Community > Posts By > ciretom

no photo
Tue 03/17/20 01:12 PM
when you find out your wife has been cheating for many many years what do you do?

Contact a lawyer and a doctor.
See what a divorce will cost in the immediate, short, and long term.
And get tested for potential STD's.
Possibly get DNA tests on any kids to see if they're really mine.

is it wrong?

Attempting to maintain a facade, manipulating the opinion of others ("for the family/children!"), for the sake of selfish gratification?

Yes.

no photo
Sat 03/14/20 04:47 PM
my philosophy about stress is a simplistic approach in that DONT STRESS ABOUT WHAT YOU CANT CHANGE AND IF YOU CAN CHANGE IT WHY STRESS

"Stress" can lead someone to a false perception of what can/can't be changed.

How exactly and specifically do you manage to absolutely differentiate between the things you can/can't change?

How exactly and specifically do you value or differentiate or determine that which you can't change, and that which you don't want to, and how you deal with the things you don't want to but "could" (especially if there was less "stress" keeping you from wanting to put forth that effort?).

As well as identifying the lines between what would require more effort than you've put forth in the past vs. what you are actually capable of, not to mention figuring out what you can accomplish on your own and what you might need help with. Also, if you can change something but it might require some help, how do you accurately determine another persons willingness and/or capabilities to help you?

Basically, this seems to be:
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference"

So...your philosophy is based on what? How deep is the well of your serenity? From what does your courage stem? What wisdom do you actually have?

no photo
Sat 03/14/20 10:03 AM
why only one in billions became soulmate

Who said there was only one, or one potentially?
Who said soul mates actually existed?
Is there some sort of soul owners manual?

Why do leprechauns only have one pot of gold and love marshmallows?

no photo
Thu 03/12/20 06:35 PM
So, you are a menu..what is on it?

Beef.

What are your specialties/a la carte items?

Cake.

Is your price right?

If you have the right budget.

Is it appealing?

Like a monkey with a banana.

Smell good?

Ambrosiacal.

no photo
Tue 03/10/20 11:24 AM
Is it really?

Sure.
Not going to happen online though.
And there's no guarantee it will be reciprocated, or that a relationship will work out or last very long.

no photo
Tue 03/10/20 11:02 AM
being virgin at 20,can u have health problems

Yes.
It's common knowledge in medical practice: "if you don't use it, you'll lose it."

Related, during the time of oceanic exploration it was common for sailors to be
trapped alone on deserted islands after a shipwreck. They'd go so long without talking their mouths would seal shut. That's how Darwin realized why human beings had noses and mouths. Redundancy to make sure an organism can always breathe.

There's a reason why vibrating marital aids are sold in "health and beauty on Amazon.

.it is said sex is healthy,which means if u are not having sex then ure missing out in terms of health

That's right, you are. Because there are no alternatives offering aerobic exercise, weight training, or emotional triggering.

no photo
Tue 03/10/20 10:53 AM
Vodka is evil

Yes it is.
Pure distilled evil.

Vodka is made from potatoes.

From the latin word "po'adom'area'mono'toe."
Which, loosely translated, means "hung devils tuber."

Potatoes have eyes.
Vodka is clear.
The better to see your sins.
Sinner.

no photo
Mon 03/09/20 12:18 AM
Are you one of these people who would love to climb Mt Everest and be on top of the world, literally?

No.
I'd rather learn to fly helicopters.

no photo
Mon 03/09/20 12:16 AM
I think men have it way easier in life than women. What do u think?

For the sake of argument let's say that's true.
...So?
What are you going to do about it?
Is there something you can do?
Or do you expect others to do it for you?
Or can nothing be done?

i have got enough of standards they set for women. Im sick of those men who takes advantage of women, women are sacrificing too much for men and the whole family

Unless looking for another woman, I think it's ironic to be on a dating site.

no photo
Fri 03/06/20 07:24 AM
What make's it real the person to you?

Spending more time directly interacting rather than through impersonal means of communication, with a lot of communication and consistent behavior.

How do you know when the person you are falling for is real about you and how can you make them see that your love is real?

Depends on from what perspective you're asking from.

I mean there's going to be different answers depending on your situation.

Like "I've been talking to someone online for a full month, everyday! I'm falling for them, how do I make them see my love is real, and how do I know they're real about me?!"

Vs. "We've been best friends since kindergarten and I think we should take it to the next level. How do I communicate my romantic love for them, how do I know they really feel the same way?"

vs. "We've been FWB for a while. I'm catching feelings. How can I make them see I'm falling for them and my love is real, and how do I tell that they feel the same way?"

