Community > Posts By > Nyteflame

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 09/27/09 10:00 PM
Reading does Not help me fall asleep. I'v been known to still be reading at 3AM. Of course, that might be my choice of material. My Psych Textbook put me to sleep (literally) once. If I still had it, I would let you borrow it.

When I can't sleep, I daydream. Close your eyes, let yourself relax, and let your imagination take over.

I have ADD. If I don't do something at night to occupy my mind, it keeps running a mile a minute, analyzing everything from the day, worrying about things that might happen tomorrow, ect. So I tell it stories to shut it up.

Of course, if your imagination is vivid enough, you could up daydreaming up nightmares for yourself...so keep your thoughts positive!

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 09/27/09 09:51 PM
One of my best friends is a guy.
We dated for a while back in High school. We went our separate ways for a while, and found our way back to being friends. Our friendship is stronger then it was before we dated...its stronger then when we dated, I think.

Can a guy be a friend if there's any attraction? Absolutely. He's very good for my ego. He has no trouble letting me know he's attracted to me, without being overbearing about it. We both know nothing will come of it. Neither of us want to ruin what we have.

So yeah, he's more then capable of being friends despite attraction.

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/14/09 09:04 AM

Kookaburra sits in the old gum treeee
Merry, merry king of the bush is he
Laugh, Kookaburra! Laugh, Kookaburra!
Gay your life must beeeeeeeeee

Hmm...I learned that one as "Eating all the gum drops he can see" and "Leave some left for me" for the second and fourth lines.

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/14/09 08:57 AM
Women aren't built for NSA relationships. Studies show that when a woman has good sex with someone, her body releases the same chemicals that it does when she breastfeeds a baby. These chemicals cause her to feel a bond towards her partner.

Nyteflame's photo
Sat 09/12/09 08:58 AM
Birds don't go "boom" if fed rice, but rice has other hazards. Here's the snopes.com article: http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/birdrice.asp

Nyteflame's photo
Sat 09/12/09 08:16 AM
Your soul mate is the one person you understand, and who understand you the deepest. It's the person you end up finishing sentences for. It's when you never question their motives, never wonder WHY they do something, because you know them so well, that it's not a mystery for you.
Your soul mate is the person whose happiness means the most to you.You can't be happy if they are not. You can't bear to hurt them, because doing so would hurt you. They are your other half, they fill an empty spot in your heart...

Nyteflame's photo
Fri 09/11/09 06:47 PM
Your work in gray scale is breathtaking.

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/07/09 09:36 PM

An eternal November..........Dude, thats really depressing.

"An Eternal November"...wow, that sounds like the title for a GREAT book.

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/07/09 11:16 AM
Does my profile need anything besides more pictures?

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/07/09 11:04 AM
Werewolf, providing they actually shift into something that looks like a wolf, and retain their ability to think and reason (And, you know, don't have a particular need to eat humans...)

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/07/09 10:56 AM

Not "laughing" at the decision, but rather the manner it which he reached it.

Why? Whether it's really God, or just his subconscious telling him something he already knows, why does it matter? The point is (and it's a good one) there is way to much that goes along with pre-marital sex. It's almost always a bad idea. His decision is a good one. Who cares how he reached it?

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/07/09 09:54 AM

How many times can a person fall in love

Indefinite, you can fall in love as many times as you allow yourself to. Love is about caring for another person so much that you want them to be happy as much as possible, and you want yourself to part of the reason for the happiness. Therefor: You love your mate, and try to make him or her happy. You love your friends, your family, ext. If you want to do things to make them happy, you are feeling love for them. Love isn't necessarily Passion. I love my ex-boyfriend a great deal. I would walk through fire for him. That doesn't mean I wanna sleep with him, or want to marry him. It just means I love him. When I eventually find my mate, I'm not going to love Ted any less. Love isn't like a container, where you can only fit a finite number of people. It grows and changes as you do.

how does one fall out of love,

I suppose you might stop caring for him/her. You stop worrying about weather they are happy, or if something you are going to do will please them. You no longer think about them when you see something that would make them smile...I guess at that point, you no longer love them.

is love a feeling shared between 2 people, or is love something that manifest over a period of time,

These statements are not mutually exclusive. You can love someone without them reciprocating that feeling. This happens all the time. And yes, it can manifest over a period of time, rather then being instant. It should take time to grow. Giving up a part of your heart to someone, whether friend, mate, or family, is not a decision easily made. A lot of us fight it. We ask ourselves why we care what the other person thinks, why does it matter to us....if your answer is "because it will make him/her smile" then you probably love them.

how many of us mistake being in lust or infatuation as love.

