Community > Posts By > Tom4Uhere

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 02/01/23 09:10 PM
splinter-free toilet paper

Certainly gives a terrifying image of a super klingon. OUCH!

With a booty-squirter or a bidet don't you still have to dry your bottom?
Isn't that what the bathroom curtains are for? LOL

animal furs

I guess that's what bunnies are for.

pieces of tapestry

Yeah, they used the curtains.

Why is it called "Bathroom Tissue"
Why not call it "Turd Off"?

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 02/01/23 08:47 AM
Before Toilet Paper

Joseph C. Gayetty was an American inventor credited with the invention of commercial toilet paper. It was the first and remained only one of the few commercial toilet papers from 1857 to 1890 remaining in common use until the invention of splinter-free toilet paper in 1935 by the Northern Tissue Company.

And though sticks have been popular for cleaning the anus throughout history, ancient people wiped with many other materials, such as water, leaves, grass, stones, animal furs and seashells. In the Middle Ages, people also used moss, sedge, hay, straw and pieces of tapestry.

Cowboys used the large velvety leaves of the mullein (Verbascum thapsus) plant while out on the range. Mullein is a biennial plant available for use in almost every bioregion.

As newspapers and catalogs started being circulated in the late 18th and 19th centuries, many Americans began using pages from the Farmers' Almanac and the Sears, Roebuck and Company catalog.

22 Carat Gold Toilet Paper Roll is the Most Expensive Disposable Item. If you have money to burn, why not wipe your bum with it instead? This unbelievable 22 carat gold toilet paper roll provides you with a means to quickly waste a great deal of wealth -- but then, that's a measure of status.

Americans are the world's leader in toilet paper consumption. Every year, the average American uses over 140 rolls of T.P. each.

To reduce waste, lots of people look for re-usable toilet paper alternatives. The most common is probably cloth (commonly called 'The Family Cloth'). If you'd like to experiment with The Family Cloth, people recommend using a soft material like flannel or cotton (though you could use towels or washcloths).

Unlike in developed countries, most public toilets in China do not provide toilet paper onsite and users must bring their toilet paper. Moreover, an open waste bin is placed in each user's cubicle to collect used toilet paper and tissues.

For all you time travelers, hoping to visit the past and find their perfect mate...better realize it probably stunk pretty bad back then.
sick

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 01/31/23 08:46 AM
Does "Driving a 6 inch spike thru a 4x4" count?

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 01/31/23 08:39 AM
My life is full of 13s or multiples of 13

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/30/23 09:30 AM
Under train tracks on the foundation pillar while a train was passing overhead.
{when you're young things get crazy}

While she was cleaning the oven.

In a sleeping bag...what we didn't know is we rolled into the campfire and the bag was on fire.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/26/23 12:16 PM
Google is to be congratulated

It is promising to use search results and algorithms as a means for creating artificial intelligence software.
True AI would need to use that information then use it to create itself.

This was kinda explored in the film

Ex Machina (2015), a story about an AI which uses web search results to gain the upper hand against its human creator.

7.70 Rating
108 min
Caleb Smith, a programmer at the world's largest internet company, wins a competition to spend a week at a private mountain retreat belonging to Nathan, the reclusive CEO of the company. Upon his arrival, Caleb learns that Nathan has chosen him to be the human component in a Turing Test-charging him with evaluating the capabilities, and ultimately the consciousness of Nathan's latest experiment in artificial intelligence, housed in the body of a beautiful robot girl.

Genre: Romance, Action, Mystery
Release: 2015
Director: Alex Garland
Cast: Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, Alicia Vikander, Symara A. Templeman, Sonoya Mizuno,
Elina Alminas, Tiffany Pisani, Gana Bayarsaikhan, Corey Johnson, Claire Selby

Nathan, the creator of Blue Book (a search engine) uses the Blue Book results to create the AI.

Google has the information of nearly the entire planet's interests, fears and concerns. If it uses all that information to create an AI it could have a very good model of what it is to be human.
Which is what Nathan did to create Ava.

Imagine a program/algorithm which gathers all your search and web/WiFi activity and feeds it into the artificial intelligence you are encountering. What if that AI can actively adjust itself according to your profile specifically or the profile of the local group it encounters.

How convincing might it be at making you think it is actually alive? Especially if it knows more about what you like than you do.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/26/23 11:43 AM
As I pointed out earlier in this thread, the Universe is populated by spheres.

