SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž's photo
Mon 06/26/23 12:11 PM
After almost a month of not painting I suddenly felt like it again :)
So in spite of yesterday heat I've been painting most of the afternoon. I've finished it off today :)

I'm calling this: Angel Watching.

Sun 06/25/23 03:53 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Sun 06/25/23 03:57 PM

No not at all I'm a dominant alpha male I'm not into bondage I'm not in the pain I'm not into humiliation I found in my past relationships that a sound spanking once a week humbles me and it helps me focus nothing sexual it's strictly therapeutic If there's any hint of sexual ity it's because of the people put it there not me so to answer your question no it is not a Dom sub relationship It's somebody who loves me and cares for me and sees how it helps me in day-to-day life

I'm thinking you may not have the right view of a BDSM relationship.
Many people that are in the lifestyle are for a reason, some similar to yours.
Some find tremendous peace from it, relaxation, a letting go of. An enormous release. Which then helps them to function normally and properly in day to day life.
It can actually help to feel yourself, calm and happy.
If a solid spanking helps you, you are in a way into pain as a good spanking is not for the faint of heart.
Pain in BDSM is not to deliberately hurt someone and cause them distress or harm. It's not like beating someone up, nor out of anger.
It's the most controlled loving thing, in a way even more based on love than a regular relationship.
That is because it requires tremendous amount of mutual trust. Not just from the one that is in the sub role, but also the one who's the D, in equal measure. That's cos he/she must be able to rely on the feedback of the sub so he/she doesn't truly hurt them and is able to give them what they need, not more, not less.

If you do not wish this in a love relationship as it's purely about the discipline, not sex, then you could find a Dominatrix you see every now and then.
All can be catered to your needs.

Sun 06/25/23 02:09 AM
32C sunny & blue skies, not much wind.

Sat 06/24/23 04:35 AM
27C sunny & clear blue skies, a bit of wind.
Could get some clouds in the afternoon here.

All and all it's building up to another sweltering day (tomorrow).

Sat 06/24/23 04:32 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Sat 06/24/23 04:33 AM

Oh boy, definitely listen to your intuition on that one, Crystal.

Even the healthiest of people need time to go solo after a break-up/divorce. It's almost been a year for me and I've only just recently started getting back to my true self. Now that that's happened, I want to explore me a while longer before inviting someone else into my life.

Plus with Venus going retrograde in less than a month, starting something new isn't in the stars, so to speak, haha. I'll gladly wait a few more months to make sure not to carry old baggage/patterns into new beginnings with a love relationship. Let Venus work her magic.

Hopefully the next one will be more promising for you. :heart:

Oh yes, Venus Rx...
I'm certain Spirit stopped me from jumping into this situation and had me doubt, question, etc. to protect me.
I've made very clear to Spirit I do not want another connection that's doomed to fail or another 'lesson' relationship. Done with that! Then I'd rather stay single.
I only want the right connection for me. I'm ready for that, worthy of it, looking forward to it!
Obviously Spirit is on my side, agreeing with me on this one.

And yup, it takes time. I remember when I was in that place after my divorce. Someone said I was going through rebound.
I felt he was nuts! But in retrospect he was dead on!
You simply cannot escape it, nor should one try as it's a natural process. You need it if you want to get 'whole' again.

Glad to hear you're back to your old self!
I too took my time to heal, and after that to enjoy being me!
I still celebrate my relationship with me. It's the most important one in life.

In any case, enjoy your 'me' time!

Sat 06/24/23 03:03 AM
Well, maybe I intuitively sensed the following???
Turns out he got divorced earlier this year. So he's only very recently out of a relationship.

I'm not going to give that a try and end up in another rebound situation in which I'm the one that gets hurt.
I've done that before, ignored the fact he hadn't been single very long, because the vibe between us was astounding! But... it went wrong in the end, then took me 2 years of my precious time to get over that.

Maybe Spirit has intuitively made me hold back and tread carefully as opposed to jumping right in.

Sat 06/24/23 02:37 AM
Currently watching Star Trek: Discovery which is set before Cpt Pike ends up on the Enterprise in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

It didn't draw me in as fast as ST:Strange New Worlds did. At first I thought of finding something else to watch as a lot was about Klingons that look like the Neanderthal version of them in this series.
I've never been keen on Klingon stuff.
Thank goodness it soon became very interesting regardless!

