Community > Posts By > Richard

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/08/22 01:31 PM

I look at food as an international language we all speak. it brings peoples together, a traveler may share a meal at their fire to introduce their good will, while traveling through new lands. the language may not be known. but the gesture is, reaching out then slowly lowering it to the food. offering to them sit and eat.
yes through tess I was accepted into the community. and we shared many meals. they liked that I knew many dishes they did not know, as I learned some of theirs.
I was verry upset when we had to move on.I thought about staying but I was only 16 at the time.

Hi Richard,i forgot to come back and reply on this after i read and left for work that day.

Yeah i believe that...food unites us all..different menu,different way of presenting it tho the ingredients are same..in the end we taste,laugh,share hows its done ,and friendship initiated and developed...I salute Tess..a symbol of a Filipina whos proud of her culture and cooking...thus she shared it to you and i guess..to others too

yes tess was a verry good teacher..
ogarita.. was also.. but she taught me mexican dishes and her father dint like me much.LOL.

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/08/22 01:18 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 03/08/22 01:20 PM

Bread that got a little older is good for French Toast.

you can also crumble it and season it with bullion, and use it as stuffing. ;-)
instead of buying the pre boxed stuffing mixes.

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/08/22 01:01 PM

Quite often I think we all need to go through hard times to be able to focus on what's real. Some people and their family seem to handle prosperity and disposable income well but so many just turn into whiny weak trash living in a fantasy. We may be on the verge of a change that will be painful but maybe nesessary. Thoughts ?

thoughts?? dont no one remember 2006-2013??
we all ready recently lived through the worst economy since before the great depression.
and now we are threatening to slip back into it.
but. maybe that's just my remembrance.

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/08/22 12:48 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 03/08/22 12:56 PM

Psaki said there are 9,000 approved oil leases that the oil companies are not tapping into currently.
Psaki has since said that there are 9,000 unused drilling permits.
Which is it? Are there 9,000 approved oil leases or 9,000 unused drilling permits? I don't know if she is conflating oil leases and drilling permits, if she doesn't understand they are different or if she can't remember what talking points she is supposed to regurgitate. She has also said that Biden is doing everything he can regarding oil and gas prices but he has done nothing to reverse his policies that actually increased oil and gas prices.

Here is a look at drilling permits issued by the Bureau of Land Management in 2020 and 2021.
The BLM issued 2,994 public lands drilling permits in New Mexico, the most productive oil state, in 2020 compared to 1,949 as of Nov. 30, 2021. The boarder look for the six most productive states—New Mexico, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, North Dakota and California there were 3,605 permits had been approved in 2021 as of Nov. 30, far fewer than 5,362 in 2020.

Mike Sommers, the chief executive officer of the American Petroleum Institute put things in perspective by saying the following.
“There’s a fundamental misunderstanding of the administration as to how the process actually works,”....“Just because you have a lease doesn’t mean there’s actually oil and gas in that lease, and there has to be a lot of development that occurs between the leasing and then ultimately permitting for that acreage to be productive,” he said. “I think that they’re purposefully misusing the facts here to advantage their position.”

mean while we are still pumping roughly 2.5 thousand barrels less per day then we were prior to biden taking office from the wells that are already capable of supplying the oil we need.
these are existing wells, not undeveloped permitted sites, that were shut down by joe Bidens green energy council. rather then be allowed to continue to supply US oil. to the US.

