SparklingCrystal ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’Ž's photo
Thu 06/22/23 02:59 AM
I've decided to not call her Rosa but Stella. That name suddenly came to me and seems to fit this kitten better.
I think if I'd stick to Rosa it'll keep reminding me of what happened a few weeks back, and also will be a constant reminder of the other kitten that passed away.
Stella means "Star" which I like!

Not easy to take a good photo as she keeps running and playing etc. and... she's so fast!
They're now in the barn where they have plenty of room to run and play.
They get to go outdoors occasionally as well now.

Thu 06/22/23 02:46 AM
22C cloudy and quite a lot of NE wind.
What a change after all these sunny warm summer days!

Let's hope we haven't seen the last of it now that we've had Summer Solstice! Officially summer's started now, but doesn't look like it anymore.

Wed 06/21/23 08:09 AM
24C sunny, reasonably strong W wind

Wed 06/21/23 08:08 AM
Still recovering a bit from the long drive in a hot car.

Tue 06/20/23 07:02 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’Ž on Tue 06/20/23 07:03 AM
Yes, the Apps / internet is always more of an approximation isn't it?
Here they measure some 15 kms from me, some other sites us Flushing which 2 islands down and 42 kms from me.
Then you have a lot of deviation.

OT - Talk about heavy rain, thunder, hail! Holy shizzel! A cloudburst.
Thank goodness I'd been able to get Nila indoors well before it started. She wasn't chuffed, but now she is, haha.
It was bad in capitals! So much rain it seemed like fog. Rain was going by in horizontal 'clouds'.
Then hail drumming on the flat roof and against the windows and sliding doors of the extension... Couldn't hear myself think! Nila was freaked out...

Thank goodness that's gone for now.
The garden has been watered for sure, a lot fell out of the sky!
But I hate these short intense cloudburst things!!

Tue 06/20/23 06:01 AM
Happy I vacuumed the floor! My li'l fluff-ball Nila is losing a lot of hair with this heat, hihi.

Tue 06/20/23 06:00 AM

Sitting on a plane. Iโ€™ll see Mark in about 20 hours! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Wonderful!! Wishing you both a great time! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Tue 06/20/23 02:10 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’Ž on Tue 06/20/23 02:12 AM
28C mostly sunny, quite sticky, a little wind.
Thunderstorms expected by the end of the afternoon, possibly with heavy rain, hail, and strong gusts of 80km p/hr.

The garden can do with some serious water after weeks of drought, but to bring it in such an extreme way...
What happened to a normal summery shower in the evening?

Mon 06/19/23 02:18 PM

Current Weather
2:41 PM / 14:41
96ยฐF / 35.5c
RealFeelยฎ Sun 127ยฐ / 52.7c

RealFeel 52,7C??? noway

Mon 06/19/23 10:58 AM
Going to see li'l Rosa 2 days from now :D She'll be 7 weeks then.

That's the last time I'll visit her. The next time I'll go will be to bring her home!

Mon 06/19/23 10:38 AM
There's me thinking this is about Wham!

Mon 06/19/23 09:18 AM

19ยฐC Mostly Cloudy

Rainfall in last 24 hrs 23 mm
Humidity 74%
Wind 13 mph
Feels Like 19ยฐC
Pressure 1005 hPa
Visibility 13 miles
UV Index 4
Air Pollution 2

That's quite the drop in temp!

Mon 06/19/23 03:21 AM
25C both sun & clouds, quite a not of wind.

Sun 06/18/23 06:57 AM
Sun came through about half an hour ago. Clouds have mostly gone.
Immediately got stinking hot again!

Sun 06/18/23 01:56 AM
25C overcast, could get some showers, later tonight possibly showers & thunder.

Not the sweltering day it was forecast to be a couple days ago.

Sat 06/17/23 03:04 PM
The Nurse - 2023 - Danish mini series - 6,9 IMDB rating
Based on a true story.

Early one morning in March 2015, the Danish police receive a call from a nurse at Nykรธbing Falster Hospital. She suspects her close colleague of deliberately killing patients and fears that it has just happened again. Soon a murder case unfolds like never seen before in Danish legal history. Several co-workers are now telling the police that they also suspect the nurse has poisoned patients, and some even tell that they have been walking around with this suspicion for several years. But why hasn't anyone responded? And where is the evidence?

Sat 06/17/23 08:37 AM
27C started sunny with a bit of wind, but end of the afternoon the forecast clouds came in. Now it's cloudy.

