Community > Posts By > Tom4Uhere

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 06/26/23 08:51 AM
My profile has been hacked and changed by Mingle 2.

They had someone elses picture, someone elses zip code, reason for being here and changed my status.

Looks like I'll be abandoning this site too.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 06/26/23 08:44 AM
I'm high anxiety and have extreme ADHD and I was hardwired for stress since birth. I see my therapist twice a week and I have a counseling life coach.

I'm wondering why you trust these counselors with your contentment? It seems to me (from what you have written) you are not really 'fixing' your mental condition, merely enabling it.

Nobody is 'hardwired' for stress since birth. Stress and anxiety are learned conditions adopted after the age of reasoning. You can't know you are stressed until you can compare the stress conditions to non-stressed conditions. Clearly you were subjected to mental or physical abuse in your early childhood. Its an environmental condition not a genetic one.

Attention deficit means your mind works faster than the stimulus you are encountering. You have problems focusing your thoughts which can be a genetic condition which was reinforced by your environment.

I suggest you find both a psychiatrist and a psychologist who work together with the right drug and the correct counseling.

As for discipline, physical pain is not an effective disciple in and of itself. Discipline is the act of changing a conditioning. Its something you learn not something you do. Its how you master your abilities and learn new ones.

Many people raised by parents who don't understand actual discipline believe 'discipline' needs to always be negative and painful "to drive the point". This is wrong and abusive. It can create 'monsters'. True discipline is both positive and negative but seldomly physically abusive.

As parents, the X and I spanked our children when they were 3-5 years old. We had a house rule that we would never spank more than up to three swats on the bottom and only when they were about to hurt themselves. Most of the time a single swat was effective to change their behavior. It was our opinion, any more than 3 swats and it was for our pleasure, not for the child's benefit.
Once they reached the age of reasoning, the spankings were not as effective as when we took the time to explain and teach them.
Oh, there were times when my boys pissed me off and the got hit but that too was effective for the teen driven behavior.
All in all tho, in my family, love was the teacher.

You believing you NEED to be spanked from time to time means you are not learning the discipline in life you believe you should be learning and need a physical reinforcement to put you back on track.
The problem with that is when you don't get that physical reinforcement, you allow your life to tumble out of your control.
This tells me the discipline you think you are getting is not an effective discipline.

In your mind, you must think you need someone else to keep you aligned.
Most people are not looking for someone they have to teach. They want someone who is able to function on their own. You want to be a kept man.
At your age, you should be able to keep yourself.

There are many types of women and many types of men. I believe most don't want a child in an adult body who they have to care for as children.

To each their own. Personally I don't really care what you do. My relationship with my gf is a strong mature relationship between two adults who have already raised our own families. We don't need (or want) to have to keep one another in line.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 06/22/23 02:29 PM
I haven't anticipated meeting anyone to start a relationship in a long time?

Its easy to go meet with someone for coffee or lunch. Hell, I've met people while having coffee or a lunch.

When I met with my gf I wasn't planning on a relationship I just went to have a bite. What developed for us, came after the meet, a few weeks after.

Just set a time and a place and ask him what he will be wearing (that way you know when you find the right person).
Then just say hi, introduce yourself and go get yer coffee. Where the conversation goes from there is up to you and him.

Try just being a person and leave the relationship mess out of it till if or when one actually happens.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 06/21/23 11:06 PM
Thought occurs faster than light because one can imagine faster than a photon.
Imagination may not be an established science but since we have the capacity for an imagination, the Universe also has the capacity for it because we are part of the Universe, not separate from it.

Time, the actual function of duration, is immeasurable only because we can't measure it.
We don't possess a device able to measure it because that device would need the capacity to measure faster than time can occur. It would have to exist outside this Universe, outside time itself.
Each moment of time is a freeze frame of the Universe. Duration begins as that freeze frame initiates a change. The problem is, to measure time duration we would need to measure such a minute change at a speed faster than time itself. Before, the freeze frame starts its change to the moment the change occurs but that moment then becomes the next freeze frame because even that minute change also changes the entire Universe as a whole.
This means time is faster than light.