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/08/22 12:35 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 03/08/22 12:37 PM

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy was born to Jewish parents.....and he's a Nazi according to Putin/Russian propaganda.
And brainwashed idiots claim that "Western countries now fight with Nazis and not against them". SMH

That is not accurate.
His grandfather was maybe 100% Jewish. His father then 50% Jewish and him self 25% Jewish.
But according to Jewish laws you have to have a Jewish mother to be considered a Jew. He has Russian as native tongue and have learned to speak Ukrainian it a very theatrical way.
In speeches predominantly uses words that is not the same in both languages and in a not natural husky tone.
You fail to see the reason he is president! He starred in a television series produced by 1+1 the TV channeled owned by Alexander Yefymovych Rodnyansky a Jewish oligarch operating from a head office in Delaware, USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%2B1_(TV_channel)

Alexander also funded the election campaign for Zelenesky presidentship.
Zelensky is bought and paid for by Israeli big business, to take control of Ukraine's economy and bleed it dry.
It's not hard to fool stupid young men with Nazi nationalistc ideals to fight for "democracy" kleptocrazy style!
Don't think they care about history when it comes to making money!

ahh got it.....in your MIND if a person is 25% Jewish they have no reluctance to be a Nazi.

Obviously it's not hard to fool stupid older people either....some even believe that Israeli big business will support a Nazi. SMH

LOL if you are .005% jewish. it would not matter if you are reluctant to be a NAZI or not. because they would still kill you once they found out about that .005%.

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/08/22 12:10 PM
went up to look atthe wild cat yard last saturday..
bought an aspen way gone SE., along with the full dash out of a 77 lebaron. I figgered if I was going to have to replace my dash and components, I may as well up grade it.
I'm also looking at a 78 volare duster they have... man I'm in trouble. I need help. really need a woman to keep me in check LOL.;-) .

Richard 's photo
Mon 03/07/22 06:25 PM

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy was born to Jewish parents.....and he's a Nazi according to Putin/Russian propaganda.
And brainwashed idiots claim that "Western countries now fight with Nazis and not against them". SMH

the more I fallow the after math of WWII, the more I believe Patton was right, and Eisenhower was wrong..
but that was the past. and no one remembers it.

Richard 's photo
Mon 03/07/22 01:18 PM
got lazy just a whopper and fries. then the ears off my first easter bunny for desert.

Richard 's photo
Mon 03/07/22 01:12 PM
Edited by Richard on Mon 03/07/22 01:14 PM

Here's a tip I tell people about their cars.

Always turn off all the electrical switches and let the car run for a min before you shut it off for the day. Especially in cold weather.

Starting a cold engine requires more electical amperage than normally starting a warm engine.
CCA is cold cranking amps and your battery is rated for the NORMAL cca your car needs when its new.

As batteries wear and cars wear it gets harder foir the battery when you start it. Turning off all the switches and letting it run for a lil bit puts your battery ant a full charge and when you start it the power isn't going to running all those things you left on. It goes to start the car.

Most cars have an electric fuel pump now. Most are some type of fuel injection.
When you turn your key the fuel pump has to charge the fuel lines. If you listen carefully you can hear it and hear it shut off.
Waiting for the fuel pump to finish cycling allows your car to start much easier because the engine has enough fuel for that initial rich mixture needed for a cold engine (used to be ya had ta pull the choke cable).

4whl disc brakes (screw-pin adjsted) adjust by applying the parking brake.
Rear drum brakes (cable adjusted) adjust by backing and stopping sharply.
You will get more life from your brakes if they are kept in adjustment.
As a rule of thumb, if your brake pedal is still firm but low (longer push to apply) the brakes probably need adjusted.

If you have the same size windshield wipers you can save money by replacing the driver side and moving the old driver side one to the passenger side.

LOL tom, while helpful.. I think it might be a little ff topic info for a recipe and cooking thread ;-)
I recently had a large jar of quartered artichoke hearts. that I bought. I used the seasoned oil marinade left over by refilling the jar with straw mushrooms. they came out really good after a couple days in the fridge soaking. I then steam fried them using the same oil marinade along with a steak. ad then poured some still left in the jar on my salad.
this is something a lot of people would have just drained off, when they used the artichokes.

Richard 's photo
Sun 03/06/22 07:42 AM
Edited by Richard on Sun 03/06/22 07:43 AM

#Covid: How could the pandemic have affected your brain?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60558431

"Memory loss, fatigue and trouble concentrating can be symptoms of having had coronavirus.

