Community > Posts By > Richard

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/20/22 02:06 PM

Even though there are huge varieties of movies i simply like anime. They hold the best philosophy and entertainment in the TV industry.

I like that you dont have the run of the mill mindless dribble. aimed at rotting kids brains a half hour at a time. story lines, action, suspense and yes, even violence. not just to entertain, but also engage the brain.
I'm not a fan of all anime', but theres plenty out there to choose from, that any one should be able to find something to their liking.

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/20/22 01:46 PM

paramount + nd disney, makes it hard to access anything...I did find some old next gen epesodes thogh.

When my forum community goes live you will be able to access all the Star Treks Series + All the star Trek Movies in HD. Plus a whole lot of other stuff!

thanks tom,
picked up season 1&2 of discovery.. also season 1 of teen titans (live not anime)

started a roku thread with some stuff I found there too. I just recently got it my nephew gave me a secure wi fi router. so people can not piggy back on it.
now I have so many free channels. I will have to see what all I can get.
when you go live.. please send a link.
oe of my biggest peives is no teen/tween saturday morning cartoons any more. I miss my super friends/X-men, transformers, Gi joe and robotech type shows we had in the 80's

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/20/22 01:29 PM
started the original battle star galactica and buck rodgers, yesterday. also found a bunch of john wayne and clint eastwood movies. pretty cool getting all this stuff fer free.

Richard 's photo
Mon 09/19/22 03:01 PM

Over the last few days I've been working on my Star Trek collection.

So, while I am gathering stuff for my collection I found some Star Trek shows I had no idea existed and a couple coming soon.

I also found This website which has lots of stuff for a Star Trek collection
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sitemap.htm
shades
paramount + nd disney, makes it hard to access anything...I did find some old next gen epesodes thogh.

Richard 's photo
Mon 09/19/22 02:53 PM
Edited by Richard on Mon 09/19/22 02:53 PM
been enjoying old network series that aint been around just finished sea quest, and andromada, half way through dragnet los angeles, and the original dragnet. also enjoyed quite a few old movies.
I'm thinking about adding other channels. any recommendations?
also who offers the best Sci fi (not horror)

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/13/22 06:11 PM

Adobo...whether Pork or Chicken is equivalent to meeting Filipino ,its Rscist when u hate it esp if u never tried it...it is Our National Dish.We dont say we hate this or that food if we didnt taste it.

I make adobo with beef and turkey too.. have not really found any meat (a side from fish) that cant be used ;-)

Richard 's photo
Wed 09/07/22 04:46 PM
Edited by Richard on Wed 09/07/22 04:55 PM
yes, in moderation. and depending what I'm making, animal fat/butter is some times required to get the right moisture/flavor content. a lil grease is OK. in a normal healthy diet. I dont do anything with pork. I'm allergic but I some times use smoked fat trimmed from corned beef/ pastrami for a similar result..
chicken/ turkey are also good I aint saying to pour it on everything. but for cooking it adds flavor to some dishes that shortening or veg oil cant..

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/06/22 12:23 PM
steamed me up some rice noodles, then stir fried some sugar peas diced carrots corn fresh garlic in some salted chicken fat w/ some shrimp and a lil fish sauce and lightly tossed that into the rice noodles. and let stand to let the liquid to soak into the noodles. dint measure, just free handed everything.

Richard 's photo
Sun 08/28/22 11:49 AM
making some chicken bone broth today. using rotisery chicken carcass.
used a pair of shell pliers to crack the larger bones
put them into a pot with 1 quart of water. some dried onion some left over green bell pepper (with seeds) and a crushed clove of garlic.put the pot on to boil. for a half hour, strain into a mason jar with a spoon to channel heat pull out spoon set with canning lid, tightly, allow the cooling heat to create the vacuum seal.
save for soup stock for when ever you need it.

Richard 's photo
Sun 08/28/22 11:16 AM
Edited by Richard on Sun 08/28/22 11:17 AM

Hahahaha, I appreciate that, Richard flowerforyou smooched

My weight is holding steady at 10-10,5 kgs weight loss, even if I eat the odd less-healthy stuff at times like fries, or dessert or a pizza. No change, so I'm happy.
At some point it was even 11 kilos, hihi.
This is what I wanted, back to normal and being able to occasionally eat whatever without any issue.

