SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sat 07/29/23 03:16 AM

I really enjoyed the first season of "The Witcher", starring Henry Cavill, as Geralt, the guy the books and the video games were based on, but in the following seasons the show has seemed to make a concentrated effort to put him in the background. It hasn't been nearly as good, I haven't finished this third season and an struggling to stay awake to do so.

I find that's often what happens with series after the 1st season. For some reason or other it's as if they don't know how to continue after a successful season 1 and end up doing just whatever. Creating too many complex story-lines and characters that you cannot remember who they are, what they do, or where they came from.

I felt the same thing with Game of Thrones but I've also seen it with police/crime series. Too much drama, and losing sight of what it originally was about.

What it basically is, is allowing the back-drop to become the focal point and the original theme & focus fades into the background.

Fri 07/28/23 03:02 PM
Watched the last episode of The Witcher season 4, also the last ever with Henry Cavill as The Witcher.

They probably begin shooting season 4 in 2024 which means we likely won't see it until 2025?!?!

Why do I even watch series anymore? Having to wait 2-3 years all the time, I'll be pushing 70 by the time they finish this & other series. Really sux.
I guess I should change my MO and not watch anything newish, but simply wait for there to be at least 3 seasons to watch.

Thu 07/27/23 05:06 AM
It'll be different for everyone and every couple as it's all about what you're (both) comfortable and happy with.

The bible is a book that was made by men. Women had no say in it whatsoever as in those days women were oppressed and regarded inferior creatures.
So it was made my men only and in an extremely patriarchal time.
That is not a particularly good guide for people today.

It's also not up to date, it's as out of date as can be!
But if you're comfortable living under those conditions, as a submissive and inferior being, then you can do that.
We do have choice these days whereas in the times the bible was created they did not.

Thu 07/27/23 04:50 AM
Imagine them doing this with Patrick Steward (cpt. Picard) in the Next Gen.! Would be totally hilarious and wouldn't work at all with such a good and powerful actor.

Thu 07/27/23 04:48 AM

Oh something else they always do in ST original series: film young allegedly pretty women through a somewhat hazy lens, accompanied with specific music, to make her appear beautiful. The music is for a mesmerising effect (I guesstimate).

I spose we could call these the very first beauty filters, haha.

Yes, haha!

I started watching the original series again last night. I'm not sure if I ever saw the entire series from beginning to end. I started towards the end of the first season, where I left off about a year ago.

In Season 1, episode 29... "The City on the Edge of Forever", I noticed they did that with the music when Kirk was interacting with the woman. Both the somewhat hazy lens and the camera moving slowly to show only her face/head, while playing the music, definitely gave that mesmerizing effect, haha. They actually did the music thing with Kirk as well. Gave him a softer, more romantic appearance.

Haha, must be something. I haven't quite gotten to that episode yet.

Have you also noticed that oftentimes, when Kirk needs to make some kind of stronger impression, they shoot him with only his eyes properly lit and the top and bottom parts of his face slightly in shadow? Making him seem more mysterious or powerful or whatever?
I suppose they felt they had to rely on cheap visual tricks more than good acting with the right facial expressions?

Thu 07/27/23 04:44 AM
19C overcast & showers, as was forecast, with a lot of wind.

A crap day, but good to defrost & clean the freezer. The door was accidentally left ajar the other day, so it was a mess!

Thu 07/27/23 03:24 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Thu 07/27/23 03:24 AM
Oh something else they always do in ST original series: film young allegedly pretty women through a somewhat hazy lens, accompanied with specific music, to make her appear beautiful. The music is for a mesmerising effect (I guesstimate).

I spose we could call these the very first beauty filters, haha.

Wed 07/26/23 12:21 PM
Holy cow... that's young!!
I hope she made a good transition and is now at peace.
:heart:

Wed 07/26/23 12:18 PM

Yeah, Deep Space 9 used to put me to sleep. I watched it when I was in NH. Eric insisted we watch the whole series before moving on to Voyager. I eventually started liking it, but still slept through quite a bit, haha.

I really like NG and Voyager.

I don't remember the actor who played Pike in Discovery. I'm terrible about that kind of thing, haha. But the one who plays in Strange New Worlds I really like. Hopefully they will come out with a movie or two starring him.

