Community > Posts By > Karpenter

no photo
Sun 11/22/09 04:17 PM

LOL Bill...you know you're going to upset Betts with the talk of the white stuff..

Trevor, how long will your rainy season last? I think it's susposed to be colder here this week, although I can't see it getting very cold.
They actually set the posts today for my front deck!!:banana: :banana:

Hi Betts!

I lived in Minnesota for ten years and I really must confess to a strong longing for the white stuff after the rain that we have had and the flooding and the bridges falling down. The rain will now last through to April...msybe an inch or so of the white stuff.

no photo
Sun 11/22/09 04:08 PM

We have been having some great days here in the midwest, but it is supposed to start changing this week and there is talk of the white stuff.

Send the white stuff to us in the UK, it is bound to be better than the horrid rain that we have been having.

no photo
Sun 11/22/09 03:59 PM
Hello Vivian and everyone else whom I have yet to meet. The rain has stopped over the gray skies of London.

no photo
Sun 11/22/09 03:03 AM
Well a fag is indeed a cigarette. A faggot is something akin to a meatball, with lots of onions added, it may well have been made of all of those strange ingredients, but that was when such ingredients were freely available, today it is more like ground beef with onions and spices. A faggot is also a bundle of thin twigs all wrapped together. When my little sister was a child she was called faggot by my father, now she is much older and still called faggot by her siblings, she really is. Her real name is Julie and she is a really nice lady. People really do eat the strangest things don't they.ohwell

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 03:15 PM
Well yesterday I set off on an adventure to free some lions. Today I went off to fight giants. Met a dragon instead so I said hello instead , very politely I might add, after all dragons can have nasty tempers,and went off to the pub. I should add that the dragon was very polite also. Dragon wanted to go to the pub too but there were just to many wild women around, none of the submissive kind that dragon prefers. So dragon went off on his merry way and I went to the pub. Not a particularly salubrious pub but they served Fosters Lager and that is good enough for me. So all in all a very adventurous day.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 08:18 AM
Before there was a Bible, as we understand it, there were other manuscripts extant and one of these was the Epic of Gilgamesh, written some 1500 years before and there is also the story of the flood. Different words, different people but essentially very, very similar. The Bible does offer understandings of God's dealings with mankind, it would be a very foolish man who chose to assign God to a place of ridicule, or forgettingness.The Bible does offer one wonderful insight though, God invites you to come to a place where you are welcome to argue/discuss your concerns with Him.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 07:56 AM

Really very simple. Man wants to be affirmed through a sense of belonging to and loving and providing for a woman, Women want just the same thing. Always we look for the difficulties and separateness rather than the common unifying denominators. The mountains are always there allowing for us to explore them. If you decide not to walk in them you may never know how beautiful they are, and by the same token, you in them.

Very well said. The mountains are beautiful....and can be very dangerous:wink: Life is an adventure to be shared. Finding that 'right' someone to share it with you....that's a bit harder, especially when like the forrest in the mountains, it keeps changing colors..but that too is beautiful, just something that is hard to hold on to.

Hello vivian.
Yes the mountains can be a fearful place. There are bears to respect, there are rivers to be forded, cabins to be built and crops to be planted, flowers to turn into posies an in between all of the wonders there is the work. If one is going to dream, to be part of a dream one needs to do the doing part. I see so often the hiding faces that peer out from behind the rocks, and the caves, and the trees. Assessing the risks and the potentials then seeing the gray skies and deciding that the skies look to threatening to go and pick flowers today. So the door gets closed and the only thing to look forward to is loss.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 07:28 AM
Really very simple. Man wants to be affirmed through a sense of belonging to and loving and providing for a woman, Women want just the same thing. Always we look for the difficulties and separateness rather than the common unifying denominators. The mountains are always there allowing for us to explore them. If you decide not to walk in them you may never know how beautiful they are, and by the same token, you in them.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:53 AM

Yes, doing just fine this a m. Thank you Karpenter. :smile:

So you have big plans for the rest of your day today?

Good Afternoon Linda. I trust that you are wellon this fine day.

A solicitor chap that I met on a course in Mediation that I attended recently also happens to be a guitarist in a band so tonight I am off to hear 80's rock and roll at a really nice pub. Wish you were here so I could take you.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:50 AM

morning Karpenter!waving

Good afternoon sweet one.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:48 AM

Who wants breakfast? I got blueberry pancakes, biscuits and gravy, bacon , eggs, sausages and hash browns , oh and the raspberry danishes too lol

You need to export that to the UK. Make yourself a fortune.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:42 AM
Good Afternoon Linda. I trust that you are wellon this fine day.

no photo
Sat 11/21/09 06:16 AM
Sit quietly and contemplate the stressors of the day before you,

Relax and enjoy the freedom of being in the right place at the right time, knowing that coffee has been made for you,

Pee.

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 06:42 PM
Goodnight Silveradogal, have a wonderful evening.:smile:

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 06:38 PM
Well I guess that bed is calling...Hello bed. Goodnight People.

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 06:33 PM
London is a wonderful place,every day a different shade of gray filters through the sky. I lived in Minnesota for a few years...they have a funny accent there too...only problem was that they thought that I was the one with the strange accent...I suppose though that they think the same of me here....So I concede ...I am strange...but Texans are stranger...lovely ,but strange. The English have even stranger accents though.
I hope that I am not the only one awake in England. Helloo...

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 06:27 PM

There are some nice looking people on here with some very ugly minds.

True. A picture does nothing to guarantee a good personality but I do think it makes it a least a risk to the ones who post a photo if they are married or living with some one. Most people want to avoid getting caught up in that kind of mess.

If one is a "cheater", as in another post, you will see that manipulation and lies are their trademark...Photographs or not withstanding...Sure webcams are one answer, but at the end of the day "cheaters" will still find a way around by manipulating your very suspicions.

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 06:21 PM

Karpenter,

can you translate that into Texan???

I visited Texas once....Texan is Texan...differnt language ...lovely people...funny language though...still, lovey shades of people.

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 06:14 PM
Welcome to the UK. Yes I am here, at least today. Welcome to the many wonderful shades of gray that so subtly share our lives here in London. I am just another Kiwi in the Uk but I do like the shades of London.

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 06:03 PM
I rather like writing stuff on the US forums although strictly speaking lots of folks from Australia, NZ and the Uk post stuff on whatever forum interests them. Hello everyone at 2am.