Community > Posts By > Tom4Uhere

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 09:31 PM
Edited by Tom4Uhere on Thu 01/20/22 09:32 PM

Is there a topic? Is there a question....

Not really, he's playing the pity-party angle.

I think he 'looks' just like any other older man with a lil gray in his beard.

His turbin might be having a greater affect than his 'looks'.

But hey, "Oh, Woe is Me" tactics do work sometimes.
Not sure if I would want the type of woman that attracts but he's desperate.

To the OP:
If there's truth in your statements you might want to look into building healthy self-esteem. Healthy self-esteem attracts people of higher calibur.

Or...you could find a mommy to kiss yer boo-boo and make you all better.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 09:24 PM

I usually follow the shows NCIS and FBI.... but now there are so many additions ( location wise) ... it's getting kinda boring ....

I watched the first season of NCIS Hawaii.
Meh...I guess it was okay but nowhere near as good as the 'original' with Gibb or 'New Orleans' with Scott Backula.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 10:54 AM
Recently I've been working on my TV show collection (adding trivia and supporting pictures).

Part of my day involves working on the Movie Monster wiki. I loves me some monsters!

Its been a rather cold winter this year and I'm fighting my sinuses. Supposed to get down to the 30s at night the next couple days and it was 70 out yesterday.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 10:44 AM
I often lose interest waiting for new seasons of anything.

Me too!

One thing I do (I have plenty of time) is I watch the prior season right before I binge the new complete season.

When I really want to watch the new season, sometimes I will rewatch a few of the final episodes of the prior season over again, that way the story is fresh and the new season is not such a task to get into again.

On one of the streaming sites I use the stream titles denote story arcs with a (1), (2), (3) and so on.
I can stream the small story arcs inside each season to follow the backstory which influenced the new season.

One example of this is
Star Trek Enterprise season 3, episodes 18 & 19
Azati Prime (1) and Damage (2). These two episodes link together in the third season.
It establishes important story elements which developed in the 4th season.

Another thing I do between season breaks is look for special non-seasonal videos which support the series.
One example of this is

Star Trek: Short Treks
A series of stand-alone short films featuring characters and storylines from Star Trek: Discovery (2017).
There are currently two seasons available in this.

I also look for 'behind the scenes'/'making of' videos on youtube.

It fills in the gap and keeps the show's storyline fresh while waiting.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 10:25 AM
Over the last few days I've been working on my Star Trek collection.

For each show I've beern collecting trivia and pictures to include in each show folder.

I've found blueprints for most of the ships, including cutaway views and set construction photos.

I find it all pretty fascinating.

One example is
Cygnus-X1.net
U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701
Constitution Class Starship Refit Blueprints

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/ksy-enterprise.php
In this little corner of the internet, we showcase information on hundreds of Star Trek Books, provide detailed information on every Star Trek episode and movie and, of course, we continue to be THE source of Star Trek blueprints. Recently we've also added a section that includes tens of thousands of screencaps from each episode/movie (with more being added on a very regular basis.)

Blueprint Table of Contents:
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-main2.php
FEDERATION VESSELS
- STARSHIPS / HEAVY CRUISERS
- CRUISERS / FRIGATES
- TRANSPORTS / FREIGHTERS / TUGS / DRONES
- SCOUTS / DESTROYERS
- SHUTTLES
- BRIDGE LAYOUTS
- SPACE STATIONS
- INTERACTIVE DECK PLANS
OTHER COLLECTIONS
- MULTI-SHIP COLLECTIONS
- EQUIPMENT / WEAPONS

3rd PARTY COLLECTIONS
- CYDONIA 6 INK BLUEPRINTS
- STRATEGIC DESIGN DECK PLANS
- STARSHIP DYNAMICS BLUEPRINTS
- JACKILL DATA SHEETS
- JBOT DECK PLANS
ALIEN VESSELS
- KLINGON EMPIRE VESSELS
- ROMULAN STAR EMPIRE VESSELS
- OTHER ALIEN VESSELS

TECHNICAL MANUALS
- FASA SHIP RECOGNITION MANUALS
- FEDERATION REFERENCE SERIES
- JAYNZ TECHNICAL MANUALS
- DELTA DYNAMICS SRMs
- OTHER REFERENCE / TECHNICAL MANUALS
I've been a fan of Star Trek since watching the original series on primetime in the 60s.

shades

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 10:03 AM

I do both. When I come across an interesting series that has more seasons already I binge watch the whole lot.
If a series is new I will have to wait a week, unless it's Netflix that dumps it in one go.

