SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž's photo
Wed 09/13/23 02:06 AM
Excited! Going to meet the man that I've been talking to for months in a few hours.
We're not in it for potential relationship, just friendly contact that we've both enjoyed so far. He's in the area so we're going to meet over coffees :)

Wed 09/13/23 01:59 AM
Oh, I do remember as we both got here round the same time!
It was very different here back then. In some way absolutely great, in another way not so great. The clique that had formed here was very unpleasant, downright nasty to be honest.

I think you and I are the only 2 that remain from the new ones back then.
And doesnΒ΄t time fly!

Congrats on still being here :)

Sun 09/10/23 04:18 PM
Joyful! I've been asked to meet in real life by the man that I've been talking to for months.
We decided we're not relationship material for one another as the distance is too much, but we enjoyed our conversations.
He's kind of in the neighbourhood this week so asked if I wanted to meet. Of course I said "yes!"

And it is funny how eager I feel about this -just friendship- as a few years ago I probably would've been inclined to say "no" and possibly would have backed out too.
Wouldn't even have kept a convo going for months if it wasn't for a relationship anyway.
I've changed and happy about it!

Meeting new people is good!
So I'm going to bed now with a happy feeling and a smile on my face, even though it's still terribly hot.

Sun 09/10/23 09:50 AM
Thinking... 27C indoors is seriously stinking hot!
No refreshment from outside as it's even warmer there...

Sun 09/10/23 07:33 AM
At the mo it seems that in general people are more grumpy, whinging & whining etc. Feeling sorry for themselves, not having any hope etc.

Not sure why. Maybe it's the hot weather, or some planetary alignment or something.

I've noticed it elsewhere as well, a Dutch dating site, so it seems to be a global thing.

Sun 09/10/23 07:22 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Sun 09/10/23 07:29 AM
Happy for her, but let's be honest, it's only because she happens to have a normal figure, not the typical Synd. Down's one.
And she basically gets used now as VS make such a big deal out of it, making out to believe they give a chit about such people while they likely only care about the money this makes them. Good marketing, good for their image.

Must say it's good that people that are different from average for various reasons become more accepted, but all this political correctness got up my nose long time ago.
These days it's very prevalent in US series & movies and it's wearing thin.

As for plus size models, or downright huge ones like the aforementioned Lizzo's... I really don't like outfits being modelled by them.
Most of these plus size women have huge thighs which I don't have. I often need plus size because of my height.
Clothes draped on big women don't give me a good impression of what it'd look like on me whereas an average/default modelling body does.

So as far as big women being accepted as 'okay', fair enough. But it doesn't help me in the slightest when clothes shopping. They're two different things: acceptance of (seriously) overweight people and modelling.

Sat 09/09/23 04:50 AM
This is "rate my profile".
Fill out all the "no answer" you got now. And maybe another photo :)

Sat 09/09/23 04:47 AM
29C Sunny

Last evening it cooled off real fast and got dank. You would've needed trousers and warm sweater/coat to go outside. Unreal difference with the day temp!

A few more days of sun. After Tuesday it's dropping to a mere 18C :(

Fri 09/08/23 02:47 AM
31C sunny, barely any wind.

Okay, must admit I wanted more of summer, but this is too much heat!
And temps won't drop until Tuesday...

Fri 09/08/23 02:44 AM

All this waiting is beginning to get on my nerves, so I'm feeling restless!
Waiting for my grandchild... waiting for my kitten...
First litter of 2 was born yesterday. There was one 3 coloured cat but the person that had 1st choice wanted her. Boohoo... so now it's wait and see if there is another one in the 2nd litter that is yet to be born. I now have first choice as I was nr 2.
Can be born any day, mother cat has a huge belly! She a smaller cat, so that would be great. I love somewhat smaller cats!

And of course waiting for my granddaughter... Since my girl is going to be 41 weeks coming Sunday they're going to help it along on Monday if the baby doesn't arrive over the weekend.
That's not particularly pleasant, so I hope it's not going to be necessary!

What I love...
Taurus period has begun yesterday! So my granddaughter is definitely going to be a Taurus, just like me and my daughter!
Three generations of female Taurus. Yup, I love that!

My name is Adda and k am 29 years old , I am here to meet a good man to spend the rest of my life with , if any man is ready to settle down , you can kindly read my profile and message me , thanks

And why quote my posting? Please leave me out of your quest to find a man!

