne' ...

If you want to give up YOUR privacy, I could care less. Just don't inflict YOUR choice on everyone else.

Oh My! The grammar/spelling POLICE! Do I get a ticket too??? LMAO!!

And yes; Throne, porcelain throne, John....ahaha I'll make sure to dot my "I's" and cross my "T's" around ya!

If I, you and any other driver blows a red light; we all deserve a ticket. If you want to take it to the appropriate authorities you can; ya know.

I'm giving my opinion; surely not forcing my opinion on the matter. Usually that how MBs work/and a healthy debate.

Tata my dear Knight. drinker

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 01:48 PM

So, if the cameras are okay, what other invasions of privacy are you willing to put up with 'cuz it's 'the law' ... ?

But Knight; how in your opinion should drivers who run red lights, and potentially run a pedestrian over be handled?

Immaterial question. How were they handled BEFORE the cameras? And are pedestrians who are run over where a camera is in place any LESS dead ... ? Duh.

LMAO!!!!! Technology is evolving my dear Knight! Many things are handled differently now vs. 20, 50 yrs ago.

Invading one's privacy is having a candid camera while you're sitting on your "thrown" at home without your consent!

Duh.............:tongue:

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 01:32 PM

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 01:21 PM

Recently in my city they started installing red light and speed cameras.
And of course it has nothing to do with revenue it’s all about safety, so far they have sent out over 12,000 tickets at about $75.00 each. They also have a mobile speed camera in a red jeep and they have been known to set it along the Interstate (they call it an emergency vehicle) I have no problem being pulled over for speeding but to get a ticket in the mail a week after the fact with nothing but a photo of my vehicle telling me I was speeding is BS.
BTW I haven’t received any tickets I just think this is another way that big brother is watching us.
Also the ticket goes to the registered owner not the person behind the wheel at the time.
Do any of you have this going on where you live?

Yup; we have them too! Bastids! lol Got a picture of the rear of my car/plate in the mail!!!

Yes, I got a ticket blowin' a light, but I could have sworn it was GREEN! Uh huh...that's my story.............and I'm sticking to it!

There is a list of all the areas where these cameras are in place in my city. They're pretty obvious though if you know what they look like.
I know where most of them are and I watch my driving I guess my point is if I were to get a ticket a week after the fact it makes it hard to prove that I was in fact speeding.Hell I have enough problems remembering what I did yesterdaylaugh

Oh, if I "blow" a light you better believe I remember if I did or not. Unless my mind is elsewhere.

Hence, the purpose of the picture of one's car driving through a very blatant red light (it's depicted in the picture)..lol

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 01:03 PM

You all are aunties and uncles!

Monday I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive but light. I went into the doctor's office on Tuesday and their test said negative. Just now, I took another home test and it is positive.

:banana:

Congrats!!! May you be blessed with a healthy and beautiful bebe!!!:heart:

Oh honey; I'm sorry to read this (mental note to self: read entire thread before posting!!).

Cyber hugz your way!!!

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 12:38 PM

Monday I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive but light. I went into the doctor's office on Tuesday and their test said negative. Just now, I took another home test and it is positive.

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 12:38 PM
Edited by Sabrosura089 on Sun 08/22/10 12:39 PM

EDIT: Oh honey; I'm so sorry (mental note: catch up with thread before posting!!!).

Cyber hugz your way.

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 12:28 PM

Watching a movie and it says, "always kiss like it is the first time and the last time." I agree, what do you all think?

Depends who the other person is, and if they understand the art of kissing. Nothing worse than kissing someone who is clueless!!!:sick

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 12:23 PM
Edited by Sabrosura089 on Sun 08/22/10 12:23 PM

i wonder what she woulda done for some fries too?

laugh laugh

Forget the fries; what would she had done for a HAPPY MEAL?!drool

Darn; dup post! Sorry........

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 12:23 PM

i wonder what she woulda done for some fries too?

laugh laugh

Forget the fries; what would she had done for a HAPPY MEAL?!drool

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 12:16 PM

(1) Ladies don't want to have lasting relationship, I am an oldschool type who believes strongly in lasting relationship and marriage. Are there stil people like me?

You can't generalize all women. That would be a vast number of us.
Not everyone wants the same result in a relationship. There are many types of relationships ya know. i.e. ltr, fwb, fb, etc.....

(2) My friend want to know; Why do fair skin ladies don't like dark men or chocolate skin men?

They aren't attracted to men of darker complexion? Preference...we all have 'em.

Don't take things personally.

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 12:05 PM

I think of . . .

Immediate Family, Angel, her daughter, friends

I think...how blessed I am, and how good it feels emotionally/physically/mentally to have love in my life!:heart:

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 12:05 PM

I think of . . .

Immediate Family, Angel, her daughter, friends

I think...how blessed I am, and how good it feels emotionally/physically/mentally to have love in my life!:heart:

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 12:03 PM

Recently in my city they started installing red light and speed cameras.
And of course it has nothing to do with revenue it’s all about safety, so far they have sent out over 12,000 tickets at about $75.00 each. They also have a mobile speed camera in a red jeep and they have been known to set it along the Interstate (they call it an emergency vehicle) I have no problem being pulled over for speeding but to get a ticket in the mail a week after the fact with nothing but a photo of my vehicle telling me I was speeding is BS.
BTW I haven’t received any tickets I just think this is another way that big brother is watching us.
Also the ticket goes to the registered owner not the person behind the wheel at the time.
Do any of you have this going on where you live?

Yup; we have them too! Bastids! lol Got a picture of the rear of my car/plate in the mail!!!

Yes, I got a ticket blowin' a light, but I could have sworn it was GREEN! Uh huh...that's my story.............and I'm sticking to it!

There is a list of all the areas where these cameras are in place in my city. They're pretty obvious though if you know what they look like.

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 11:59 AM

holding onto something you really need to let go of? Be it physical or not.

Hold on to "it", but make sure there are no expectations/emotional ties!!!

Uhmmm....as for me; I won't hold onto to anything that does not willingly want to be "held".........

Me either. The tend to pee on you when you hold onto them like that.

What a visual!:laughing:

no photo
Sun 08/22/10 11:55 AM

holding onto something you really need to let go of? Be it physical or not.

Hold on to "it", but make sure there are no expectations/emotional ties!!!

Uhmmm....as for me; I won't hold onto to anything that does not willingly want to be "held".........