SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž's photo
Sun 03/10/24 09:57 AM

So, only one day of the year that I should feel good? Almost midnight and I'm not appreciated.

Have at least profile pic.

Cat used to have a profile pic.
Quite an attractive lady.

Maybe she took it down because of all the unwanted attention...

Is it dinner time yet?
:fork_and_knife::yum:

She did indeed and never updated it. It was over 10 years old...

A bit like my photos, before the invention of mobile phones :joy:

I'm not photogenic, hence I probably have less than 25 photos total, from birth...

And about 21 of them are from a mobile phone camera :joy:

Many if not most people don't have a camera anymore and use their mobile phones for photos.
I honestly don't know anyone who still has a camera that they use.
Somewhere in a cupboard I still have mine but mobile phone cameras are way better quality than the camera. An Olympus, but nonetheless mobiles caught up years ago.

And especially youngsters buy a mobile with a really good quality camera in it. My kids do too, certainly my son. Their photos are astounding!
I usually have around the middle-ground-camera on my phone as I cannot afford the real expensive ones. But I do want a good camera in it nonetheless as that's what I use most.
And great audio as I used to record a lot of vids for my YT channel. Especially my Huawei had top notch audio!

It's never been easier to have plenty of photos than it is now!
No excuse!
Not being photogenic isn't either tongue2 :smile:

Sun 03/10/24 03:45 AM

So, only one day of the year that I should feel good? Almost midnight and I'm not appreciated.

A positive happy attitude begets appreciation...

Sun 03/10/24 03:44 AM

Have at least profile pic.

Cat used to have a profile pic.
Quite an attractive lady.

Maybe she took it down because of all the unwanted attention...

Is it dinner time yet?
:fork_and_knife::yum:

She did indeed and never updated it. It was over 10 years old...

Sun 03/10/24 03:41 AM
You may not like it, but you asked...

I am authentic and transparent. ,,,OKAY

I value authenticity and you being yourself. you already said that above...

I'm not superficial and don't value superficial things... you already said that 2x

I like to have conversations about meaningful things yes, you made that clear...

and look to build a life that has purpose. yes, we get it by now!

I don't play games and don't have time for games. Yes, we REALLY do get it! Overkill

Let's connect on Google chat. Seriously? After that you try to lure women off-site??

In short, you say a lot yet say nothing at all. You keep repeating yourself in different words.
It all feels demanding and way too serious.
Don't you ever have fun and laugh?

My advise: Rewrite the whole lot, make it more lively and fun to read.
(I normally would've left after 1,5 sentence as it's not appealing.)

Sun 03/10/24 03:26 AM
Seems like a very crude division of personalities.
Almost everyone in Western society has non-stop raised stress levels and would therefore be a type A.
Yet not everyone fits the rest of that description.

It's like dividing people in good people and bad people. It doesn't work that way. Lot of blends and grey areas.

Sun 03/10/24 03:19 AM
Thank you Julie :)

Sat 03/09/24 11:39 AM
Even though I'm feeling a bit under the weather I've painted a bit.
I corrected the hairline, worked on the background (that needs another layer here and there) and started with the dragon.
The latter is a bit of trial and error to see what works and what doesn't, and how to get the effect I'm after.

What remains for the girl is some fine detail and the tiara. Although I'm not sure anymore whether I want that or not.
I might get rid of it altogether, not sure.

Fri 03/08/24 02:50 AM
Happy International Women's Day!

Wishing that one day very soon we are truly equal so we won't need a special day to remind ourselves of this!

Thu 03/07/24 10:05 AM
I've been working on my new painting for a number of sessions now and feel like sharing how far I've gotten :)
It is obviously not done yet.
I'm beginning to get real excited about it! The hardest parts are yet to come, hihi. Seriously going to challenge myself tongue2
And I'm seriously not certain I can pull it off. Fingers crossed!

Thu 02/29/24 01:57 AM
Thank you, Julie!

Wed 02/28/24 09:42 AM
I finished it this afternoon :)
I'm really happy with it, I love how the snow turned out, and I love the intense colours.

