Community > Posts By > Richard

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/16/22 01:42 PM
Edited by Richard on Wed 03/16/22 01:56 PM

First off; It was FORTY acres and a mule. An idea that was put forward by general Sherman but NEVER materialized.

Second; The idea that freed slaves could just "get on the boat that brought them and go back", after three hundred years of slavery, is the most preposterous idea I've ever seen put in print.

my first would be if the african slavers had not sold their captives from rival tribes to the whites that shipped them here.
they would have been killed in africa. instead of working in america as slaves.

second, blacks were not the only slaves in america, scotts, irish, and whelch were also brought here as colonial slaves.
there were also asians brought here as slaves. and even american indians or natives if you prefer.

all of their decedents owe their existence to what happened to those forced conditions of their past.

because, if it did not happen the way it did, most of us living here now would not exist.

so instead of hating the WHY we exist. we all should be thankful.
because that dark history, made it possible for every single one of us that are descended from that past to live here and now ,as free men.

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/16/22 09:29 AM
Edited by Richard on Wed 03/16/22 09:36 AM

According to the FBI most hate crimes are committed AGAINST African-Americans. They also reported the uptick in Asian-American hate crimes have increased, with more than half being committed by whites, 21% by African-Americans. Research is your friend when you want to spout off.

And before you say that’s because there are more whites than blacks in this country, I’ll just say you missed my point.

consider your self a lawyer, bringing a case of assult before a judge, and it is your job to get your client the most damages you can.
would you have the greater chance of making a hate crime charge stick, even if hate was not the cause of the assult, if you client is white, or black.

also keeping in mind if you try to make the case, and fail, you and your client loose the case. and your client may end up with nothing. but jail time for the person who assaulted him.

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/16/22 08:55 AM

You're equating the actions of one man to that of an entire race???? That's the same as saying all women are stuck-up biotches cause one turned you down for a date.

but is that not the same thing BLM does on a regular basis. condemn all whites, for the actions of a few. while ignoring the same actions made by black officers on white people, in the commission of their duties.
in this case he is not accusing all black people of thiese acts, he is simply asking them the question as to why .

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/16/22 08:41 AM
Edited by Richard on Wed 03/16/22 08:43 AM

Russia has sanctioned the Bidens and other west politicians. They are no longer allowed to enter Russia!
The only one who cares is Hunter Biden, if Ukraine in the future will be included in this sanction. I hope they will loose a lot of money with that.

it is not just hunter, it is his uncle john, big daddy joe, with ties to Obama and hillery as well.
this could turn into a major political melt down.
if all the records are revealed. including whats on hunters confiscated laptop now in the FBI's hands for over a year, un opened..
loosing money would be the least of their problems.

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/15/22 01:09 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 03/15/22 01:15 PM

A sub-variant of Omicron, called BA.2, is now thought to be the most common strain in most of the UK.

The ONS says it's too early to say what's behind the rise in cases.

But some scientists believe the BA.2 variant's increased transmissibility, recent easing of restrictions and waning immunity from the vaccines could all be factors."

this is the stealth veriant, so named because it is so mild it is verry difficult to detect
and it is the most like the common cold,so the vaccines have no effect. which is why it transmitted much more easily.
as before, they are trying to hype numbers to try to generate fear to stay relevant and protect their funding..

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/15/22 09:24 AM

UNESCO World Heritage Sites were created in 1978 by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). They began designating important sites around the globe as part of an effort to preserve the world’s cultural and natural heritage. The current list of World Heritage Sites includes 1,153 properties as of 2021.

Contrary to some internet rumors, sites are not owned or controlled by the United Nations or UNESCO. National Parks and other historic sites are not owned by UNESCO or the UN. They are usually owned by the local government and a few are in private hands. Member states have to apply to have a site listed and no site can be listed without the approval of the host country. The only power which UNESCO has is to have a site delisted as a World Heritage Site, which has happened so far twice in its history.