It has to do with mass accumulation, time and gravity.

Observation of the cosmos allows us to measure celestial movements of massive objects called moons, planets and stars.
This movement can measure rotation of these objects revealing their spherical shapes.
Physics tells us how these spherical shapes occur and those physical laws prove the mass threshold of spherical formation.

The Earth has enough mass for its gravity to create a sphere. The Moon has enough mass for its gravity to also create a sphere.

There are no observations or calculations in cosmology which indicate a massive celestial object which is not spherical.
Low mass accumulations show up as clouds and accumulations of loosely packed matter such as smaller asteroids and comets. However there are asteroids and comets with enough mass to cause spheres.

If in all the observed Universe we see spheres, why would Earth be flat?
Since we can measure rotation of local solar system spheres, why would Earth be the only celestial object in this solar system which is flat? How could that happen?

Now take this information and apply it to surface observations of the sky. We see the Sun move across the sky, we see the stars and planets move across the sky. We experience seasons, equinoxes and eclipses.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/26/23 11:24 AM
Still NO...But here's why:

My conciousness exists and I am aware of time passage faster than a second at a time. Its why I see reality as a smooth progression of time while awake. I don't live a year, month, day, hour, minute or second at a time in chunks. I live in a smooth constant progression of time over a duration.

To me, a year is a long time. A decade is longer still and my lifetime very long at 62 years.

The human being currently lives no more than 100 years (with a few exceptions).
There are 10 periods of 100 years in 1,000 years (millenium).
There are 100 periods of 1,000 years in 100,000 years and 10 periods of 100,000 years in a million years.
Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago.
There are 1,000 million periods of 1,000,000 years in 1,000,000,000 (Billion).
The Earth is appx 4.5 Billion years old (4,500,000,000) abd the Universe is appx 13.8 Billion years old (13,800,000,000).
Forever is infinity.

Who, in their right mind would choose to live forever when existing means you experience each moment as a duration?

That is insanity.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/26/23 10:00 AM
a team of researchers have been creating embryos that are part human and part monkey

Why?

Apes and humans are both primates on the same branch of the tree of life.
Are they doing this to avoid the legalities of using human stem cells in genetic research?

Which monkey are they using?

From a practical view it makes little sense?
"Monkeys" have very few genetic traits which might benefit humans.

However, if taken as a step towards a science fiction based agenda, it could be the first steps in creating chimera-based intelligent life which could have many practical applications if they can splice outside the primate taxonomy.

But if you think about human-avian chimeras you might get a creature which is intelligent and can fly.
If you think human-aquatic mammal chimeras you might get an intelligent creature which can survive under the oceans and build habitats or farm.

Human-monkey chimeras are a very long way from creating a viable embryo outside the primate branch.
What's more, I'm sure some scientist in the past attempted it and failed so often it was abandoned.
Whether it was the Nazi experiments on people or the USA MK-Ultra experiments or Russian cold war experiments.

I've read and watched enough science fiction to know human hybrid chimeras have been a common theme. Not to mention the horror fiction of human hybrid chimeras which have gone wrong.

Besides, there is a much easier way to create humans with special abilities if nanotechnology advances as predicted by Eric Drexler.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 01/25/23 08:51 AM
I was watching bad movies on YouTube and came across Christmas International sponsored on Movie Central.

Day of Reckoning (2016)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlxadZB7OC0

Specifically,
DONATE
Make Christmas Special For Those In Need!
Everyone Deserves A Christmas Dinner!
Movie Central, organizer
Your donation helps provide food essentials and Christmas treats for a family in need this year, please give.
Donation collected by The Christmas Box International
YouTube covers all transaction fees • Nonprofit website
The Christmas Box International works to prevent child abuse and defend children through a culture of universal diversity, inclusion, and love. We partner with local, national, and international groups to improve the quality of life for children, teens, and young adults who are victims of abuse, neglect, trafficking, or are facing homelessness. Our mission is simple: Every child deserves a childhood.

It occurred to me most Christmas charities target low income families.

I don't have an issue with helping low income families experience a pleasant Christmas.
However, low income families are not the only families which might benefit from a lil help during the Christmas season.

So I have an idea for a different kind of Christmas charity...

Lets call it... umm?... "Christmas Possible"

Christmas Possible targets low-middle income families who do not qualify for assistance because their income is just above the poverty assistance limit.

These are families which earn too much to get assistance yet struggle to pay every bill.

