Community > Posts By > Karpenter

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 05:44 PM
Hello
I have met some really lovely people on this site some with photographs and some without. Some people hide behind pics. that show a whole lot of nothing, some are quite cute until you start chatting and then find out that they are very nasty people. Look at some of the photographs on here and see the words of these people as they ridicule others. Well done. Time for some people to wake up and realise that superficiality is your name. You go and meet some person in a bar take them home use them and spit them out. Again well done.
Ugliness...superficiality is thy name. Or perhaps one could say... superficiality,ugliness is thy name.
Find some one to have a relationship with that meets all of your criteria and learn to love then I suppose you should reject them on the basis that their hair colour is not what you want. Grow up.

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 10:28 AM

When you're having a bad day, or even just a so so day, what kind of things never fail to make it better?

AAAH London...latte in an outdoor cafe...watching all the beautiful people walk past... aaaah ...more latte please.

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 10:22 AM

I think we should kill them, that would set a very good example of what not to do...and would curb the crime rate considerably...meh, cheers to dreams.smokin
oooh cause that worked really well back in the day of public hangings laugh

It did...then people became all soft...wussies.tongue2

There was a time when not doffing ones cap to an aristocrat was as bad as being a traitor. The person not demonstrating such respect as was deemed worthy was sent to the penal colonies of France>Devils Island or England>Botany Bay, Australia. Most then obliged the system, and died. If the punishment does not fit the crime that is all it is> punishment. Without hope for the future man is reduced to just another dog eat dog existance.Alcohol was not so long ago deemed to be illegal. It did not stop consumpion and did not stop crime. All of the killing associated with that did nothing to stem the actual addiction of alcohol.

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 10:05 AM

I think we should kill them, that would set a very good example of what not to do...and would curb the crime rate considerably...meh, cheers to dreams.smokin

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
who governs the governors. Something like that. Where do you draw the line and who gets to decide where the line is actually drawn.
Hitler...Stalin...Amin...all serial killers or psychopaths...maybe you should choose?

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 09:57 AM

I spent a good part of my yesterday sitting in a court room watching
one after another get sentenced to jail time. The majority of these
people were young men, a few girls from 18 to 30. Most of these
jail times were for repeated drug offenses. I have seen many young
people come out of jail with no change... including my own son.
To me it just makes sense to put the money into rehab and fix the
problem , not just put a band aid on it. The money that is spent
housing drug addicts could go to centers that many actually change
their lives...not all of course. Jail is for punishment, not rehab
I understand. However these are the young who will be the majority
of our society..would it not make more sense to help them with their
addictions than to punish...?

What is the offence.and does the punishment fit that. It seems to me that most sentences handed out by the courts really do lack a sense of proportion. Punishment is generally a knee jerk reaction rather than a rehabilitation process, reactive rather than proactive. Jail for the most part offers the interned no hope for a future. Without hope there is nothing.

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 09:43 AM

Are Americans angrier today than in the past? Or do we simply have fewer inhibitions about acting out in public and no longer let anger seethe beneath the surface? Some say increasing narcissism today makes us upset when we don't get what we want...really? Three related questions...take your pick or opine on all three...

My two cents...

Yes, on all three. Through the generations, philosophies have changed. Many, many moons ago your value as a person was judged by the contribution you made to your community. Capitalism by definition inspires people to work for profit, not substinence. This leads to the concept of greed. The philosophy changed from doing what's best for the village to doing what's best for the clan, or extended family. Then it was the nuclear family...mom, dad, and kids. Your value as a man was in how well you supported your wife and kids. My grandparents and parents generation were like this.

Somewhere along the way, the goal for a person became self sufficiency, which is how I was raised. In the past 40 years, the nuclear family has for the most part been eliminated and we're taught in schools, thru the media, and from the time we're born to work hard to be all YOU (singular) can be. ("An army of one"...is that really the new motto?) What happened to "All for one and one for all", "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country?", and other similar sayings. Ask most kids what success is and they say wealth. It's portrayed everywhere, espcially with the technological advances, the more you get, the better you are. WTF happened?
And yup, there's the anger. For me it's not about what I don't have, it's about not being able to do anything about the above decline of morality. The drive to individualism has also meant that you are but one voice in dissent, tough to be heard and even harder to make a difference. In the old days, you spoke as a village, a clan, a family, a couple even...more voices in unison, slowly being drowned out by the increasing masses that no longer care about what you have to say. The concept of "We, the people" seems to have perished and been replaced with a big fat "I". As in "I have the right to do what ever the hell I want and f-you if you don't like it!" In govt, in society, in the media. It's so disheartening.