But scientists think people who haven't had Covid are also suffering increased tiredness, impaired decision-making and a lack of focus due to the pandemic.

Experts believe Covid uncertainty and disruption to routines have led to a phenomenon known as "pandemic brain".

A leading behavioural neuroscientist is now calling for more research into it."

sounds like more psycho-babble to drum up something new to get people to worry about.
these conditions are natural and were happening long before the covid bug started spreading.
thats why there are so many vitamin treatments for combatting it on the market.

I partly agree that it's psycho babble. Mostly feel that about blaming having had the virus. It's a nice thing to divert attention from the numerous serious side-effects from the vaccine. Great way to create a diversion.

APart from that I think many did suffer because of all the too strict and long lasting regulations of lockdown and having to wear facemasks, not being allowed to go anywhere, not even a cup of coffee, and all the other chit they came up with.
That does have an effect on the human psyche.
Mankind is a social species, not hermits, and we were forced by our governments to become just that which goes 100% against the grain of what we are and need in life.
Then the masks on top of that which inhibits getting normal social cues. Especially a disaster for children.
Then the fear added to all that and you got a great mix for people developing all kinds of psychological things in various stages.

The brain can quite quickly lose healthy neural pathways, especially when the situation goes on for quite some time as it has done, and then create new ones based on the fear and stress etc.
Won't be as bad for everyone, I've had little stress and little or no fear as I haven't believed any of this to be quite as bad as they tried to make us believe. Plus I can think for myself, I can put things in perspective etc.
Not everyone can and I guess those could be the people that develop issues now.

If this news is true then it just goes to show how far they pushed mankind with rules and almost forced injections.
Two years of such a regime and conditions is a long time.

But I don't think having had the disease has anything much to do with it. Maybe it's another lie to try and get people to get the booster.

they might be trying to make the connection to th increased stress and mental strain people have been placed under. while being under enforced limited isolation. and the break down of neural connections /synapsis in the brain. from not engaging the natural interactions people would have normally had.
but I still think thats stretching it. and if not, it can be directly placed upon the shoulders of our governments and their policies. that they put and kept in place, even after it was proven not to be having much if any effect of the spread.

Richard 's photo
Sun 03/06/22 06:28 AM
Edited by Richard on Sun 03/06/22 07:23 AM
with Bidens reluctance to sanction russia's oil.
why has no one questioned why our oil purchases from russia has almost doubled under biden as well?

Richard 's photo
Sun 03/06/22 06:23 AM
Edited by Richard on Sun 03/06/22 07:21 AM

https://www.mayberryinv.com/gas-price-movement-november-5-2020/

On November 2, 2020, it was noted that, “the U.S. average regular gasoline retail price decreased more than 3 cents to $2.11 per gallon on November 2, 49 cents lower than the same time last year.” The East Coast price decreased more than 2 cents to $2.07 per gallon, also, the Gulf Coast price decreased almost by 5 cents $1.79 per gallon. The Midwest price decreased more than 4 cents to $1.97 per gallon, the West Coast price declined greater than 1 cent to $2.77 per gallon and the Rocky Mountain price decreased more than 2 cents to $2.22 per gallon.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/gas-prices-2021-year-in-review

December – Highest gas price on Christmas Day ever recorded

To round out the year, 2021 set a new record for the highest gas price ever recorded on Christmas Day. By about two-tenths of a penny, at $3.26 per gallon, the national average on Christmas Day surpassed the previous record set in 2013.

