Community > Posts By > Richard

Richard 's photo
Thu 03/24/22 03:17 PM

Working on my Suzuki samurai today. Having hell figuring why it won't idle

Air flow meter? Could need to be cleaned.

Clogged fuel injectors??

Fuel pump? Low pressure? Or not enough flow?

Running a Toyota carb which is a simple older style with no electronics and a mechanical fuel pump which is working fine. Checked for vacuum leaks and eliminated that.

could be a dirty filter. is the carb showing that it is getting fuel?
how long have you run it with the toy carb?? could it be he Idle adjustment or float adjustment being too lean??

Richard 's photo
Thu 03/24/22 06:18 AM

My brother is into old Chevey trucks. I remember his first truck. That thing was ugly. It was the 70's and we had to put a new engine in. We did that in our back yard.

lol an ugly truck just means it earns it's keep
did you help with the transplant??

Richard 's photo
Thu 03/24/22 06:05 AM
i have pic

check your circute blocks in you fuse box under the hood. (the plug in squares blocks. ) one should be for your fuel control.. theres also one that kills your ignition system if it's faulty, it will run until you let off the gas, and then die.

Good info and seems you know your stuff. I am running a Toyota 4k carb right now

not eally a mechanic it's just a problem I find pretty common in a lot of what I refer to as newer cars. that use electric fuel pumps and computers, stuff I picked up trouble shooting
not sure if it is your issue. but it sounds like it might be,

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/23/22 07:11 PM

check your circute blocks in you fuse box under the hood. (the plug in squares blocks. ) one should be for your fuel control.. theres also one that kills your ignition system if it's faulty, it will run until you let off the gas, and then die.

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/22/22 12:14 PM

Richard 's photo
Mon 03/21/22 08:40 AM

Those things happen. Looks like a nice cruiser though

yah had a blow out on the left front tire that sucked it right into the retaining wall.
I basically traded it strait across for my T-bird.
lucked out, and a guy who needed the parts to fix his dart seen me where the tow truck dropped me..

Richard 's photo
Sun 03/20/22 06:12 PM
Edited by Richard on Sun 03/20/22 06:18 PM
this was the first wagon I built

and after hitting a wall at 70 miles an hour

Richard 's photo
Sun 03/20/22 06:06 PM
Edited by Richard on Sun 03/20/22 06:07 PM
hello, .and welcome. I hope you take the time to view and read the boards. for example in food and recipes there is a thread on favorite Philipino food, you might enjoy sharing some dishes on.
I dunno?? but there are a lot of other things that might interest you. if not that.
hope you have a good time here.

Richard 's photo
Sun 03/20/22 05:26 PM
Edited by Richard on Sun 03/20/22 05:44 PM

hey guys so today I liked someone and we matched but that guy texted me saying "sorry can't date you because I know you are after money" so I didn't reply to him anything but here is what I think most white people think black women are after money yes some ask for money immediately but others we are here to search for our soulmate we are here to find love,know someone before judging them to find someone who truly appreciate you here in a dating site is really hard because you give someone your number then they start asking for nude pictures that's really bad but my main concern is stop judging people before you know them

we only have a photo and what people say to us, to go by.
and many people lie. and try to take advantage of others.
not meaning any offence. but until you get to know the other person.
you dont know how many guy's have pretended to be women, to try to get his personal info or get him to send money.

dont assume, that it is because he seen a picture of an atrctive black lady, and that was the reason for his reaction, just because his photo is of a white guy..
after all, in order to be matched, you both have had to expressed possible interest in each other. so that would indicate, the opposite was true.

you mentioned he texted you..
the site recommends strongly that we do not exchange personal contact info, as that is a way that scammer's use to take advantage. by getting members off site.

if you asked him to text you, that may be the reason for his response.
from the welcome message you received when you joined from mingle2
To make the most of your experience here, please follow these simple guidelines.

Be safe. Everything you need to contact people is available on the site. Be suspicious of people that message you and want to talk to you offsite via phone, email or IM in their first contact with you. .

