SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sun 08/20/23 03:30 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Sun 08/20/23 03:30 AM
And we have another newbie entering the scene to strut his stuff without the slightest inkling of how the forum works, and what the rules are.
slaphead

Sat 08/19/23 03:03 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Sat 08/19/23 03:04 PM

Sounds like a super plan, and I guess you would have to have more than a single deck made/printed?

Thank you!!
And maybe. Not necessarily.
In a way it'd help sales I spose, but in that sense having a book on a spiritual subject could also be helpful and that's another thing I've been thinking about doing for years. I've even started on one but then didn't follow through with it.
A bit in two minds whether or not I'd write in English or Dutch...
I do have a UK publisher but that for a totally different genre (contemporary romance, BDSM romance genre).
I do know a Dutch publisher that would be great. Just as long as I do not have to invest anything myself as I'm not going to do that. Some publishers are like that, forcing you to purchase 1000 copies of your work for instance. Then I gotta try and flog them. And then the publisher's got their initial cost covered.
Not going to happen! That's not how I am going to do things.
But I believe the Dutch publisher I've called 2 yrs ago didn't work that way.

In any case, things to consider for sure!
But I should really finish the 3rd novel in my BDSM romance sequel... Long overdue, hihi.
Doesn't really have my interest anymore, but I do want to get the 3rd and 4th out. Then I'm done with it.

Sat 08/19/23 10:17 AM
The Capture - 2020 - 7,9 IMDB rating
British series, 2 seasons

About a new system used by government (security) called "correction" that's based on abusing & manipulating images & footage from CCTV to get things done that suit government/certain parties.

Quite scary to think this is possible and likely happening and the fact that CCTV is everywhere.

I feel season 1 & 2 should/could be rated separately. Season 1 is okay at first but quickly becomes very long-winded and too much drama. I felt it increasingly difficult to finish and grew quite fed up with it.
Then I decided to watch season 2 regardless, and boy am I glad I did!
It is AWESOME in capitals!
If you've given this one a try and decided it wasn't for you, see season 1 through, bear and grin with it, so you can watch the 2nd one. It helps to know the basics before you start that, not sure if it'd make a lot of sense as stand-alone.

Holy cow, was it good! Whoever wrote that did an excellent job.

In that sense I'd rate season 1 with a meagre 5-6, only because it lays the foundation for season 2.

Season 2 I rate a solid 10+.

Fri 08/18/23 03:28 PM
What does the pandemic have to do with it being difficult now?
I don't see the relevance.

If you want to meet someone online from your area you have to be on a good site with people from your country and/or area.
I'm on a pretty good dating site since a few months now, a Dutch one. I doubt anyone's fake there and if so it'll be a mere few.
I got asked on a date within a week, but we cancelled the day before -mutually, although I mentioned it first- cos of the distance.

And don't put all your eggs in one basket, also do plenty of things in the flesh that allows you to meet people.

Thu 08/17/23 04:22 PM
Thank you, Jaan! Will do :)

OT - Slow Horses -2022 - 7,9 IMDB rating
UK series
With Gary Oldman
2 seasons and 3rd & 4th have been confirmed.

REALLY good! Department of MI5 that's run by the so called losers from MI5. Yet, they do a good job and their slouchy boss is a real good agent.

I'm hooked, can't wait for the next season!

Thu 08/17/23 06:44 AM
My own oracle cards... I've been thinking about that for years. But then I counted the paintings I had and realised I didn't have enough for a deck of 44, the usual amount of cards.
Then another thing... some paintings are landscape, not portrait. These days you do have oracle deck with both types of cards in it, I've got at least one, but don't find it handy.
So that was another obstacle.

Then the other day, when I'd finished my Dreaming of Avalon painting, I suddenly had the solution for both issues.
I have way more paintings in the meantime as I've painted so much this year, so numbers isn't so much of a problem anymore.
But the landscape thing... suddenly thought I could do parts of a painting and have that in portrait format.