------------

I just got gas yesterday at $3.89 a gallon. The price of gas has obviously increased since Putin's invasion of Ukraine but to blame the high prices entirely on the Ukraine invasion and the supply of Russian oil isn't correct.
All anyone has to do is look at the time line to see when the increase of gas, and oil, to know that the current administrations policies on fossil fuels has cause a dramatic affect on prices. The policies also can be seen in the cost of natural gas prices.
The people who are suffering the most are middle and lower income people, the people Democrats say that ONLY THEY care about. Limousine and Learjet leftist "liberals" can absorb the cost of higher energy prices with little to no impact on their life styles.....the same can't be said for middle and lower income people.

just an observation here:
aint it interesting that we have not had prices this high since Oboma was in office.
I can remember paying up to 4.75 a gallon back then right after Al gore helped de-regulate fuel prices.

and now we are paying that and more for it.
that is not a co-incidence it is a pattern of policy.

Richard 's photo
Fri 03/04/22 11:57 AM
Edited by Richard on Fri 03/04/22 12:06 PM

Drill baby Drill.

they are, just not as much here.
biden is importing roughly 800,000 BBLS of oil from russia a day. with no sanctions out of the white house.
but there are coming off the trade market from the buyers who have stopped in trading russian oil. no further orders are being placed and the russian flagged Tankers contracted for US deliveries are remaining here once off loaded.
thats not biden either, but the US free market refusing to do business with putin..

the quote below is from CNN:

Russian oil has not been directly targeted by the West’s crushing sanctions on Moscow — so far, at least. In fact, the United States and Europe have gone out of their way to avoid hitting Russia’s fossil fuels.

But the market is taking no chances when it comes to Russian oil. Traders, shippers, insurance companies and banks don’t want to touch the stuff,
This means that a considerable amount of Russian oil has been effectively sidelined — precisely what the West didn’t want to happen. Prices for oil and gasoline have skyrocketed.

“This led to a de facto ban on Russian oil,” despite the lack of sanctions preventing its export.

Richard 's photo
Fri 03/04/22 08:21 AM

How in the heck does a heater box catch fire?????

best I can tell..the fan must have shorted out and ignited some degraded insolation foam or something else combustible.I still have to dig into it to see if theres anything else that could have caused it. but it definately started inside the heater box. since it is completely gone,

looks like I'll have the choice between brown or brown for the replacement parts
but one is a government model aspen sedan, with a police issue 318 4 BBl pursuit package. and the other is a 318 wagon. the wagon has a lot of parts I may need down the line, but the sedan has more of the parts I need right now.
I'm going up to the yard this weekend. to look around maybe I can find other options in cars that are being parted out. the 2 I'm looking at are project cars that are in good enough condition that could be restored and saved.

Richard 's photo
Thu 03/03/22 01:01 PM
we all have little tricks in the kitchen to stretch out our food budget.
today I'm looking to expand on items we might use . that others might not think about.

like maybe using the left over pickle brine left in jars, to soak cucumber slices in.

olive juice mixed with soy and olive oil for salad or pasta dressing,

does any one wish to share item's you re-purpose, that most people generally toss out. because it's just habit?

Richard 's photo
Thu 03/03/22 12:34 PM

#Covid: How could the pandemic have affected your brain?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60558431

"Memory loss, fatigue and trouble concentrating can be symptoms of having had coronavirus.

But scientists think people who haven't had Covid are also suffering increased tiredness, impaired decision-making and a lack of focus due to the pandemic.

Experts believe Covid uncertainty and disruption to routines have led to a phenomenon known as "pandemic brain".

A leading behavioural neuroscientist is now calling for more research into it."

sounds like more psycho-babble to drum up something new to get people to worry about.
these conditions are natural and were happening long before the covid bug started spreading.
thats why there are so many vitamin treatments for combatting it on the market.

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/02/22 06:33 PM

Yes my weight tends to fluctuate up to 1-2 kilos up and down without my weight really changing.
I think that's pretty normal too but right now I don't want to see it, hihi.