Since the Universe is currently in expansion, each freeze frame change expands it and since that 'rate' of change is faster than light, the Universe expands faster than light.

Gravity is linked to mass which is linked to time.
No matter how much mass is generating a gravitational effect, if mass is there, gravity is there too. The moment mass occurs, gravity also occurs.
How much gravity is directly related to how much mass.
The gravity speed is the same whether it is an elementary particle or a supermassive black hole. Its either there or it isn't.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 06/21/23 11:01 AM
Current Weather
12:56 PM
93°F / 34°C
RealFeel® Sun 116° / 47°C
An afternoon thunderstorm

TONIGHT’S WEATHER FORECAST
6/21
75°Lo / 24°C
RealFeel® 81° / 27°C

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 06/21/23 10:52 AM
Nice to meet you sunshine.

You also might try reading the forums dedicated to OHIO in the REGIONAL section of the COMMUNITY listing.

Good luck with your quest.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 06/21/23 10:45 AM
Fear of missing out (FoMO) is a unique term introduced in 2004 to describe a phenomenon observed on social networking sites. FoMO includes two processes; firstly, perception of missing out, followed up with a compulsive behavior to maintain these social connections.
Hadda look it up.

I don't suffer from FoMO.
My life is full of rich and interesting things on its own and do not require social networking to boost my self-esteem.

If you suffer from FoMO you may want to examine your real life and take pleasure in it. Being comfortable with yourself is a very important step in building healthy self-esteem.
Eventually, you might find you need social networking less and less as you progress.
Good luck

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 06/21/23 10:37 AM
It's like this, I am allergic to shellfish, well more like shellfish people. Whenever I'm around them I get a headache and feel queasy.

Instead of the world coming closer together they are being driven farther apart. Some of this is being done intentionally by politicians and advertisers, other parts have more to do with pop culture. Society is becoming more bi-polar, or tri-polar, or even beyond. It's not just the liberals verses the conservative. Look at the stupid things they got going this month. Pride month? Like gay people need a special month? When gay people fly a rainbow flag outside what are they truly trying to accomplish? "Hey, look at me I'm gay"? Or "screw you, I'm here and I'm queer"? They are not trying to "fit in",and have "equal rights", they are saying they are going to rub their lifestyle in your face wether you like it or not.
Then we got the dumbest holiday ever invented aimed at people that don't work and want everything handed to them. Who ever came up with this "Juneteenth"?. That's not even a word and is even more make believe then Columbus day. Congress just wanted another paid day off. If it wasn't for slavery 90% of the black people wouldn't even exist in the United States. Why are they so fixed on the past? Why can't they assimilate? Why do 100 people get shot every year at "Juneteenth" celebrations. It's not bringing people closer together, it's making people say "hey look at me, I'm different from you"

I heard somewhere that after the so called "pandemic" people are associating less with classes other then their own. Maybe because people who work hard for their money don't appreciate freeloaders? Or is it more to do with driving people apart and pinning them against each other?

Someone mentioned all the people on Mingle, well I get plenty of hits everyday on my account, problem is they are all fakes, fake people don't post in the forums, well not often anyways. They still have profiles of people from 10 years ago, the number of people that are on this site long enough to realize there are forums is very limited. That along with the fact that every topic has already been covered a number of times makes it tough to come up with new content. I'm not big on social media but I've even noticed people don't comment on Fakebook like they used to either, and if people don't click on "like" for every post then people don't do it in return, or they drop the people. Maybe the forums should come up with a "like" button, and a "dislike" button also?

I bet you don't think you're a bigot do you? I bet you think you are the farthest thing from it.
Garbage human being...

Not that I condone his post.

I personally believe dust4fun is accurate on the sentiments he shared. Even tho he missed way more, at least he is seeing the actual environment our 'new world' 'politically correct' society is heading for.
I firmly believe he is entirely entitled to his opinion on the matter.

I also firmly believe Devo1974 is entirely entitled to his opinion on dust4fun's opinion.
However, the same biased bigotry can be found there as well.

Then, RedneckHippy responds with a socially correct statement of alignment with Devo1974's sentiments.