The advantage of waiting is that you don't easily notice repetition or stupid patterns that you do notice when binging and then annoy you.

Also, I don't mind waiting a week if a series is good. I do mind having to wait forever between seasons. I sometimes give up on a series when it takes too long, like with GoT.

I've got a number of series that are now either waiting to get renewed or filming the new season, meaning I got to be patient!

I'm a lil irritated that ST Discovery stopped mid season at 7 episodes and the remaining episodes in the season don't start till Feb 10th. I searched about it and found out the episodes are already shot along with multiple episodes for the next season. They were talking about getting ahead due to the Covid restrictions.
What's the strategy in this? Why split the season if the material is already ready? Are they thinking John Q Public wants to take a break mid-season? Are they trying to prevent binging? Do they think we need to anticipate cliff-hangers mid-season?

Then there's the issue with smaller seasons. I've been rewatching ST TOS. The seasons used to be nearly 30 episodes. Now, were lucky if we get 10 episodes in a season and only half of those at regular intervals. Its common for nearly all new series lately.
Before DVR, Before streaming, Before On Demand Episodes were shot 2-3 weeks in advance. The production team had steady work during the season run. Now, they try to shoot everything at once, sometimes parts of multiple episodes at the same time. They get all the acting out of the way then go back and fill in the CGI and graphics. The tactic is actually a jumbled mess which has to be sorted and tweaked before it can be released.

One result of this is social confusion. When production was weekly and episodic the shows reflected changing social attitudes as they happened in society. Now, those reflections are sporadic and mixed up in the episode releases.
This jumbling of current events degrades the quality of the show's anticipation which they try to 'fix' by splitting seasons and making fewer episodes per season.

Then you have focus on the same cookie cutter social values which don't really apply to society's current application.
Merry notes this with
An interesting note is the recent rise and rise of the villain character. I'm currently bingeing on the old "Law & Order SVU". The victim/ Survivor is favored whereas new dramas tend to side with the dark side/ malicious intent. Perhaps a reflection of where we're at as a society?

Television shows have always reflected current social concerns and established social patterns which shape how we look at those things. By focusing on the rise of the villain character The studio is setting the path of social attitudes in its audience. This is a type of 'brainwashing' intended to change social attitudes in John Q Public.
In other words...The Idiot Box influences active social structure. They do this by using cookie cutter drama in every series. The focus on what they want us to think and most people never seem to notice as their value systems are rewritten by strangers.

If you do this, this will happen.
But when it doesn't work out that way in real-life, people think their doing it wrong and stress out about it. This Big Brother Brainwashing effect gets reinforced by all media influence and unless you stop focusing on media you never notice it.

This can easily be summed up when considering the Dr Smith character in the rebooted Lost in Space.
Dr Smith is over-the-top ruthless. Evil in everything she does.
When people watch this they identify with certain traits she displays and apply those traits to the people they know in real life. Then they suddenly stop trusting people they know because the have displayed one or two Dr Smith character flaws.
I call this the Dr Smith Syndrome.

The Dr Smith Syndrome is not just character flaws of the Dr Smith character. It covers any character which influences peoples attitudes about life, both good and bad.
The media is telling us, This is how you should act, This is how you should handle that. This is how you should raise your family. This is how you should treat your co-workers. This is what you should buy, what you should eat, what you should watch.
When you are constantly bombarded with social ques you can't help but fall into that type of thinking. It becomes so common you never notices you are being molded by outside influence.
If you step away from that constant influence, when you see it you see it for what it is and its all around you.
Even the commercials and advertising strategies reinforce media's current influences.

Watching a medical show...you get ads and commercial which try to get you to buy or try new medicines.