In any case, weighed myself again, normally don't do it so close as last time was only Wednesday. But... now I'm 1 ounce (100gr) short of having lost 3 kilos!
Fills me with joy! And stronger belief that in some 2 months time I will be where I want to be :)

excuse my being a stubborn yank crystal,
but thats about 7.5 US pounds lost, if I did my math right. dont that make you feel better then just loosing 3 kilo's LOL good work.
we gotta have our bit of fun too ;-)

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/02/22 04:33 PM
Edited by Richard on Wed 03/02/22 04:37 PM

I know. Only now more people are beginning to wake up and think for themselves. About time!
And what we've seen here -almost 100 pages long- is it takes but 1 opinion to get the crowd to follow without thinking, without investigating for themselves. Whether plural people come up with real evidence to the contrary didn't matter. It was just dismissed.
This happened in real life just like that.
It's very easy to influence and coerce people when you aim for triggering their fear. We've got examples in history that show how disastrous the consequences of this can be.
Let's hope this is not going to be another of 'em as we now do have the majority of mankind injected with some dubious substance.
We can only hope that the human body can overcome it.

as more and more, of the truths come out, that we were told were not true by those who canceled it. the more people realize they were lied to. as I mentioned earlier, even here in oregon state institutions have started ignoring governor browns dictates.
so much so that our mask mandates are being removed. except in hospitals because even her own party is no longer supporting her.
and even "MR tripple mask Biden" came out from hiding with out a mask.

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/02/22 10:08 AM

Covid: Five things we still need to keep an eye on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60494159

"The legal restrictions that ruled our lives for two long years are gone in England and on their way out across the UK. We've moved from being "under the thumb" of Covid to "living with" the virus.

However, the pandemic is far from over - Covid is here for the long term and some scientists think we are relaxing too early.

So what do we need to keep an eye out for in the months and years ahead?"

What we need is what they should've done almost from the word go, from when it became clear it wasn't all that bad: keep an eye on it and work on a working non-damaging vaccine without rushing that, just in case.

The initial panic could be forgiven, but since death-rate never sky-rocketed it was all over the top.

And for now the same should go: keep an eye on it, work on a decent vaccine that actually works and doesn't cause all kinds of dangerous side-effects and leave it be.
We can't keep locking down everything for every sneeze. We don't do that for flu either yet that kills many a year. Doesn't stop societies from working.
Had this developed like the Spanish flu it would've been cause for panic as that was serious and very high death-rate.

So far I'm glad I'm natural, as are my mother & kids.

you are right crystal, the counts were blown over the top.

recently, the CDC has changed tracking protocols. and has recommended requiring people to be registered separately for their specific cause of admittance.
this should mean, people will no longer be listed as a covid patient, if that is not the reason for their coming to the hospital any longer. just for testing positive.
this wont change the counts for people just going in to be tested. but for all the sundry cases, like stitches, accidents, check ups ECT. it would.
it would also effect the counts of those hospitalized for pre existing conditions. that did not show any symptoms. but were later found to have covid.
it would be interesting if a full audit was done from the start, so the true numbers of actual covid caused cases were known.
I mean. if just 1 year study(audit) of fully vaxed patients revield 78% of those deaths were likely from their multiple pre-existing conditions
imagine how much the results would be changed world wide..

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/02/22 09:30 AM
Edited by Richard on Wed 03/02/22 09:36 AM
I find it interesting, that we are being asked not to buy products like vodka imported from russia, that has all ready been paid for and on the shelves.

but we "the USA" are still importing around 800,000 barrels of oil from russia on a daily basis.
if we really want to hurt them economically.
wouldn't shutting off their oil money send a bigger message?
biden has chosen not to sanction russian oil, but buyers in the US trade market have.

Oil imports from Russia to the U.S. set records - Liberty ...

https://libertyunyielding.com/2022/03/01/oil...

U.S. has not sanctioned Russian oil but traders are ...
https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-has-not...
21 hours ago ·

Russia Is A Major Supplier Of Oil To The U.S.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2022/02/21/...

PolitiFact | U.S. is importing large amount of Russian oil ...

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/aug/23/...

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25