Richard 's photo
Sun 03/20/22 04:22 PM

Hi Joovisst,

Biden has released $800 million towards military expenses for Ukraine. Since Kyiv is surrounded how does any equipment get in / out? Just thinking aloud.

not for nothing but, the 800 million assistance package, was confirmed from the white house
here is a link, listing everything it includes.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/03/16/fact-sheet-on-u-s-security-assistance-for-ukraine/?msclkid=cdbc0a5ca8a311ecbfa713382faeac75

Richard 's photo
Sat 03/19/22 07:38 PM

Richard 's photo
Sat 03/19/22 07:26 PM
Edited by Richard on Sat 03/19/22 07:28 PM

Nice cars all round. I gotta finish my 77 GMC to use and show !
progress photos are sometimes cool too.
I got all the melted plastic and most the burnt wires removed, and got a set of proper fixed back buckets for my work wagon. but they have the wrong track mounts.
guess I'll have to ask if I can get a set for them. when I pick up my other new toys.
(going to have 7 cars now for a while at least.)

Richard 's photo
Fri 03/18/22 01:27 PM

QUICK TIP

a lemon or two will take away the gamey taste from game

interesting.. thanks. personally.. I like to use the grill and the smoke also tends to remove or cover it.
but, then again, maybe thats just because I like the taste of venison and elk.

Richard 's photo
Fri 03/18/22 11:55 AM
Edited by Richard on Fri 03/18/22 11:56 AM
just thought since theres not much going on in
my search to actually meet people.
I thought I'ld start a thread to help others meet locally, in a common ground environment.
so if you live inthe area, what are some of the things/events/ locations you like to do or go to

I like to rent a kayak, and drift fish the river , or ride along the west bank bike paths that link eugene to springfield

I enjoy the many summer time car events the area offeres. function for junction is the largest one. but I some times enter one of my drivers in th the springfield cruiz or coburg cruize as well.
alten baker offeres music in the park concerts and walk in movies.

now that I've started the thread off, who's next.

Richard 's photo
Fri 03/18/22 11:23 AM
Edited by Richard on Fri 03/18/22 11:26 AM
spring has sprung.. I belong to local car club, and theres a weekly cruiz-in at one of the local malls.
I'll be posting more pics like this from time to time.
the sign in the back ground is a local bus from our public transit system. LOL

Richard 's photo
Fri 03/18/22 10:54 AM
Edited by Richard on Fri 03/18/22 11:06 AM

actually it is named the stealth variant “as certain genetic traits make it more difficult to identify as Omicron on diagnostic testing”. It has nothing to do with virility . :thumbsup:

yes, in technical terms you are correct blondie, in why it is called stealth.
how ever, it is those markers/traits that further dilutes and moves it further away from the original covid 19 virus.( that makes it an even weaker strain of OMI.
(which is what I meant when I said it is so mild it is difficult to detect) and allows easier for it to not be effected by the boosters being given. so the covid positive counts are going back up.
while risk from those counts are still dropping.

Richard 's photo
Thu 03/17/22 04:04 PM

Mine's better.

Looks like my old 55 chevy behind it.

LOL, pictures show more than words.
show whatcha got.

I would show mine but since the camo paint job I haven't been able to find it.
LOL how you know it's still there then?

Richard 's photo
Thu 03/17/22 03:48 PM
Edited by Richard on Thu 03/17/22 04:02 PM

Mine's better.

Looks like my old 55 chevy behind it.

LOL, pictures show more than words.
show whatcha got.
something else I saw.

Richard 's photo
Thu 03/17/22 01:04 PM
a local corvette thats running around town.

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/16/22 02:21 PM
Edited by Richard on Wed 03/16/22 02:28 PM

And the ones that have difficulty with this should watch "Roots" again, and again, and again, until they can image themselves in their shoes. Being raped, whipped, hit, locked up, chained, maimed like having your foot chopped off for attempting to run away, etc. etc.
Maybe you feel slightly different then.

And I know many Americans do feel differently, not addressing them, so if you're one of those, please ignore this!
christal I'm sorry to say, in this case.
I would recommend in this case, that you watch roots again and again. including the rarely seen second chapter of the original mini series.
and then watch the documentary TRAIL OF TEARS,
and study your own national history. on how your countrymen treated each other.
we humans all have blood on our hands, it is not a unique situation. raping and plundering was how the world worked. and no ones past history is clean of it.
you can even look to present day africa and the middle east. where such barbary still is a part of their every day existence.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25