Community > Posts By > Richard

Richard 's photo
Thu 08/10/23 06:23 PM
I've been gone a while, a lot of junk fell on my shoulders, the duster is still driving me nuts. turns over strong, but has no fire. I changed everything but the distributer. I'll probably have to take it to the shop, had have them tell me what I have wired wrong LOL
starting to make head way on the Aspen, (I'm stripping the S/E for parts).
the red monte, I've decided I'll sell, and I might sell the blue one too I dunno. I need to let some one, that has the time to do the rust repairs have it I have new floor pans and carpet. but too many irons in the fire and not enough time and or money for everything.
thats life.

Richard 's photo
Thu 04/13/23 11:44 AM

Im looking for a totaled dakota 91-96 with the magnum 5.2 or 5.9 and a 727 trans to put in the duster, they are the most modern direct fit engine choices. I also just ordered a hood scoop for it to complete its got muscle looks,
hey lonely, congrats on getting the jeep sounds like a pretty solid find, what year??
share some pics if you can

the Jeep has proven to be pretty AWESOME! but has an electrical drain i havent took time to find, its a 1998, and belongs to female friend.

i want another Jeep, i once worked on a lot at shop i worked at, specialized in Jeeps, mine was crushed by tree few years ago, it was a 2 door, 5 speed, with 4 cylinder, but driving hers made me want 1. I do have a project 4wd, a 1988 GMC originally a V6, has a 350, was automatic, has a granny gear 4 speed, was 2wd, now 4wd, lol, but needs quite a bit fixed on it, and im too broke to fix, plus limited spare time.

the GMC sounds like a fun project, or at least it will be. just seen a Jimmy on a lot for 5G's. but I was more tempted by the 68 cuda formula J sitting next to it for 10 LOL;-).
I think I might need professional, help ;-)

Richard 's photo
Fri 01/06/23 04:06 AM
Im looking for a totaled dakota 91-96 with the magnum 5.2 or 5.9 and a 727 trans to put in the duster, they are the most modern direct fit engine choices. I also just ordered a hood scoop for it to complete its got muscle looks,
hey lonely, congrats on getting the jeep sounds like a pretty solid find, what year??
share some pics if you can

Richard 's photo
Tue 10/18/22 02:17 PM

Just for the fun of it...
Always seems it's either-or, but maybe you are and-and:

Are you a Trekkie, into Star Trek, OR are you a die-hard Star Wars follower?

OT - Myself, I'm a Trekkie, but I don't watch everything Star Trek that comes out.

Star Wars isn't for me. I tried 1 movie to please my then-partner. I almost dozed off and all I was doing was watch the clock to see if the ordeal was about to be over.
In the end I couldn't bear it anymore and I just told him and left to do something else :smile:

I'm general Sci Fi if it involves space/ fighters/warfair, I'm in it.
not a fan of what disney is doing to either star trek or star wars.
but star trek does not have an established story line. it jumps all over the place.

while star wars was under lucas, everything produced generally fit together to tell the story past/present/ future. ad I really liked that about the star wars universe.

but, disney turned that time line on it's head and changed the plot.
after last jedi trilogy, they tried to repair the damage.
but it was so bad, I have a hard time caring.

trek did the same thing with it's alternate universe (Kelvin time line) but it has gone into the multiverse before. so it's an easier adjustment.
I had the same issues with the battle star galactica relaunch..

guess I would be more incined to fallow trek. but not like I did with next gen -voyager

Richard 's photo
Tue 10/04/22 05:29 PM

Most of the books I've read were hardcover without jackets.
When I belonged to the Science Fiction Book Club I bought books based on authors mainly.

When I converted to electronic format I reaquired the works I liked best and supplemented with more from the same author.

Many of the short stories I like have no cover art.

Recently I've been grabbing audio books. On youtube the cover art sometimes shows on the video but I don't 'watch the video' I listen to it.

