Community > Posts By > Karpenter

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 10:22 AM

"but in his voice I heard decay
the plastic face forced to portray
all the insides left cold and gray..."

Okay, last thread didn't go so well, let us all try to be adults here.

How much do you believe words and what strikes a red flag when someone talks to you? Figure most take a new persons words with a grain of salt, but how do you figure someone to be a liar? I'm not talking about your "magic" abiliby to read a character either, how far do you take it when you want to figure out if they are telling the truth?

Again, we are adults, act like it please.

You have given only a very limited amount of information and I wonder if the key sentence is really "...how far do you take it when you want to figure out if they are telling the truth?" Does this mean that you already have misgivings about the "truth" that has been presented to you? IF so, are you seeking support for a type of due diligence on the person i.e as in a google search...acting as investigator... check other records...etc,?
There are two different interpretations and concepts expressed by others here in this forum, so I am just wondering what the direction of your question actually is.

no photo
Sun 10/18/09 08:18 AM
I see that you argue the point of adultry, whereas the Bible does not restrict its interpretaions to our narrow parameters. The issue here is one of infidelity. Inifidelity refers to an active use of thought to betray trust, whereas adultry refers to an act of the physical. The entertainment of the thought of adultry is where there is a betrayal of fidelity. It is related to the Biblical counter injunction of "...as a man thinketh..". Sex is sex, physical adultry is physical adultry, but infidelity is a betrayal of sacred trust. Sacred trust is an issue of the spirit.
Guard your heart.

no photo
Sat 10/17/09 02:10 PM
This does just not sound like the truth. Maried at fourteen, four children by the same father, she's trying to con him out of a house. The lessons for the children spelled out quite clearly. Then there's you. You asked for advice and the advice from everyone is unanimous. Why are there all of these other variables added to this story, her supposed pregnancy etc.?..Why are you rejecting the very advice you asked for? What are you seeking for? Presenting ugly variables does not make an ugly situation somehow pretty.

no photo
Sat 10/17/09 01:54 PM
Many years ago my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. She kept it a big secret from everyone, her husband, my father, my brothers and sisters, almost everyone,except of course her doctors. My mother, in her own way was a very courageous lady. The issue really was my mothers hair. She had a wonderful head of rich auburn curls that flowed everywhere, down over her shoulders and she just could'nt bear to part with those rich locks. It took my mother seven years to finally find release from her pain, but her hair still looked lovely. You see, my mother never had any treatment. No chemo, no radio. She lived with her hair and she died with her hair.
After six years she finally told us all, and by then it was to late for treatment to be effective. I still love my mother, all these years later, and I still miss her. I really do wish that she was still here and had peach fuzz. Go with your courage. Kia kaha.Be strong. Give us all some of your strength. And receive ours in return

no photo
Sat 10/17/09 04:47 AM

k well ive been dating this girl who is going through divorce and we seem to fight on weekends all the time mainly when we drink shes mean and says mean stuff and is very flirty,we been dating for 4 months and are trying to make it work she has 4 kids that i have hung out with and they love me to death but we tend to fite and then we dont talk for a couple of days at a time she says she loves me im the love of her life tonite she was with her x getting drunk and when i called her he answered and said shes been lying to me saying she has been telling him that she hasnt spoke to me at all.and she wants me to move in with her this week and have a family with her and her kids .her x was gonna move to texas so she didnt care about him and all she ewanted was me and the kids to make her happy why then is she partying and with him tonite if she loves me

I feel a need to respond in a way that I really think your questions need to be responded to, even though it may mean some serious soul searching for you and with that some consequent heartache.
Here is a very dysfunctional threesome and you have four young children involved in what is essentially an irresponsible adult hysteria. Can you not see that it is children who are agonising over a horrible (adult) lack of moral responsibility, and seek only to have loving and nurturing adult care around themselves? It appears from the limited amount of information that you have given that all three of you need to submit yourselves to three different counsellors who hold three different big sticks to beat you with. What by your behaviour do you present to these children? What by your lady's behaviour does she present to these children? What by their father's behaviour does he present to these children?
They have learned very early on in life how to tell lies,they have learned that it is normal and somehow morally acceptable to sleep around, and also they learn that drinking and fighting is the norm, and that periods of calm and even bliss precede the storms emotionally.
Step out...Step away...This situation is fraught with terrble dislocations and pain. Give what support you can from afar to the children, if that is what you determine the best course of action and let them know that you are available as a adult who offers only care and protection and deep concern for their wellbeing.
For your own protection and wellbeing STEP OUT...STEP AWAY

