Community > Posts By > Richard

Richard 's photo
Mon 02/14/22 04:24 PM
Edited by Richard on Mon 02/14/22 04:28 PM

I've never done strict diets. I don't believe in them. I do believe in a healthy lifestyle and that has to be doable. SOmething you can do for the rest of your life, a lifestyle.
I'm not going to not eat a cookie or the occasional bad thing for the rest of my life. Not doable.

Currently moving more than before as well as I feel better and have more inspiration since the last few months (I'm going through quite the personal transformation!). Apart from that there's also the medical rehabilitation with physio in the gym involved. And doing exercises at home.
Which I again haven't done today, hahaha.

well, I still say you look great just as you are.. but, the exercise and healthier diet, can help keep you that way longer. so if it helps in your over all health. and your happier. thats a good benefit as well. so keep up the good work. (that includes getting to the gym and working out no playing hooky LOL. )

I won't play hooky as gym is part of my med. rehabilitation program until beginning of May. So the next 3 months I certainly won't! After that my intention is to continue, preferably in a group as that's more fun :) Done that before, was always great.
And thank you for the compliments, I do appreciate that! flowerforyou

I just added a new exercise today, going backwards up and down stairs. this is great for the back of the legs. though the neighbors are looking at me funny ;-). it is something your legs are not used to (at least mine are not) so it's a nice lil mixer to riding the mongoose.

Richard 's photo
Mon 02/14/22 02:04 PM

http://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/browse/monte-carlo

http://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/

http://www.mikesmontes.com/Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-SS_c_7.html

http://www.ecklers.com/history/chevrolet_montecarlo

Did a quick search for restoration parts/monte carlo.

You have a nice project going there. Gunna take some time...hope yer not in a hurry.

https://restorationpartssource.com/store/GM_Monte%20Carlo.htm

https://www.classicmuscle.com/monte-carlo-restoration-parts

https://collectorsautosupply.com/classic-car-parts/classic-chevrolet-parts/classic-monte-carlo-parts/

:thumbsup:

thanks tom for these links.. but they have a common theme

they jump the second gen monte carlo. for the most part they go from 70-72 and then 78 after ) and a couple only cater to the 78+ G body.
while some do have a small hand full of sheet metal oruniversal accessory parts. the model specific parts have to be scavanged from wrecking yards or scabbed back together.

Richard 's photo
Mon 02/14/22 01:42 PM
Edited by Richard on Mon 02/14/22 01:45 PM

I've never done strict diets. I don't believe in them. I do believe in a healthy lifestyle and that has to be doable. SOmething you can do for the rest of your life, a lifestyle.
I'm not going to not eat a cookie or the occasional bad thing for the rest of my life. Not doable.

Currently moving more than before as well as I feel better and have more inspiration since the last few months (I'm going through quite the personal transformation!). Apart from that there's also the medical rehabilitation with physio in the gym involved. And doing exercises at home.
Which I again haven't done today, hahaha.

well, I still say you look great just as you are.. but, the exercise and healthier diet, can help keep you that way longer. so if it helps in your over all health. and your happier. thats a good benefit as well. so keep up the good work. (that includes getting to the gym and working out no playing hooky LOL. )

Richard 's photo
Mon 02/14/22 12:57 PM
Edited by Richard on Mon 02/14/22 12:59 PM

Frankly I don't believe anything the CDC, Who or Fauchi say anymore . their constant confusing directions has alienated alot of prople.
This is what happens when a administration does not speak in one consistent voice to its people.

as we move from pandemic stage to the endemic stage.
more and more of their lies are being exposed. as truths formerly canceled by them, are now being accepted as proven fact in mainstream.
even the CDC has been admitting they lied to the public.