Problem solved, and even better as sometimes different scenes in a painting would & could represent different messages!

So instead of having the landscape problem with Dreaming of Avalon I'd for instance use this:

And if I want I can take other parts of the painting as well.
So who knows... might still happen at some point!!
Wouldn't that be lovely?! Having MY images and also my own interpretation :D
Usually people only channel the messages and someone else does the artwork. I can do both myself.

Thu 08/17/23 06:25 AM
Doing this thing in the garden that was supposed to be a quickie. Then there'd be time to do something enjoyable for me.
But then... suddenly it's half past 3?!?! WTH happened??

Thu 08/17/23 04:58 AM
Sorry to have upset you, hihi.
And it's not that it wasn't good. Not at all! I think it set the tone, played an important rather ground-breaking role. Space travel, meeting alien species, the way they lived, sci-fi itself and so on.
Even Cpt. Kirk's kissing alien woman in a very subconscious way was a message to be totally okay -and even attracted to- other races & species.
A theme that's very contemporary considering refugees and immigrants from other cultures into our culture & countries.

And it created the perfect platform to introduce the Next Generation in the 90s.
At the time I always said that way of life represented what we are headed for. Far less imbalanced patriarchal (not hinging on so much on status and achieving high income anymore), living more from the heart which is why they're exploring and have the desire to meet new ways of life and so on. No more wars on Earth etc.
And I still believe it's what mankind is headed for.

What I did want to point out is how old-fashioned the old Star Trek is. It shows how fast our technical and societal progress is going.
These days it would be totally not done to have women walk around in knickers and a way too short tunic.

In any case, I love most of the ST stuff :D

Mon 08/14/23 10:11 AM

Hope to see more Avalon/Druid paintings. :heart:

Hi Stormy!
Who knows... smile2

Mon 08/14/23 10:06 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Mon 08/14/23 10:07 AM

I shall forever love the John Wick movies.

The martial arts alone is breathtaking. Similar to Keanu Reeves. drool

I agree, but last times I tried there were too many flashing & flickering light scenes and my sensitive brain cannot handle that.
I've had epilepsy in the past, although briefly only, and a whiplash and another accident with head injury. All that leaves you extremely sensitive to flickering & flashing light.
When movies resort to go there -often to hide specific things, in the past always related to poor special effects- I will have to switch it off.

I've even had to leave shops because of flickering lights, halogen or TL mostly. When I tell shop attendants/keepers they have to change their lights they look at me as if I'm nuts. Most don't see it.
I've addressed it on a spiritual forum... turns out a great many -if not all- spiritual people have the same problem.

In any case, it's the reason I've not watched the John Wick movies bar for the 1st one. I think part of the 2nd.
I'd love to watch them as I love good martial arts, but if that means having to have my hand in front of my eyes to protect me from the light stuff... Not worth it.

Mon 08/14/23 10:00 AM

Morning Crystal,.

I was really taken with a serial on scifi channel called Outpost..

About blackbloods?

I don't know if you've already seen it..

I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion, Jaan!

Sun 08/13/23 03:28 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Sun 08/13/23 03:28 PM
Hijack - 2023 - (mini) series - 7,5 IMDB rating
Probably just one season as the story ends with the last episode.

With Idris Elba

I liked it!

Sun 08/13/23 10:06 AM

How interesting Crystal. Nice to read the story behind the inspiration so thanks for sharing. Hopefully one day soon you’ll try woad dyeing again with greater success happy

I agree, the greenery on the cliff is painted very well. Perhaps it was the way you used light and shade which gives it that 3D effect.

Again, one of your finest paintings to date.

Thank you, Delightful :heart: :heart:
Also for the correct spelling of dyeing. I had it wrong, spoke of dying woad, hahaha.

Sun 08/13/23 07:52 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Sun 08/13/23 08:22 AM
What also stood out to me...

The number of times I wondered about changing the lives, culture etc. of a planet and its people.
They didn't seem to care much about that. A number of times Kirk argued about it, wanting to do that as it was for the best interest of those people. At least according to him.