Watching a crime drama show...You get ads and commercials for buying home security and insurance. You see ads from lawyers trying to get you to use them to sue people.

This tactic of influence has been growing since the days of radio shows. The practice has been expanding for over a century and they are getting really good at directing social values in the real world.

Problem is, NOW that process is getting jumbled up. Mainly because shows are not focusing on current events but more towards ideology of desired social framework.

To me, a show which pulls me into the story is merely entertainment. The cookie cutter influence tactics push me out of the story.
That's the problem with most current running shows. The influence tactics are in your face and screaming at you. Its no longer subtle.
This tells me how the industry thinks about the average viewer. It also tells me the industry has lost its ability to influence with subtly.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 01/18/22 11:17 PM
relationship nowadays are toxic

Its to be expected when most people expose themselves to toxic stimuli.

There was a time when society in general was open and friendly. People would actually talk with each other and build friendships.

For nearly everyone the phone was at home hanging on a wall and it was used to talk to other people.

Out and about, people paid attention to their surroundings and actually saw the other people around them.

Now, many people have their attention on their phones or are preoccupied with matters of self.
People don't talk to each other much anymore. Always too busy or too afraid of strangers.

This trend bleeds into relationships as well.
People are more focused on themselves and their little worlds.
Take two people who seek justification, put them together and one will feel left out, usually the one who needs that constant acknowledgement or justification.

Its an inbalanced relationship before it even starts. Mainly because people, in general, are more imbalanced solitary. They now find fulfillment thru their phones, media or electronic devices.

Society has become imbalanced, insane and off kilter. Ya can't see it cause you're too close to it but step back and put down that phone and turn off the TV and radio and start looking and paying attention to the world around you and it all reveals itself just how imbalanced society has become.

My gf and I have a balanced relationship because neither one of us are addicted to our phones or the mainstream media. We pay attention to the world around us.

If your relationship is toxic, one or both of you are causing it because you're not paying attention.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 01/18/22 02:37 PM
Personally I prefer oldies but goodies but sometimes I'll check out New Science Fiction shows or Horror Anthology shows.

I recently watched the first season of Foundation.

Far in the future, The Empire is about to face a reckoning unlike anything else it's faced before: several Millenia of chaos has been predicted by the galaxy's leading psycho-historian: Hari Seldon. But can The Empire offset the disaster before it begins?

I dunno, it was difficult for me to get into it.
I read the Foundation books 30-35 years ago and loved them but this show is a mess.
When Season 2 releases I might try a few episodes but I'm not too excited about it.

I also watched the first season of La Brea.

A massive sinkhole mysteriously opens up in Los Angeles, separating part of a family in an unexplainable primeval world, alongside a desperate group of strangers.

I don't mind an fantasy series once in awhile but this show seemed too predictable and typical of an Asylum made movie. Expecting a prehistory survival series what I got was typical society crap and broken people. So much Hollywood drama I wanted to puke!

While the new Lost in Space (glad its over) was kinda watchable, recently I've been streaming episodes of the Original Lost in Space and enjoying that greatly over the new one.

Now that I've watched all the Star Trek Discovery episodes to date, it looks like it might get interesting (unless they go stupid).

Ten years before Kirk, Spock, and the Enterprise, the USS Discovery discovers new worlds and lifeforms as one Starfleet officer learns to understand all things alien.

The plot is misleading. The episodes are now 1,000 years in the future but the characters and look of the technology isn't much different. Plus, how did so many original season characters survive 1,000 years?
The way I see it, this show focuses on the Goddess Michael Burnham. Unrealistic even for a Star Trek show.

I just unzipped the entire (new) Outer Limits show (1995-2001) that starts with Sandkings. Even after all these years and repeated watching I still find it good.

A modern revival of the classic science fiction horror anthology show The Outer Limits (1963). Episodes often have twist-endings and involve aliens. Sometimes, a story from one episode continues in a later episode.

So What are y'all watching/following these days?
Are you streaming, renting or buying?

Do you binge watch seasons or watch as released?

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/17/22 09:50 PM
Tonight I watched...