UNESCO World Heritage Sites In The United States Of America
UNESCO Site Location Year of Inscription Type
Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site Missouri 1982 Cultural
Carlsbad Caverns National Park New Mexico 1995 Natural
Chaco Culture National Historical Park New Mexico 1987 Cultural
Everglades National Park Florida 1979 Natural
Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Alaska 1979 Natural
Grand Canyon National Park Arizona 1979 Natural
Great Smoky Mountains National Park Tennessee 1983 Natural
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Hawaii 1987 Natural
Independence Hall Pennsylvania 1979 Cultural
La Fortaleza and San Juan Puerto Rico 1983 Cultural
Mammoth Cave National Park Kentucky 1981 Natural
Mesa Verde National Park Colorado 1978 Cultural
Monticello and the University of Virginia-Charlottesville Virginia 1987 Cultural
Monumental Earthworks of Poverty Point Louisiana 2014 Cultural
Olympic National Park Washington 1981 Natural
Papahānaumokuākea Hawaii 2010 Mixed
Redwood National and State Parks California 1980 Natural
San Antonio Missions Texas 2015 Cultural
Statue of Liberty New York 1984 Cultural
Taos Pueblo New Mexico 1992 Cultural
Waterton Glacier International Peace Park Montana 1995 Natural
Yellowstone National Park Wyoming, Montana, Idaho 1978 Natural
Yosemite National Park California 1984 Natural

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/15/22 09:13 AM
Edited by Richard on Tue 03/15/22 09:17 AM

The transfer of MG-29's, or any other military aid to Ukraine, from any country worldwide including NATO should be done covertly, NOT overtly.

If China gives military aid (or if it already has) of any kind to Russia it won't be done publicly or openly.

When NATO countries, especially the US, announces ANY action they will take they are giving Putin a strategic advantage.

Telegraphing what REACTIONS will be taken if an authoritarian takes military actions gives the advantage to the aggressor. Aggressors like criminals don't follow laws, don't care about laws, negotiating with them is an exercise in futility. They are ONLY stopped by force, not "diplomacy".

Was the US trying to have Poland as a scapegoat (it's not escape goat) or was Poland trying to use the US as a scapegoat? It really doesn't matter if either was attempting to scapegoat the other.....the transfer of MG-29's should have NEVER been made public. Putin is the ONLY interested party that benefited from the transfer NOT happening.

my understanding from what I heard. poland offered their migs in hopes of getting US fighters for their air force in return.

it's like the old NATO lend lease programs. to offer aid to defend. just standard operating procedure.
I still think the whole invasion all a political shell game of miss direction. and it's not the first one that cost innocent peoples lives. to further the goals of people in power.

Richard 's photo
Mon 03/14/22 08:46 AM
Edited by Richard on Mon 03/14/22 08:47 AM

Endgame!

“Ukraine will never be a victory for Putin,” Biden said as he announced a U.S. ban on Russian energy imports on Tuesday.

long after the trade markets had already stopped trading in russian oil leaving it un touched and un sold.
I guess since biden had no choice, he finally decided to make the existing ban the market place, placed on it "OFFICIAL".

Richard 's photo
Sat 03/12/22 05:09 AM

our oil reserves are wells on federal lands that have been capped, not tanks of oil just sitting waiting to be delivered.
so he authorized its release, fine.. over how long of a period of time. months or years?

They're not capped wells, but underground storage caverns. Found in a 10-second Google search.
https://www.energy.gov/fecm/strategic-petroleum-reserve-9
\
a rose by any other name is still a rose
its a hole in the ground made to allow access to available oil not being used. and would require seals to be opened to pump it back out,

Richard 's photo
Fri 03/11/22 03:55 PM
Edited by Richard on Fri 03/11/22 03:58 PM
juan hernandes walks in to the police station,

hey... hey man, I wanna report a stolen car..

desk officer, so who's car you steal.

juan, yer funny man , it was my ride that got stolen.

