Community > Posts By > Nyteflame

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 05:56 PM
You wont catch someone who is not interested in you sneaking glances from across the room.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 05:52 PM
What is with you and the faces Pat?
I really don't know how to interpret them. First you give me an eyebrow, and now this....

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 05:50 PM
Edited by Nyteflame on Sun 03/08/09 05:53 PM
I just started spending time on the forums today, so even though I have been on Mingle for a while, I have never asked anyone about my profile.
What do you think?

Oh yeah, before you say it, I know I should have more photos. I'll get to that...eventually. I just don't have much that is recent, and can't manage a decent photo of myself, by myself.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 05:48 PM
Ok, I'm an English Teacher, so you can take this for whatever you think it is worth.

It looks like your profile has some good information in it, but I'm not really sure. You see, it's hard to read. You have a lot of very short, very choppy incomplete sentences, and you don't press the space key after your periods. This makes everything run together, and makes it more of an effort to read.

In my opinion, you will be more likely to have people slow down and take the time to read about you if you make those changes.

Also a little bit of white space is much easier on the eyes. Break your blurb up into a couple of short paragraphs, with a line break between them, and it will also make things easier to read. We tend to use white space to help guide our eyes across the screen. If it's not there, it's easy to loose your spot.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 05:38 PM
I think your profile is great. There is lots of good information, and it really shows your personality.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 05:30 PM

gripes, complaints, suggestions, etc....

Two things strike me:
1. You aren't smiling in your photo. You actually look a bit grumpy.
2. Your bio says a lot of useful things, but doesn't show much personality. With a screen name like "Jester" there has to be more to you then just that frown in your picture.

:)

That said, you sound honest, and your glasses look good on you.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 04:27 PM
I dated someone my folks didn't like. It didn't work out, of course not because my folks didn't like him, but because of other things), but we are still good friends. My dad practicably growls whenever I mention him, and when I told my Brother that I sent the guy a Christmas present (nothing much, some cookies and things), my bro hung up on me!

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 04:11 PM

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

-- Robert Frost

Love that poem.

I say Whimper.

Unless of course someone does decide to put an Interstellar Highway through...the demolition for that would probably definitely cause a Bang.

Humanity doesn't really have the ability to destroy the world. Life as we know it? Yes, certainly, we might knock that out, but the planet will still be here, and somewhere, under the layers of dust and ashes, something will survive, and life will start over.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 04:02 PM
Candles or Essential oils in a warmer for me.

In a pinch, a sauce pan of water with cinnamon and other spices, to simmer on the stove.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 03:45 PM
oh, I enjoyed that. Very Nice.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 03:40 PM
I love getting and giving hugs.
Kisses are good of course, but you are more limited on the people you can share them with. My best friends, both male and female, and of course my family all get hugs.

Hugs are comforting, and supportive. They remind your subconscious that you are not alone, that someone else is there to lend you their strength if you really need it.

I am a bit of a touchy-feely person. I'm a back rubber, a shoulder squeezer, and a side poker. I'll tickle your feet if you leave them bare and vulnerable. I'll even pat you on the head, if I think you are being silly and trying to get attention. So I suppose it isn't surprising that I enjoy hugs so much.

Of course, I don't generally hug random people. I let them get to know me first. I try very hard to avoid offending people, and if that means staying out of their "bubble" that's fine by me.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 03:15 PM
My Ex and I get along fabulously. And no, I wouldn't have to watch what I say if he was here. He already knows more about me then anyone else. And, as a bonus, he is not the jealous type, at least not with me.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 02:57 PM
"Processed Cheese Food Product" does have it's place, but I wouldn't go as far as calling real cheese "wimpy".

Personally, I prefer real cheese on my burger, but use good old American cheese for toasted/grilled cheese sandwiches.

I probably shouldn't even do that. Anything that has to label itself a "processed food product" probably isn't as good for me as I would like to think....

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 02:50 PM
Well, I tried Souse once...I was taking a gormet foods class in high school, and the teacher gave me extra credit for trying it. It was pretty scary stuff. It's a Pennsylvania Dutch thing, I think.

Besides that *shrug* I haven't had much opportunity, but if you are paying, and it's something that I know people eat reasonably frequently, then I will at least try it.

My Munchkins (I teach Middle School) just had a "Food Fear Factor" charity drive to raise money for the United way. They were served two kinds of pickled eggs (red beet eggs and buffalo eggs), two kinds of oysters (smoked and not), pickled pigs feet, some kind of jarred fish in a cloudy liquid (don't remember what it was called), and prickly pear cactus leaves (those came from a jar too, they are sliced up and look like green beans. I am told they taste like green beans and have a texture like okra). It was all quite edible of course, but it freaked most of the kids out pretty well.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 02:37 PM
Vegetable Beef and Rice soup with meatballs.

This was a "clean out the freezer" soup, and I will be eating it for days, since I made it in my big crock pot, and it's just me in the house.

5-7 cups of water
Equal number of teaspoons of Better then Bullion (Beef)
One big bag of mixed veggies
One jar or can of sliced mushroooms
3 cans of diced or stewed tomatoes. (I used Rotell, its turned out a bit on the spicy side)
15 frozen meatballs.
2/3 cup of brown rice

Throw it all in the crock pot and let it cook on low if you want it for tomorrow (6-8 hours), or high if you want it tonight (3-5 hours).

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 03/08/09 02:01 PM
I have had a profile on Mingle2 for a few months, but never quite got around to introducing myself. Hi! How are you?
I hope to spend a little more time on here, maybe get to know someone. Living in the middle of a desert has turned out to be a bit lonely, even if it is beautiful. The town is very small, and since I don't really do bars, don't have my eye on anyone at work, and all the guys at Church are either older or taken, my options have shown themselves to be limited.

My interests are pretty varied. I read sci-fi and fantasy, play online MMORPGs (Currently playing Perfect World), surf the net, am addicted to the StumbleUpon extension in Firefox, enjoy cooking and baking, and, despite the fact that I am an English teacher, know better then to correct most people's grammar on internet forums. I write a little poetry, do a little artwork (very little of both, but enough to make it worth mentioning.) I used to enjoy hiking, camping and going the Ren Faire in Pennsylvania, and though the opportunity hasn't presented itself much out here, I would like to get back into all of that at some point.

The one thing I don't do is watch TV, but that's just because I find my computer to be more interesting.

I don't know what else anyone would want to know about me, but if you are curious, just ask.

And yes, I did write the poem on my profile page, though I should probably consider following Heinlein's rule about writing: “Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”

Nyteflame's photo
Tue 10/28/08 08:53 PM
A good cup-a tea, any flavor (i prefer herbal, white or black, will have green in a pinch, with the right mix-ins).

For me, tea has this soothing quality, especially when you aren't feeling well (physically or emotionally), and you hold the warm mug close to you, and just absorb the heat and the steam and the scent.

Nyteflame's photo
Tue 10/28/08 08:48 PM

in my town it auctually went down quite a bit i was surprised
Indy has it for $1.99 a galloon in some placesbigsmile

Wow! We are still over three here in CA.

Nyteflame's photo
Tue 10/28/08 08:38 PM
"Take the road less traveled, but don't get lost"

Nyteflame's photo
Tue 10/28/08 08:29 PM
It was still in the 80s here today.

Knew there was a reason I moved to the desert. *Does a happy "I don't have to get ready to shovel snow this year" dance*