Community > Posts By > Tom4Uhere

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 01/26/22 11:45 PM
Yeah Tom I knew there was but I do not watch TV. I watch HBO Max and Peacock TV on my computer.

Me too but I stream online using a browser. Hence the title link so you can too.

Last couple days I watched...

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)

Hitman 1 Agent 47 (2007)
Happy Death Day 2U (2019)

plus, some TV shows (this is a movie thread),a couple episodes of season 1 of The Outer Limts (1995)

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 01/26/22 03:09 PM
Workin on the wiki...

http://movie-monster.fandom.com/wiki/Movie_Monsters_Wiki

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 01/26/22 08:52 AM
Let's see....

Floors

I'm sick of standing on things like floors, the ground and sidewalks.
I refuse!
rant
From now on I want to hover a few inches above them.
Its too painful to stand on stuff anymore. I guess I complain about floors because my feet and legs have been swollen lately.
But still, people build floors and sidewalks with the intention of trapping you to make you stand on them.
I ain't doing it!
mad

Air
I'm so sick of air! Its everywhere. Everyplace I go, everything I do...Air.
I refuse!
It really blows, ya know?
:angry:
People try to tell you air is needed for breathing. Its a scam.
I ain't doing it!

I don't need to see that every time I get to the forums.

The point exactly.
spock
Everytime I load the Recent Posts page all I see is people complaining. My girlfrien left me, my boyfriend cheated, can't find love, too many scammers and on and on and on.
So, why not make a thread that mocks this fact?
Why not focus on complaining outright and examine how pathetic and funny all this complaining is?

I've tried positive focus and most of the time it gets ignored. I post a thread with Complain in it and immediately people start participating.
I find it amusing.
tongue2

This trend of complaining about life and dating at a place where most people would think positivity would be beneficial is insane. Its like people expecting to find a date by writing a profile with all negative info. Seen that too.

Then there's people who complain about complaining. Hahaha.
:wink:
Love it!

Maybe, the intention is not to spread negativity, but to let off steam?

Not really.
Personally, I don't let things build up enough to turn to steam. Not one to let lil things bother me.
Its merely entertainment. And...Its quite comical.
laugh

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 01/25/22 08:36 PM

"Snowpiercer" A post-apocalyptic ice age forces humanity's last survivors aboard a globe-spanning super train divided by an unfair class system.

Did you know there is a TV show too?

Snowpiercer
HD 6.90
Set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, Snowpiercer centers on the remnants of humanity, who inhabit a gigantic, perpetually-moving train that circles the globe. Class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival are questioned in this riveting television adaptation.

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi, Action
Release: 2022-01-24

Production: Studio T, CJ Entertainment, Dog Fish Films
Cast: Iddo Goldberg, Mickey Sumner, Daveed Diggs

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 01/25/22 06:40 AM
I don't really mind rain in general. Not one to rush or cower from it (years of working in it).

I'm not as fond of all day rain as I am a fierce thunderstorm. The harder it rains and storms the more I enjoy it. Love cat 1 & 2 hurricanes too.
Not fond of tornados at all.

Since I spend a lot of time in my home and it has a tin roof, rain is a soothing sound to me. I love it when it rains as I am falling asleep.

As a kid, I played in the rain.
As a man I worked in the rain.
Now, my gf and I like to walk in the rain (sometimes).

Here on the coast, rain is different. It likes to come down in short downpours and in spots.
I've seen it pour at the back of my home but remain dry at the front.

I also see a lot of rainbows. When I first rented this home, as I was making my first move trip, there was a bright rainbow which landed right on my roof as I approached. I stopped the truck and we looked at it for a while, it was so defined. Consequently, this rental has been a pot of gold for me for over 8 years.

When I lived in northern Pennsylvania I loved those big flake snowfalls (frozen rain) during lake effect. Beautiful, especially in the woodlands around my home.

One of the most beautiful sights I adored as a kid was when it rained and froze as clear ice on trees and bushes. Just beautiful.

LOL, but...Black Ice and Slush Puddles while driving is not good, not good at all. I've hit a slush puddle sprayed up from another car that froze a thick sheet of ice on my windshield. Then ya gotta stick yer head out the door so ya don't wreck.
shocked

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 01/25/22 06:17 AM
Ya got something to complain about?
This here is the complaining thread.
A place to just complain about anything you want (keep it civil).

Personally, I don't complain much anymore but its been awhile so what the heck...