Christmas Possible doesn't buy gifts or pay for food. They give grants to families in the form of utility payments which ease the load on the household income during the Christmas season.
The grant does not go to the family, it is applied to that household's utility bill(s) with a grant limit. The family gets a credit on their bill for the amount of the grant.
The grant must be applied for by the head of household and they must qualify.
They must designate which utility gets which percentage of the grant.

This would free up that amount of utility bill money which that family can use for Christmas.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 01/24/23 09:02 PM
Also consider...

Every tale of aliens describe them as human-sized, more or less. Never very small like ankle sized and never really big like Avatar-sized or bigger/smaller.

Why do aliens hate cows?
Why do aliens draw in fields?

With all the video surveillance equipment in our world, why has there never been any actual video evidence which can be proven as fact?

What's the deal with aliens probing people's butts?

So, of all the galaxy, aliens who are very similar in size to us come to this planet to draw pictures in our fields, attack/kill cows and stick stuff up our butts.
spock

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 01/17/23 09:39 AM
FTL is relative to the scale of the observer.
FTL is limited by mass/energy.

If the Universe is moving away from us at FTL, explain why we have measured Andromeda moving towards a collision with the Milky Way?
Explain the Galactic Local Group inwhich the Milky Way exists?

Ever heard of the term Gravitational Drag?
Stars have a Heliosheath and Heliotail as they move thru local space. Kinda looks like something inside a flowing stream of water.

The Universe as we understand it has certain commonalities. Star formation, galaxy types and stuff like that.
Its not to big of a leap to think if an interstellar medium exists, there may also be an intergalactic medium which affects galaxies in the same way.

We have also detected galactic superclusters and supercluster membranes (strings of supercluster galaxies) filling the observable Universe.
1 BILLION LY from the Sun

What this means is the mass in the Universe is slowed from FTL due to resistance as well.

The biggest issue is the fact we can only observe and measure light. We can't measure the light source mass directly.
If the Universe is expanding it means we are also expanding. Our mass is moving away from other mass which is moving away. If we are moving away from our target at .6c and our target is moving away from us at .6c it would APPEAR our target is moving 1.2c which would be FTL.

At 14 BILLION LIGHT YEARS FROM THE SUN

We see a sphere of the observable Universe.
It is however, misleading as to what actually exists.
In this view, the Sun is at the Center of the Universe. Our view shows a Universe 14 BILLION Light Years in Diameter. At the 14bly limit, our universe stops. Astronomers like to assume that is because there is no light past that point.
It causes one to think the Sun is the actual center of the Universe when in reality we may only be located at a small segment of the actual Universe.
If the Universe is expanding like an explosion, what we detect at 14bly has had 14by to move away from us. Since our detectors can only 'see' 14 billion light years out, the Universe appears to have an edge. It doesn't matter where in the Universe we are located, we can only detect a 14 bly diameter.
14 Billion Light Years / 900 Trillion Light Years, it doesn't matter. If you drop a pebble in the ocean how far do the ripples go?
The Universe is full of currents, gasses, gravitational waves and a slew of stuff which causes resistance. The Universe is a giant cluster of matter of various densities and compositions.
We can't know if it is moving thru some ultra-verse medium or sitting still.

The only thing we do actually know is what affects us right here and right now. That's what is really important. Speculation on the nature of the Universe is fun, an entertainment.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 01/17/23 08:16 AM
Busy day today...
Gotta wash a sinkful of marshmellows
Gotta peel my lightbulbs
and shave a half a bag of oyster crackers
ohwell

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/12/23 02:59 PM
Gettin ready ta cook supper...Watchin Bad Movies on Youtube.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/12/23 02:55 PM
Of the entire Friday the 13th Movie Set, which one is your favorite? The runner-up?
Which one is the worst?

My favorite is
Friday the 13th 10: Jason X (2001) cause I like the Science Fiction space setting

The runner up is
Friday the 13th 8: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)

For me, the worst one is
Friday the 13th 5: A New Beginning (1985)

How about you?

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/12/23 09:05 AM
I've been sayin' basically the same thing for years.

If you think about it...the only thing you actually 'know' is what is happening around you right now as you can experience it first hand. Everything else is a testimonial of what other people are experiencing, at best and a bunch of hearsay and gossip at worst.

In this day and age of instant gratification and instant information we are 'programmed' to react to events and conditions which do not directly affect us in real-time.

