Community > Posts By > GLrider

GLrider's photo
Sat 06/08/13 07:31 PM

1. I am deathly afraid of feet

Ok, I'm curious. Why are you afraid of feet?

Reminds me of a poem.

"Feet" by Scoutmaster Allen
A Poem glorifying the pedal extremities.

You need feet to stand up straight with,
You need feet to kick your friends,
You need feet to keep your socks on,
And stop your legs from fraying at the ends.
You need feet to stand on tippy-toe,
Or to dance the hootchie-koo.
Yes, the whole world needs feet for something,
And I need feet to run away from you.

I wouldn't run away from you, it's just the way it reads.

GLrider's photo
Fri 06/07/13 05:15 PM
I'm painfully shy around women.

I can do things by myself, that normally would require two or more people.

That I've ridden motorcycles for 45 years, and nothing, or no one will ever take that away from me.

GLrider's photo
Fri 06/07/13 04:46 PM
As long as I don't know it's coming.

I'd like to go just like my uncle did. He and my aunt had driven to Florida. They went out on a charter fishing boat for a day of fishing. He'd caught the biggist fish of the day. Then he climbed up on the boat's flying bridge, and keeled over dead. The doctor that examined him, said he was dead before he hit the deck. It was really tough on my aunt, however.

Can you think of a better way to go?

GLrider's photo
Fri 06/07/13 04:25 PM
A pile of scrap metal, an acetlene torch, and an idea.

Riding my motorcycle down a country road.

Reading.

GLrider's photo
Fri 06/07/13 04:17 PM
Making useful items out of junk. My buddies call my house, Camp Patch'em up.

GLrider's photo
Fri 06/07/13 04:07 PM
Ok, I'm there already. You learn to do without. Being desperate isn't very attractive.

GLrider's photo
Thu 06/06/13 05:24 PM
ill A friend of mine broke up with his girlfriend two weeks ago. Last night he already had a new one. I think I need to take up drinking.

GLrider's photo
Thu 06/06/13 05:12 PM
Not having anyone to go out with, almost never, for now.

One really good reason for cooking is that I can find lots of good recipes to try. Two that I refer to, is Weber's big book of grilling,and Better Homes&Gardens grilling book. And then I'll go digging into some of Paula Deen's cookbooks.

Cooking for yourself isn't hard at all. I know for a fact that you will not starve to death waiting for your food to cook.

GLrider's photo
Wed 06/05/13 04:00 PM
I would. Anyone got a Sharpie? I don't do needles.

GLrider's photo
Tue 06/04/13 06:18 PM
The mantra of law says, "Innocent until proven guilty"

Apparently it does not apply here. The ladies have no problem hanging the player label on us, indiscriminatly. Yet they don't know for sure that we actually are. It gets plenty frustrating that we aren't allowed to prove ourselves. I don't possess the skills to write the perfect message that would woo the ladies. Yet they expect it. Chances are the perfect guy has contacted them, but because he doesn't have the flash, the slick oratory, they get ignored.

I haven't been on here for years like others have. But I do see it happening.

GLrider's photo
Mon 06/03/13 09:37 PM

Mine would have to be 75 and up.

Or maybe she's waiting for the commercial to be over, so that she can continue to watch Gunsmoke.

GLrider's photo
Mon 06/03/13 09:04 PM
Edited by GLrider on Mon 06/03/13 09:13 PM
The Beatles latest album.rofl

GLrider's photo
Mon 06/03/13 08:58 PM
Florida. Or Melmac, if the taxes are low.laugh

GLrider's photo
Mon 06/03/13 08:52 PM
I suppose that's ok if you want to dig up an old thread.

As long as you knock the dirt off it, and hose it off before sticking it up here.

Oh, and don't forget to put the shovel away after you're done with it.

GLrider's photo
Mon 06/03/13 08:35 PM
Edited by GLrider on Mon 06/03/13 08:38 PM
Oh good, My ISP strikes again.

GLrider's photo
Mon 06/03/13 08:35 PM
Edited by GLrider on Mon 06/03/13 08:40 PM
Well let's see, my sister climbed on her broom, and flew off in a huff about 20 years ago. She's out there somewhere in the world, screwing up other people's lives. Should you have the mis-fortune to meet up with her, I apologise, and I hope you got away from her, and managed to maintain your sanity.
I have an uncle who is very upset that I got a divorce. Now he wants me to pick out the very first woman that happens to wander by, marry her, and immediately have children with this woman. Or adopt, and this child whom I am to adopt should be willing to carry my last name, so that he may carry on the family name.

Any others of concequence in my family have little say so in what I do. If they don't like me being on here, and wish me not to be, then you can just get off your fat kazoo, and go find me a lady that I can get along with.

So there! :P

GLrider's photo
Sat 06/01/13 06:21 PM

It has to be me!It shouldn't be this hard to just have someone to go out for coffee,why is it they all hide behind their computer's?

Not a thing.
We've elected to get online in hopes of finding someone. This form of meeting people seems to be a good idea, in theory. But, a good many trolls, and other assorted ***holes who have nothing better to do than to torment people, has ruined it for the rest of us.

In digging into dating advise websites, almost all recommend getting on several sites. And I've been told that pay sites have more of a success rate.

Do not blame yourself. I keep this proverb handy as I search.

It's better to try, and fail, than to be successful at doing nothing.

GLrider's photo
Sat 06/01/13 05:35 PM

I run across so many sad and frustrated people here and on facebook. Is there anyone who is happy? Does anyone feel the joy?

... or am I the only one?

WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?

Well, so far, I wake up every morning on the right side of the sod. Guess, if I could feel up Joy every morning, I'd be happy

GLrider's photo
Sat 06/01/13 10:35 AM
Shocked! Someone in my area, besides me, is ACTUALLY ONLINE!

GLrider's photo
Sat 06/01/13 01:48 AM
I'd say I would be more quiet in real life. Most of my days, I work by myself, with little contact from others. Anytime I do get in contact with others, I've had a few minutes to collect my thoughts, and I can focus on the subject at hand.
Being spontainious, which for men is an escential part of making a connection with most any woman, is where I come up short.
For right now, the printed word works better.