Train Horns!
Train crossings not only have flashing lights and bells, many have crossing bars which lower in front of you.

Why is it every train, no matter the time of day must blow that loud horn for each and every crossing?

In my lil town there are no less than 35 crossings within ear shot of my home. Every single train, at any time of day or night blows that horn for each and every crossing. Even after midnight!

Sometimes there are as many as 10 trains overnight. As you can expect, it gets pretty frickin irritating!

Imagine if every car, truck and motorcycle had to blow their horns everytime they passed a crossing in the road.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/24/22 06:24 PM
I'm a cusp

I kinda like The Black Zodiac

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/24/22 08:32 AM
rofl slaphead

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/24/22 08:24 AM
Over the last few days I've been working on my Star Trek collection.

So, while I am gathering stuff for my collection I found some Star Trek shows I had no idea existed and a couple coming soon.

I also found This website which has lots of stuff for a Star Trek collection
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sitemap.htm
shades

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/24/22 08:14 AM
Presenting you the Forever Alone Society where I am recruiting people who have successfully failed in finding a partner for themselves.

Forever Alone Society was my 'club of one' for years but not because 'I successfully failed' but because the women I chose failed me.

Wait...It was me who made the poor choices and when I started choosing wisely I found someone right for me so technically, I was successfully failing.

I do still have my laminated society club card. Mainly because the future is so damn unpredictable.
But, I have it wrapped in bubble wrap beside my last "feeling" and hidden away in a shoe box. That way if it gets stepped on it won't get hurt.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/24/22 07:58 AM

Rawhead Rex (Clive Barkers 1st film)
Return of the Living Dead (don't bother with the sequels)
Hostel 1/2/3
Pretty much anything classic with Vincent Price, Bella Lugosi, Boris Karloff etc.
The "intended" cut of Night Breed (Clive Barker paid to have the film reedited through crowdfunding and it's amazing compared to the regular release)
Midnight Meat Train
Books of Blood
Carrie (original or remakes)
Cujo
Firestarter
I Spit on your Grave
Cemetery Man
Se7en
We need to talk about Kevin
Gummo
American Psycho
Deadgirl
Oldboy
Martyrs
Eraserhead
A Serbian Film (probably the most disturbing in my list)
House of 1000 Corpses
Devils Rejects
3 From Hell
Audition

I could probably go on for days, but I'll leave it there for now.

Pretty much anything from Clive Barker has merit.
The classic stars are certainly worth watching.
I'm on the fence about Stephen King movies. Once you watch a few you have seen anything they made or are gonna make and its the same formula.
Argento, once you get used to his style there are some decent horror flix to see. Audition was good, I like the original Demoni and the Three Mothers Trilogy.

If you're desperate and want something lighter Syfy/Asylum does have a few movies which are better than their normal fare.
House of Bones was watchable. 100 Feet, Dog Soldiers, Living Hell and a few others.

Thir13en Ghosts (2001) was okay because of the concept of the Black Zodiac, the Arcanum & the Ocularis Infernum.

Blood Punch (2014) was pretty funny and I liked the idea of a patch of land which is only cursed if you take a life. I must admit tho, I am partial to Native American horror. Antlers (2021) turned out to be a better than expected Wendigo film.

Blood Vessel (2019) explores the dark and gruesome aspects of Vampirism. It may ve too gross for some people tho.

If you are a superhero type of person, Brightburn (2019) is a dark take on Superman and not stingy with the horror.

Deadtectives (2018) is a fun take on the ghost hunters craze. Not really scary but some pretty good laughs.

Drag Me To Hell (2009) wasn't too bad for a horror movie.

Flowers (2015) is just plain disgusting. The Seasoning House (2012) is disturbing. I'll never watch A Serbian Film (2010) ever again and just reading the title disturbs me because I have a good memory.

Offspring (2009), The Woman (2011) were decent if you like the concept of savage ferel clans roaming the countryside.
The Woman explores twisted values and revenge.

One Eight Seven (1997) explores fear from a victim's point of view. Samuel L. Jackson does a fine job in this slow burn psychological horror.

Pontypool (2008) is an interesting take on the insanity virus concept if the virus were spread by the English language.

Primal Rage: The Legend of Konga (2018), another Native American inspired monster movie is a wonderfully done Bigfoot/Sasquatch type movie based on Oh-Mah restless spirits.

If you like zombies, Re-Kill (2015) was interesting and fun to watch. Army of the Dead (2021) was predictable but fairly well-made. Serpent & The Rainbow (1988) was really good.