A lot of people make this mistake. Lust is not love. It can certainly accompany love. But if all you feel for the person is a wish to take them to bed, then you don't love them. I guess whether or not infatuation is love, depends on exactly what you do with that feeling. Just wanting to gaze at them adoringly forever is not exactly love.

here is someone you were meant to be with, what does it mean when you miss your opportunity to be with that person.

If you were truly meant to be with them, then you wont have missed your opportunity. The opportunity to patch things exists for as long as you are meant to be together. Remember, sometimes we are only meant to be with someone for a short time. Their purpose in our lives is to act as a catalyst, to move us towards that ONE. Just because they weren't our ONE, doesn't mean we didn't or don't still love them...it just means that a deeper love still waits out there for us.

the years since our breakup I known some wonderful woman, some I even had long term relationships with, but the intense feelings I shared with my finance I have never experienced with another woman.

At the close of our relationship my fiance said she still loved me and always would care for me, but she was no longer in love with me, for a long period of time we had remained close friends until we just sort of drifted apart it has been 8 yrs since I have seen her but time to time I will still think about our time together but it no longer makes me sad as I always think of the best parts of our relaionship which make me smile a little.

It is good that you have been able to move on. Keep looking. The right person is out there for you. She might have been close, but it doesn't look to me like she was it. When you feel similar to the way you felt with her, you will know you are closer to what you are looking for. Her purpose in your life was to give you a way to gauge your feelings for people. It's ok to still love her, but if she doesn't reciprocate that love in the way she would need to for a relationship, then you need to look elsewhere. When you find the right person, they will feel the same way about you.

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/07/09 09:27 AM
Derek,
It seems odd that so many people would laugh at this decision of yours. I for one think you went the right way. Congratulations on learning to Listen :)

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/07/09 09:08 AM
Wow...that's an impressive girl's weekend out!

I haven't been to Orange Beach. I've been near there though, at Newport Beach. I would like to go back, but none of my friends enjoy the beach.

I'm not much for sunbathing, but I love sand castles, and beach combing, and going out to the deepest point in the ocean where you can still barley touch the sand, and letting the waves move you.

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/07/09 09:00 AM

It sounds good but I think people would stampede these places in a true diaster, all would be chaos in the world.

This is beginning to sound like a Zombie Apocalypse Guide....

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/07/09 08:41 AM
Found this page of one of my favorite web comics. I was amused that it was so appropriate to our conversation:
http://www.twolumps.net/d/20090907.html

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 09/07/09 12:06 AM

How might one know if they really do "Love" a person, or they "Love" the person from habbit?

Robert Heinlein said that "Love is that condition when another person's happiness is essential to your own."

I think that's a pretty good definition for all species of love. If you stop caring about that person's happiness, then you probably don't love them anymore.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 09/06/09 11:55 PM

such a Fowl Creature...

Your mother's a chicken?

In all seriousness: I usually make lists of only the stuff I really need (Toilet paper, cleaners, paper towels and tampons aren't really impulse buys!) Other then that, I don't write anything more specific then "dinner" "lunch" or "breakfast", unless I have a specific recipe in mind or am on a really tight budget. For me, this means that I have less to forget, and I actually like taking my time and looking for new or different products. Shopping with a list seems to stand in the way of being creative in the kitchen.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 09/06/09 11:43 PM
Edited by Nyteflame on Sun 09/06/09 11:46 PM
A well stocked fallout shelter with about 50 years worth of food, fuel and oxygen stocked. That should do it... The cloud of dust should have settled enough to get some light back after 50 years...

Some interesting info about what would happen after a large meteor impact (firestorms, yikes!) http://www.beautifulmeteorites.com/What+Would+Happen+if+a+Large+Meteor+Hit+the+Earth+Today%3F.26186.htm

Actually, according to http://www.armageddononline.org/asteroid.php, The resulting dust cloud may only last "several months" (it was referring to the meteor that hit the Yucatan about 65 million years ago), so you would really only need the fall out shelter for a couple of years...just enough to let the plants re-establish themselves.

Of course, all of that is dependent on surviving the initial impact (we would have to be prepared for it, and already in our shelters), and having some kind of plan to get plants going again, if the dust clouds were enough to completely wipe out ALL vegetation (Perhaps we could preserve food plants at least in hydroponic gardens underground?)

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 09/06/09 11:27 PM

Love the purple elephant!

And no, I have no interest in hallucinating. I was just asking because I had read about it.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 16 17