Many people live in a perpetual state of "It could be ME". "What if that happens to ME?" increases real-time stress over events and conditions that are not and may never affect you personally.

I used to watch NEWS twice a day and listen to broadcast radio news at work. I worried about a lot of stuff that never actually happened to me. I spent hard earned money on things I really didn't need (the only time I fired up my home generator was during maintenance schedule). I did the whole 'prepper' thing including armed bug-out bag and caches.

The "world" IS a scary place!
But...I've learned my little part of the world isn't a scary place, its quite pleasant, very peaceful. If power goes out in a hurricane I don't NEED a generator, candles and charcoal will do what I need. The last hurricane, a cat 3, lost power for 6 days. Guess what...I survived just fine. A bit quiet and I missed watching movies but survival wasn't that difficult.

I've heard people say they can't get rid of the stress in their lives. That's not true. Thing is, you have to WANT to get rid of the stress in your life. The first step is to stop WORRYING about stuff you have no direct control over. Stop FEEDING the drama. START looking for and recognizing the good things which happen in your life every single day.
You don't need someone else to tell you because you are actually living it.
For the things which are within your direct control that are messing with your contentment, only you can make the changes needed. If you're not sure what to do, stop worrying about all that other crap and set your mind where it should be, on your contentment.

Live in the moment, the right here / right now.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/09/23 02:09 PM
Working on populating indexes at ScreenHead

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/02/23 03:21 PM
We did tequila enemas (Joking)...

Nah, I picked up some liquor store Mudslides and White Russians.

NYE dinner was Pizza.

NYD I fixed Polish Kielbasa and Rice in a Maple Bourbon sauce with crushed Pecans, peppers & onions.

I usually fix some type of Pork and Sauerkraut in the slow cooker but decided to change it up.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 12/28/22 01:40 PM

My Science Project (1985)

Sky High (2005)

Any Given Sunday (1999)

Broken Arrow (1996)

Gun Shy (2017)

Rapid Fire (1992)

Vanishing Point (1971)

Avatar 2: The Way of Water (2022)

Black Adam (2022)

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 12/27/22 09:56 PM
Here's another playlist I'm still building based on music found in movies.

Movie Rip Collection

Movie Assortment 1

The Runaways - Cherry Bomb [Guardians of the Galaxy]
Black Sabbath - Paranoid [Kong Skull Island]
10 CC - I'm Not In Love [Guardians of the Galaxy]
The Droge & Summers Blend - Two Of The Lucky Ones [Zombieland]
Big Mountain - Baby, I Love Your Way (Jumanji)
Band of Horses - The Funeral (Live Acoustic) [Battleship]
David Bowie - Moonage Daydream [Guardians of the Galaxy]
Elvin Bishop - Fooled Around And Fell In Love [Guardians of the Galaxy]
Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains [Captain Marvel]
The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child [Guardians of the Galaxy]
Success - Hard to Come Back [Zombieland]
The Animals - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place [Kong Skull Island]
Alexiane - A Million On My Soul [Valerian]
Emiliana Torrini - White Rabbit (Sucker Punch)
Arthur Smith - Dueling Banjos [Zombieland]
Rhinoceros - Apricot Brandy [Woodstock]

Movie Assortment 2

Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You [Afterlife]
David Soul - Don't Give up on Us [Conjuring 2]
Bulletboys - Rock Candy [Wayne's World]
Donovan - Catch the Wind ('69 Version) [Woodstock]
Band of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You [Zombieland]
Fenton Robinson - Somebody Loan Me A Dime [Blues Brothers]
Billy Swan - I Can Help [Thor]
Chris Stapleton - Midnight Train To Memphis [The Predator]
Bee Gees - I Started a Joke [Conjuring 2]
Breaking Benjamin - So Cold [The Conjuring]
Dusty Springfield - Spooky [Ant-Man & The Wasp]
Flaw - Get Up Again [xXx]
Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man [Zodiac]
Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth [Angel Has Fallen]
Cinderella - Hot And Bothered [Wayne's World]
Boz Scaggs - Lowdown [Zodiac]
Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy [Happytime Murders]
Gene Autry - Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) [Christmas Vacation]
Eagles - Please Come Home for Christmas [Christmas Chronicles]
Chromatics - Tick of the Clock [Taken 2]