Southbound (2015) was a watchable anthology.

Splinter (2008) explores the concept of a monster of a different type.

The Atticus Institute (2015) is one of those 'based on true' type horror movies for people who believe fictional case studies of supernatural phenomenon. I found it fun to watch.

The Cold Equations (1996) is a slow burn science fiction movie which explores the horror of survival when a choice must be made to kill or die. How do you choose when faced with such a choice. Do you kill or do you both die? Many people don't care for this film but for me, it asks the terrifying question of how far you would be willing to go to save your own life?

The Hallow (2015) explores Irish legends and microbiology.

The Lazarus Effect (2015) is like the extreme result of Flatliners.

The Others (2001)... what if you didn't know you were dead? A different take on The Sixth Sense (1999).

The Vatican Tapes (2015) & The Veil (2016) are different takes on religious horror.

US (2019) explores the dark world of hidden duplicates.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 01/24/22 06:34 AM

I think all of the Annabelle movies are one of the scariest one because they were based on a true story and events.

The Warrens weren't as well respected as they appear in the films and pretty much anything they investigated is now suspect. Amityville is a proven hoax, and has been for decades, but was literally their "big case" that brought them into the spotlight. If taking advantage of people's superstition is something to be lauded, then there's base issues with the morals being used to justify it.
The whole Satanist murder ideal, in regards to the Annabelle mythology, is something a writer came up with. There is nothing in the Warrens case files that ever indicated this. There is nothing in the Warrens case files about any issues with Annabelle as portrayed in the films. When you see "based on" in a description, that indicates creative freedom was used to create what appears. That does not denote truth or reality, it denotes the exact opposite. Fiction.

I agree. I did a feature on movies based on the Warrens on my site once for a request. Its all a load of hogwash but...for entertainment purposes the movies are not too bad...compared to some.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 11:35 PM
I think the only difference is I like to watch music videos inbetween episodes and seasons.

A few years ago I sponsored a movie chat at my forum called Rifftown Drive In, LOL evben did some art for the thread...

When we did tv shows I used to add old TV commercials between episodes and movies.
It was fun.

At one point I was adding music videos and youtube concerts too.

My standby videos were Pink Floyd. I would play music till everyone logged on, then I would start the movie or shows.
Sometimes the participants gave positive feedback on the choice of music or we just riffed out on old commercials.

The Terryington guy with the black eye, walking a milefor a camel, even the Pilsbury doughboy and sprout from Green Giant..not to mention Stupid Videos.com
laugh

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 11:22 PM

To me it's just a preference...like some people prefer non-smokers, or people without tattoos.

Some people prefer the same sex, or the opposite sex, or one I used to work with could never date an accountant.

Everyone has preferences.

I don't see a problem with your preferences. They're yours, not mine.
We all listen to the beat of different drummers.
What works for me doesn't have to work for you and vice versa.

I'd caution about your decision tho.
As you get older and older things in life change and value systems accomodate those changes.

I believe its best to try to refrain from saying "Always" and "Never". My dad told me that when I was a kid and its true.

I don't know anything about you which justifies your preference but I really don't need to.
However, If you are still young and viral, the drive to reproduce can get overwhelming.

If you are already a 40 year old virgin I can see how your preferences might hold.
If you've never tasted a chocolate bar you will have less need to try it, the older you get but as you get older you might start to wonder if you were missing something really good just because you don't like the paper its wrapped in.

But...to each their own. As long as YOU don't have a problem with it, go for it, stay a virgin.
Just don't delude yourself that anyone else is a 40 year old virgin too, Especially on a Free social/dating website.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 11:04 PM
If you are on a PC, it might have something to do with your Cortana settings or Ease of Access settings.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 11:03 PM
I once drove from Virginia Beach, VA to Atlanta, Georgia for a milkshake and cheeseburger.

It wasn't about the food it was a fun drive with people I enjoyed being with.

One of my favorite road trips was when the kids were lil we all went on a Christmas road trip looking at lights and decorations.
We ended up at
Way of Lights - National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows

http://snows.org/events-2/way-of-lights/
Directions to the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows
442 S. DeMazenod Dr., Belleville, IL 62223
(Located on IL State Highway 15 east)

We all rode the horse drawn carriage and the kids took a camel ride. Utterly beautiful.
surprised

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 10:51 PM
None of the women here, are desperate
enough to wanna see your dick.