Personally, I believe all of them are oblivious to the actual issues which are only hinted at in dust4fun's post.

The issue isn't skin color or sexual preference, its not religious beliefs or political affiliations.

The issue, in my opinion, is the fact people will not allow other people to have their own opinion or belief unless it fits within their own opinion or belief system.
You see it demonstrated constantly in these forums.
People bash, ridicule and chase away anyone who doesn't fit within your idea of social agreement.

Married on a dating site....GET OUT
Unique religious beliefs....GET OUT
Different dating beliefs....GO AWAY
Looking for sex.............YOU PERV

...and it goes on and on and on.

A discussion where everyone agrees on everything is really boring and shallow.
You get the same ...'permitted'...topics over and over again with the same ...'socially approved'...participants.

I don't know what Juneteenth is? I don't really care either.
You're homosexual, okay...I'm heterosexual, so what?

Let me give you a contrast on slavery.
A few hundred years ago invaders came to the new world in search of new riches. They decided to stay and commenced to TAKE the native population's lands by force.
The natives fought a valiant and bloody war against those invaders and lost. They were rounded up and put on small partials of their own land but afforded none of the rights of the invaders.
AND it is still happening to this very moment.

This same scenario plays out all over the world even today.

Then there's this...
A few hundred years ago these invaders went to another country and stole their people. They shipped them back to their new world and put them to slavery. Those natives waged no war, didn't significantly fight back and were suppressed by their captives breaking their spirit.
Some of the invaders decided against this slavery of another human being and offered to free them. The invaders then fought a bloody battle amongst themselves and finally won those slaves their freedom.
Now, those same slaves continue to hate all the invaders by skin color. They yell "unfair" "prejudice" and "equality" constantly.

Yet, who speaks for the natives who had their lands stolen, their people slaughtered and their cultures crushed?

Chances are good that right now you are on land which was taken from someone else.

The social correctness of the world is a farce. A delusion given to us by the offended so they don't have to deal with the actual issues at hand.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 06/20/23 11:52 PM
Edited by Tom4Uhere on Tue 06/20/23 11:54 PM
I love crime dramas.

I've been working on TV show listings on my site.
I've added shows up to those which begin with the letter N.

Here are some you might like (not a complete list yet but still pretty significant)...

24 (2001) crime drama 8.4
Against the Wall (2011) crime drama 7.1
American Crime (2015) crime drama 7.7
American Crime Story (2016) crime drama 8.4
American Rust (2021) crime drama 7.2
American Vandal (2017) crime drama 8.1
Animal Kingdom (2016) crime drama 8.2
APB (2017) crime drama 6.8
Aquarius (2015) cop drama 7.0

Bäckström (2020) swedish crime drama 6.7
Banshee (2013) crime drama 8.4
Barracuda Queens (2023) swedish crime drama 6.0
Battle Creek (2015) crime drama 7.2
Berlin Station (2016) cia spy drama 7.6
Better Call Saul (2015) crime drama 8.9
Big Little Lies (2017) crime drama 8.5
Big Sky (2020) crime drama 6.8
Blindspot (2015) crime drama 7.3
Blood & Oil (2015) crime drama 6.5
Blue Bloods (2010) crime drama 7.7
BMF aka Black Family Mafia (2021) crime drama 7.5
Body of Proof (2011) crime drama 7.1
Bones (2005) crime drama 7.8
Booker (1989) crime drama 6.2
Bordertown (2016) finland crime drama 7.6
Bored to Death (2009) crime drama 7.9
Bosch (2014) crime drama 8.5
Boss (2011) crime drama 8.1
Boston Legal (2004) crime drama 8.5
Breaking Bad (2008) crime drama 9.5
Breakout Kings (2011) crime drama 7.2
Briarpatch (2019) crime drama 6.5
Broadchurch (2013) crime drama 8.4
Brotherhood (2006) crime drama 7.7
Bull (2016) crime drama 7.1
Bulletproof (2018) crime drama 6.6
Burden of Truth (2018) lawyer drama 7.3
Burn Notice (2007) crime drama 8.0

