Community > Posts By > Karpenter

no photo
Sat 09/19/09 10:51 AM
Sometimes the judicious use of marijuana may be best anti inflamatory. But then that may be very inflamatory. I am not sure of the judiciousness of it either. Oh well

no photo
Tue 09/15/09 01:25 PM
Good evening all.
I read with considerable interest the posts here on the nature of man's thinking about war.
I wonder if the idea of "Just war" has been considered as carefully as other forms, i.e economic war, religious war, etc.
I cannot conceive of man having a "nature" to be at war.
I do however consider the nature of violence, in its myriad forms to be part of the essential nature of man.
War is in many instances a culture. A culture of aggression and one upmanship. Both male and female.
The domination of one group over another is certainly the status quo
in all empiricist constructs although it does seem to me to be based on a fear of perceived cultural weakness.
I apologise if this appears rambling but I feel a need to understand the nature of man in relation to war. Your continued discourses are much appreciated.

no photo
Mon 09/14/09 03:55 PM
There is great sadness here. I am reminded of the grace of Miguel de Cervantes in his wonderful book/social treatise..Man of La Mancha.
This crazy old man entered an inn with his faithful side kick, Sancho Panza. In this inn there was a barmaid who described herslf thusly.." My mother was a gutter whore and my father was a regiment..." As is apparent there is certainly a rather bleak picture of herself. Don Quixote responded very gently to her with words of love and affirmation as he explained that she was not as she said but rather that she had been placed under a spell by a wicked sorcerer who had evil in his heart. Or something very similar.
Please accept that you are very special and perhaps you are under an illusionary spell that only you can break with the help of some of the gracious words written by folks on this site.

no photo
Mon 09/14/09 02:10 PM
I know tahat I am here but I just cannot think of anything witty or intelligent to say, except to wish everyone a wonderful evening.

no photo
Sun 09/13/09 03:02 PM
I believe that man has essentially created his own gods to service his own needs, wants and desires. If you prefer, man has determined himself to be beyond the reach of the commonwealth of the spirit of man. If indeed a man were to earnestly seek after the heart of the creator of the universe and were to acknowledge his own lack of understanding of such then the creator of the universe would be found by that man/woman without all of the psychbabble, without the schisms and certainly without ridiculous notions of cultic superiority.
Catholic, charasmatic, pentecostal, all of the rest of the man made creations are primarily designed to glorify one group of folks above another, this is certainly not in keeping with any of the tenets of any world religion's holy book.
The Holy Bible, The Koran, The Book of Mormon, the Book of the Sublime, The righteous Book of the Selfish, are all full of the supremacy of a created god.
So sorry, but it is not for man to create God in his image. That is simply a waste of creative thought and energy. God must laugh at the foolish notions of mortal man that he has such an egoism that he could possibly create a creator God.

no photo
Sun 09/13/09 08:46 AM
I believe that many of us are in love with the idea of being in love. And then desperation and lonliness rear their ugly heads with the result of all sorts of nutty nonsense and neuroses. Often We are products of our childhood fantasies, Barbie and Ken and all of the Happily ever after stories. The reality is, is that any relationship is a matter of give and take and generally a lot of compromise and submission to each other. In other words: hard work. Love in an agape meaning takes considerable time and a large measure of invested energy. It is not to be taken lightly and those magical words, I love you, are an affirmation of considerable courage before the consciousness of man, and God. To love someone and then meet them, and then not love them is not love, but simply a symptom of ones own ignorance of self realization.

no photo
Fri 09/11/09 11:45 AM
To reach for the stars:banana:

no photo
Fri 09/11/09 11:26 AM
not be afraidflowerforyou

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next