:thumbsup: rofl :laughing:

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 10:50 PM
I'm disabled and Can't work.
Consequently, my life is full of little things I like to do.
I seldomly find myself needing to do anything.

I enjoy reading. I read the internet... I've read it twice...LOL

Sometimes what I read inspires my imagination and I like to just sit or lay comfortable and let my imagination flow.

I watch a lot of movies. I have a lot of movies to watch, I collect them.

I like researching how the effects are done in movies. I like reading about upcoming movies and collect trivia and pictures about them.

I like making lists.

I like reorganizing stuff. One of my co-workers once told me I have the cleanest most organized tool box they have ever seen, LOL.

I like just sitting and talking or joking with my gf or my kids and grandkids.

When my health was better, I used to take road trips just to 'look' at the world. Now driving my truck beats the hell out of me so I don't go places much anymore.

I like collecting movies, music and art.
Unlike most people I know, I put my collections in electronic form.
Tweaking my databases and files also entertains me.

I work on a few other forum communities and recently I started doing some wiki editing on a monster wiki. I just love monsters, I like the designs and collect pictures of them.

I also like starship designs. Collecting blueprints and artwork. Reading datasheets and comparing sizes shapes and functions.

I like to make desserts and do some cooking.
I read up on recipes and techniques for the kitchen. I collect kitchen gadgets and Get creative in the different ways to use them.
People who try my dishes usually like them...a lot.

Recently I've been scanning my important documents into the computer. Not only do I now have an electronic version I can email I have the ability to print them again if I need to. I even scanned my driver license and medical cards. I keep them on an external harddrive. This way, even if my computer fails I still have the data.
I don't upload personal stuff to the cloud tho.
Not stupid.

I talk face to face with my neighbors. we exchange recipes and dishes we make. We talk about the weather or discuss current events. I believe we get along better because we actually talk with each other. We know each other.

I also enjoy going on cleaning binges. Hell, I've went as far as cleaning the light bulbs and fixtures. Hahaha...I know...I'm weird.

I'm not really an obsessive compulsion nut but I am compulsive about some things. Mostly having to do with being organized. Funny thing is, I'm not one to force others to do it. I tend to accept people as they are.

So there ya go, I enjoy many little things.
:wink:

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 10:21 PM
SEX...is how animals reproduce. (yes, we are animals (certainly not plants)

Human beings possess intelligence and culture. We are social animals and we build our 'world' around our social culture.

Part of this social culture is love for one another and love for our mate greater than our love for others.

Most people in their prime adulthood are driven by a need to reproduce. We date, marry and build our families with love as a guiding principle to our reproduction needs.

From the animal nature of the human being, love is not necessary for sex or the reproduction of our species.

From the society standpoint of being a person who values love, many people link love and sex together. Its a societal baseline we adopted as social creatures.

Thru ones life there are many reasons why we no longer have a drive to reproduce. This doesn't mean we never want sex anymore. Sex feels good.
Its supposed to.

So, sex is part of love and love is part of sex for the most part but there are circumstances when those two values do not combine and that's normal as well.

You can love someone but not desire sex with them.
You can have sex with someone but never form a loving bond with them.

Many marriages end because the love bond fades away but they also end when the sex is no longer pleasing with that person.

Many things in life affect our libidos. Stress, Rx drugs, health, hygiene, lifestyles and age.

Once you have reproduced to fill your needs, sex is a pleasurable activity many people continue to do. When you or you partner are no longer trying to fulfill an imperative or animalistic need to reproduce sometimes one might want to end the relationship to have sex as pleasure only. Sadly, many people don't do this right and hurt the ones who love ya. It can get pretty bad.

If you gotta have sex with someone else, be an adult and end the relationship without hurting the other. If you play games with the heart, bad things happen.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 01/20/22 09:52 PM
Edited by Tom4Uhere on Thu 01/20/22 09:58 PM
Back in high school I took all the art electives I could (was considering being an advertising artist).

We did leather carving artwork which was fun (except when I was stoned and cut my fingers instead).

You take a thick piece of leather and use sharp tools to carve out designs in the top layer.

Here are a few examples from the web. (mine were never THAT good!)

Some of the tools you will want look like this...

or you could go all out and get something like...

You can make customised works as gifts or apparel accents

There's many books and tips/tricks on the web too...

You can even download and print off patterns till you learn how to make your own designs...

If you have seamstress ability you can carve panels to sew into your favorite clothes.

Like leather patches for a jean jacket or front accent panels on a vest.

I know I found it fun when I was doing it.