Community > Posts By > GLrider

GLrider's photo
Tue 05/07/13 05:42 PM
Edited by GLrider on Tue 05/07/13 05:45 PM
You have every right to gripe, and I don't blame you at all. You'd think that at some point, things would right themselves, but it's doubtful that it ever will.
I have a little simular gripe right now. I just opened my property tax bill, and found out I'm $30 dollars delinquent from my last tax period. $30 bucks. Not much at all. Now I know for a fact that my property could be sold out from underneigh me for that lousy $30 bucks. What it will do is go up for auction, and concievably could be bought for $31 dollars. If I let it go, and not pay it, I could be forced off my property by the government, and, I would loose $150,000 property. Isn't that fair? And all they wound be concerned with is getting that $30 I owe them.
Now, if I could beat the daylights out of that person that would do that to me, and I could get away with it, I would. But then, had I done that, been caught, and put on trial for it in front of a jury, in a one day trial, the people on that jury would get paid the grand sum of $26.22 for that day's lost wages. Which by the way they have to pay for gas, and lunch.

Is this complete garbage? Absolutely. Will this ever change? No. Benjamin Franklin said the only thing we can be sure of is death and taxes. I used to fear death, but no more. The world will go to h*ll in a handbasket wether I'm here or not. So, let it. I just won't care anymore.

GLrider's photo
Mon 05/06/13 06:35 PM
Farrah Fawsett is a great choice. Another couple of good ones are-

Marilyn Monroe, from Some like it Hot.

Raquel Welch in that fur bikini, from that movie, 3000BC.

The Marx Brothers posters.

Now I suppose that you mean posters on this community, Right?

GLrider's photo
Sun 05/05/13 04:40 PM
Went out and got my sunday bike fixed, and put about 35 miles on it. Granted, fixing a motorcycle doesn't sound like fun, but it beats not doing anything.

Oh, and being here. This I enjoy.

GLrider's photo
Sun 05/05/13 04:19 PM
Edited by GLrider on Sun 05/05/13 04:21 PM

{Oh, and if I'm required to come up with some little saying, I'll go with this: There is no such thing as good karma, but watch out for bad karma, that stuff works!!!}

What about "Instant Karma?"

GLrider's photo
Sun 05/05/13 05:27 AM
Learn to be a dirty old man. You'll bring a laugh and smile to people around you. And you'll be remembered long after they put you in the hole. :laughing:

GLrider's photo
Sun 05/05/13 05:04 AM
Expect the worst, hope for the best, and settle for whatever comes along.

If your luck gives you the opportunity to throttle a politican, do it.

Be nice to the people you meet on the way up the ladder, because you'll meet the same ones on the way down.

The most faithful person you'll ever meet in life is your dog.

GLrider's photo
Sun 05/05/13 04:43 AM
I've heard plenty of that sort of thing going on. I like to find guys like that. They bounce very well when thrown. pitchfork pitchfork pitchfork

GLrider's photo
Sat 05/04/13 05:35 PM

What would be major red flags for you in initial communication here or in regular email?

So far, I see nothing that I do that should raise a red flag, im my first communications with any lady I've messaged. But my average responses to perspective dates is pretty low. Really, almost non-existant. Haven't figured out why, just yet.

GLrider's photo
Sat 05/04/13 06:43 AM
My house is just fine the way it is.

Please come in, pull up a pile of debris and make yourself comfortable. If you see a bug, kill it, it is not my pet. LOL!

Just kidding!laugh

GLrider's photo
Sat 05/04/13 06:23 AM
Edited by GLrider on Sat 05/04/13 06:26 AM
Still breathing would be good for a start.

One that I don't have to pry the conversation out of. I seem to attract those.

There has to be a life beyond children and grandchildren. Yes, I know they're important to you. What they do, how they are, tells me little about what you are like.

A decent sense of humor.

I'm not a muff diver, don't treat me like one.

Some input on what you'd like to do on a date would be helpful. I don't keep tabs on every social event that comes along.

Just because I'm tall and slim, it doesn't mean that I'm particular about your size. I do look at more than just your boobs, but I'm a man, and an occational glance is part of my caveman ancestry.

Your education is critical to me. You have to at least be able to spell cat, and dog correctly, and be able to count to ten on your fingers. (twenty, even. I'll let you take off your shoes and use your toes!) Qualify in that catagory, and the skies the limit.

Be capable of dressing yourself. Please say that you looked in the mirror before you walked out of the house. (even if you have to lie to me!)

A hairstyle that was not worn by your great-grandmother when she was put into the box. Or one that you wore to your first day of school.(That one is flexable.)

See, I'm easy.biggrin

GLrider's photo
Fri 05/03/13 04:30 PM
So it's got a few floaters in it. Think of it as roughage.

GLrider's photo
Fri 05/03/13 04:21 PM
It would be no issue to me. I have the sure cure for it- don't fly.smokin

GLrider's photo
Thu 05/02/13 05:13 PM
Hmm, haven't figured out how to post my dog pix yet, but I figured out how to knock myself off the site REAL QUICK!laugh

GLrider's photo
Thu 05/02/13 04:51 PM
Sure, why not? But I also beleve in the old saying, "Once burned is twice wary." That one seems to get in the way.

GLrider's photo
Wed 05/01/13 08:41 PM
Is that what they're for?

GLrider's photo
Wed 05/01/13 08:25 PM
Lack of feminine companionship puts me in the mood to ride my bike.

Hmm, I have 130,000 miles on my bike. I must be plenty frustrated.

GLrider's photo
Wed 05/01/13 08:11 PM
I'd be on "Are you Smarter Than a Fifth Grader"

The questions are way too easy. Which leads me to beleve that they pick people who aren't very intellegent.

GLrider's photo
Wed 05/01/13 08:01 PM
Guess I'll take your word for it. I have little choice of my ISP, I'm on very slow dialup. And beings that I have to deal with American Thugs & Thieves, I would be better to talk to my dog than those idiots. But all is not lost! I can still use my rotary dial telephone!

One of theses times I'll just have to resort to something more modern, like smoke signals.frustrated explode grumble rant tears sad :angry: sick

GLrider's photo
Tue 04/30/13 09:16 PM
Poor planning on your part, does not make it an automatic emergency on my part.

It's easier to do the job right in the first place, than to explain why the job was done wrong.

GLrider's photo
Tue 04/30/13 09:05 PM
I don't understand half of the text speak, so I do find that annoying. Many times though, I'll use annalog spellcheck.bigsmile

A year ago, I didn't mind mispelled emails, until I started messaging with a new lady. When we met for the first time, (and the last) I found out she was an alcoholic, and the only times she'd mail me was when she was drunk.