Cagney & Lacey (1981) crime drama 6.8
Cardinal (2017) crime drama 7.8
Carnival Row (2019) crime drama fantasy 7.7
Carter (2018) crime drama 6.5
Castle (2009) crime drama 8.1
C.B. Strike (2017) crime drama 7.9
Charlie Jade (2005) crime drama scifi 7.2
Chase (2010) crime drama 6.9
Chicago Justice (2017) crime drama 6.8
City on a Hill (2019) crime drama 7.6
City on Fire (2023) crime drama 6.5
Clarice (2021) crime drama 6.6
Close to Home (2005) crime drama 6.6
Complications (2015) crime drama 7.1
Conviction (2006) crime drama 6.9
Coroner (2019) crime drama 6.8
Covert Affairs (2010) crime drama 7.3
Coyote (2021) crime drama 6.9
Crisis (2014) crime drama 7.0
Crossing Jordan (2001) crime drama 7.0
Crossing Lines (2013) crime drama 7.3

Damages (2007) crime drama 8.1
Damnation (2017) crime drama 7.6
Dark Blue (2009) crime drama 7.4
Dark Winds (2022) navajo crime drama 7.6
Deadwood (2004) crime drama 8.6
Deception (2013) crime drama 6.6
Deception (2018) crime drama 7.4
Deputy (2020) crime drama 6.4
Detroit 1-8-7 (2010) crime drama 7.6
Dexter (2006) crime drama 8.7
Dirty John (2018) crime drama 7.2
Dirty Sexy Money (2007) lawyer drama 7.2
Doubt (2017) lawyer drama 5.8
Dublin Murders (2019) crime drama 7.1

East New York (2022) crime drama 7.3
Eleventh Hour (2008) crime drama 7.2
Eye Candy (2015) crime drama horror 7.0
Eyes (2005) crime drama 7.7
Eyewitness (2016) crime drama 7.5

Family Law (1999) romance crime drama 6.6
Family Law (2021) comedy crime drama 7.2
Fargo (2014) crime drama 8.9
Feed the Beast (2016) crime drama 6.7
Flashpoint (2008) crime drama 7.8
For Life (2020) crime drama 7.6
For the People (2018) lawyer drama 7.3
Frankie Drake Mysteries (2017) crime drama 6.8
Franklin & Bash (2011) crime drama 7.6

Gang Related (2014) crime drama 7.5
Godfather of Harlem (2019) crime drama 8.1
Golden Boy (2013) crime drama 7.2
Gone (2017) crime drama 7.0
Good Behavior (2016) crime drama 8.0
Good Girls (2018) crime drama 7.7
Gracepoint (2014) crime drama 7.1
Grand Hotel (2019) crime drama 7.0
Grantchester (2014) crime drama 7.9
Grimm (2011) crime drama horror 7.9
Guilt (2019) crime drama 7.3

Hap and Leonard (2016) crime drama 7.6
Happy Valley (2014) crime drama 8.5
Harry’s Law (2011) crime drama 7.3
Hart of Dixie (2011) medical drama 7.7
Hill Street Blues (1981) crime drama 8.2
Hit and Run (2021) crime drama 7.0
Homeland (2011) crime drama 8.3
Homicide: Life on the Street (1993) crime drama 8.7
Hostages (2013) crime drama 6.7
How to Get Away with Murder (2014) crime drama 8.1
Hunters (2020) crime drama 7.2

I Am the Night (2019) crime drama 6.9
Identity (2010) crime drama 6.8
Imposters (2017) crime drama 7.8
In Justice (2006) crime drama 7.4
In Plain Sight (2008) crime drama 7.4
Instinct (2018) crime drama 6.7
Ironside (1967) crime drama 6.9

Justice (2006) crime drama 7.8
Justified (2010) crime drama 8.6

K-Ville (2007) crime drama 6.6
Kidnapped (2006) crime drama 7.6
Killer Instinct (2005) crime drama 7.1
King (2011) crime drama 6.8
King & Maxwell (2013) crime drama 7.1
Kojak (1973) crime drama 7.1