Thu 09/07/23 03:05 PM
Better than I've felt in the 3 weeks that I've had this ear problem (blocked, full sensation, painful jolts, pressure etc).
Saw my ENT this afternoon and now have antibiotic eardrops. It'll take a few days before it starts to improve but I've done without paracetamol so far, which is an improvement!
Now, midnight, getting a bit worse, but still not as bad as before.
Fingers crossed as last night it started to pop insanely loud surprised
So much so that I almost jumped out of bed, wide awake. Clearly even when it's already bad there's worse, hihi.
Thank goodness it wore off after a while.
Never had ear issues, now I understand why toddlers cry so much when they have it! It's god awful! I've been in a foul mood for 3 weeks because of it.

Thu 09/07/23 03:22 AM
30C sun & blue skies

Wed 09/06/23 03:42 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Wed 09/06/23 03:43 PM

Thinking... dinner time and no clue what I'd like to eat. Nothing seems interesting.
I guess a side-effect of not feeling entirely well...

Feel better soon Crystal :heart:

OT: Thinking I’ve a lot to do but lack motivation

Thank you, Delightful!
Can finally see my ENT tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be sorted out with eardrops or antibiotics. After 3 weeks of pain, pressure, dizziness, increased tinnitus, and only some 30% of normal hearing I'm utterly fed up with it.
Started to feel under the weather today because of it too. Running on paracetamol

Wed 09/06/23 07:58 AM
Thinking... dinner time and no clue what I'd like to eat. Nothing seems interesting.
I guess a side-effect of not feeling entirely well...

Wed 09/06/23 03:59 AM
Same here, a scorcher, hihi.

30C, sun sun sun, barely a breeze.

Mon 09/04/23 04:19 AM
27C sun sun sun. Summer's having a 2nd wind this week!

Sat 09/02/23 03:28 AM
Lucky you! It's cloudy over here, everything outdoors is wet.
Thick cloud cover although as I am typing this the sun's shining! YAY!

23C

Fri 09/01/23 05:49 AM
Ragnarok - Norwegian Netflix series - 7,4 IMDB rating
3 seasons

When I first came across it I feared it was another Marvel BS series, but this one is really good!

A small Norwegian town experiencing warm winters and violent downpours seems to be headed for another Ragnarok -- unless somebody intervenes in time.

Tue 08/29/23 04:26 PM
I think age is a big factor in this.
Up until men are 40-ish they're ready, able, and willing to sexercise anyone anytime anywhere as 'it' still works really well and sex drive is still high.
Once they hit 40-45 'its' functioning begins to decline for most. That's the time men say "I've finally mastered it!!"
They haven't, it just doesn't work the way it used to anymore and this decline tends to increase with the years.
It still functions, but the steel has gone out of it and it takes (much) longer to reach the finish line.

I guesstimate that's also when it becomes easier to say "I got a headache".
Maybe they just don't feel like the hassle of attempting to wake it up or to take a pill for that...

And I know some are lucky and don't have these issue but generally speaking...

Just Google "Kegels". You will mostly find exercises and tips for men, NOT women, in order to improve the function of 'it' or to not lose that.

Never met a men under 40 that wasn't interested in an opportunity to have sex. Being very attracted to the receiving party doesn't matter so much at that age, just the chance to get their rocks off.

Thu 08/24/23 12:46 PM
Thanks all for your sympathy and support!

But...

I almost daren't say it, hihi... I changed my mind and I AM KEEPING ROOSJE!!!

I was still upset about the idea, troubled me when having to fall asleep, dreaming etc. etc.
And the way she's attached to me, I felt sorry for her too.
Talked to my cousin, bit of a cat expert, and she also advised against doing it. Said Roosje could get traumatised by it.

So I cancelled the whole thing and decided to keep her. Might not be the easiest thing, having to keep both cats mostly separate, at least for now while Roosje is a kitten.

Thing that also bothered me, now Roosje is just a kitten, very playful, naughty etc.
But there's no knowing what's she's going to be like in half a year - 1 years time. Nila was pretty much the same when she was 3,5 months old, als li'l Miss Naughty and quite fiery. Now, having turned 2 yrs old in June, she's not like that anymore.
Could be that once Roosje gets to go outside, has been spayed, a wee bit older, she becomes quite okay with Nila.
No way of knowing, it's fortune telling.

In any case, we'll find out!
It felt like a HUGE relief to have made this decision. Even though I thought it'd be best for the cats, it didn't sit well with me at all.

So total change of heart, and yes, I'm happy with it! I'm nuts about her, obviously otherwise I wouldn't have done this, and she's also very attached to me. That just shows in her behaviour, the way she acts and looks at me etc. etc.

I was also thinking back of the moment I first saw her. The second I looked in the large kitten 'container' back then she look up, straight into my eyes. When I picked her up, she rested her head against my face and even the woman was awed by that.
They say pets choose you, not the other way round. And it felt very strongly she had chosen me.
To then let her go...
I began to feel more and more certain it wasn't the right thing.

So she's staying, hihi.
:heart:

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25