Movie Assortment 3

Paul Hartnoll - Apollo Ape [American Ultra]
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit [Kong Skull Island] [Woodstock] [Babysitter 2]
Mazzy Star - Fade Into You [Justice League]
Janis Ian - At Seventeen [Zodiac]
Joe Cocker - With A Little Help From My Friends [Woodstock]
Lynn Anderson - I Never Promised You a Rose Garden [Zodiac]
Mark Knopfler - Darling Pretty [Justice League]
Pilot - Magic [Guardians of the Galaxy]
Paul Anka - Puppy Love [Zombieland]
Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul - Santa Claus is Back in Town [Iron Man 3]
Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street [Zodiac]
Nirvana - Come As You Are [Captain Marvel]
Massive Attack - Dissolved Girl [Matrix]
Metric - Gold, Guns, Girls [Zombieland]
Joe Jackson - Is She Really Going Out With Him [There's Something About Mary]
Hootie & The Blowfish - Hold My Hand [Justice League]
Pure Prairie League - Let Me Love You Tonight [American Ultra]
Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster [Harley Quinn] [Urban Legend] [Zodiac] [Final Destination 3]

Movie Assortment 4

Sigrid - Everybody Knows [Justice League]
Steppenwolf - Hey Lawdy Mama [Avengers Endgame]
The Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman [Captain Marvel]
Red Bone - Come and Get Your Love [Guardians of the Galaxy]
Stone Temple Pilots - Big Empty [The Crow]
Soundgarden - Loud Love [Wayne's World]
Roxette - The Look (2015 Remake) [47 Meters Deep 2]
Seether - Broken [The Punisher]
The Byrds - You Ain't Goin' Nowhere [Easy Rider]
The Chamber Brothers - Time Has Come Today [Kong Skull Island]
The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup [There's Something About Mary]
The Kinks - Supersonic Rocket Ship [Avengers Endgame]
Rod Stewart - (I Know) I'm Losing You [Halloween 2] [Zodiac]
Sea Wolf - You're a Wolf [Zombieland]
Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly with His Song [Zodiac]
Raspberries - Go All The Way [Guardians of the Galaxy]
Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing (Wayne's World)

Movie Assortment 5

The Youngbloods - Let's Get Together [Forrest Gump] [Woodstock]
The Rolling Stones - Doom And Gloom [Avengers Endgame]
Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You [Wayne's World]
The Spinners - The Rubberband Man [Avengers Infinity War]
Tommy James And The Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion [Zodiac]
The Quill - Waiting For The Sun [Woodstock]
The Zombies - Time of the Season [The Conjuring]
Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy [Avengers Endgame]
The Stooges - Down on the Street [Kong Skull Island]
Wolf Alice - Don’t Delete The Kisses [Darkest Minds]
Willie Mitchell - Grazing in the Grass [Woodstock]
Tim Buckley - Buzzin' Fly (Take 3) [Woodstock]
Thunderclap Newman - Something In The Air [Jojo Rabbit] [Woodstock]
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls [Spawn]
The Ventures - Wipe Out [Wayne's World 2]
William Tyler - Highway Anxiety [Woodstock]
The Velvet Underground - Oh! Sweet Nuthin' [Zombieland]

Movie Assortment 6

Ben Lee - How To Survive A Broken Heart [There's Something About Mary]
Patricia Vonne - Traeme Paz [Once Upon A Time In Mexico]
Evanescence - Bring Me to Life (Daredevil)
Rob Dougan - Furious Angels (Matrix Reloaded)
Marcos Loya - Yo Te Quiero [Once Upon A Time In Mexico]
Overseer - Skylight (Blade Trinity)
Deftones - Can't Even Breathe [Escape From LA]
Canned Heat - Going Up The Country (1969)
David Brachfeld - Into The Fire [Dragon Soldiers]
Evanescence - My Immortal (Daredevil)
Ian Hunter - Good Man in a Bad time [Fright Night}
Brian Tyler & Slash - Mustang Nismo (Tokyo Drift)
The Tragically Hip - Bobcaygeon [Trailer Park Boys]
The Ultimate Doom Theme [Doom 3 Game]
David Baloche - Looking Around Lately [Porno]
Juno Reactor - Pistolero [Once Upon A Time In Mexico]

Movie Assortment 7

R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People [Marley & Me]
AFI - The Embrace [Mortal Instruments]
Anne Murray - Snowbird [Zodiac]
Ruelle - The World We Made [The Old Guard]
Beware Of Darkness - Howl [RED 2]
Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces [Zodiac]
Saliva - Ladies And Gentlemen [Jumper]