no photo
Fri 10/16/09 01:42 PM

i met this girl online, we exchanged emails for a week then went to on a date on a sunday which went pretty well, we kissed at the end. she said she wanted to see me again so we made plans for the following thursday. she cancelled on me saying she was busy with work things, i understood so we rescheduled things for sunday, she cancelled again. this time her father was in town on a surprise visit, again i didn't mind. throughout all this time we exchanged text messages on a daily basis, i told her that she was worth the wait to see her again, i meant it. i tried calling her twice during this week to ask her out, cause i feel like asking her out in a txt message is a little to impersonal, she didn't answer and left a message, she never returned my call. yesterday a friend convinced me to post a personal ad on a website, i did it. today i get a text message saying that she saw the ad and that she was mad because i lied to her, that i betrayed her trust. i feel a little confused by why she is mad. what would you do in my situation, apologize or not pay attention to her?

Just a little question, or perhaps two, for you. Is this the same girl that you asked about two days ago? The circumstances are just so familiar. If so, I then have to ask if all the words of opinion and advice that you asked for and received just went flying over your head? And then, are you just trying to justify something in your behaviour that you are not telling the full story? If the answer is in the negative then perhaps you should be looking at your patterns of behaviour.

no photo
Fri 10/16/09 12:53 PM

After 25 years, that kinda takes the hope for anyone looking to find a true mate and live out the rest of their years. If you couldn't find it in 25 years of marriage, you definitely aren't going to find it here.

Utter Rubbish. Marriage is no cure all that just happens to incorporate some intangible called love.
Your bitterness is a shining example of how not to use this site. Mendy2 is looking to find someone to love her and in return to love. How dare you sit in such a judgement seat that would deny anyone that opportunity.

no photo
Fri 10/16/09 06:54 AM
Thank you kindly.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 09:20 AM
The Cathars of France were horribly brutalised by the Inquisition. The Inquisition also brutalised much of South America, and the rest of Europe all in the "name" of the Christian God. Those "heretics" were either burned, were "reformed", or were forced into exile. All punishments completely antithetical to the actual Bible and the truths that were espoused therein. The Catholic church has a very nasty history. However, for the "Christian" believer in this day there surely must be considerable pleasure that they do in fact have a society that allows them to have a differing belief at all, and that disagreeing with a church doctrine is acceptable or allowable rather than a heretical stand. Man has done everything possible to reduce God to a match box and carry Him/her around to be taken out and displayed when considered appropriate. I think that God must be somewhat disappointed to be so callously shoved away.
The ten Commandments are a very sane and logical set of rules to live by. The entire Bible is in essence a guide to a staircase that allows us as mortal man to enter into the very presence of God. Agnosticism and atheism are simply excuses to deny personal responsibility to a creator God. Mathematically, God exists. Naturally God exists. To deny the existence of God is to deny the humanity of spiritual man. Not all of the belief systems hgave to be the same, but they do all follow the same pattern of not separating man into his parts, body, soul and spirit. The essential nature of the human man is to be spiritual.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 08:15 AM

> What would you do?....you make the choice. Don't look
> for a punch line, there isn't one. Read it anyway. My
> question is: Would you have made the same choice?
>
> At a fundraising dinner for a school that serves children
> with learning disabilities, the father of one of the
> students delivered a speech that would never be forgotten by
> all who attended. After extolling the school and its dedicated staff, he offered a question:
>
> 'When not interfered with by outside influences,
> everything nature does, is done with perfection.
>
> Yet my son, Shay, cannot learn things as other children do.
> He cannot understand things as other children do.
>
> Where is the natural order of things in my son?'