Fri 06/23/23 02:31 PM

Lucky that I live in a part of the United States with no hurricanes or tornados.

Lucky that I live in Western Europe, The Netherlands, where we have no hurricanes, tornados, rattle and other venomous snakes, cougars, dangerous spiders, great whites, (grizzly) bears, hornets, alligators.
And I do believe there are quite dangerous scorpions too, esp very small whitish ones. shades

Fri 06/23/23 01:15 PM

I’ll have to check out Numb3rs. I love crime dramas.

What are you up to this summer? Will you go fishing or camping or something fun?

Numb3rs???
That is ancient, hihi. Although I see it ran until 2021.
I watched it at first then for some reason stopped. I guess I didn't find it all that interesting, not sure.

Fri 06/23/23 01:13 PM

Thinking with hurricane season here and one already in the making, that it's going to be quite an active season. Probably a good idea to start stocking up and have a hurricane readiness kit/container. And make sure I have all the essentials and important documents in one place in the event that an evacuation is necessary. I didn't do any of this before Irma hit back in 2017 and ended up regretting not having done it.

Seems like a very smart move! Make sure your car is in pristine order as well in case you have to leave. And enough petrol. If memory serves you get long queues at petrol stations when things like that are forecast to hit land!

I learned my lesson about not keeping my tank full last weekend, when it took me three hours to get home, haha.

But yes, petrol/gas is tough to get if a major hurricane hits. Most of the stations ran out when Irma hit. So I will definitely keep my tank full, and have back-up in case we're targeted again.

Exactly!
I remember when my girl lived in Texas, her husband was abroad (military, helicopter pilot) and they had that severe flooding close to their home. Can't recall if that was from a hurricane or not but alas.
Her in-laws warned her to get petrol and many were already doing that, queues a mile long, petrol running out at stations, long waits etc.
She didn't bother, nor did she have other things like an emergency kit. I think she couldn't fathom the seriousness of it all. We're not used to such things over here in Europe, although floodings can happen from time to time, so it's easy to underestimate, especially when young and erm... what's the right word? Brazen? Something like that, hihi.
I was SO worried!!
Thank goodness it never quite got to her home, close, but not to the extent she had to leave.

In any case, hope it's all going to work out for you and pass you by!

Fri 06/23/23 12:48 PM

To me it does cause I don’t want to date someone my fathers age or older.

That, or my son's age. That is just freaking weird!!

Fri 06/23/23 11:42 AM

Thinking with hurricane season here and one already in the making, that it's going to be quite an active season. Probably a good idea to start stocking up and have a hurricane readiness kit/container. And make sure I have all the essentials and important documents in one place in the event that an evacuation is necessary. I didn't do any of this before Irma hit back in 2017 and ended up regretting not having done it.

Seems like a very smart move! Make sure your car is in pristine order as well in case you have to leave. And enough petrol. If memory serves you get long queues at petrol stations when things like that are forecast to hit land!

Fri 06/23/23 05:54 AM
Chilling, giving my body a rest after the hard work at my mum's yesterday.

Fri 06/23/23 05:06 AM
Yes, I will do what feels comfortable to me! That's one thing I have learnt from the past for sure! No more going out of my way to try and suit the other by doing things that don't really feel right to me.
I did feel that innate tendency come up with this man, which I think is why I reacted the way I did. I do NOT want to feel pressured, pushed, or made to do stuff that I just don't want to do.
Like him suggesting to go to a certain town for drinks that would mean about an hour's drive for me. Not going to happen. I'd told him I'm uncomfortable driving far in my car as it needs some maintenance at the mo, then he came up with that?!
Turned out he thought that town was close by for me, haha.
So just clearly telling a man does work.
The he said he'd come over to my area so I could even cycle it if I'd prefer that over the car.

What I've done so far is send him messages the way I normally would. Just general chit-chat.
And just now... he said it was a lot of fun to be exchanging this way, talking to each other via messages :D
Isn't that something?!
Now I can relax. And now I feel like telling him, soonish, "Okay, let's get that coffee!"

Fri 06/23/23 03:32 AM

Devil's advocate here... maybe he's not wanting to invest in getting to know you until "after" you meet face to face? No different than you wanting to get to know him more "before" you meet face to face.