The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_gqOk5A7T4

THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS - FULL AudioBook (by Kenneth Grahame)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU3L62OomvQ

Jack Reacher Series Worth Dying For Audiobook By Lee Child
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2vFQR5o_s

authors and by series.
. I like sci fi /war fare/ vengeance.
some series I have read

mack bolan is kinda like the punisher.

battle tech, loosely based on the robotech lay out based after the fall of the star league.

hammers slammer, futuristic mercenaries, hired as military support. when a planetary government, needs things settled fast.
BOLO's
self aware (or semi self aware, depending on what part of their history the story takes place in) super tanks.

jungle tracks: semi fiction, based on viet nam era tank war fare.
I need books that have a lot of action, to hold my attention. long drawn out dialog puts me to sleep.

star wars books on tape are great for that. ;-) LOL

Richard 's photo
Tue 10/04/22 05:00 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 10/04/22 05:08 PM
my opinion, best shows to ever come from nickelodeon.
Avitar, and legend of korra the live action movie was a verry abridged version of book 1. it was done OK for the amount they had to tell, in the short time they had to tell it. I think it would have been nice if they finished the set though.
I have the animations on DVD. and the animation is the way to go, it has much richer story line and full character development.
but ,if you just want a ball park idea what we are talking about. the live action will do that for you.

Richard 's photo
Mon 10/03/22 12:49 PM
just started DARK MATTER, it's on the CW on demand channel ON roku. also trying krypton. but have not really gotten into it.

Richard 's photo
Mon 10/03/22 12:44 PM
I was only able to see one episode, it was enough to spark my interest, but I'll have to wait for the season 1 DVD release.

Richard 's photo
Sat 10/01/22 12:41 PM
Edited by Richard on Sat 10/01/22 12:43 PM
no one has any favorite channels to suggest on roku??
just strted watching Dark matter, space 1999, plex, had a bunch of newer movies, but I'm finding being drawn more to whats on the classic channels. especially the old westerns I used to watch as a kid.
and I'm finding some decent Anime too.

Richard 's photo
Sat 10/01/22 12:35 PM

The X Files were pretty cool. And the Sopranos. Or Love/Hate

thanks I dint see it listed, I'll take another look. use to love that X-files.. started watching project blue book. baased on government declassified siting files ;-)

Richard 's photo
Thu 09/29/22 02:39 PM
Edited by Richard on Thu 09/29/22 02:41 PM
bought me a roku, it is free to use and I'm finding thre is way more there, then I'll ever have time to watch.

draw back... it has commercials like regular TV

Richard 's photo
Wed 09/21/22 03:19 PM
Edited by Richard on Wed 09/21/22 03:22 PM

The X Files were pretty cool. And the Sopranos. Or Love/Hate

thanks I dint see it listed, I'll take another look. use to love that X-files.. started watching project blue book. baased on government declassified siting files ;-)

Richard 's photo
Wed 09/21/22 03:11 PM

nno clue. is this a brit box or euro show???

Nope, Game of Thrones is an American fantasy drama series. It originally aired on HBO.

Yeah, Americans paid for it (HBO) but it only had one US actor: Peter Dinklage.
All the rest of the cast is (mostly) British or otherwise European.
The story is also loosely based on UK's history.

Not unlike Diana Gabaldon (American) writing "Outlander" series and having the tv series based on her books.

All in all it's a bit odd to not know it, or at least have heard of it, because of this:
Game of Thrones became the most in-demand series in over 100 countries around the world.

It was even popular in Asia.

@DM can it be watched where you are? I'm not up to speed anymore with where the common people have telly or not.

yah I've heard of game of thrones, never seen any of it, just was not interested enough to buy the DVD's if the series. I guess.

Richard 's photo
Wed 09/21/22 03:07 PM
Edited by Richard on Wed 09/21/22 03:14 PM

Nope, Game of Thrones is an American fantasy drama series. It originally aired on HBO.
LOL K thought more literally GoT was a show title.
not G.O.T. thanks.
I was thinking it was cloak and dagger or true crime type series.

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/20/22 05:26 PM

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/20/22 05:22 PM
tried some Sr. living frozen dinners ( stuff sent home for elderly patients during recovery)
it tasted like it was rotten. my aunts dog would not even eat it. tost it all out and baught a bunch of banquet TV dinners for her.

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/20/22 05:11 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 09/20/22 05:13 PM
I lived as a boarder right out of highschool, untill I could find a room mate to split rent with..

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/20/22 05:03 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 09/20/22 05:06 PM

A movie to have fun with, my go to movie is "Smokey and the Bandit".

convoy and breaker breaker are fun too.

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/20/22 02:28 PM

I'm Chris looking for a nice woman somewhere near Eugene/Springfield Oregon. would love to hear from you

I have a thread asking people to list things to do here. but not many responses. Mary is good people. we send messages from time to time. just to see whats going on.

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/20/22 02:12 PM

Earthsea free on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMnR2nVpqb8

leona

isnt that a SY FY mini series?? just askin, dint know there was a movie as well.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25