Sat 06/17/23 06:08 AM
Went for a walk, now forcing myself to not work in the garden as it's like household work: it never ends and thus you can never get on top of it.
And my body needs a break :)

Fri 06/16/23 07:40 AM

I recognise much in what you say. I too tend to forget to ask about the other and tell about myself.
I used to also think it was one-sided, and felt a bit guilty for making it about me. But then... I'm so open and giving that I think it's more related to that. Assuming that everyone else is that way too. Assuming they too will naturally open up and share as I am that way.
And in a way it's odd to have to ask and effort to extract info? At least it can feel that way to me.
Nevertheless I've also made it a point to ask others about them.
But you know, with people I resonate with I don't have to do any of that thinking while conversing. It just automatically flows from both directions! Which leads back to it being a bit odd to have to consciously try to get them to open.

And yes, trying to avoid "yes/no" questions is very helpful. That is something you can train yourself to do, much easier even in written conversation as you have time to think about formulating the question.
And the "telling about me then asking them about it" (movie/book/whatever) is a really good way to get it going. Oftentimes helps the other over the threshold of nerves or the 'WTF am I going to talk about' dilemma, hihi.
And then it just takes off.

And there's always the thing that if the other is truly interested or not. A few days ago I had a guy contact me but he had no profile photo. So I told him "No photo, no contact. You make things skewed as you can see me but I can't see you." (He'd commented on my looks & aura)
For me it was done, over.
But... he uploaded a profile photo and sent me another message? I was still not impressed but he didn't give up, haha.
He's not the type to write a lot, so I said we were too different then as to me written word IS alive, visceral.
So I gave him nothing but "PO kind of replies" lol, yet... he wasn't deterred.
We are now kind of talking and seem to have things in common?! Not saying it's going anywhere serious, might not even lead to a date. But had he not persevered we wouldn't even be talking.

What I'm trying to say is, maybe if it is quite difficult to get off the ground it's just not the right person?
Something to bear in mind and consider...

Excellent point and definitely something to consider.

I, too, am fairly open with sharing about myself, and assume they will do the same. When it doesn't happen, I automatically think it's something I'm doing wrong in my way of communicating. Rather than considering that we just don't click.

There have certainly been other times when conversing with a guy just flowed, it happened naturally. But most of the time in those circumstances, it never moved past the friend zone, haha. When it came to love interests, the communication was more awkward and often times like pulling teeth from a newborn.

I suspect though, that the reason it was more awkward had more to do with where I was concerning love relationships and my ability to accept love more so than their ability to communicate. I wasn't truly open to it, so I attracted men who also weren't open to it, who had similar issues with self worth and such? Staying in the friend zone was safe, for the both of us, so the communication flowed much easier.

I've always had this vision for when I'm truly ready to enter a love relationship... We aren't going to struggle trying to have a conversation. It's going to just happen, take off, as if we've known each other our whole lives. Maybe that's silly, but I truly believe that when two people truly resonate with each other, it's not going to be like pulling teeth from a newborn. The energy will flow in harmony, not agony.

Still waiting for that to happen, haha. Some day! But first, I have a few more cobwebs to clear out of my heart center so that I am ready to receive the kind of love I truly desire.

Oh, that kind of connection sure as heck can happen! I know as I've had it happen. Both my last relationships for sure.
There was no effort to get and keep a conversation going. It just flowed by itself. And especially with the last man there was a very strong feeling of already knowing the other to an extent I have not ever come across before. And this was mutual, not just me. He was open to the spiritual but not very familiar with it so to him it was totally new. I knew it could happen, had similar experience with my ex before him, but this was much much deeper. Different. It immediately felt we were in a solid, healthy relationship while we'd only just met.
I always said, it's like we're in a relationship, know each other inside and out, yet we don't know each other at all when it comes to mundane day to day stuff, and in that sense we have to get to know one another from the start.
Kind of like starting a connection 5 yrs in -the point where you already live together etc- and having to work your way back to the first meeting, romancing, getting to know each other etc. etc. if that makes sense.
I don't think most can follow, but quite sure you can, hihi. It was the weirdest and at the same time most beautiful thing I've ever had happen!
And that was instant, from the second I opened the front door and laid eyes on him and he on me.
We hugged, and he said -bemused-, I feel energy between our hearts??
And "When you laugh and I look into your eyes, I know that laugh!"
He was totally lost when he looked into my eyes, I doubt he heard a word I said, just sat that mesmerized, bedazzled, hahaha.

And our conversations... I can still miss them! He always understood me, could paraphrase what I'd said, never needed explanation.
So it sure as hell exists!

My biggest problem in a way, which I've come to realise over the years... men sometimes fall for me because of my energy, my high vibration. I have to then be vigilant to not have them romance me and eventually far for them as when this happens their feelings are not lasting. It's like they get bedazzled or something.
Seems odd to say about yourself, but I have truly had that happen. And then when it wears off, they too bugger off, leaving me heartbroken. What usually is going on is that they take / get healing from my high energy and when healed enough they're gone...
Meaning I have to use my own discernment to get clear what I'm dealing with, which to date I find dammed hard to do!!

Fri 06/16/23 03:32 AM
27C Sunny, not much wind. We can get some clouds later in the afternoon and a bit more wind.