Wed 02/28/24 02:46 AM

Tiny homes are becoming popular in my area ... 500sq feet of space ... very compact , but good enough for one person and an occasional guest ... Problem is it's expensive to build a community of Tiny homes ....and so far there is no Group of developers doing the needful ... So seasonal trailer parks are putting aside large lots , for people to put a Tiny home on ....and charging ridiculous amounts. as yearly maintenance fees ...and it still will be designated as a Mobile home ...

Many of the tiny houses I've seen are even smaller than a mobile home.
Mobile homes, or permanent caravans as they're called over here, tend to have 2 bedrooms and reasonable living space, some even have a larger bathroom.
The tiny homes don't have any of that.
I'd go nuts in one of 'em. I don't need a huge house, but a tiny home is too extreme.

Wed 02/28/24 02:41 AM

Crystal is needy and controlling at the same time. Slim gym and Crystal should be together.

What a peculiar thing to say. Certainly odd coming from a recluse and socially very awkward woman. I don't think you're in the right place to make any sound judgements, nor is it your place.
You don't even know me.

Mon 02/26/24 04:18 PM
Thinking...it's been a great day, now time to sleep!

Mon 02/26/24 03:49 PM
There are also a lot of benefits to moving in together which I don't think anyone has mentioned...

The joy of seeing each other every day, cooking & dining together, sleeping & waking together, having someone to talk to, to laugh with, to watch movies with, do fun stuff together, the intimacy of course. Not just sex but also daily hugs and cuddles and kisses, fleeting touches maybe.
Someone there to talk to if something is up, to help you out with XYZ...

You're really together in every sense of the word. You can furnish the one place together with things you both love and enjoy.
In that sense it offers so much more emotionally & psychologically etc.

When LAT-ing you miss out on all that good stuff, you only have it occasionally...

And then there are the financial benefits: only 1 rent/mortgage instead of 2 meaning you save a helluva lot of money each month that you can then spend on the great things in life.
Insurances for only one house too... maybe it's possible to only have one car...

Mon 02/26/24 03:41 PM
I too watched The Beekeeper the other day. I liked it a lot!
No nonsense action, no woolly storylines, great!

Mon 02/26/24 03:40 PM
2nd season of Halo is out, and that of Fire Country as well.

Mon 02/26/24 03:39 PM
Thank you so much! :D

Mon 02/26/24 11:53 AM
Thanks, Julie!!

More work done today :)
That bay window is a real git to do. Had to Gesso over it 3 times already, hihi.
Hope next time I work on it I get it right!

What's left to do is that window, the trees, and some finishing touches around the lake.

Sun 02/25/24 04:17 PM

@crystal !!!
Perhaps you were that exception .... come to think of it ... pretty sure you were !!!
My point was we all lose something in the break up of our relationships , so why the risk of doing that again !!
Hence , the living together apart relationship, could be considered the ideal kinda one for people with that mindset . It has nothing to do with man versus woman .....

In a way, yes, but then you got two damaged people in a relationship which thus can never be whole. It could be enough if both aren't willing to work on healing etc.
I mentioned all that in my post on pg 1, and the thing is that if you want a truly healthy fulfilling relationship you have to be willing to risk getting hurt again.
If you don't you keep most of your heart closed, protected and shielded.
That does keep you from getting hurt up to a point (not entirely!) but... it also keeps you from being able to feel love and to receive love.

Love is simply a thing that requires an open heart and with that the willingness to risk get hurt.
It's the only way to experience love.
Everything is just a shallow thing, not a full on love relationship.

That's not to say LAT relationships can't be that. But then it'd be between 2 healthy people with open hearts that for another reason wish to not move in together.
And financial reasons are also based on fear of losing & lack, so these don't count in that sense.

An okay reason could be that one for instance needed a house with garden in a village or small town to feel fulfilled and at piece, the other hates that, wants to live in an apartment in a city.
That's totally not related to any fear of lack, losing, etc. that would have the heart mostly closed.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25