Olympus Has Fallen (2013)
London Has Fallen (2016)
Angel Has Fallen (2019)
Sniper: Assassin's End (2020)

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/17/22 06:18 PM
Olympus Has Fallen (2013) Gerald Butler, Morgan Freeman & Aaron Eckhart
London Has Fallen (2016) Gerald Butler, Morgan Freeman & Aaron Eckhart
Angel Has Fallen (2019) Gerald Butler & Morgan Freeman

Sniper: Assassin's End (2020) Tom Berenger

Kidnap (2017) Halle Barry

The Hunt (2020) Betty Gilpin & Hillary Swank

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/17/22 08:07 AM
I'm never bored either.
My mind and imagination are extremely active even if my body doesn't want to cooperate.
99% of my life is now 'free time'.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/17/22 08:04 AM
Personally I like my women fresh and natural.
I'm not really attracted to clown face women but a lil makeup is normally okay as long as it isn't the focus.

As for lipstick....don't like it. I don't even like chapstick.
Plus, when things really heat up, perfume is yukky too!
Give me shower fresh and things can get really hot!

Additionally, women who use hairspray also turns me off. I like to feel her soft hair in my fingers and hairspray seems to make it feel like wires.

Deodorant is basic hygene so I keep my mouth away from those areas unless she is shower fresh...

I've no interest in kissing a woman caked with makeup. To me, its a form of hiding. A mask which screams Identity Issues or Bloated Ego.

While I normally wear some facial hair I don't hide behind a beard either. I sometimes shave clean but my gf likes the tickle of my gotee.
When I shave clean I look much younger and it makes her giggle.

We should all try to remember we each hear the beat of a different drummer and its okay to have your own preferences.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 01/12/22 09:24 PM
Tonight I watched....

I Am Mortal (2021)
The Legend of La Llorona (2022)
Run & Gun (2022)
Eternals (2021)

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 01/12/22 08:08 AM
Seems to me you might have better luck if you focus on physical rather than virtual.

Using online dating apps only really works when your search area has a lot of people using that app which fit your preferences.
Being rural and specific lowers your chances on finding someone.
Those you do find are likely to not be who you are looking for.

In our age range, in a limited population area, chances of someone actually meeting your expectations, who is local and available, is slim online.

Not because they don't exist but because they do not use online apps for dating or if they do, they do not use Mingle 2.

Additionally, of those who do, only a few might fill out their profile effectively. You likely pass by matches because their profile is incomplete or doesn't match your expectations exactly.

You can do demographic searches online to figure out the ratio of available candidates in your area. You look for age ranges per household, male to female ratios and median income and use that info to decipher possible match potential.

I believe your best chance for success will be in personally and physically putting yourself out there at various places of interest for your target age group.

You're more likely to find success the old way than online. The grocery store, the gas station or a local club.
Also, don't ignore children and grandchildren's parents who may be available. See if you can get to know them and see if there might be a connection or perhaps they may have a friend looking for someone just like you.

In most cases you must first be a friend to have a meaningful relationship. Many people have problems with online dating because they expect to find love online. Online dating is only meant to break the ice, its up to physical presence to warm the furnace of love.

Stick with what you know.
Good luck...
waving

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 01/11/22 07:54 AM
I am telling you its going to be worth it

Worth what?

We are nearing 8 billion people alive on the planet.

Potatoes are basically the same thing they were 40 years ago but the price has quadrupled.
You could buy 4 cars for what you pay for one now.

Value is declining as the population grows.

Looking from a different angle, competency is also being negatively effected. Quality of service is terrible as more people are forced to take jobs they really don't want to do.

Society is trending towards isolationism. There's very little unity in communities, neighborhoods and families. Electronic devices take the place of human interaction.
The media tells people what to buy, what to eat and how to think. Tells us how to raise our families and what it means to be a citizen.

More people are living together because its easier to get sex and companionship that way. Dedication and commitment towards another requires too much focus and more people want that focus on themselves and their own satisfaction.

70 Years ago getting married didn't have to make sense. People married because they wanted to spend their lives with someone they love.
Now, marriage must make some sense or it isn't done. A money or power play based on self-interest.