Richard 's photo
Mon 02/14/22 09:27 AM
Edited by Richard on Mon 02/14/22 09:35 AM

Filipino Adobo made with pork belly is a delicious combination of salty and savory you'll love with steamed rice. It's easy to make, hearty, tasty, and sure tob be a all time favorite!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40
Total Time: approx 1 hr 15 mins
2 pounds pork belly, cut into 2-inch cubes
1 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
1 head garlic, peeled and minced for garlicky flavor
2 bay leaves(optional)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
Instructions
In a bowl, combine pork, onions, garlic, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. you can Place in the refrigerator and marinate for a while but you can directly slow cook it but mix Soy Sauce
In a wide pot or in a skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add meat mixture and cook, turning occasionally, until pork is lightly browned.
Add vinegar and allow to boil, uncovered and without stirring, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add soy sauce and water and stir to combine. Allow to a boil for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 40 minutes or until meat is fork-tender and sauce is reduced. Serve hot with Steam rice
thank you apple,
I will try making it this way, as it is different then how I learned to make it. but because of allergy I'll be using chicken.

the way I learned is similar , only using a stock pot or slow cooker, and starting by adding water and the other ingredients at the time of adding the meat. 1/2 to cup of vinegar depending on your taste, and is allowed to slow cook until meat is fork tender.
something I like to do some times, is once the adobo is cooked. I will remove the meat, and cook the rice in the adobo broth so that it is compleatly infused into the rice.
the left over rice(if any) is great fried with eggs the next morning.

Richard 's photo
Mon 02/14/22 09:01 AM
Edited by Richard on Mon 02/14/22 09:05 AM

TOMATO PASTE.... now it makes sense why it did not taste right.. I had forgotten all about it thank you.
like most cooks, when the native ingredients are not easily available. the recipe adapts to it's new environment. (beaf or lamb for exaple instead of goat)
she may have also added extra vegitables, because they were also easier to get. and as you say.. they compliment each other in the dish. (an Americanized version if you will.) the last time I tried making it, I used Elk meat. it still tasted good. but just not right. because it was missing the tomato paste.
something so basic. and I could not figure it out.
Tess would be laughing at me (probably adding something like this in pidgin, while shaking her head:
thats why men should only drink beer at the B B Q,, while women master the kitchen.)

thank you Apple for solving my mystery, I hang my head and kneel. ;-)

you're most welcome Richard,now i know the feeling of a Sleuth ,solving a mystery lol .Appreciate you for liking our Pinoy Food and cook it too,tweaking it but still a pinoy food...thank you for having A Tess who introduced you our food.Try more and share.

I look at food as an international language we all speak. it brings peoples together, a traveler may share a meal at their fire to introduce their good will, while traveling through new lands. the language may not be known. but the gesture is, reaching out then slowly lowering it to the food. offering to them sit and eat.
yes through tess I was accepted into the community. and we shared many meals. they liked that I knew many dishes they did not know, as I learned some of theirs.
I was verry upset when we had to move on.I thought about staying but I was only 16 at the time.

Richard 's photo
Sat 02/12/22 10:25 AM
today I think I'll take the mongoose for a short ride down the river trail. then do some shopping. tomorrow, I might go practice at the range for a little while( or maybe play some call of duty, spec ops and fake it).

Richard 's photo
Sat 02/12/22 10:05 AM
I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment.
but,, at my boss's house I built a large cascading waterfall in the back corner of his back yard, that feeds a 3 foot deep coy pond, then added a shale rock retaining wall 3 feet out from it as a planter (also to hide the top skimmer inlet for the recycling pump) and a paver stone patio for him and his wife to sit and relax while listening to it.

Richard 's photo
Sat 02/12/22 09:44 AM
Edited by Richard on Sat 02/12/22 09:51 AM

I've gone hunting, but not really a "hunter". I grew up on a farm and know how to harvest meat, if I need to. but I refer to just go buy what I need (except for pan fish)
I have not found a wrong way to cook venison LOL..
but, it is usually verry lean. so if your frying it. I like to use butter on a medium heat. for sausage, you have to add fat most use beaf or pork. depending on the kind of sausage being made. beaf for summer type
hard sausage or burger, pork for soft sausages like links .

I use chicken or turkey fat. becuse, I have an allergy to pork. that makes it a bad idea for me to use it. but other wise I use it the same as I do beef, lamb or goat. how I prepare it, depends on the amount I have to work with.