Before we had internet, how did we do it? We met a perfect stranger, got that warm fuzzy feeling, (sometimes both got it, sometimes just one got it) decided to have coffee, and got to know each other, or not.

Now that we have the convenience of the internet, we can take our time chatting before we actually meet face to face. It's safer, easier, and avoids all that awkwardness of meeting face to face with someone you barely know.

The down side to that is you could spend a few weeks or couple of months chatting with this person, thinking you click, and then discover after meeting that there's no real connection. Perhaps he gets that so wants to meet as soon as possible?

Maybe a little more clarification is necessary? Just a thought.

Haha, just read what you last posted. Yes, being more blunt might help with the situation.

Yes, you're right, could very well be he's one of those that wants to meet before investing.
Well, maybe I'll just go meet him. I haven't checked the site yet to see if he's messaged anything at all. In a way certain things are handy. He's retired early so doesn't have to work, meaning he can easily come over than a working man, he didn't mind the drive (he lives quite far away and no way am I going over to his area in my car). He was fine with that.

Why is all this chit so difficult, haha. I'd much prefer a man ringing the doorbell, special delivery, "I'm your Mr Right!"
Skipping all that to-do of sifting and sorting, lol.

How we did it before the internet? I don't know as I never really dated much. Never liked it. I went abroad when I was 19, didn't date in Indonesia (too different, too short). Met my husband via the sport school, got married with children.
When we divorced we had internet.
So the old-fashioned way is more alien to me than the internet-way, haha.

Fri 06/23/23 02:43 AM
24C sunny but there are some thin clouds. Bit of wind.

Fri 06/23/23 02:34 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Fri 06/23/23 02:40 AM
I suddenly remember that often men don't get what a woman is telling him as she's not direct enough.
To me I feel I have been direct, but I know you have to be so direct that to me it feels I'm horribly blunt. I know that as long as I still am polite I'm not clear enough for a bloke to understand.
So... I'm going to tell him more clearly -I hope. And see what happens.

Also odd to be fumbling with this stuff now, haha. I haven't been active with dating for quite some time. Had to heal after my last relationship, then there was the pandemic, then I was busy with other stuff.
How easy it is to forget how it all works, and the tiny things that you come across?!
I got a bit rusty, haha.

I've recently become a paying member of a 50+ dating site as I want to get on with it, meet someone, find someone. And suddenly I'm getting quite a lot of interest too.

Fri 06/23/23 02:31 AM

One gets a feeling, ("yes or no"), after a few messages, ("too eager, not eager enough"), ("too weird") ("too far away"), what ever. Then after a few more back and forths,("ya wanna have a coffee?") or ("not").

It's a coffee or beer in a public place, not a marriage contract.

That's exactly it and as it is, by lack of those messages, I do not have that feeling to go out and meet him. Why would I?
So far it feels to me as if all I've been doing is trying to explain to him why I don't want to meet him as it is.
I think he just doesn't get it. He feels something, sees potential, that seems enough for him to meet. As it is I don't feel that way about him though. I'd need more exchange...

Fri 06/23/23 02:28 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Fri 06/23/23 02:29 AM

Yeah, I have to have the letch long before the meet.
Otherwise it is just a viewing which I save for funerals.

I wouldn't quite put it that way, haha, but still... yes! You need to feel something, intrigue, a letch, whatever, but something.

Fri 06/23/23 02:27 AM

I haven't anticipated meeting anyone to start a relationship in a long time?

Its easy to go meet with someone for coffee or lunch. Hell, I've met people while having coffee or a lunch.

When I met with my gf I wasn't planning on a relationship I just went to have a bite. What developed for us, came after the meet, a few weeks after.

Just set a time and a place and ask him what he will be wearing (that way you know when you find the right person).
Then just say hi, introduce yourself and go get yer coffee. Where the conversation goes from there is up to you and him.

Try just being a person and leave the relationship mess out of it till if or when one actually happens.

Yeah, but that's mostly talking to people when you're already out and about.
And I do take it you exchanged for a bit with your GF before you met? Or did you send her a message right away to ask, "I think we have a lot of potential, shall me meet for coffees"?
There must have been something of intrigue or interest that made you want to get up and go out?