Of course, this opinion has an approximate value of about two cents! Take it for what it's worth.

Well said.

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 09:41 AM
Hello
I wonder if anger is really symptomaic of something else.
For thousands of years man lived in smaller communities where each member of that community had a sense of belonging. Even if that sense of belonging actually meant that one was a rebel to the community standards, it was still a place of being in community. The hectic and disjointed sense of alienation and the speed of social disintegration has, I believe, effected a sense of separateness in the psyche of 21st century man. Technology has flown ahead at such speed that todays development is already old news to that development. Man is alienated from his own place in his community and is left to flounder in his confusion. Perhaps the Brave New World of Aldous Huxley is already upon us. And we have no strategies to dealo with that.

no photo
Wed 11/18/09 02:59 PM
We come to our bridges and cross over them and then we burn those bridges behind us. Most of the time. Do you think it necessary to burn those bridges?

no photo
Wed 11/11/09 05:34 PM

No assumption, it's a fact that many men and women do believe and are only interested in casual sex. Modern people take the option to live their life the way they want, no rules, whatever feels right for them. I'm all for that freedom of choice without being judged for it. However, personally, sex is linked to emotions, therefore i'm not casual with it.

I accept that there are some who would embrace your ideal of utopia, although I would probably tend to call such a choice of "freedom" by another name, anarchism. I even accept that your support of some one else's choice for anarchism is in some ways admirable. I think that it was Plato who said ...I may not believe in your cause, but I will fight for your right to express it...maybe it was spiderman but I am sure that you get the drift.
You may be right when you state , "it's a fact that many men and women do believe and are only interested in casual sex", however I am not one and furthermore I do not actually know of any. So I guess that I am not part of the "many".:smile:

no photo
Wed 11/11/09 05:19 PM

So, if you could have "amnesty" by admitting one thing that you did that was bad, evil, treacherous or awful (you get the idea) in a past relationship...could you admit it here? I said I'd stay with someone forever...but she changed...I changed...and I simply couldn't do it. So, I lied.

Is "amnesty" inclusive of forgiveness and a new start or is "amnesty" just an excuse to continue with the status quo? I.e, is there room in "amnesty" for truth or does one simply tell lies to get around forgiveness? Now I am curious.

no photo
Wed 11/11/09 04:01 PM

Would you as a modern woman date a man who dosent believe in casual sex

Yes, But out of curiosity, what type of sex do you believe in?
:wink:

An assumption needs to be corrected here. You assume that modern men want casual sex. I do not think so.

no photo
Wed 11/11/09 03:44 PM
Well here I must be very honest. I live in the UK at the moment and the thought of being in anything more than a platonic relationship with someone in the US, where most of you live,is a very daunting prospect, much as I really want to be in a wholesome and authentic relationship. I have met some really tremendous ladies on this site and the relationships are cherished. But the prospects for a more in depth relationship are very great. I have considered the costs. The love that one who could be in a relationship that has such obstacles must be very great indeed. But I do believe that such is possible, in spite of the obstacles. Sometimes ....the adventure has to start somewhere...

no photo
Wed 11/11/09 07:21 AM
Flirting is the primary magic in a developing relationship. People talk about chemistry, well chemistry is just that, chemistry; biology is just biology, biological, but flirting is in a category all its own. Its about somehow introducing nuances and inferrences into situations where the outcome is not assured and need not be so. Sex is sex, but the introduction to sex is about a man letting a woman know that they have been noticed and are being appreciated and the play is on. It's about smiling secretly but letting her see it, it's about looking quietly but letting her see it, it's about the double entendre and letting her hear it. It is all about magic and it need not involve sex at all.