Las Vegas (2003) crime drama 7.4
Legends (2014) crime drama 7.4
Leverage (2008) crime drama 7.9
Liar (2017) crime drama 7.1
Lie to Me (2009) crime drama 8.0
Life (2007) crime drama 8.3
Lilyhammer (2012) crime drama 7.9
Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector (2020) crime drama 6.8
Longmire (2012) crime drama 8.3
Lou Grant (1977) crime drama 7.3
Low Winter Sun (2013) crime drama 7.0
Luther (2010) crime drama 8.4

Mad Dogs (2015) crime drama 7.5
Magic City (2012) crime drama 7.6
Major Crimes (2012) crime drama 7.7
Manhunt (2019) crime drama 7.6
Mare of Easttown (2021) crime drama 8.4
Mayans MC (2018) crime drama 7.6
Mayor of Kingstown (2021) crime drama 8.2
McMafia (2018) crime drama 7.6
Memphis Beat (2010) crime drama 7.5
Messiah (2020) crime drama 7.6
Mindhunter (2017) crime drama 8.6
Monk (2002) crime drama 8.0
Mosaic (2018) crime drama 6.4
Motive (2013) crime drama 7.4
Mr Inbetween (2018) crime drama 8.6
Mr. Mercedes (2017) crime drama 7.8
Mr. Robot (2015) crime drama 8.5
Murder in the First (2014) crime drama 7.2
Murder One (1995) crime drama 8.2
Murder, She Wrote (1984) crime drama 7.2
Murdoch Mysteries (2008) crime drama 8.2

Nancy Drew (1995) crime drama 6.6
Narcos (2015) crime drama 8.8
Nash Bridges (1996) crime drama 6.8
Notorious (2016) crime drama 6.6
NYC 22 (2012) crime drama 6.5
NYPD Blue (1993) crime drama 7.7

That's as far as I have done.
The ratings are from IMdb ratings.
You can find the page at IMdb to get more info or search youtube for trailers.

I'm thinking I have a lot of TV shows to make pages for and find streaming links.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 06/20/23 11:59 AM
I just looked....hundreds!
Deleted 3 pages and not one worth a click.

Its click bait.
I guess mingle gets click revenue?

Funny, I also have a few pages of messages even tho I have TAKEN: NOT LOOKING in my profile.

I find it amusing.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 06/19/23 12:45 PM
Current Weather
2:41 PM / 14:41
96°F / 35.5c
RealFeel® Sun 127° / 52.7c

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 06/19/23 12:37 PM
Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?

It never fails, as soon as I get used to eating something they make it new and improved...what was wrong with the last one?
Speaking of food...as soon as I get to liking something, the stores stop carrying it! WTF?

Why do weather forcasters say there is a 50% chance of rain? Why not just say "It might Rain or it might Not"?
Speaking of weather forcasters...why is it now necessary to give weather frightening names like Bomb Cyclones or Rampaging Tornados. Every storm is mega, deadly or destructive.
Everybody Run...Run for your LIVES!

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 06/19/23 09:36 AM
M2 forums are not really very good forums.
The forum BBcode software is extremely restrictive.
All bbcode must be written verses the ease of a WYSIWYG editor with buttons. I know a lot of BBcode but most common BBcodes are prevented here.

Its called a "Community" but there is no community structure or support. Basically, just a few 'forum friends'.

looking for a new playground

This is the only "dating" forum I use. I am member at many "other subject" forums and even have a few of my own.
I've considered many times, leaving and not coming back but I find this forum entertaining. The minds here help me understand the minds at my other forums a lil better. So, I still learn something about the human condition from the M2 forums.

Try imagining the recent posts as a sitcom or a comedy soap opera, its rather amusing. Someone should make a TV show based on dating site forums.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 06/19/23 09:05 AM
Video chat can also be faked. Ever heard of actors?
A static camera angle means you only see what the camera sees. ANYTHING can be happening off view of the camera.

BUT...
Phone calls, video chatting and messaging are the only tools you have to meet someone online. No matter what...if you want to meet with the person, some trust needs to be in place. Some method of off-site contact must be established. Otherwise you are limited to a virtual meet, which by its nature, isn't real.

