SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sat 08/12/23 10:34 AM
Thank you so much, Jenny!

Sat 08/12/23 09:57 AM
Here's the finished work.
I'm happy with it!
The colours are not quite so bright/yellow in the real painting, but I can't get it right with my Xiaomi :/

I'll add a close up so you can also see the blue moon sickle tattoos on the foreheads of both priestesses.
Technically the one in orange/tan dress should be wearing a blue dress as they got the tattoo once initiated and then they wore woad-dyed blue dresses. But alas... Artistic freedom.
Maybe her blue one was in the wash, haha.

Fri 08/11/23 10:23 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Fri 08/11/23 10:27 AM

Thinking... Lahaina is destroyed by wild fires. The Earth is pissed.

I doubt that. It'd take huge amounts of alcohol for the Earth to get pissed.

From what I understand all disasters as flooding, quakes, serious fires are to cleanse. Mother Earth cleansing herself from (our) past history and dense energies that all got absorbed by her.
Nevertheless, huge pieces of important wildlife are lost, like major part of the Amazon 2-3 yrs back.

Apart from all that it also raises awareness and compassion, which are both direly needed on the planet.

Fri 08/11/23 06:00 AM
Thank you, Bobtail!

Fri 08/11/23 03:10 AM
Thinking... I hope Roosje doesn't work out that she could possibly get outside over the top of the drying rack.
I put that in the opening. There's fly curtain over it, the sides of which are hanging free.
So far the contraption worked beautifully, allowing me to have the door open and keep the kitten indoors regardless.
But... looks like she's beginning to get a bit too curious now :/

Fri 08/11/23 03:04 AM
25C mostly sunny but more clouds will come in this afternoon.
Not too much wind.

It was supposed to be the best day of the week, but looks like yesterday was that day. Nothing but sun yesterday!

Fri 08/11/23 02:53 AM
Thank you, Julie :)

Thu 08/10/23 02:46 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Thu 08/10/23 02:50 AM
What was new is getting a popup once a day with 9 I might like. So they're suggestions for me by Mingle.
All 9 are already checked, so if I just click, or I believe press 'enter' as well, it sends a "like" out to each of them.
I did that once, got a few back, so now I am more careful.

And right before that popup appears a larger one which -I think- is an advertisement for Mingle. Not even sure as I'm not interested.
I get rid of it, then wait 2 secs for the smaller one to appear with the suggestions, get rid of that too, and Bob's your uncle.

It's only once per 24 hrs, so I don't really care, although I'd rather not have it.

I do not, however, get a pop-up of who viewed me. I'd have to check my account for that, which I don't do as I ain't interested :p

Wed 08/09/23 02:13 PM

As it is I've done a lot more work. The stairs have be redone, different colour too. Added the apple tree that goes with Avalon, stone circle etc.
The path leading from the stairs was much lighter at first, and to be honest I really loved it!
But then the priestess in front of the statue didn't stand out enough. I considered changing the colour of her dress, but decided against that.

I'm not sure yet whether or not I will paint one more priestess on the stairs, which was my original idea.

Mon 08/07/23 02:30 AM
More work done. This painting doesn't come easy. I keep having to make big corrections, something I normally rarely have to do.
I'm making progress nonetheless.

I shortened the tree, for which I had to redo part of the background. This needs to be soften more as the transition of colours is rather abrupt now.
But I like it better with the shorter tree :D

And added the priestess. She has the tiny typical blue moon tattoo on her forehead that initiated priestesses of Avalon had. This means her dress should've been blue, but I didn't want all/most of the dresses to be blue.
A close up of her:'

Sat 08/05/23 03:46 PM
Gotten further with it, but not done yet.

Close-up of the priestess who's dying wool or fabric with woad, to the bottom right of the painting...

Fri 08/04/23 01:25 PM
You're very welcome :D
Glad to see you did change the photo. This is so much better!! I'm sure it's going to work for you :)

Good luck!

Fri 08/04/23 12:20 PM
Okay. I'd suggest different profile photo though. This one is very unclear as a thumbnail, I couldn't make out how to find a human shape in there at first. You must keep in mind people don't necessarily see the full picture, but the thumbnail.

It's not a good photo either, you look grumpy & unhappy.
The 2nd doesn't flatter you, the one with face mask is useless as people want to see your face. We all know what a face mask looks like.

Why you didn't use the 3rd one as profile photo is beyond me as that is lovely.

In any case, good luck.

Thu 08/03/23 03:13 PM
Thinking... I got myself a date coming Wednesday. I've got serious doubts about it, but still...

Thu 08/03/23 02:30 PM
Heart of Stone Release August 11

Rachel Stone is an intelligence operative, the only woman who stands between her powerful global peacekeeping organization and the loss of its most valuable -- and dangerous -- asset.

Wed 08/02/23 01:29 PM

A few more things of interest:
Zefram Cochrane, the inventor of warp speed that features in "First Contact" movie with the NG crew, is also featured in the original series!
I had no idea.

And somewhere during season 1 of this original series they end up on a planet with a being that is very similar to Q, again from the NG.
Cannot remember his name now, but basically also a kind of young godlike being that's harassing them until its/his parents interfere.
So the entire idea of Q wasn't new either, but quite likely based on that.
Must admit Q was a helluva lot more fun with his "Mon capitan!", hihi. Although when it first aired in the 90s I couldn't stand him, now I find him hilarious.

You are referring to General Trelane retired, in the episode "The Squire of Gothos". He was watching earth but he was 700 light years away so he was confused as to how the earth had ships capable of space travel. He didn't realize he was looking at earth 700 years ago. He also played a Klingon commander in the episode "The Trouble With Tribbles". There were 79 episodes spread over 3 years.

Yes, that's the one!

Tue 08/01/23 09:46 AM

Tue 08/01/23 09:43 AM
20C sunny start of the day but it's been overcast for quite some time now (19.00). Strong wind.

Tue 08/01/23 09:34 AM
A few more things of interest:
Zefram Cochrane, the inventor of warp speed that features in "First Contact" movie with the NG crew, is also featured in the original series!
I had no idea.

And somewhere during season 1 of this original series they end up on a planet with a being that is very similar to Q, again from the NG.
Cannot remember his name now, but basically also a kind of young godlike being that's harassing them until its/his parents interfere.
So the entire idea of Q wasn't new either, but quite likely based on that.
Must admit Q was a helluva lot more fun with his "Mon capitan!", hihi. Although when it first aired in the 90s I couldn't stand him, now I find him hilarious.

Sun 07/30/23 02:32 PM
I've started a new one 2 days ago. I know what I'd like on it, but not certain I have enough space, so I may have to choose.
Although partly drawing inspiration from a movie, this is for the most part entirely intuitively done, so I too have no idea what the end result will look like.