Community > Posts By > Richard

Richard 's photo
Tue 08/31/21 12:49 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 08/31/21 12:51 PM

I checked my spray, it turns out to be anti-perspirant AND deodorant. And yes, it contains aluminium. It doesn't say how much.
In any case, I'm going to use the natural one today.

I also read that Loveli deodorant is great and really works even if you normally do/did smell.
I see a lot of Loveli products advertised today. And it seems most are very positive about them.

sounds like your deodorant is a scented alti-persirant or at least has enough aluminum in it to reduce sweat production, to help it last longer.
I still prefer soap and a wet rag. or paper towel. dont like the white cake build up in my pits, or the slimey feeling of jells. and it's easy for men to duck in and refresh their scent. as it is for you ladies to refresh their make up (powder your nose).

Yeah, you have to have clean armpits BEFORE applying deodorant or the other stuff. Bit pointless if you don't.
I needed this particular one I have as I had a real problem a number of years ago when I was still working. Nothing else did the job. I'm almost certain it was stress related.
And using soap didn't matter. I don't know where you live, but it's normal that people shower or at least wash in the morning!
In many cases soap isn't enough, that's why we have deodorant / anti-perspirant.

I don't know how you get white cake, nor what jell is. Maybe 'white cake' is what you get if you rarely shower?

In any case, I have used the natural one for a few days but it's not practical. It's in a tin so you have to apply it with your fingers. I think I'm going to buy the one from Loveli, which is a rolling stick :)

yah, for some reason, the hair in my armpits all ways seamed to get matted with white powder residue, a few hours after applying a pit stick or became slimey feeling. I never have liked using them because of that.

I shower at least twice a day, after work and mornings, like mentioned earlier, I use an a scented body wash, and a lite scented body spray.. I also basically take a sponge baths, it is as easy washing my pits, is as it is washing hands and face if needed during the day , and re applying the spray. if my shirt gets soaked, and I cant change it.. I hit it with unscented fabreeze

oooh... maybe indeed if you got hair there, makes sense then. Then a stick won't be pleasant to use either.

yah, roll ons, powder spray, gel/powder sticks. dint matter. I never got used to the feel.
I guess, people either just deal with it or get use to it.

Richard 's photo
Tue 08/31/21 09:38 AM
Edited by Richard on Tue 08/31/21 09:49 AM

I checked my spray, it turns out to be anti-perspirant AND deodorant. And yes, it contains aluminium. It doesn't say how much.

I also read that Loveli deodorant is great and really works even if you normally do/did smell.
I see a lot of Loveli products advertised today. And it seems most are very positive about them.

sounds like your deodorant is a scented alti-persirant or at least has enough aluminum in it to reduce sweat production, to help it last longer.
I still prefer soap and a wet rag. or paper towel. dont like the white cake build up in my pits, or the slimey feeling of jells. and it's easy for men to duck in and refresh their scent. as it is for you ladies to refresh their make up (powder your nose).

Yeah, you have to have clean armpits BEFORE applying deodorant or the other stuff. Bit pointless if you don't.
I needed this particular one I have as I had a real problem a number of years ago when I was still working. Nothing else did the job. I'm almost certain it was stress related.
And using soap didn't matter. I don't know where you live, but it's normal that people shower or at least wash in the morning!
In many cases soap isn't enough, that's why we have deodorant / anti-perspirant.

I don't know how you get white cake, nor what jell is. Maybe 'white cake' is what you get if you rarely shower?

In any case, I have used the natural one for a few days but it's not practical. It's in a tin so you have to apply it with your fingers. I think I'm going to buy the one from Loveli, which is a rolling stick :)

yah, for some reason, the hair in my armpits all ways seamed to get matted with white powder residue, a few hours after applying a pit stick or became slimey feeling. I never have liked using them because of that.

I shower at least twice a day, after work and mornings, like mentioned earlier, I use an a scented body wash, and a lite scented body spray.. I also basically take a sponge baths, it is as easy washing my pits, is as it is washing hands and face if needed during the day , and re applying the spray. if my shirt gets soaked, and I cant change it.. I hit it with unscented fabreeze

Richard 's photo
Tue 08/31/21 09:06 AM
Edited by Richard on Tue 08/31/21 09:19 AM

I still prefer soap and a wet rag. or paper towel. dont like the white cake build up in my pits, or the slimey feeling of jells. and it's easy for men (me) to duck in and refresh their (my) scent. as it is for you ladies to refresh their make up (powder your nose).

Richard 's photo
Tue 08/31/21 08:42 AM
Edited by Richard on Tue 08/31/21 08:43 AM
I think I finally have all my filters set right, so I am not getting as much that I need to report and/or block.

Richard 's photo
Tue 08/31/21 08:18 AM
Edited by Richard on Tue 08/31/21 08:24 AM

Below- 2002 -6,2 rating.
WW2 sub movie.