Richard 's photo
Sat 02/12/22 09:15 AM
Edited by Richard on Sat 02/12/22 09:34 AM

sorry Apple, I did not really describe it properly. but yes its all cooked together with the egg plant and squash added in last so they dont get over cooked. first the sayote because it takes a little longer
it's really more of a pan fry, then stir fry
with a garlic, onion, bell pepper, soy (chili optional) seasoning base.
I trim the fat from the meat to use to season the pan first. once it's cooked down I remove it and add garlic(2 or 3 decent sized cloves) about half an onion minced, pepper, bell pepper and a beaf caldo cube and soy sauce and once once the veggies used for seasoning are cooked down and the caldo's dissolved.
I add the meat and wait till it is about half cooked
to start adding the vegetables. some other optional. vegetables are sugar peas, mushrooms carrots, zucchini. but the base vegitables are always the eggplant and sayote. goat was the meat source most often used.. the sayote and eggplant is cubed in large bite size chunks, and added last because you want them cooked but still firm.

one more thing...did she not put tomato paste?
as im reading it again...i saw theres bell pepper too,and its goat meat,it might be (semi)Caldereta if its goat meat and lil soy,and tomato sauce but im confused because of the eggplant...so still i stick with Stir fried or sauteed Chevon and mixed veggies Recipe :blush:
TOMATO PASTE.... now it makes sense why it did not taste right.. I had forgotten all about it thank you.
like most cooks, when the native ingredients are not easily available. the recipe adapts to it's new environment. (beaf or lamb for exaple instead of goat)
she may have also added extra vegitables, because they were also easier to get. and as you say.. they compliment each other in the dish. (an Americanized version if you will.) the last time I tried making it, I used Elk meat. it still tasted good. but just not right. because it was missing the tomato paste.
something so basic. and I could not figure it out.
Tess would be laughing at me (probably adding something like this in pidgin, while shaking her head:
thats why men should only drink beer at the B B Q,, while women master the kitchen.)

thank you Apple for solving my mystery, I hang my head and kneel. ;-)

Richard 's photo
Fri 02/11/22 12:43 PM
Edited by Richard on Fri 02/11/22 12:52 PM

Key word allegations. That’s all you can and will get against Trump, allegations! The problem with hunter is those allegations have evidence to back them up. You won’t see any charges brought against him , yet. Thankfully there is no statutes of limitations. He won’t be protected after the mid-term elections.

as I mentioned before .. there are allegations, by outsiders made against trump (proven or are in the process of being proven false , and then there are confessions and admissions by the bidens, their family members and heads of state. that are just not being covered and are quickly hushed up. as well you know, thats not what joe, john or hunter really meant to say. if the house and senet flip after the mid terms, the stalled investigations will no longer have the dem watch dogs suppressing them. heck even some of th dem supporters of biden and fauci have started speaking out, because they want to separate them selves from them to try to save their up coming elections.

Interesting that Trump allegations are being "proven false" (What's proven false?) while he sues to stop release of evidence or testimony wherever he can, while Hunter Biden doesn't do any of that. Nobody saying Trump is innocent are doing so under oath. Many are pleading the Fifth. Doesn't look innocent.
typical of left leaning slant, you take what you want from what I said then take it out of the context it was said in.
you conveniently left out where I said "or is in the process of being proven false".
while completely ignoring the fact that the bidens openly have admitted several of their wrong doings, and had those admissions quickly covered up or stalled.
as to what allegations have been proven false, everything that was brought against him, that has gone through the investigation process and has been thrown out. whats still pending being proven, is still being processed
trump sues to prevent evidence already proven false from being used to slander him further.
hunter dont, because it is information thats been brushed on, because he mentioned it himself thats been buried, that the left dont want being examined.
but thats neither here nor there,
being in the middle of a witch hunt is nothing new for trump, and he's not in the office, biden is. if the house and senet flip. the shoe will be on the other foot. the only difference is. the bidens have already provided the evidence against them selves. and the FBI has it. they just need to be allowed to investigate it. and their findings to be heard.

Richard 's photo
Fri 02/11/22 12:08 PM

A recent German study has shown that zero healthy kids between the ages of 5-11 have died from COVID.

For all children the risk of death is 3 per 1,000,000 if they don't have an underlying health condition.....or 0.0003%.

Why hasn't the CDC done such a study and if they have why haven't they reported the results?