I went out for dinner last Wednesday, posh dinner at the restaurant where my son works as chef. I was invited :)
As I followed the boss into the kitchen to greet my son, he said "Wow, you've lost weight!"
Those are great moments in life, hihi.

hey, thats great crystal,
Im still working on my total gym, and trying to get my self back in better shape, had a big set back, my boss had a double bi pass, and also a blocked artery in his leg replaced.
so I have been away from my routine taking care of him.
hopefully, I'll get back on track soon.

Richard 's photo
Sat 08/27/22 04:49 PM
Edited by Richard on Sat 08/27/22 04:53 PM

This morning I made time to take a photo.
My gauge all this time were these jeans shorts and I happened to have a photo of me wearing them.
So I put on the shorts, same top and boots.
Not exactly the same as lighting is different, camera too, but as close as I could get it.

Left photo is from 2016...
Right photo is from this morning.

I can again wear all the nice shirts and things that I love so much! smooched

congrats crystal
( insert tex avery's big bad wolf whistle here)

Richard 's photo
Fri 05/27/22 12:28 PM
doing some test fitting. might be from a le baron, but they look to fit just fine.

Richard 's photo
Wed 05/18/22 03:23 PM

The reports of huge amounts of voter fraud in the recent elections are a myth. There is some of course. But not in the amounts that some websites and "news" outlets want you to believe.
this is just the primary, we'll see what the turn out percentages are at the start. and how much they increase as the votes are tallied. over the coming week. as of this time. we have one county with out a single vote tallied.

Richard 's photo
Tue 05/17/22 09:40 AM
left over taco packs are great for cooking with. use them for stuff like seasoning ground beef for taco nights , home made nachos, or even an extra kick to spaghetti/pasta dishes.

Richard 's photo
Tue 05/17/22 09:31 AM
here in oregon, they will still be counted so long as they are post marked mailed before 8:PM.
time enough to stuff those ballots.
whats that old phraise??
vote now and vote often.?

Richard 's photo
Mon 05/16/22 12:24 PM
Edited by Richard on Mon 05/16/22 12:27 PM
is 80 the new 35??? LOL old hippies might get the reference. ;-)

Richard 's photo
Sun 05/15/22 11:05 PM
LOL 41 views since I strted this thread and no one has anything to add??. no wonder we cant find any one. no one does anything.

Richard 's photo
Sun 05/15/22 10:06 PM
got some good news to report.. the fire did not reach the stearing column. so after cutting out the burnt leadsfor the radio, heater half the gauges and a few other odd lighting wires and such.
I hooked up the battery crossed my fingers and turned the key. and she started right up. with no sizzles or smoke. I still got some melted bits to remove. including the burnt out fan motor. but I hope to sand off the surface rust and start rebuilding her soon.
starting with an early morning trip to the glass shop for a new windshield on tuesday. if it aint raining.

Richard 's photo
Sun 05/15/22 08:44 PM
Edited by Richard on Sun 05/15/22 08:48 PM

Now we know what Joe Biden and his Cronies really think about anybody that doesn’t support his policies, according to him we are terrorists… in his own words the MAGA crowd is the most radical and dangerous group in US history. Worse than the klan, worse than black panthers, worse than skinheads..He is the one that encourages democrats to NOT accept the rulings decided by federal judges and courts. This guy is inciting a riot by encouraging activists to go to the homes of Supreme Court justices and protest and harass their family over their decision about Row vs. Wade, that hasn’t even been delivered yet. How is this guy not getting the same treatment as Trump got? .. All this plus the colossal crisis at our southern border makes him the most distrusted and radical president ever in our history. .. if the definition of terrorist is someone trying to stop others from destroying a great nation and it’s citizens , t
han call me a terrorist. As far as I’m concerned Joe can ‘go f… his self’..

what does all those groups have in common, that MAGA dont??
they are all separatist movements trying to divide the nation into groups. while MAGA is a movement designed to pull the nation together as a single people drawing a line in the sand and reminding us all we the people hold the power.so wht shouldn't biden feel it is the biggest threat he and those like him have ever had???

Richard 's photo
Sun 05/15/22 11:36 AM

Many states have "trigger" laws which if federal law in effect says it's up to the states will automatically revert to pre Roe bans.

This will force some women seeking legal abortions to travel thousands of miles

if thats the case, then they should be drawing up potations to change their local state laws,
even if it reverts back. which all this hoopla may be about nothing since right now this is just a leaked internal debate. between judges that comes up from time to time nothing more. it still has to be reviewed by state attorneys to see if those old laws cab still be enforced, statutes in the laws may have changed which would make then unenforceable today,

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25