If all you're asking is "what's a step by step instruction manual where I can skip most of it and just pick one specific thing to look for that can be applied to people and relationships universally where I'll 'know' I'm in love, and I'm guaranteed a perfect level of healthy communication?"
Then you're SOL.

I mean take this: (randomly pulled from the internet) "showing there love in doing things for you that you didnt ask for them to do. Like helping in cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids while you have time for yourself "

There's no guarantee that is actually showing you love.
There are "players" and "nice guys/gals" that exhibit behaviors for the sake of earning "brownie" or "entitlement" points.
"I've cooked for you, I've cleaned for you, I've helped with your kids, now it's my turn," or, "you should do (x) for me, it's only fair! I did all this for you!"

no photo
Thu 03/05/20 02:25 PM
lets post nonsense topic to chat

...That's what all these are for?

no photo
Thu 03/05/20 02:24 PM
Who loves adventure?

Depends on the adventure.

"Hey, let's go on a road trip this weekend. Just pick a random direction and see what's out there! Be back Sunday night."
Yes. Love that adventure.

"Hey! Let's peek in the windows of this gang crackhouse!"
Don't love that adventure.

I like some unplanned adventures too.
"Hey, we need you to drop everything and fly out this afternoon to spend the next 6 days in our BFE office."
Love that.

"Hi! I know it's 2 in the morning, but we randomly found you fit the general profile of a mass dog rapist and murderer. We're going to go ahead and arrest you. First time in jail? It's an adventure! Plus, some guy named Morpheus is going to try and break you out and give you a red pill. As you escape we'll be doing our best to kill you."
Don't like that adventure too much.

no photo
Thu 03/05/20 09:10 AM
With Biden likely to win the DNC nomination what do you think will happen during the Presidential Debates?

I think Biden, as a career politician, will be overconfident, full of hubris.
I think Trump will respond in his rambling and semi coherent off the cuff manner.
I think it ultimately won't matter.

I'm voting for the corona virus.

Yet, Biden running is the Biden Deception. It's like the Indian tiger. When it appears to attack it runs away; and when it appears to run away, it attacks.

With Biden, I think when he runs away and attacks, he thinks he's holding his ground.
And when he attacks and is running away he thinks he's grabbing some kids crotch for a photo opportunity.

no photo
Thu 03/05/20 08:44 AM
has anyone experienced a flirty co worker

Only once.

I was hired as a diver working with mine seeking dolphins at the time.

We'd be going down 50 feet and I'd get the obvious "eeeh, eek, eeeee."
And it would just keep going the entire time.

I guess they went a little too far with another diver. Saw them at Costco a couple months after. Cart full of vodka and toilet paper, wasn't taking care of themselves.
Still flirty, but think it became a desperate flirtation.

no photo
Wed 03/04/20 09:39 AM
Would you go?

How much are they going to pay me?
Who is in charge? Who is my boss?
What exactly are my duties?
I mean it's one thing if it's all "we need you to solve this mystery room puzzle box to unlock the secrets of the universe," vs., "based on TSA airport scans, your arms are the exact dimensions we need to unclog the alien toilet. The alien that everyone has met via tv interview is a nice guy, but he just keeps clogging his toilet."

How deep under the ocean?
How safe is it? I mean is the "special skill" they need just "we're going to throw people at this door until it opens, it's killed the last 9,986,993, in some horrific and painful ways, now it's your turn!" Or "hey, we're got this cage we're going to put you in and dangle you in front of the alien while we swim behind them and steal their ship! I think we worked out the kinks in the cage this time!"

If you're talking about "The Sphere" or "The Abyss" with the big rig and support system and teams in place, big pay, then yes.

If you're referring to "The Abyss" where the lone guy gets put in a space suit and has to breath liquid while falling into a trench to his inevitable but maybe not death, then no.

no photo
Tue 03/03/20 07:25 PM
What would you do if this happened to you?

Most likely I'd be captured by the government and studied to try and determine how to time travel as a means of relieving overpopulation.

When you put in something like this "people are recycled because of overcrowding when they reach 60" you have to realize you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot.
How do they track, measure, find people?
Not to mention resource allocation?

It would have to be tightly controlled and monitored. That means extremely powerful government control and a lot of restrictions.

Plus, if the problem is overpopulation...there'd be no real freedom.
Where could I go?
You think if people tolerated a government run ageist recycling program of their family members the decision would have been "Hmmm, national parks and open spaces? Or let people expand where necessary? Screw it, kill me and my family because there are too many people, but keep the travel option!"