Some Democrat governors are suddenly easing restrictions claiming "science" is the reason. That may be true but it seems they aren't using medical science....it seems they are using political science after seeing poll numbers before the upcoming midterm elections. If these governors, and state legislators, were using actual medical science/studies and mental health studies they wouldn't leave it up to "local" school boards to mandate mask wearing by children......they would outlaw mask mandates for the least vulnerable population.

several school districts have made masking optional. after students confronted the administration with medical facts of dangers involved with masking

Richard 's photo
Fri 02/11/22 11:54 AM
Edited by Richard on Fri 02/11/22 12:02 PM

By the grace of God omni was a mild strain. had it not been millions would have died. Biden dodged a huge bullet. By there is no denying Biden and his administration where not prepared
This virus is far from gone and will continue to morph to outsmart the vaccines ..just as omni did.

there is a huge difference between dying with covid, and dying from covid.
as mentioned earlier:
the CDC did a report on fully vaccinated people that supposedly died from covid. and it turned out that 78%
were people that had 4 or more co-mortality diseases and or health problems. that they were already being treated for. at the time of testing positive for covid. and were likely to have died because of their pre existing poor health reguardles to how much covid may or may not have played a part.
covid wont go away, but it is now on par with the flu. and like the flu it will have good and bad seasons with stronger and weaker strains that pop up. but also like the flu ,it will continue to be studied,and better treatments will be found.
TAZ

Richard 's photo
Fri 02/11/22 11:19 AM
Edited by Richard on Fri 02/11/22 11:33 AM

Not sure what kind of cheat sheet you mean?
I'm not on a diet really. I just have to change a few eating / snacking habits that aren't healthy in general but also not so great when going through peri-menopause.
That's all I'm doing :) I still snack, but now healthier things, I still eat a lot, but healthy stuff and I cook myself now. I still eat cookies at times I did before etc. etc.

So it's just changing a few habits.
And drinking less regular coffee as I drank way too much --> all day long and then 50-50 (half decaf). Now I'm upping the decaf levels to wean myself off of it so in a later stage coffee can be replaced with healthier drinks without a problem.

And I got to cut back on meat and diary but that's for my joint/muscles problems, not related to losing weight.

So far it's going well :) I'm getting used to it, faster than I expected.
In May I hope to be where I want to be concerning weight. That was my loosely planned plan, haha.

looks like you already are doing it right. (you
said one of you cheats is the accessional cookie for example).
a cheat is eating a few things that you shouldn't, not because of restriction. but because of your goals.
as you mentioned loosing weight, too fast is not a good thing. but so is loosing the wrong kind of weight . rebound is weight loss caused by the body eating it's own muscle proteins while storing fats .
you dont want your body to go into starvation mode, because, it is not use to the changes in your diet.
it is better to make changes slowly over time to allow your body to adjust. same as we dont develop bad habits all at once.

Richard 's photo
Fri 02/11/22 11:02 AM

Until people started buying the lousy things to eat non-existent insects, and we were overrun with them. I found them in walls, attics, garages, anyplace they could get into. Ever see swarms of those things flying through the air? I have. These so-called organic gardeners did nothing but create an infestation of them. And I did what I had to, to get rid of them- a shop-vac.

like all helpful insects, they are only helpful until they are not wanted.
people want to save the honey bee's too.. until they start a hive in their attic or walls.

Richard 's photo
Fri 02/11/22 10:37 AM
Edited by Richard on Fri 02/11/22 10:54 AM

I've gone hunting, but not really a "hunter". I grew up on a farm and know how to harvest meat, if I need to. but I refer to just go buy what I need (except for pan fish)
I have not found a wrong way to cook venison LOL..
but, it is usually verry lean. so if your frying it. I like to use butter on a medium heat. for sausage, you have to add fat most use beaf or pork. depending on the kind of sausage being made. beaf for summer type
hard sausage or burger, pork for soft sausages like links .