officer: sorry, all right, I have the form, can you describe it

juan, yah man.. its a 64 chevy
candy rootbeer brown with pin stripes, and gold leaf vine patterns.
it has 12 inch wire wheels, and sits perfect at a 2 inch ride height,
the plate says cruzin.

officer, OK jaun that should help a lot.
when was it stolen..
juan: I'm not fer sure man.. it happened while I was gone fer a couple weeks. and I juz got home this morning.
it could have happened over a week ago I guess.

officer, well juan, we'll do the best we can... but in that time it could be over the boarder and cut up for parts.
jaun, tears in his eyes,

no the boarders too far, theres still time to catch them.

officer trying to calm juan down, I'm sorry.. but with the popularity of that model, and the way you have it dressed up. it is a good bet that it was taken over the boarder.

juan, you really think so hugh officer..

officer , yes juan I really do.

juan, them Darn canadians, why they have to come all the way down here to los angeles
...to steal my ride.
why not steal one from washington.
( So Cal humor)

Richard 's photo
Fri 03/11/22 02:54 PM
Edited by Richard on Fri 03/11/22 03:25 PM

Covid deaths probably three times higher than records say

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60690251?xtor=ES-208-[50828_NEWS_NLB_ACT_WK10_fri_11_mar]-20220311-[bbcnews_coronavirus_newshealth_deaths]

"More than 18 million people - three times higher than official records suggest - have probably died because of Covid, say researchers.

Their report comes two years to the day from when the World Health Organization first declared the pandemic."

It is not over yet, in the UK 142 people died yesterday (10.03.2022) and nearly 80,000 new infections daily, this pandemic still has has a long way to run in my opinion. Hopefully there will be another Covid booster before next winter, I already receive my winter flu jab each year, better safe than sorry.

again , that depends on the researchers.
since they have stopped counting people that simply show up with covid. as people there because of covid.
numbers have dropped to about 1/4 of what they were.

and about 40% of them are break through cases of people fully vaxed and boosted.
the ones that keep hyping the higher numbers, are the ones that have been invested in pushing counts from the start.
just fallow who's been making the most money off of it. these people dont want to loose their government funding.
but, eventually they too will have to give up on the lies we have been told.
as more and more of the facts they canceled are continually proven true.

Richard 's photo
Fri 03/11/22 02:43 PM

Hi Richard! 7,5 pounds does sounds great, but it's pounds, I'm programmed in kilos. We also have a metric pound btw, which is 500grs. A little more than the imperial pound.

In any case... yesterday told my daughter I seemed to be stuck on the same weight. Or the scales were stuck rather, haha.
But during this weight-loss journey I have noticed it not only can go up and down a bit but also stand still for a bit and then suddenly, overnight, there's another pound or kilo gone!

That happened from yesterday to today. Weighed yesterday, no further loss. I was getting discouraged.
Then just now decided to weigh again, which I don't usually do so fast after the last time, but I somehow felt 'emptier', lighter.
Stepped on the scales, and hooray!! A kilo gone!!
Now fingers crossed it doesn't go up and down again now, haha.

And getting discouraged is not necessary really as it's about 1,5 months since I started (Jan 29th) and already 3,8 kilos gone! That's a lot.
So I'm now 2 metric ounces short of 4 kilos weight loss.

3,8 kilos = 8,4 pounds :D

LOL, I feel I loose and gain that every day crystal, just putting my keys in my pocket and taking them out.. ( I got to have all my work Keys every day.)
summers coming and springs almost here. so we will be shaking off our winter coats soon.
aand getting more active, now that all restrictions will finally be gone.

Richard 's photo
Fri 03/11/22 10:15 AM

Is Putin's responsible for gas prices?

So says Biden, releasing 30 Million Barrels of Oil From Reserves to Blunt Gas Prices

(30 Mil, India's total oil cap)

“I want you to know that we are going to be okay,” he said.

our oil reserves are wells on federal lands that have been capped, not tanks of oil just sitting waiting to be delivered.
so he authorized its release, fine.. over how long of a period of time. months or years?