It all starts with you and your own choices.
Real people are not perfect, they don't tick all the boxes. They make mistakes, have messy parts and set limits.
If you are trying to choose someone too good to be true...they probably are.
You have to be realistic and make wise choices.

Oh and video chatting...yeah, there's this thing called an ip address which can be traced to find out where you are and cell phones can be traced.
Someone who's purpose is to steal your identity probably has access to many programs and hacks, not just your call-back number on their phone.

If you are too paranoid to take a chance, why are you trying to date online in the first place?

Online dating sites are merely tools.
If you use the tool wisely, effectively, it works.
It works fairly quickly too.
Just like any tool, you use the tool to get to the end result.
In the online dating world, the end result is a face to face meet.
After that, you need a new set of tools to get the rest of the way to the relationship.

Messaging, phone calls, video chats are merely tools. If you are too afraid to use a tool, you can't get the job done. But, you also have to use those tools wisely or the job isn't done right and you get poor results.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 06/13/23 11:41 PM
By 'caveman' I am figuring you mean 'early man'?

Humans (Homo-Sapiens) developed slowly over generations from other baseline hominids, including the neanderthal.

I once read human brains developed as they did from their diet.
If you look at the human body type you can easily see 'hunter' features and carnivore features.
Binocular vision
Canine teeth
Erect posture on two legs
and so on...

Humans are also gatherers. We harvest plants for food.
This makes the human being an omnivore.

All these human features and behaviors developed over time and are NOT the product of extraterrestrial influence.

Additionally, due to our highly developed brain, humans remember the plants which heal or cause euphoria. We have learned how to combine chemicals to manufacture the same effects.
Naturally, we also consume...
Mushrooms, peyote and poppy, not to forget caffeine and nicotine.
Plus, when fruits over-ripen and ferment ... alcohol.

We...every single one of us, are animals.
We certainly are not plants or bacteria.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 06/13/23 01:35 PM
I've composed a lot of books and stuff but none was ever publicly published.
I wrote tech manuals, safety manuals, created checklists and tests, gave ojt and classroom training to work crews as well as prepared presentations for staff meetings and manager conferences.
One of my old co-workers recently told me many of the manuals and programs I started are still in use.

I have a teacher heart.
Now that I can't teach my trade I teach my passions like movies, TV, music and cooking.
My gf loves that I take the time to teach her how to prepare different foods to give life variety.
I taught her how to tweak her laptop, collect and play movies, shows and music without spending a fortune.
I could just do it but just doing it doesn't teach.
I taught my X how to work on cars and fix appliances. She could do light plumbing, electrical and woodworking.

I know I'm intelligent. Sheldon's mom had me tested.
But...I do relate to others not as knowledgeable as me. Once a person undersatnds I have no malice towards them and I am willing to take the time to teach them what they need to know, the eyes brighten a lil and that makes me feel good.

When I was working undercar at muffler and brake shops I took the customer out to their car and taught them about how it was supposed to work and why it needs fixed. I had a lot of loyal customers who were happy to have me as their mechanic.

Its my belief most problems people encounter are because they don't fully understand. Knowledge not only helps in life it can allow you to feel contentment easily. Knowledge is give thru communication. But, communication that works has to be two way.

This is why it is so important to compose good messages when you are contacting a potential date.
But that communication must flow freely in both directions to be effective.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 06/13/23 10:16 AM
what do you think about marriage from different cultures and countries?

Since I am not in that situation it doesn't matter what I think.

However, some things might need consideration if someone is planning to marry outside their country or culture.

Mail Order Bride - way too many problems to have a good relationship/marriage. Oh, I'm sure there are a few who work out just fine but as a whole there are just way too many horror stories to wisely consider such a desperate move.

Displaced Military - Marrying a military member from a different country could have its own set of unique problems. Mainly, the displaced spouse missing family members or 'trouble at home' situations.

University Students - When at Uni different people from different cultures and countries are thrust together in a limited society. Most are young and not world wise. Someone from another culture or country can 'look' exciting and new. Problem is, young people tend to gloss over dirty details in favor of popularity. What seems like a great idea at the time might get very ugly as the marriage ages and those dirty details start to focus.