Richard 's photo
Fri 02/11/22 10:01 AM
Edited by Richard on Fri 02/11/22 10:23 AM

tonight I have a little time so I'm making up a batch of spaghetti sauce. I'm starting with
1 pound of ground turkey and 1 pound of ground beef. to that I will add Italian sausage seasoning to taste(I like it a little spicey so I'll also add some Cyane pepper ground white pepper and black pepper. all to taste before adding it into the meat) once I'm happy with the seasonings I'll slowly need the turkey and beef together while adding the seasoning.
next I'll add some white straw mushrooms finely minced and black olives also finely minced. . and then start warming my large fry pan, with olive oil and a couple crushed cloves of elephant garlic(cause I have some) and a small hot white onion minced
once the onion becomes transparent, I'll start browning the meat (olives and mushrooms are in the meat already) in the seasoned oil.
once browned, but not completely, I'll drain off most of the oil into a clean jar with a lid (waste not want not, this is great for cooking other meals with)

next I'll add a couple pint cans of diced stewed tomatoes with (I like the ones with green chilies also in them) and continue to cook on low I'll also add 1 pint tomato sauce, 1 half cup catchup and let that reduce (instead of diced stewed tomatoes I some times will use 1 quart of mild salsa)
once the water has mostly cooked out and the diced tomatoes are broken down. I'll add 2 cans of quartered stewed tomatoes to add water back into the sauce and allow the tomatoes to soak in the flavors. I'll only use some of this tonight. the rest will go into freezer bags for later use.
serve over pasta noodles of your choice, I like using a mexican cheese mix out of a bag, and sliced french bread (about an inch wide slices) toasted with garlic butter and some of the same cheese sprinkled on it.
you might notice, theres no real measuring involved here, all cooks only use them as a guide any way. play with it. have fun and enjoy.

Great Recipe to try Richard.You are detailed in your intsructions i will definitely try this,i can feel your passion in cooking.
yes I understand you when you said you just play with it, as we get comfortable in our kitchen or since we are already experienced cook for our own food,we tend to "eyeball" our ingredients or approximate amounts of ingredients,I am also eyeballing mine in the kitchen as it is faster method because the one im cooking are foods ive been cooking all my life :blush:.or say as im always cooking i already know how to estimate a cup of ,a tablespoon or teaspoon of so and ..we can never fail with a "Taste test"

note:I dont reject precise measurement..but like Richard ,i also tweak my food preparation.

thanks Apple,
for those that may be first timers..
A quick tip . I play with my seasonings mixing them and adding others a lot for when I cook..
so to save some time,
what I do is mix them first, and then taste them to check how they play with each other.
once I'm happy, I will use an empty seasoning container, to store the unused portion of the seasoning mix in, for future use with a tape label( you can mark down what you added and how much to the original seasoning mix also). that way I'll have it for the next time.

Richard 's photo
Fri 02/11/22 09:16 AM
Edited by Richard on Fri 02/11/22 09:36 AM
sorry Apple, I did not really describe it properly. but yes its all cooked together with the egg plant and squash added in last so they dont get over cooked. first the sayote because it takes a little longer
it's really more of a pan fry, then stir fry
with a garlic, onion, bell pepper, soy (chili optional) seasoning base.
I trim the fat from the meat to use to season the pan first. once it's cooked down I remove it and add garlic(2 or 3 decent sized cloves) about half an onion minced, pepper, bell pepper and a beaf caldo cube and soy sauce and once once the veggies used for seasoning are cooked down and the caldo's dissolved.
I add the meat and wait till it is about half cooked
to start adding the vegetables. some other optional. vegetables are sugar peas, mushrooms carrots, zucchini. but the base vegitables are always the eggplant and sayote. goat was the meat source most often used.. the sayote and eggplant is cubed in large bite size chunks, and added last because you want them cooked but still firm.

Richard 's photo
Thu 02/10/22 08:33 PM
thats good crystal, but you might add a small cheat day. during the week. it will help prevent rebound.( ask your dietitian)

Richard 's photo
Thu 02/10/22 08:22 PM
Edited by Richard on Thu 02/10/22 08:24 PM
in my book omi, is a hero virus, it spread faster then the last wave of delta infecting more people with a milder version of covid heading off and completely halting the last delta wave in most cases. remember this winter was supposed to be the ultimate winter of death. but then omi started spreading to vaxed and pre-exposed as well as non vaxed/exposed giving everyone fresh new natural antibodies . and the delta serge basically slowed to a halt.
the news dint know how to handle it, because people were recovering from OMI faster then it could be studied . and now the OMI wave is already receding. as more and more nations are canceling all covid restrictions and mandates. biden and fauci are still trying to hold on.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25