Community > Posts By > Tom4Uhere

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 04/17/23 10:56 AM
Find someone worthy of your trust.
Be worthy of their trust.

Inability to trust is basically fear of vulnerability.
Work on your own emotional stability first.
Work on building stable self-esteem.
Understand what parts of you are secure enough to share with someone else and which parts you reserve until you find someone you 'can' trust.

Build trust slowly but with a good foundation.
Start small. Exposing the inconsequential parts of you.
If the prove to be trustworthy with that, divulge something a bit more personal and wait to see if their trustworthiness holds true.
Then as you build a solid trust with them share a bit more then a bit more and soon your trust for them will have a solid meaning.

Just remember trust has to work both ways.
Also, lies destroy trust.
Once lies are told, its probably best to end the relationship and move on.
It helps you you state that...at the start of the relationship.

Just remember to always hold your word.
If you say you are going to do something, make sure you do it or if circumstances prevent it, openly share why with them.

Choose wisely!

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 04/17/23 10:41 AM
On the subject of old-fashioned courtship values:

The online dating world is full of all types of people from all types of backgrounds with all ages and traditions.

No 'one' style of courtship fits all people from all ages.

During my (old-fashioned) youth, Courting disciplines were dictated a lot by our parent's influence. No many of us were media influenced.

As time progressed, each generation was slowly influenced more and more, by media exposure.

Old-fashioned can mean different things to different people depending upon their childhood influences.

A lot of people currently have the misunderstanding of 'old-fashioned' courtship.
They base their understanding on movies and literature which depict courting methods based on audience values according to the author, writer, director, studio or production company.
Even first-hand accounting of courtship from older relatives give you a 'gleam' which only focuses on the appealing aspects.

If you pay attention to your own value system and choose to court using romance your method will likely include only certain aspects of all your understanding of the courtship disciplines as you make it your own (custom to the relationship you are trying to build).

The moment you try to do or say something you don't normally do or believe in, you are perpetrating a lie.
Example: You hold the door for your date.
If you normally hold the door for people, holding the door for you date is in your nature and honest. But if you normally don't bother, it is a false act which is essentially a lie.

Additionally, most people will not respond favorably (in this day and age) to someone completely "old-fashioned".

You date a man who is completely old fashioned. So romantic and courteous during the courtship.
Then if a relationship blossoms, those old-fashioned values you love so much become restrictive and stagnate. What woman wants to serve their man 100% of the time. Cook the food, clean the house, do the dishes and laundry, take care of the kids, never work, only have 'approved' friends? Do you really want to be a man's property?

As the saying goes...
"Be Careful What You Wish For"

Life is messy. Courting should reflect reality.
Courting is the method used to figure out if the person you are interested in starting a relationship with aligns with you as you are.
Not as a ploy but as they actually are.

Choose Wisely!

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 04/17/23 10:13 AM
she is too good a person to date ruin the chance of having an actual good Friendship

If 'dating' someone ruins your friendship...you're doing it wrong!

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 04/17/23 10:10 AM
Consider:

When you actually meet someone, is it better to only talk or does 'doing something' add spice to the relationship?

From a choice perspective, isn't it better to know what someone can do over something they 'claim' to be able to do?

You can 'talk' about going camping and having an adventure (for example) or you can actually go camping with them and experience an actual adventure.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 04/17/23 10:06 AM
Keywords:

Moderation

Self-discipline

It also helps to choose things which challenge you in some way. If you favor one activity or interest only for instant gratification, once gratified you will lose interest.

Sometimes interest can be regained by choosing to look at it from a different perspective. A view which now challenges your expectations.
"Wow, I never saw it that way!"

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 04/12/23 06:53 AM
You can be a 'disabled person' or you can be a 'person' who happens to be disabled.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 04/11/23 01:37 PM
Distance MIGHT NOT matter if you (1) have known the person for years - maybe from your hometown (2) you have emailed for a LONG time, face-timed and paid the $19 or whatever to do a background check.