It's the same actor playing Pike in both these series.
He's quite smexy, hihi love
But he's a good actor so it's not just his looks.

Wed 07/26/23 10:43 AM
I tried ST Enterprise when it first aired and I couldn't get the hang of it either. It just felt off. So I never watched it bar for maybe the first 2 episodes. It was too much of a struggle to watch for me, it just doesn't work for some reason or other.

I also gave up on ST Deep Space 9. Really wasn't my thing.
Voyager, ST NG on the other hand I do love and have watched more than once.

What I find peculiar about ST Strange New Worlds is that the actor playing Pike looks and behaves so much like Kirk they could've continued the Kirk thing with him, movies too. He's better suited than Chris Pine and at the time I felt he was a marvelous match.
But having seen Anson Mount (I believe his name is)... he's way better! His style is so "Kirk"!
But I guess they felt it was better to stay away from Kirk for now. And with Pike, who knows, they might end up doing movies again!

Wed 07/26/23 09:00 AM
21C a very sunny day! Quite windy still, which is why it's just too cold for shorts. But otherwise a lovely day!

Tue 07/25/23 03:44 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Tue 07/25/23 03:44 PM
I'm watching Star Trek the original series, and even though it is intriguing, some things are also hilarious.
There's the sounds, the props and settings. The computers and their 'floppies' a far cry from what a computer looks like.
The acting is odd. I've watched this series before, but didn't recall there was so much shouting and being angry at someone (esp. coming from Cpt. Kirk). I guess what was thought to be good acting was different in those days?
Copy/paste that kind of anger-issue behaviour unto Cpt. Picard... it wouldn't compute! The man was an amazing mediator.

But the most bizarre thing... the outfits of the female crew members! I used to think they were very short dresses, but they're not. They're tunics (they call them that in the series) and these are so short they were knickers in the same colour as the tunic they wear.
It'd be considered indecent exposure these days. Talk about using women as sex & lust objects! Apparently that was still totally okay back then.
And also... in those days shaving wasn't really standard as far as I know? I believe "the jungle down there' was normal. But considering their outfits... I guess these women invented bikini-line shaving? Maybe even Brazilians? (Ouch!!)

Seeing a young William Shatner is pleasing, hihi.

Tue 07/25/23 01:12 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Tue 07/25/23 01:14 PM
My day has been so insanely busy that I totally forgot that it was The Day Out of Time.
Tomorrow is the Planetary New Year.
Both are annual happenings.

If you want to read more about it, why they exist and what it means, you can follow the link.
Tomorrow, the Planetary New Year, is also the start of the build-up in energies of the Lion's Gate Portal which will be on 8-8.

(scroll down a little bit on the site)

http://madmimi.com/s/de3c15?fbclid=IwAR3g8H2kVm65pMRwovnbUqgbPubqMCG6AQ2GFFuIrgwXe0b-j6hi9hGG0yQ#:~:text=The%20Planetary%20New%20Year%20~~~~%20A%20New%20Cycle%20of%20Time

Tue 07/25/23 03:21 AM
20C clouds & sun alternating, a lot of wind.

Mon 07/24/23 09:30 AM
Feeling good that I have decided to become a blogger on the dating site I'm a paid member of.
Not everyone can blog, but apparently there was room for one more. And since I like to write... It has to be related to dating etc. but that's not a problem.

Mon 07/24/23 06:43 AM
20C, started okayish, but just now we had tremendous rainfall!
It's still very windy too.
And looks like we'll get more rain, very dark clouds.

Sun 07/23/23 09:57 AM
Nothing as I don't live in America but in The Netherlands :)

Sun 07/23/23 09:56 AM
20C-21C started overcast with showers and strong wind. Later on got some sun but still really strong wind. Insane gusts.

Right now, 19.00, sun has gone again, wind is still very strong.

Sun 07/23/23 09:53 AM
If you yourself don't know you're worthy and have to ask a bunch of strangers, then no, you are not.

Sun 07/23/23 09:52 AM
Thank you :)
It is, however, just one painting...
One that I will put up on the wall in my living room. I will move my elephant in Africa to another place...