Community > Posts By > GLrider

GLrider's photo
Fri 06/21/13 04:04 PM
I know the feeling. I wasn't married until age 33. Many women treat a never married man like poison. It's almost like a grudge they hold. Sort of like, "How dare you not be married, and suffer like we did with kids and a mortgage. You don't know what life is all about!" Really, it seems like that.
In general people claim they aren't prejudice, until someone different crosses their path. And they can't handle it.

GLrider's photo
Fri 06/21/13 03:32 PM
welcome aboard.happy

GLrider's photo
Thu 06/20/13 07:48 PM
Very touching. I think you need a hug.

GLrider's photo
Thu 06/20/13 07:41 PM
Just because I'm over fifty, it doesn't mean that my interests are set in concrete. There's lots of new things I'd like to try. Mostly I'd like to find a lady for a companion. Now because of my age, I tend to be a bit biased, and I wonder how active an excessively overweight woman is. Aching joints, bad backs, does not give me grand expectations of an active social life. And yes, I'd still want to have a cuddle buddy.smooched

GLrider's photo
Thu 06/20/13 06:12 PM
Mine is nothing in comparison to all of yours. I wish you all patience in dealing with your issues.

My now ex asked for a divorce. I didn't know why, and she wouldn't tell me. To this day I still don't know for certain.

I gave up trying to find out long ago. I deserve better.

GLrider's photo
Thu 06/20/13 04:18 PM

Interesting observations.

I wonder now if that has anything to do with the way I am. My parents respected one another, and make decisions jointly. My father didn't expect certain things from my mother. He never ordered her to do anything. She was equal to him in every way. That was the way he wanted it.

I knew grown ups who seemed like that when I was young, but my parents were a little more in the model where my dad was the boss

I did not see a lot of joint decision making as a child. I had to learn that on my own

that sounds like a great relationship that your folks had

Thank you.
They did. Divorce was not a consideration for them. I've tried to treat any woman I've met in my life that way. Some, I think didn't know how to handle that about me. A few accused me of having a hidden agenda. Its their loss, I guess.

GLrider's photo
Thu 06/20/13 04:04 PM
To see if could find myself.

Has anyone seen me lately?waving

GLrider's photo
Thu 06/20/13 03:49 PM
Mmm ok, as for myself, I have no idea if I'm attractive to the ladies. If you consider me good looking. I've hardly had any comments about my profile, good or bad. I've messaged a good many women, with no response. I haven't a clue as to why. I'm reasonably convinced that I'm not alone in this.
After a while, I've wondered if my messages are even glanced at.Or if they're even getting to where I've sent them to. So, I just don't bother. Why should I waste my time? Oh every so often, I'll try again. In the meantime, I do the forums.

Now, anytime a lady that has messaged me, I've answered. I think it's only polite to do so. And I'm very up front with anyone. If I like what I see in you profile I'll say so. Should I see a conflict in interests, or distance issues that make it not feesable, I'll say that too.

I've been told that women recieve more messages than is humanly possible to answer. I'll accept that, but what really is in the back of my mind is that some of you are just plain rude. If that's the case, then I wouldn't want to fool with you to begin with.

A friend of mine told me something I'll always remember-

What would you say to someone you don't like? Nothing.

GLrider's photo
Wed 06/19/13 07:00 PM
Interesting observations.

I wonder now if that has anything to do with the way I am. My parents respected one another, and make decisions jointly. My father didn't expect certain things from my mother. He never ordered her to do anything. She was equal to him in every way. That was the way he wanted it.

GLrider's photo
Wed 06/19/13 06:40 PM
Well, I'm not all the other men on here. I personally resent that observation.

Why? Because I pride myself on being different. I don't care to emulate others, hold court, or I have better toys than you. I could care less if I've impressed them or not. I don't speak badly of them, and I'll walk away from pi**ing contest, because I want no part of it. I'm not a win-lose type of person. Quite honestly, men can be da**ed boring to me.

I have a few close female friends that I'd much rather spend time with. And, they aren't "friends with benefits", because I respect them for who they are.

You really don't know me. Don't put me in a group and label me.

GLrider's photo
Wed 06/19/13 05:53 PM
Now beyond getting married, (a major mistake on my part), I'd have say that breaking my leg was about the biggist stupid thing I ever did

I broke it about 2 inches above my ankle, both bones, and put myself out of commission for one year. That's right, boys and girls, one year. Bones don't heal that fast way down there, as I found out.

Ever since then, I treasure walking. And I remember that day every year, since it happened. I've seen football players break legs playing, I flinch when I see it happen.

GLrider's photo
Tue 06/18/13 07:50 PM
You've ever done, and will admit to. Lets have a laugh or two. I've seen too many sad topics here lately.laugh

GLrider's photo
Tue 06/18/13 07:26 PM
Oh this looks like another train wreck. Shall we just invite the NSA in now?

GLrider's photo
Mon 06/17/13 09:07 PM

Illinois is nice but the women there are mean.

A big bunch of them escaped to Indiana. Our borders aren't patroled very well.

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/16/13 06:34 AM
Hmm, edited. A four letter word that stinks.

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/16/13 06:30 AM
****!

The hell with decoram. I've yet for anyone to admit to me that they voted for the idiot.

My main goal right now is coping with his moronic leadership.(If you can call it that)When the democratic media starts going after him, that's bad. If anything, it seems that business is trying to work thru all of the garbage, and distance themselves as best they can from government.

I keep telling myself that we will get thru this. What the end result will be is anyones guess.

GLrider's photo
Sat 06/15/13 06:00 PM
I'm currently searching for Honda GL1200 to trike out. I've been gathering parts and pieces for a couple months. My problem is, I could buy the parts, but I get real satisfaction in building my own.

GLrider's photo
Sat 06/15/13 07:32 AM
Being on here doesn't get my house clean, or my lawn mowed.rant

GLrider's photo
Sat 06/15/13 07:28 AM
I've got two of'em.

Its better to try and fail, than to be successful at doing nothing.

Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.

GLrider's photo
Sat 06/15/13 07:14 AM
Edited by GLrider on Sat 06/15/13 07:16 AM
Being tall is a plus with me. I like to dance more with a gal that I don't have to bend over for.

I've seen photos of women that look like they're setting themselves for old age. Come on now, hitting the half century mark does not mean that you must start looking like your grandmother.

Having a gripefest about players, guys that are trying to get into your pants, big zero's, one night stands, and basement dwellers are stoppers for me.

Four sentance descriptions of yourself doesn't get it with me. If you can sound like you're describing yourself to me, face to face, is a big plus. If you're really into something specific, like being a health nut, or saving the planet, fine. I'd like to know this before we waste our time messaging one another. You are trying to sell yourself to other prospective mates. If it requires you to do your profile over a peroid of a couple hours, write it on notepad offline, and do a cut and paste when you do get online. It do allow you to think about it.

I'll sit and read a long profile, and sometimes study on it. Seems to me we're all searching for prospective mates. It may just be me, but I'd like to know what I might be getting myself into.