Distance DOES matter if you have never met the person, know no details about him/her except what they have told you, and it costs money to travel. Also you should each pay your own food and motel and get TWO rooms. Make sure yours has a lock on the door.

There are people murdering their own families, so in looking for love, we cannot afford to float away in fantasy land. We MUST be careful.

Only if you live in constant fear of other people.
Most people want to be able to touch the ones they love. Get that UP CLOSE and PERSONAL comfort you can only get if you are actually near them.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 04/11/23 11:21 AM
Yes - if you look at it as reality
no - if you are delusional and believe fantasy is reality

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 04/11/23 11:12 AM
Bed its mean sex

does it now....
Perhaps in your life.

Bed means sleep to me.

Sex is wherever/whenever we want.
Certainly not in bed (unless passion takes over in our sleep, it has happened...) but I'd rather do it while I am awake and can enjoy it.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 04/11/23 11:04 AM
James Webb Telescope Captures Detailed Image of Uranus’ Rings
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/james-webb-telescope-captures-detailed-image-of-uranus-rings-180981953/

https://astronomy.com/~/media/6C900BD881D743EEB6C19F4650BEEF95.jpg

When Voyager 2 flew by, it saw Uranus’ south pole basking in a summer sun, and the northern pole, captured by Webb, was on the planet’s dark side. In the new image, Uranus’ right side is covered by a white spot called a polar cap, which seemingly appears in the summer and disappears in the fall.

Webb orbits the sun from a point one million miles from Earth, but it’s just in our backyard compared to some of its far-off targets—the high-tech telescope has observed exoplanets, dying stars and distant galaxies that are changing ideas about the early universe. The new image of Uranus, snapped during a 12-minute exposure on February 6, was taken when Earth was 1.83 billion miles from the ringed planet

A wider view of the image shows the six brightest of Uranus’ 27 moons with other galaxies looming in the distance.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 04/11/23 07:15 AM
People who focus on the negative.
People too delusional to see the reality before them.
Compulsive liars, especially those who think their lies are truth.
Bully mentality

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 04/10/23 01:23 PM
Greenville PA
Famous for...Dying

Greenville was a steel industry town which was known for building train cars and forging steel parts for them.
at one time the high school wrestling team and football teams were state champions.

Greenville Steel Car Co (later, Trinity Industries)
Bessemer Maintenance Division
CB&I (Chicago Bridge and Iron)
Werner Ladders
Hodges Foundry

-ALL- the companies dried up and pulled out.
All the supporting businesses went belly up.
All the community activities dried up and closed.
(municipal pool, ice skating rink, theater, bowling alleys, roller rink etc...)
People left for greener grass.
Lots of old empty rundown houses and buildings ripe for riffraff and junkies.
Those who remained turned to alcohol, drugs or organized crime.

Last I was there was 2011 and tho the main street got a face lift the people were still broken.
I stayed about 14 months and left again. I will not go back.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 04/06/23 08:25 AM
'Should' is the key word here.
'Should', according to whom?
You?

The question Should women have many tats? implies you think it is your authority to dictate the behavior and beliefs of others.

To me, the real issue for discussion is your sense of grandeur which makes you believe others should bow down and submit to your expectations of them.
Not tattoos.

What's next?
Women should have long hair.
Women should wear nylons?
Women should walk behind you in public.
Women should know how to cook, do laundry, change diapers, make beds...etc

It also makes me think your controlling personality may not be limited to only women.
Perhaps you have a set of conditions for everyone in your life.

The sad thing is the fact you can't see how delusional it is to think you can control others. Make other people live up to your expectations.

The dating process is an internal preference hunt.
You seek the one who is within your preference range AS THE ARE. It makes no sense to look for anyone and try to remake them as you want them to be. What you get is a lie, an illusion.
If that person has so little self-respect that they are willing to be something they are not just so they can be with you it is at best, a temporary agreement. Its not fair to yourself and it certainly isn't fair to them.