Its only going to get worse, not better in coming years. There's still more people being born than dying. World population continues to rise. Isolationism continues to increase. Unity continues to decline.

How is any of this ...worth it?

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/10/22 07:37 PM
Tonight I watched...

10.5 (2004)
10.5 Apocalypse (2006)
Clash of the Titans (2010)
Wrath of the Titans (2012)
Troy (2004)

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/10/22 10:37 AM
what's the relevance of that kind of information?

The relevance is the fact most dating/relationships during prime adulthood have a strong sexual component. Either for reproduction needs or personal stimulation.

Sometimes the entire courtship involves the quest for sex. Nobody chooses to date or meet for a date someone without whom they have at least some sexual attraction to.

People do eventually date co-workers and friends of friends with whom they have built personal friendships but for the most part, when 'looking' for a date with a stranger, there must be some sexual attraction.

That being said, it is bad form to ask about a person's sexual experience until a personal bond of trust is established.

More often than not, men are driven by quest and possess less patience than women. Sexual urges push a man hard for fast fulfillment. Often tact and wisdom are low on the priority list. Respect is often forgotten from the overwhelming urges which drive adult men in their prime.

Sometimes women nearing the end of their fertility stage of life will push for sex with similar gusto. Reproduction is a very strong motivator.

One must also acknowledge all people are unique.
There is no exact rule to the behavior of individuals. Generalizations are merely general.

However, looking at the rest of the animal kingdom, sexual reproduction is a strong motivator. Since humans are part of that animal kingdom, it includes us.

No matter what the subject is, tact, respect and honesty hold high value. Anyone who treats you otherwise violates you as a person. This works both ways...

Make wise choices

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/10/22 10:06 AM
Living on a planet in which money and power do not exist and never existed.
A place where unjustified fear has no meaning and existing is unified.
A world where each person's value is the same as all others.
Most people can't even imagine such a world, but I can.

Its not a new idea, a small section of people tried to do it in the 1960s. While they failed, their failure didn't undervalue the idea.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/06/22 08:03 PM
Tonight I watched...

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004)
BulletProof (1996)
Red Heat (1988)
Unlawful Entry (1992)

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/06/22 08:00 AM
I have enough room for my gf to live with me and in some ways it might be good but....

Having time apart, in our own domain, makes our relationship stronger.

She comes over on weekends and holidays and spends the night. Its wonderful.

Sometimes when she is really missing me during the week she pops in for a few hours.
Sometimes when I'm missing her during the week I give her a call and she comes over for a few hours.

During the week, we talk on the phone for about a half hour per day but not everyday.
We save our conversations for the weekends.
We always have a smile for one another.

Unlike some people, we don't experience irritations in each other. Our time apart refreshes our relationship and our time together has more meaning.

I've had a few live-in girlfriends in my past. After the newness wore off we started to focus on personal habits which started to irritate us and our relationship lost its focus.

Being adults, we both realize we don't need to be joined at the hip. Wisdom and maturity allows us to trust one another while we are apart.
We have no need to police each other or watch each other's every move.

I accept her as she is and she accepts me as I am.
We both know if our feelings change for each other we will honestly and tactfully end our relationship by mutual agreement.

Where living together goes bad is when one or both try to control the other to remake that person into someone they are not. This causes animosity and trust is affected. Jealosy develops and things get worse till one no longer wants to be with the other. One can feel trapped by the other.

Who Wants a relationship like that?

I'm not saying all live-in relationships are bad.
What I'm saying is many live-in relationships are created without wisom and maturity. They require trust and dedication which some people cannot give.
They enter into a situation and find they made the wrong choice but do not know how to fix it. The trap causes a downward spiral in a once strong relationship until it gets to the point neither person wants anything to do with the other.

Many marriages suffer from the same downward spiral. Some marriages last a lifetime in contentment.

Just like marriage, living together requires it be done for the right reasons. If you do it so you can have sex every night, you are probably going to develop problems. If you are full of jealosy, you are probably going to develop problems.

When you try to change someone to be the person you want them to be, you kill the person they are which is what attracted you to them in the first place.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next