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/09/22 07:36 PM
Edited by Richard on Wed 03/09/22 07:42 PM
LOL Apple.. usually just spending time at friends homes I would some times help in the kitchen, my teachers were usually class mates, their sisters or their moms.
but cooking is all ways a great way to be comfortable around the women of the house.

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/09/22 02:17 PM
Edited by Richard on Wed 03/09/22 02:57 PM

mean while we are still pumping roughly 2.5 thousand barrels less per day then we were prior to biden taking office from the wells that are already capable of supplying the oil we need.
these are existing wells, not undeveloped permitted sites, that were shut down by joe Bidens green energy council. rather then be allowed to continue to supply US oil. to the US.

The decline in oil production is mostly due to effects of COVID-19, and the oil industry is still sitting on thousands of drilling permits on federal land and countless more on private & state land. Even if we're down by 2.5 thousand barrels/day, that's not even a rounding error of the 11 million barrels/day produced. I don't know why you're crying about oil production under Biden when he's done more in his first year for it than Trump did in his first year. The US is still a net exporter of oil and likely to increase over 2022 and '23 to record levels.
oil production was classified as an essential industry , and there by not effected by the covid shut downs.
demand dropped off. but so did oil imports. domestic production for fuels was still intact, which is why more oil was being produced bidens first year.. but it dropped off after biden put his policies inplace, reducing domestic out put,infavor of increased importation. this was a campaigned promise he made to the environmental left while he was running for presedent. that when picked up on, he and harris openly deigned, while privately still supported and was caught speaking about cutting fossil fuels multiple times prior to being elected, and made clear once taking office .

now, about trumps first year... which is it??
trump rolling back Clinton and Obama era regulations on oil production destroying environmental protections they put in place.. as was the out cry.

or trump didnt immediately start the process of making oil more readily available? for his big oil buddies
you cant have it both ways.
if the US was producing millions of bbls a day. we would be independent. dont confuse what we use with what we produce.

Richard 's photo
Wed 03/09/22 01:57 PM
hey Don, that would be cool, if you know where it is, and they took good care of it.
I lost track of my old duster . it was turned into a quarter mile car by the person wh bought it from me.
last I seen it, it was doing nastalgia class in woodburn. but that was a few years back.

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/08/22 06:19 PM

The only thing I would want is to have my eyes lasered again.
I am considering it. Haven't done it yet as it would've meant needing reading glasses for close up and I wasn't that far with needing those yet. She showed me what it'd be like, it didn't appeal to me, so I decided to wait a few years.

does it mean Lasered Eye wears off Sparkling?
yes Laser or LASIK is what i was considering to have after one major surgery as it is more urgent (internal) than my eyes.Been canvassing LASIK cost already and of course from reputable Clinic,tho partly Im scared having an eye procedure,Othinking like what if it will be overcorrected or undercorrected or ill gonna go blind.

I had my right eye fixed, they replaced the Lense and removed the cataract. my left eye is now getting fogged over. but I'm putting it off, for a lil while more.
I'm still irritated.. wheres the infra red telephoto 100X zoom. we were promised we should have by now??

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/08/22 06:03 PM
today I ran errands for the boss, finished up an apartment. replaced the stove and fridge. then changed the locks on another one.
spent a little time typing on PM's. tomorrow, I'll start tear out on another apartment in prep for a full renovation. it will take up about a week to a week and a half of my time start to finish. depending on what else gets shuffled into my days.

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/08/22 05:22 PM
I think I've found a few friends here.. too bad they live thousands of miles away with an ocean suppurating us.

Richard 's photo
Tue 03/08/22 04:25 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 03/08/22 04:26 PM

That he was black had nothing to do with my opinions of his policies.

my favorite come back to are you asking me that because I'm black. is are you asking me that because you assume I'm white.
try it some time..it's fun to see the reactions.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25