no photo
Mon 11/09/09 11:50 AM
Good evening. I have been reading this thread and I was perhaps hoping that someone had a new perspective sadly that is not the case. But perhaps I am completely missing the spirit of things. Friends with benefits. An interesting choice of words. I guess that I always thought that when I person had sex with another person then all of the dynamics change. It is not possible to look at another person in the same light after actual sex has occurred. No matter the direction of the relationship after sex you cannot look at and perceive that person in the same light as before. There are always strings attached. There is always a tremendous shift in the communication dynamic and much of the time for the negative. Yes, men and women can be friends but sex can often turn that good friendship on its head. There are some considerable dangers where friends with benefits meet and the situation is often little more than manipulation.
Moderators are not mediators. They are though very human.

no photo
Sun 11/08/09 11:29 AM
I was a lot younger when the Vietman war was in its "decline". (Sorry about the terminology but I do not know how else to describe it.)But I had eyes in my head that showed me how a national generation of peoples treated its heroes when they returned. Men went to a faraway war, a different world from their own and fought to protect their nations interests and died in so many cases for a dearly held belief. Soldiers came home to a nation in turmoil over the horrors of war coming into its living rooms, the heroes had to bow their head in shame and sickness. So few of the American people upheld the returning soldiers with the respect that they deserved. Only in the past few years have the American people begun to understand the sacrifices that were made by boys who went to war and came back as discarded and dishonoured soldiers.
So I say to you, people of the United States and the coalition Nations, Do not allow such a thing happen again.
The consequences are too great even for a nation as powerful as the United States.

no photo
Sun 11/08/09 05:34 AM
Australia is a wonderful place full of simply amazing people, and that is quite a concession for a New Zealander. The thing that I can't quite figure out is why Aussies would even bother going to see Britney Spears at all. Perhaps it is, as Jtevans said "i'd still like to see her naked". But then I would ask if it were actually worth paying to see her naked.

no photo
Tue 11/03/09 12:00 PM

I want to be the world to one person.....and not one person to the whole world. Is that so much to ask? Why is it so hard to find someone that's "real" who has a no ******** attitude and isn't in it for the hit it and quit it lifestyle. When i'm in a relationship I invest my whole self into it... I just want to be able to share my heart with someone who is worthy.

You be you, my dear. The right one will understand. Don;t let the strong OPINIONS of some here who have had bad times deter you. They are not right for you...entitled to their opinions...and that;s all. It amazes how many aren't content to simply qualify there rants with a "for me" or "sometimes" and such.
No, they state categorically...you're a fool...they're right. Dismiss them. Live your life...your dreams.
You'll be fine...And never, never give up or grow so bitter. Good luck here, and in your pursuit of worthy dreams...that can be reality. happy
I must stand in complete agreement. Now this is the kind of counsel you should pay heed to. Do not accept second best in your dream, let your dream get bigger and nurture it, your caring for that dream will encourage unworthy fools to vent their bitterness. Be strong.

no photo
Sat 10/31/09 03:51 PM
There was aterible war. It was the war to end all wars so they say. I died there, in the trenches of France. I died with honour.

no photo
Thu 10/29/09 03:26 PM
I guess that one place that I would love everybody to see is the central part of Otago in New Zealand. Not just because that is where I come from and not only because that is where my heart is but also because it is a place of incredible beauty as one looks into the distance and sees the Southern Alps.
David Livingstone, the great explorer, once said about Victoria Falls that it was a place "...where angels pause in flight..."
When I think of Central Otago those words seem so welcoming. Sounds like time to go home.

no photo
Thu 10/29/09 12:20 PM

why listen when u can talk. so u can lie ur way of a situation, and then say u never heard any of it. cause ur deaf, hungry and horney.bigsmile

I think that whilst your attitude wants to enter into humour I feel that as a man I should say that evrybody tells lies, everybody gets hungry and most get horny, and everybody tries to avoid certain situations through not hearing. What you are describing is little more than generalised deceit. Most men would probably tend away from confrontation by becoming quieter, men probably find that more therapeutic whilst women tend towards an emotional release as more therapeutic. When a relationship is reduced to the level of lies and deceit both men and women have ceased to listen. Lex,earlier, stated that he was a good listener and that is probably the case, And I avered that was a rarity, but very few men can honestly say that, as the environmental training is not geared towards the constructive development of listening skills in men. Perhaps this is reflected in the gladatorial training from K through grade 12 in sports.