SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž's photo
Sat 07/22/23 01:47 PM
Thank you, Julie!!

I've finished it today :D

I'll add 2 close-ups so you can see more detail. There are so many highlights and things everywhere! For instance highlands on the people so they're not just black shapes.

FINISHED PAINTING:

SHIP DETAILS:

HARBOUR DETAILS. Also notice the two anchors in the left bottom corner against the mountain/rock! The barrels near the boat ramp, the mooring posts in the water near the boat ramp etc. etc.

Sat 07/22/23 05:21 AM

I asked my Doctor what blood type I have, as it
seems it could be helpful.

She said I had to pay for a full blood work-up
to get that info.

I am curious, not rich.

It's a simple test, there are even at-home test kits for this!
I've known for ages. I think I asked the first time I needed blood work done for something as I wanted to know.
But in case of emergency they're going to check anyways, they won't take your word for it.

Fri 07/21/23 01:32 PM
Haven't painted in a few days as my neck didn't allow it. Last I did on the 18th was make corrections on the ship.
I'd wanted the light that shines through the windows to be much brighter & clearer and have a stronger glow, so I re-did those for the 3rd or 4th time.
Had to redo the lines above and blow the windows too.
And other minor perspective corrections as well as the railing on top and the lantern.

You can see the differences here:

And a lot more done today! A ton of highlights, details -incl. very small ones- which you likely cannot see in this small size photo :(
First rigging done as well.
It's not finished, but getting close to it now!

Thu 07/20/23 04:12 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Thu 07/20/23 04:15 PM
Well, you're the one feeling these 2 kinds of feelings. Maybe start there, why is this occurring? Is he giving mixed signals or is it just you having 2 kinds of feelings?

If the first it'd be best to get clarity from him asap so you don't end up wasting your time on someone who isn't serious.

Also, think about whether your own behaviour towards him is eliciting different reactions from him.

Tue 07/18/23 03:05 PM

Almost midnight but not in the US so on time, hihi...

:heart: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEE!!! :heart:
Hope you're having a good one and that you get spoiled silly!

:heart: drinker flowers :heart:

Thanks Crystal! I definitely am being spoiled today :wink: drinker :heart: bigsmile

Good for you! Enjoy the heck out of it, haha.
:heart:

Tue 07/18/23 02:47 PM
Almost midnight but not in the US so on time, hihi...

:heart: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEE!!! :heart:
Hope you're having a good one and that you get spoiled silly!

:heart: drinker flowers :heart:

Tue 07/18/23 02:05 AM
Thank you, Julie!

Mon 07/17/23 02:50 PM
Still not done, but now you can get a real good idea of what it's going to look like :)

Sun 07/16/23 01:23 PM
Thank you so much, Merry!

Sun 07/16/23 11:26 AM
Thank you, Julie!

Sun 07/16/23 03:00 AM
22C sunny even though there are clouds.
It's still very windy, approx. 6-7 Beaufort.
The occasional shower possible.

Weird to have these stormy winds during summer. I do have the sliding door open, too warm to not do that.

Sat 07/15/23 01:19 PM
Hi Delightful!!
Thank you! And yes, she's adorable! love :heart:
It is time to expand her domain a bit so she has more room to run and play :)

Sat 07/15/23 09:05 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Sat 07/15/23 09:06 AM
Thank you :)

More work done today.
The street is less 'bright' and more work with liner on the cobble stones.
The mist has been corrected, chimney added, the mountain/rock done, people, and of course the doorway and expansion at the harbour. That part isn't finished yet.
Oh yes, and some reflection lines from the li'l island in the water.

CLOSE UP

Sat 07/15/23 03:15 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Sat 07/15/23 03:16 AM
25C mostly sunny, but to the south I see some dark clouds. Hopefully they'll blow to the east and dump their load elsewhere. Above farmland maybe, hihi.

Quite windy, strong gusts forecast for this evening and night. Fortunately the provinces north of me will bear the brunt of it with heavy storm gusts (Code Yellow) but it'll mean wind will be strong here too.
Strap around the gates it'll be.

Sat 07/15/23 02:47 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Sat 07/15/23 02:51 AM
Little Roosje is venturing further and further, boldly going where no kitten has gone before, haha.
Last night she'd disappeared. I realised I didn't hear her anymore so I started calling and searching, alarmed.

Couldn't find her, then decided to check the extension as the door to that was blocked, but open nonetheless and Nila was in there.
And yup, so was Roosje!?
The li'l dare-devil had figured out how to get over the cardboard block AND through the magnetic fly curtain. That curtain took Nila some time to figure out, prolly more daring to go through it as it was strange, doesn't feel too great on fur/hair either.
But Roosje had done it just like that.

Thank goodness the backdoor was already closed otherwise she'd likely have ventured out into the then dark garden as well!
And I don't want her to go out just yet. She's only been here for 1,5 weeks. Way too soon!

Fri 07/14/23 03:04 PM
Currently working on this. Nowhere near done, enjoying the process very much!
There's an awful lot of detail in it, even now, for instance the tiny 'peaks' of the rooftop of the building to the left, but also the li'l island with building to the right.
And more to come as like I said, nowhere near done!

The mist got too much. It was too greyish at first, or so I thought. Now I regret adding white to it as I'll have to dim it again now.

In any case, happy with it so far! :smile:

Thu 07/13/23 02:10 PM
Frying a tomato, about to put an egg in, as a late evening snack. I'm hungry!!!

Thu 07/13/23 02:46 AM
The best rain ever was at Uluru. The rangers said it hadn't rained in 10 years! Suddenly everything flowered, was lush etc. A total transformation!
And seeing Uluru dark from the rain with waterfalls everywhere, WOW!!

I didn't have a camera, such a shame, but at least I've seen it :D

Thu 07/13/23 02:39 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Thu 07/13/23 02:48 AM

I love it. When I lived in Indonesia rainy season was my favorite. It poured rain every day, but usually only for a couple hours. I find the rhythm of the rain very soothing. :heartpulse:

Hihi, this is so funny! I was about to post "depends where you live. When I lived in Indonesia I didn't like it much!"

What I didn't like about it is that people in traffic seem to go nuts as soon as a few raindrops had fallen. I still don't understand why or what it triggered in them. All of them honking their horns, mostly for no reason, and all very anxious and cranky. All because it rained?

Rain season in Jakarta was people feeling cold and wearing warmer clothes, getting a cold, not being happy etc.

One thing I can think of is that maybe houses flooded in many kampungs. And also snakes tended to come up out of hiding due to too much water everywhere after heavy rainfall (our driver told me that).

And sometimes people had stepped/fallen into the open drainage/sewer and drowned.
I think for the Indonesian people not such a great time of the year?

Another thing... washing didn't dry properly & without having had sunlight it'd stink and needed to be washed again.

Thu 07/13/23 02:17 AM
22C Sunny with a few wispy clouds and quite windy.
Looks like a good summer day though!