>
> The audience was stilled by the query.
>
> The father continued. 'I believe that when a child like
> Shay, who was mentally and physically disabled comes
> into the world, an opportunity to realize true human
> nature presents itself, and it comes in the way other people
> treat that child.'
>
> Then he told the following story:
>
> Shay and I had walked past a park where some boys Shay knew
> were playing baseball. Shay asked, 'Do you think
> they'll let me play?' I knew that most of the boys
> would not want someone like Shay on their team, but as a
> father I also understood that if my son were allowed to
> play, it would give him a much-needed sense of belonging and
> some confidence to be accepted by others in spite of his
> handicaps.
>
> I approached one of the boys on the field and asked (not
> expecting
>
> much) if Shay could play. The boy looked around for
> guidance and said, 'We're losing by six runs and the
> game is in the eighth inning. I guess he can be on our team
> and we'll try to put him in to bat in the ninth
> inning.'
>
> Shay struggled over to the team's bench and, with a
> broad smile, put on a team shirt. I watched with a small tear in my eye and warmth in my heart. The boys saw my joy at my son being
> accepted.
>
> In the bottom of the eighth inning, Shay's team scored
> a few runs but was still behind by three.
>
> In the top of the ninth inning, Shay put on a glove and
> played in the right field. Even though no hits came his way,
> he was obviously ecstatic just to be in the game and on the
> field, grinning from ear to ear as I waved to him from the
> stands.
>
> In the bottom of the ninth inning, Shay's team scored
> again..
>
> Now, with two outs and the bases loaded, the potential
> winning run was on base and Shay was scheduled to be next at
> bat.
>
> At this juncture, do they let Shay bat and give away their
> chance to win the game?
>
> Surprisingly, Shay was given the bat. Everyone knew that a
> hit was all but impossible because Shay didn't even know
> how to hold the bat properly, much less connect with the
> ball.
>
> However, as Shay stepped up to the plate, the pitcher, recognizing that the other team was putting winning aside for this moment in Shay's life, moved in a few steps to lob the ball in softly so Shay could at least make contact.
>
> The first pitch came and Shay swung clumsily and missed.
>
> The pitcher again took a few steps forward to toss the ball
> softly towards Shay.
>
> As the pitch came in, Shay swung at the ball and hit a slow
> ground ball right back to the pitcher.
>
> The game would now be over.
>
> The pitcher picked up the soft grounder and could have
> easily thrown the ball to the first baseman.
>
> Shay would have been out and that would have been the end
> of the game.
>
> Instead, the pitcher threw the ball right over the first
> baseman's head, out of reach of all team mates.
>
> Everyone from the stands and both teams started yelling,
> 'Shay, run to first!
>
> Run to first!'
>
> Never in his life had Shay ever run that far, but he made it to
> first base.
>
> He scampered down the baseline, wide-eyed and startled.
>
> Everyone yelled, 'Run to second, run to second!'
>
> Catching his breath, Shay awkwardly ran towards second,
> gleaming and struggling to make it to the base.
>
> B y the time Shay rounded towards second base, the right
> fielder had the ball. The smallest guy on their team who
> now had his first chance to be the hero for his team.
>
> He could have thrown the ball to the second-baseman for the
> tag, but he understood the pitcher's intentions so he,
> too, intentionally threw the ball high and far over the
> third-baseman' s head.
>
> Shay ran toward third base deliriously as the runners ahead
> of him circled the bases toward home.
>
> All were screaming, 'Shay, Shay, Shay, all the Way
> Shay'
>
> Shay reached third base because the opposing shortstop ran
> to help him by turning him in the direction of
> third base, and shouted, 'Run to third!
>
> Shay, run to third!'
>
> As Shay rounded third, the boys from both teams, and the
> spectators, were on their feet screaming, 'Shay, run
> home! Run home!'
>
> Shay ran to home, stepped on the plate, and was cheered as
> the hero who hit the grand slam and won the game for his
> team
>
> 'That day', said the father softly with tears now
> rolling down his face, 'the boys from both teams helped
> bring a piece of true love and humanity into this
> world'.
>
> Shay didn't make it to another summer. He died that
> winter, having never forgotten being the hero and making me
> so happy, and coming home and seeing his Mother tearfully
> embrace her little hero of the day!
>
> AND NOW A LITTLE FOOT NOTE TO THIS STORY:
>
> We all send thousands of jokes through the e-mail without a
> second thought, but when it comes to sending messages about
> life choices, people hesitate.
>
> The crude, vulgar, and often obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion about decency is too often suppressed in our schools and workplaces.
>
> If you're thinking about forwarding this message,
> chances are that you're probably sorting out the people
> in your address book who aren't the 'appropriate' ones to receive this type of message. Well, the person who sent you this believes that we all can make a difference.
>
> We all have thousands of opportunities every single day to
> help realize the 'natural order of things.'
>
> So many seemingly trivial interactions between two people
> present us with a choice:
>
> Do we pass along a little spark of love and humanity or do
> we pass up those opportunities and leave the world a little
> bit colder in the process?
>
> A wise man once said every society is judged by how it
> treats it's least fortunate amongst them.
>
> You now have two choices:
>
> 1. Delete
>
> 2. Forward

> May your day, be a Shay Day.