If "overpopulation" is such a factor that it requires recycling of anyone over 60, and that is accepted, then you may get everything you want...but it's going to be delivered to you in your small, confined, cell.

Not to mention, where would you find "love?"
You don't think with overpopulation would come strict controls on sex and dating that may lead to procreation? Good luck finding "love."

Plus there's the question from the other thread "would you go back?"
If you go back, you might be giving the dystopian government clues on how to travel in time.
Possibly contributing to some kind of "time wars" where future generations are pissed at previous ones for what they've done.
Or used as a dumping program.
If I choose to go back, I might then have to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life to see if that future time's cops try to come get me for something.

Your love in the future accepts this as the norm

Similar to the other question, any time spent in this fantasy ego stroking, you aren't finding "love," you are finding escapism from the horror that has become your life.

no photo
Tue 03/03/20 10:44 AM
What is important to you?

Freedom, purpose, clarity, and understanding, among many things.

What is important to you?; What you want or what you need?

What is important to me; what I want or what I need?
Um...both?

Are you trying to ask "what is more important to you; what you subjectively desire, or what someone else (or groups) objectively defines as your needs?"

Then I'd say my subjective desire is more important to me than someone else defining what I need?

I might interpret the question as "what is more important what you subjectively want or what you objectively define you need?" but that would be a silly question.

no photo
Tue 03/03/20 10:38 AM
Ok, so he/she, your friend has bad breath, how do you tell them?
Or do you not? Do you avoid them like the plague or suffer?

Kinda depends on a lot of things.

We've already established a "friendship" in your scenario.
So is this a new thing? Just this day?
What are we doing?

I mean did they get in my car and they were all "omg. I just woke up, I haven't bathed or brushed my teeth since two days ago," and that's been kinda normal for them over the course of our "friendship?"
Are we spending all day in an enclosed space and it's so bad I can smell it while they're 4 ft away from me?

Or are we building a shed in the backyard, and for one particular roof joist their face happened to be within an inch of mine trying to hold parts together and I barely catch a whiff, but it's just going to be that one time our faces are that close?

Or are we getting ready to go out and we're dressed up, interacting with others in a professional or some meaningful way, where we're both worried about body odor and breath?

I might say nothing, just offer them some gum.
I might say "oh god, you're breath, get away from me with that. What did you eat for breakfast, coffee and ***? Don't breathe out in my direction."
I might say nothing and just ignore it.
I might avoid them and say they need to go back in and try again.

Halitosis... your friend has bad breath

If they're my "friend" and they have halitosis, then I've already told them they have bad breath early on in the development of our relationship. Either they breached it telling me they have some sort of medical condition, or I've told them.

After that it's just mitigating it.

If it's something new, they need to be told. Could be a sign of heart disease.

no photo
Mon 03/02/20 07:20 PM
What would you do if this happened to you?..accidentally ended up in the 18th century.

Freak the 'f out and probably end up committing suicide. Especially in the time where I believe I will never go home. Possibly going insane trying to decide on whether or not to have hope for rescue/return, to accept what's going on, trying to come up with some idea of "how" it all happened and what it means.

Have you read anything on modern day expatriates and the difficulties they have just going to live in a foreign country, sometimes just for a short amount of time (for work, as opposed to, say, retiring somewhere permanently)?

How about mental health issues with astronauts. You ever hear of Lisa Nowak?

That's changing culture in the same time with everything still there and accessible, just not convenient.

I invite you to really think about this.

I don't believe you're actually asking people to "think."
You're simply asking them to fantasize, romanticize, and emotionally masturbate in delusion land.

Might as well ask "really think about it. What if you woke up as a frog (and in the meantime just got used to it, except for no more bras or driving), fell in love with a monkey, found a way to turn yourself back into a human, would you stay a frog or go back to human?"

Other than that:
"The biggest thing in this story is: you fall in love with someone there."
Basically against your will you're thrown into an extremely stressful situation that you have absolutely no control over.
The people you are going to go after are those that are going to validate/live up to your preconceived ideas of how they "should" or how you think they "should."

You aren't finding "love."
You're struggling to establish a basic emotional and cultural rosetta stone and support system in a disjointed reality that you can control and keep consistent.

The only way you could really find "love" is if you've already made the decision to stay and integrate.

no photo
Sun 03/01/20 04:43 PM
Can trust be built in a day

Trust isn't an absolute; on or off, there or not.

So it depends on what kind of "trust" you're asking for.

Huge difference between "I trust you. Of course I'll let you stay alone with my child for a month," and, "I trust he'll call me when he said he will."