Now this is one for the book of "never watch again". What a weird movie.

2002 edit: never mind.. I asked which movie. I get it... I was looking below for the title LOL.
I need more sleep. ;-)
recently re watched grey lady down, and Dos boot.

Richard 's photo
Sun 08/29/21 08:19 PM
Edited by Richard on Sun 08/29/21 08:41 PM

One thing I absolutely loathe is a profile that seeks people
outside their own age as it bespeaks so many issues.

Like a 50 year old wanting only teenagers, I am sure I set
some sort of land-speed record for getting away from such
profiles.

LOL, what about all these 20 somethings, looking for 45 to 60+ somethings??

to the question of the thread,
the only thing that really bugs me are completely blank profiles with just a name age and location.
the rest, well, we are all adults here. we can all ways say, we are not interested.

though, personally I might caution people about posting pics with their kids. on an adult dating site. strictly as a safety concern.

Richard 's photo
Sat 08/28/21 07:55 PM
Edited by Richard on Sat 08/28/21 08:05 PM

tour of duty was viewed by the network as too violentand realistic so it was slated to be canceled after it's first season. they got so much mail from viet nam vets. thanking them for showing people what it was really like for soldiers who were over there. that they continued the series until the mail stopped flooding in. there were some hard stories told in that series. some were also based on letters that were sent in.
I'm on stand by for china beach as well..but I have not found it yet.

Yes, and that's one of the reasons I love that show: the veterans finally getting some hard earnt recognition! When reading more about things of that war and how the vets got treated at home, how they still suffer diseases from all the crap they got sprayed with etc etc... so effing sad! It can seriously make me cry.
If memory serves I made a topic about that a few years back and many Americans replied, adding info about veterans they know / knew.

The show addressed some serious issues, like the couple of episodes with the black revolt, triggered by this one a-hole and a few Nazi-like whites. It shows how tense it got and how difficult to navigate that situation.
And the drug addictions... Purcell as he was traumatised for accidentally shooting a kid.

Very deep series. I can totally get why the veterans loved it. It shows so many facets of what their life must've been like over there.

I can remember being in the 1st or second grade, that us kids started saying,
say, hey,
get out of our way,
we just got back to the USA.
simply because we thought it sounded cool. no one explained to us what it meant at the time. we just so innocent then. we dint understand the world beyond the slide and the sand box.

to continue with the subject.. all add.
heart break ridge, and fire fox, and the guuntlet

Richard 's photo
Sat 08/28/21 05:20 AM
Edited by Richard on Sat 08/28/21 05:25 AM
tour of duty was viewed by the network as too violentand realistic so it was slated to be canceled after it's first season. they got so much mail from viet nam vets. thanking them for showing people what it was really like for soldiers who were over there. that they continued the series until the mail stopped flooding in. there were some hard stories told in that series. some were also based on letters that were sent in.
I'm on stand by for china beach as well..but I have not found it yet.

Richard 's photo
Sat 08/28/21 05:09 AM
Edited by Richard on Sat 08/28/21 05:11 AM

She should make / have made an appearance on "Picard" as well.
But I gave up on that series. For some reason I couldn't get into it even though I'm crazy about Star Trek TNG and Voyager.
Personally I feel Picard should've remained retired and leave us the memory of an absolutely stunning Enterprise captain.
The Star Trek movies with Chris Pine were great as well! A shame there won't be more. He made a very good Jim Kirk!

Also funny how your sense of humour can change. I used to hate Q! SO annoying! My then husband thought he was hilarious.
Last time I watched TNG I loved seeing him as well! The man was really good and unbelievably funny in annoying Picard.

funny fact, jeri ryan turned down the part of 7 of 9, 4 times . she finally accepted the role as a 4 part segment, as a means to make the producers stop bugging her. and she enjoyed the cast, so much she agreed to stay on.
they approached her again for the voyager cameo in the movie nemesis, but she was busy with her new life(new husband and second child) and opted not to do it. so we got admiral janeway instead.

sorry for geeking out

Richard 's photo
Sat 08/28/21 01:26 AM

Re watching some horror films, this version of Screams Of A Winter night is the original director's cut, the film had been shortened quite a bit for theatrical release.

whats the best way to post pictures here on the forums?? do you need a host site? and copy/paste?

Richard 's photo
Sat 08/28/21 01:18 AM
Edited by Richard on Sat 08/28/21 01:24 AM
crystal(or any one who may be interested)
alien VRS predator book series. authors are steve &stephany perry , david bischoff and nathan archer.
not sure if they are available on audio or not.
just to stay on topic,
I just started watching tour of duty.. bought the complete series box set. along with watching a movie called tunnel rats.

