Community > Posts By > GLrider

GLrider's photo
Fri 06/28/13 02:51 PM
Say asta looweegee and wave bye bye. waving

GLrider's photo
Fri 06/28/13 02:44 PM

Skydive!!!!

Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

But then, I have no desire to fly.

GLrider's photo
Wed 06/26/13 08:12 PM

But also...it's not realistic to think that anyone over 40 is EVER going to look like they did in high school. noway

So quit looking at the pictures of your football days...it just aint gonna happen. slaphead rofl

We can still be fit though. :thumbsup:

Not so. Granted, I'm thinning on top, and I'm sporting a few wrinkles, but I'm still a 34 waist.

And high school was just a mere 39 years ago.

GLrider's photo
Wed 06/26/13 02:17 PM
I'd say cut your losses and move on. If she's going to play with your feelings that much, she isn't worth it. And this is just once. Suppose that you do win her back? Somewhere along the line she will play your heartstrings again. You want to live like that?

Climb aboard your bike and head for the hills.

GLrider's photo
Wed 06/26/13 01:57 PM

If I may offer a different perspective.

Why are we (I speak of the female gender) so hard on the men we are interested in? Why must we make it so difficult for communication to happen? We say we want one thing but mentally we want something else. We set our male counterparts up for failure. It's unfair. I've had many conversations with amazingly intelligent men and when the conversation turns to "what is it that women really want out of a man?" they are completely clueless. I offer no solutions. I don't have an answer for why this happens. All I offer is hope that I don't set a potential friend up to fail.

Part of it, I think comes from the chase aspect some women want. They want to feel needed. If they don't act somewhat alouf, then it's a sign of being unattractive, or desperate. Now men, the persueor can get frustrated, and can feel just as desperate. Rather than coming off looking like that, we cut our losses and move on. I suspect that some men aren't as tough minded as women think we are.

GLrider's photo
Tue 06/25/13 03:57 PM
TOO MANY!!!!!
huh rant rant rant rant noway sad frustrated frustrated frustrated tearsgrumble grumble grumble

GLrider's photo
Mon 06/24/13 04:37 PM
The majority of the people I know seem to think so. Meh. What do they know?

GLrider's photo
Mon 06/24/13 04:16 PM
I beleve in both, blessings and luck. I'm blessed with work, and lucky enough to do be able to do it.

GLrider's photo
Mon 06/24/13 04:09 PM
My ex? I have XXXXX her out of my life. From what I've been told, she's going to get married again. I'm thinking of sending her new husband a sympathy card. pitchfork pitchfork pitchfork

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/23/13 07:02 PM
Amem, now to what I've seen in this thread.

I've read the responses to this, and I see a fair amount of prejudice rearing its ugly head. In the three years I've been divorced, I've dated one woman, and that was 7 months ago. By some, I'm eather too shy, or my standards are too high, or I want to live alone, Or I'm not fit in some way, shape, or form, to attract women.

What it really is- is that I'm trying to sort out now to go about dating in the present day. It's totally not like I remember, before I got married. When I got married to begin with, I thought, (foolishly) that I'd no longer need to keep up with the latest and greatest dating skills. That effort was changed into how to keep my then wife, and partner happy. Fat lotta good that did. I could sit here and shoot down people all day long for what they aren't. But I'm not going to. Once I know something about a particular person, then, I'll choose. It doesn't make any difference to me if she's never been married, or divorced 20 times. Or gone out yesterday with another guy, or her last date was 30 years ago.

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/23/13 06:20 PM

I have self confidence in myself but not my looks. Guys keep telling me I am not good looking enough so what's a gal to do? Such is life.

Well not all guys insist on good looks. And what kind of guy would tell a woman they are "not good looking enough."??? What is he looking for, a trophy wife? Arm candy?

Maybe you are choosing guys who think way too highly of themselves. LOL

...Or perhaps your own standards in the "good looks" department is too high and you are passing up great guys that don't measure up for you.

Nope; my standards for guys weren't high. I barely got dates; so I was never picky about who asked me out. LOL The guys I dated were far from good looking but they still didn't think I was good enough for them and yes they told me they wanted a prettier girl. I am not making this up. It devastated me when I was younger and I guess I never recovered. My friends couldn't figure it out either. Oh well; no point in beating myself up over it. Anyways; it doesn't matter anymore at my age as its all water under the bridge. I am lucky to be able to dedicate my time to my community; especially now while our city is in crisis.

Here's a little curious thing. And it's aimed right at Navygirl.

I've read your posts, looked at your photos. What I see is a very pretty girl with a mind and an opinion. I'd go running after you in a New York minute. There are good guys, nice guys out there, that would try to win your heart. IF, you would just open the door.

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/23/13 05:35 PM
Edited by GLrider on Sun 06/23/13 05:36 PM
For me it's automatic. I never smoke in someone elses house unless they do first. But then, around here where I live, public smoking is banned, even in the workplace.

Seems rather odd that included in that, is public parks, open statiums and such. But that's the laws, and I'm too cheap to pay a $50 illegal smoking ticket. Indiana got tough on smokers, too. Get this- Pitch a cigarette butt out your car window going down the road, and an anal cop sees you do it? Get ready to pay a $1,000 littering ticket! surprised surprised surprised

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/23/13 08:09 AM
Never had a horse, but I've built plenty of horse stalls in my time.

Can anyone tell me if horses are members of the termite family?

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/23/13 08:03 AM
Purina has always been good dog food. Many of my dogs have lived long lives on that stuff.

What to know a little secret? Old Roy, is made by Purina. Put the two together, and you can't tell the difference. Neither can your dog. But your wallet sure will!

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/23/13 07:51 AM
Start digging into a site call Dating Advice. Lots of good ideas to try. Sometimes it's the little things that can make a huge difference.

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/23/13 07:41 AM
Edited by GLrider on Sun 06/23/13 07:42 AM

I think its their loss that they won't take a chance on you. Me; I am a tough old military broad who scares the crap out of guys (they really are so insecure; lol) so I totally get why guys don't like me but why they aren't interested in you is puzzling. spock

You would be a challenge. I like women with hard line opinions. They're so much fun to argue with. flowerforyou

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/23/13 07:28 AM
It's a sorting process. Problem is, the BSer's find new ways to get what they want. It makes us a bunch of sceptics, and we manage to overlook the truely honest ones.

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/23/13 07:13 AM
Edited by GLrider on Sun 06/23/13 07:14 AM

"Had I known then what I know now, wouldn't have..

gotten married."

A bunch of us wish that one frustrated frustrated frustrated

GLrider's photo
Sun 06/23/13 07:04 AM
A good many times we have to re-align our choices because of outside influnces, and circumstances. Part of being successfull is forming a gameplan that includes changes, if they come up. And they do.

Betcha no one ever planned to be divorced.

GLrider's photo
Fri 06/21/13 04:17 PM
Aaww, why? He just wants a PO'ed woman right away.laugh