Me wondering... the Prime Directive hasn't been invented yet?

Then somewhere during season 3, the last season, the Prime Directive suddenly is mentioned. About 2 or 3 times so not often.

Also, one of the last episodes Spock says to another crew member "Captain Kirk will take care of it with his diplomatic balm."

Me thinking... "What diplomat balm?" Kirk is as subtle as the proverbial bull in a China shop!
All he does is scream, get angry, try to force others to do what he wants etc.
It must've put quite some strain on his vocal chords and blood pressure to play the part of Captain Kirk, haha.

I have btw read that William Shatner wasn't particularly liked by the rest of the cast. Apparently he was very full of himself and unpleasant to work with.

Sun 08/13/23 07:45 AM

I'm watching Star Trek the original series, and even though it is intriguing, some things are also hilarious.
There's the sounds, the props and settings. The computers and their 'floppies' a far cry from what a computer looks like.
The acting is odd. I've watched this series before, but didn't recall there was so much shouting and being angry at someone (esp. coming from Cpt. Kirk). I guess what was thought to be good acting was different in those days?
Copy/paste that kind of anger-issue behaviour unto Cpt. Picard... it wouldn't compute! The man was an amazing mediator.

But the most bizarre thing... the outfits of the female crew members! I used to think they were very short dresses, but they're not. They're tunics (they call them that in the series) and these are so short they were knickers in the same colour as the tunic they wear.
It'd be considered indecent exposure these days. Talk about using women as sex & lust objects! Apparently that was still totally okay back then.
And also... in those days shaving wasn't really standard as far as I know? I believe "the jungle down there' was normal. But considering their outfits... I guess these women invented bikini-line shaving? Maybe even Brazilians? (Ouch!!)

Seeing a young William Shatner is pleasing, hihi.

there was an episode that was very ground breaking in which Kirk kissed Uhuru. and then there is Kirk's karate chop. it did push boundaries

Yes, I read about that somewhere and then watched the episode.
Not much of a kiss and it wasn't even that both wanted to, but I suppose in those days it was a big no-go still!

Sun 08/13/23 07:43 AM
BTW... you know what really stuns me? the way that tall cliff with the greenery on it truly looks 3D!
No clue how I managed to do it but damm did that work out well!

Sun 08/13/23 07:39 AM

Loving your latest piece Crystal. Think you’ve outdone yourself with this one! flowerforyou

Thank you so much, Delightful!
I strongly felt I did that with the other one with the 3 master in the harbour.
But this one is different as it comes from my heart and in that sense is way more meaningful to me!

The woad-dying priestess for instance... something that was done in Avalon as well, they had a secret recipe to get the specific colour for the priestess dresses.
I tried dying with woad some 15 yrs ago. Made a vat, not with pee, you can also be successful with soda ash (I think it was).
I'd bought all the goodies from a woman in the UK, but the temp of my vat wasn't high enough. I had to heat it electrically as we didn't have a garden at the time, and it was a crap summer as well.
So it failed abysmally.
In a way I should try again. I still do have some of the woad powder etc.

In any case, for me woad dying is strongly connected to Avalon so that had to be in the painting.

Apple tree as Avalon is the isle of apples...
Spiral... personal thing, I love spirals, hihi.

Legend has it that there used to be a stone circle on the Tor. Christians ruined that :'(
I didn't exactly paint the Tor, but the stone circle had to be there!

I was in two minds about the last priestess on the stairs. But dang was it a good decision to paint her there!
It just brings it all together :D

Anyhow, I'm truly happy that you appreciate it!!
:heart:

Sun 08/13/23 07:30 AM

Wow SparklingCrystal,

You have a lot of talent :raised_hands:...

Some people are just blessed I guessed...

Thank you so much, Jaan!
Thank goodness we all have something we're good at :)

Sun 08/13/23 03:17 AM
23C lots of sun, sometimes cloudy, not too windy.

Sat 08/12/23 02:40 PM
Thank you, Julie!

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25