Richard 's photo
Fri 08/27/21 05:54 PM
Edited by Richard on Fri 08/27/21 05:56 PM

edited: gotta figure out why I'm double posting.
sorry.

Richard 's photo
Fri 08/27/21 05:33 PM
Edited by Richard on Fri 08/27/21 05:36 PM

love the borg, so dark and sinister and 7 of 9...wonder what 9 of 9 looked like...you will be assimilated, it is futile to resist...ahhhhh help.........

Hihi. 7 of 9 was gorgeous!
In First Contact you have the Borg queen. She was great, and terribly annoying. The part where Data gets a bit of skin etc.

Introducing the Borg sure as heck was a very good decision!

borg was introduced in next gen, entitled Q , voyagers 7 0f 9.jeri ryan, man I had a crush on her.. she had a short lived series where she was a school teacher also...

Richard 's photo
Fri 08/27/21 05:18 PM
Edited by Richard on Fri 08/27/21 05:26 PM

No escape .. Owen Wilson , a gripping thriller set in south east Asia 8/10 .... for Crystal !!

Almost missed this!
A great movie, isn't it!?

glad you liked it .... yeah ! it was worth it ...
riveting till the end !!!!

just watched " Extraction " ... Bruce Willis .... not like his Die Hard movie ... 8/10

chrystal, you may also like 16 blocks, and the jackal, both also bruce willis films. with a darker twist. 16 blocks also comes with alternate endings.

Absolutely both good movies!! Been a while since I watched the Jackal. And I didn't know about the alternate endings.
I dint know about the alternate ending on 16 blocks either, I think it is only on the DVD. just watched mercury rising and the sixth sense again last night. .

Ah, makes sense DVD offers that. But then, how different are the endings? Just details or also in one him not making it?
yes and no.. to both questions. its basically the final sceen in the court house. but I dont want to give nuttin away.
for a series of movies, with a lot of car chases, and absolutely pointless car crashes.
may I recommend the original gone in 60 seconds, from the 70's??
theres 4 films in the serries.. and it's just stupid fun.

Richard 's photo
Fri 08/27/21 02:43 PM
Edited by Richard on Fri 08/27/21 02:52 PM
the books were kinda like the first alien movie. based in space on coloney worlds.
the first AVP movie was kind of a nod to them, only still based on earth.
I'll check my library for the author, you might be able to find them on line in audio, for the seeing impaired.
the second A V P movie was requiem. and I found it lacking. but thats probably because I've read the books.
I see now, that you actually all ready had the last ship on one of your lists.
how about falling sky's??

Richard 's photo
Fri 08/27/21 02:15 PM
Edited by Richard on Fri 08/27/21 02:29 PM

I use deodorant spray, the old fashioned type with aluminium in it. I do have a tin of natural deodorant without that. I want to give that a try soon as it is less taxing on the body (liver).

But... I am all for using some type of deodorant. And I'd like my man to use it too.

aluminium is not so good for body

this is true, it is actually highly toxic .and the body stores it.
people should read up on the damages studies have linked it to.

That's why I already mentioned it in my post. I guess people don't read that either tongue2
Bummer is that aluminium is the thing that works as deodorant so you don't smell of sweat. These days there are alternatives you can buy, totally natural and made with essential oils for a variety of scents.
BUT since they do not have an ingredient that works effectively on smell like aluminium these alternatives may not be sufficient when you easily do smell of sweat.
That can by the way be stress related...
sorry cristal, I read it, just mistook what you were saying. guess, I dint read it close enough.
the aluminum is more used as an anti perspirant. than a de odorant. it enters pores and shrinks the sweat ducts. so you sweat less. by it's self, it wont make a person smell any better.

Richard 's photo
Thu 08/26/21 06:34 PM
Edited by Richard on Thu 08/26/21 06:39 PM
if you have not read the books, the first alien VRS predator was pretty cool.. if you've seen it.. for get about the bitter taste the second one left. and read the books.
for a TV series, you might like the last ship.

Richard 's photo
Thu 08/26/21 06:18 PM
a few that I like , are:
micheal stackpole,
kathy tyers,
aaron allston,

Richard 's photo
Thu 08/26/21 06:03 PM
Edited by Richard on Thu 08/26/21 06:10 PM

I use deodorant spray, the old fashioned type with aluminium in it. I do have a tin of natural deodorant without that. I want to give that a try soon as it is less taxing on the body (liver).

But... I am all for using some type of deodorant. And I'd like my man to use it too.

aluminium is not so good for body

this is true, it is actually highly toxic .and the body stores it.
people should read up on the damages studies have linked it to.

Richard 's photo
Thu 08/26/21 05:34 PM
Edited by Richard on Thu 08/26/21 05:57 PM
for masking B/O (deordorants) ,
I use mens dove body wash, and body spray. it's alcohol based like a cologne only lighter.
( assuming you are not talking about antiperspirants)