Thank you for sharing.

no photo
Thu 10/15/09 03:53 AM
I have watched
As the silver greens of Springs past
Give way to the gold of the Summers gone,
The bronze of Autumn, I've seen
Bow to the White of Winters
As I've sat
And waited for the fade of the light.
I have wondered
How it would feel to live with this who I am
that I've been, to stand
As witness to a cycle of eternal life and death
What would I have done.
I have lived
With this open emptiness in my spirit
An emptiness that through the changed colours
Has grown, matured and
Now is become greater than the spirit itself.

no photo
Wed 10/14/09 02:09 PM
Manners do make a difference to all of us. A simple "thank you" or "please" does speak to the beating of the human heart. To offer your seat to an older person, or a lady, or just because it feels good, or just because , for no other reason than; because, on a bus or tube still grants a smile on the face on many around you, perhaps in shame that they did'nt do the same thing...but still a blessing is running in the air. When that "Manners" is applied to family members the stakes are even higher, when that "Manners" is granted to someone you care about or want to impress the stakes are very great, and when that "Manners" is actually applied to the essence of your life, then this something incredible to aspire to.
We are all human in an increasingly chaotic and melodramatic society and we are rapidly losing the sense of commonwealth, of belonging to a more genteel and romantic lifestyle. To believe in Romance is the highest calling when a man dates a woman, or vice versa. Etiquette is really the extension of a romance with life, that happens to include hopefully, the person with you, and if you really practice it can become everyday, the norm, for you.

no photo
Wed 10/14/09 01:42 PM
What on earth is happening here? Why are you not responding to the topic instead of this nonsense.

no photo
Wed 10/14/09 12:57 PM

Try it like this:

You hear another person tell this same story... what do you tell this person to do? What if it was your brother or best friend? Does that change anything?

I believe it does, changes everything. With an emotional presence to someone who is emotional relation, our judgement is emotionally impaired or even seriously flawed. We will respond to our emotional attachment rather than just abbreviated words. Our eyes tell secrets, our wrinkles belie the secrets, our smiles tell truth or lie. But with a text we take no time to see/study the person, where they are in space and time and mind. If it were someone I knew I would ask them to be emotionally honest with themselves and their date/person/significant other/partner/want to be friend.

no photo
Wed 10/14/09 12:06 PM
Interesting topic. I have a fairly strong tendency to believe that texting is an almost immoral method of communication at the very best of times. It requires almost no emotional action and certainly no moral value. There is no personal interaction beyond abbreviated words. Rather like trying to squeeze an elephant into a peanut butter jar. Generally quite a difficult task. I'm not sure that elephants even like being squeezed into peanut butter jars. We do live in abbreviated times so abbreviated communication is possibly a fair excuse for the loss of human and dignified communication. However impersonal that makes us all. Is it worth emotionally trying to assess someone's truth through a text? What a mouthful that was.

no photo
Tue 10/13/09 01:30 PM

Somehow it appears to have worked.

"And I'll substantiate the rumor
that the English sense of humor
is drier than than the Texas sand."

You are a scholar and a gentleman, sir, maybe.

no photo
Tue 10/13/09 01:22 PM
There are some very special people here .....Awesome constructs and thinkings. Thank you.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 02:49 PM
Finally I get to a point of understanding. I believe in interdependence, I depend on you to be strong when I am not. I am dependent upon you for challenging my belief system when my belief system may well be flawed or worse yet dangerous, otherwise I become nothing more than at the least an egoist and at the worst a sociopath. The "I know better than you therefore I am better than you' syndrome. I believe that we should all be dependant upon one another to keep our vanities where they belong. That is in no means an abrogation of personal responsibility rather an acceptance of what is the best for the community, and therein, ultimately my own social health. Without your commonwealth interactivity a lot of the negative vagaries of bigots would reign without challenge. You have a moral imperative to accept personal accountability. War is the ultimate abrogation of personal responsibility.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 01:55 PM

The social evolution of the ME NOW identity/generation has unfortunately created a vaccuum in the expectations of men and women.
I believe that opening the door for a lady is less a right for her and more an honour for me. Flowers following a date is as much a joy in my choosing them as it is for her in receiving them. Then there is the thank you phone call, not a text, and the opportunity for asking for another date. Holding hands? Now that is the begining of all sorts of wonder.
Etiquette is the begining of grace in a relationship and it may well go on forever.

Why are these guys so far away!!!!!!!! I do think that we can follow our feelings to a degree. Also, you allow people to treat you as they do....if it is good, wonderful; if not, you put a stop to it.

Really you allow yourself to be treated with dignity.

no photo
Mon 10/12/09 01:51 PM
Whoops I'm not 57 yet. Oh well...