In life, there are those who align with you and those who don't.
In dating (the mate selection process), once you find that one who aligns, you don't change them to fit better. You allow them to be themselves. After-all, its why you aligned with them in the first place.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 04/05/23 05:01 AM
Edited by Tom4Uhere on Wed 04/05/23 05:01 AM

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 04/05/23 04:59 AM
In my experience 'couch surfing' has been limited to my children or friends visiting the area.
I know few people who open their homes to strangers. Think 'serial killer'.

What I have seen is called 'bed & breakfast' or 'air bed (airb&b)'.

In a way, couch surfing could be associated with hitchhiking. 'Hitchhiking' is getting a ride from a stranger by putting out your thumb or holding a sign while standing on a highway or street. Hitchhiking is illegal in many places due to the fact so many people have been raped or murdered or just plain vanish from doing so.
Its dangerous for the hitchhiker and the host because you never actually know the person...they could be anyone.
I imagine it could be pretty much the same for couch surfing.

While it may hold true so far that it is safe, its only going to be safe until it isn't and if you survive that I would suggest you use that fortunate wisdom to make better judgements.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 04/04/23 05:35 AM
Sex edu makes dating better

Yes, if your focus for dating is having sex.
Experience trumps education everytime.

Sex education when I was in school was part of the biology sciences.
It involved physical attributes, basic conception and gestation.

When in high school and hormones were ruling most of us, sex ed class was included in social sciences.
It involved manners, hormonal effects in puberty, social intricacies of young adults and family values.
Many of us got 'The Talk' from our parents.
Sometimes they got it right.

College was an explosion of sexual experiences, both good and bad. You got to see what actually happens when your friend doesn't wear a condom and the turmoil it causes. The AIDS scare sent fear rampaging thru campus. Couples stayed together longer and moods went funky.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 04/04/23 05:18 AM
You don't find love.
Love doesn't find you.

Love is an emotional state with each of us.
Different people feel different levels of love for different people and things.

When you find someone to be in an intimate relationship with you actually find someone who effectively demonstrates the love they feel towards you.

That loving connection you feel is you recognizing their display of love towards you and them recognizing your display of love towards them.

Not only is it recognition, it is acceptance of their display as well.
You don't feel loving connection with someone who's display of love isn't in alignment with you.
If your display of love isn't in alignment with their acceptance of love, there is no connection as well.
This is why you can love someone with all your heart but they don't love you back.
It is also why another may love you but you feel nothing for them.

Its the demonstration of your feelings for love for each other which creates the loving feeling between you.
Not the actual emotional state.
That's inside, just like sadness, hatred, anger, joy and all the other complex inner emotional states you feel.

I can't figure out why people are so inclined to make something so simple, so complex and difficult?

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 04/04/23 04:59 AM
how to build trust??
In my opnion stay loyal to ur partner in every situation is enough

i want to know about how many can agree with my opinion..

Trust is delicate.
Trust is also finicky.
In order to have trust in another it is also important to be trustworthy yourself.

There are levels of trust.
You can trust someone with certain things but not trust them with other things.

Trust is built with honest communication and integrity.
Follwed by actions which support your declarations.
Words alone can't build deep trust.
If you say you are going to do something, make sure you do it.
If you claim to feel a certain way about something or someone, make sure you express that in your attitude, expression and actions.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 04/03/23 10:22 PM
You're talking about The Warriors (1979)?
or maybe The Warriors (2022) ~ miniseries?
or maybe The Warriors (1955)?
or maybe The Warriors (2017) ~ miniseries?
Or The Warriors (2005) video game?
or Warriors (1999) TV show?
or The Warriors new TV show being made now?

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 04/03/23 10:13 PM
Super Science Fiction Televison Shows:
(not in order of importance)
To name a few...
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica
Lost In Space
Outer Limits
Primeval
Star Trek
Stargate