Displaced Employees - pretty much everything I've already mentioned plus the fact corporations and companies can fire anyone. If their job is no longer there (for any reason) they will probably want to go home (back to their families). Are you prepared to sacrifice your own lifestyle with no assurance you will ever see your family or friends again?

Vacation/Holiday - relationships during holiday usually have no time to develop long enough to determine if marriage is an option. They are temporary and you don't get a complete picture of the person.

There are exceptions, certainly. But are you willing to be your life that you are the exception?
Ask a lot of questions.
Research all you can.
Talk to their friends and family.
Talk to their neighbors if possible.
Look at security markers.

If everything you find is positive be suspicious.
Everybody makes mistakes, its how you learn.

Most of all... Make Wise Choices!

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 06/13/23 09:46 AM
I agree.
Reading came early for me as a kid. I blame growing up in the country without a lot of nearby friends.
Since reading was easy, I was able to write pretty well and understand things a bit easier.
In school, my grades were always above average, homework wasn't a problem.
In the Navy, I read a lot on ship and during downtime on the beach. Joined book clubs and had an extensive library.
When I had kids, not only did I read to them, I had two full encyclopedia sets and kept their dictionaries in the bathroom on the magazine shelf.

When I got home internet yeah, I surfed a lil porn but it was just too fake and my sex life was much better in person anyway. So, I used the internet to read about things interesting to me (mostly science and science theory). I joined usenet and other chat/forum social platforms and discussed a wide range of subjects with people all over the world.

Before cell phones were a thing, people used to participate with complete sentences. Keyboards allowed anyone who knew how to type to express themselves. When text speak started becoming widely used, most of the people I had discussions with would flag it as spam or flooding.
About that time, people stopped having meaningful discussions and merely typed something just to show their presence.

Now, most of the time, you have one or two discussion starters and most others merely post anything on it just to show they've been there/seen that.
Discussions have become one direction. Few alternative views, fewer meaningful discussions.

That's why I stay with M2 forums. There are still people here who like having actual discussions.
I write like I talk. There are those here who actually write like they talk too.

Most places with reply features are flooded with replies of very little substance. I've even seen places that are full text speak and one word replies.
Twitter changed the face of online communication.
Facebook reinforces that.
Twitter only really works if the author has a good understanding of word meaning. If not, it becomes a cluster of nonsense.

In todays online world it is hard to find a match because people have learned to have multiple personas and can't seem to trust anyone enough to drop those personas and show their true self.

I guess I got lucky at M2 when my gf and I found each other. The few messages we sent each other were true, accurate and meaningful which lead to us actually meeting.
But then again, we actually had a conversation and not a textspeak pompus blast of nonsense.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 06/12/23 11:48 PM
The only thing I use my phone for is ... phone calls.
I don't text and I don't use apps. I don't use the web on my phone either.
My son put me on his plan and got me the phone or I still wouldn't own one.
Personally, I'd rather have a phone wall mounted with a corded handset.

I use my home PC everyday. I tweaked win10 to remove apps, change the desktop to icons and installed actual programs.

Being pretty much home-bound by my disability, I'm not in any real hurry about anything.
I have plenty of time to type out and respond to messages. Most of my time is spent on forums talking with other members about all sorts of topics.

I'm not dating and not looking either.
I only clear out my mail here 1x per month most of the time (unless I'm bored with the forums).
Anyone who has participated in these forums knows I tend to write a lot.

To me, text speak is lazy.
Someone messages me (when I was looking) who uses text speak or idiotic partial sentences is NOT my type. No doughnut, no response.
I'm attracted to people who have the intelligence to communicate properly.
Those that understand how effectively you communicate directly influences how others understand you.
If you are vague or too impatient to write meaningful sentences you will probably get responses from people just like you.
Then, if you start a relationship it will crash and burn because neither of you are able to effectively communicate.

Honest communication is vital to a relationship.
Why start one without it?

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 06/12/23 09:22 AM
Nothing, If I was any more relaxed I'd be dead.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25