Community > Posts By > star_tin_gover

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/07/08 09:31 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Sat 06/07/08 09:32 PM

Praying for your three angels in uniform! Hope you are all being safe and feeling the love!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef9jKHwHueQ&feature=related
flowerforyou flowerforyou :heart: Thank you ladies and gents for your wonderful children that are overseas with their brothers in arms. My youngest Marine came home today after his tour in Iraq.I know the fear parents share while their child is involved in any conflict. I know it three times over. Please continue to pray for our service women and men :heart: flowerforyou flowerforyou

Thank you!flowerforyou But....
<<<< (Pic) Ken was the last of my three to be out of there. Please pray for those that are still there. flowerforyou drinker flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/07/08 09:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef9jKHwHueQ&amp;feature=related
flowerforyou flowerforyou :heart: Thank you ladies and gents for your wonderful children that are overseas with their brothers in arms. My youngest Marine came home today after his tour in Iraq.I know the fear parents share while their child is involved in any conflict. I know it three times over. Please continue to pray for our service women and men :heart: flowerforyou flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/07/08 09:10 PM

flowerforyou flowerforyou :heart: Thank you ladies and gents for your wonderful children that are overseas with their brothers in arms. My youngest Marine came home today after his tour in Iraq.I know the fear parents share while their child is involved in any conflict. I know it three times over. Please continue to pray for our service women and men. :heart: flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou
regardless of stupid politicians we whole-heartedy support all military personnel involved and wish them safe passage home to their families and loved ones.flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou
drinker flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/07/08 09:01 PM
flowerforyou flowerforyou :heart: Thank you ladies and gents for your wonderful children that are overseas with their brothers in arms. My youngest Marine came home today after his tour in Iraq.I know the fear parents share while their child is involved in any conflict. I know it three times over. Please continue to pray for our service women and men. :heart: flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:01 AM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Sat 06/07/08 08:05 AM

Good Morning Star _Tin _Gover !!! smokin

Morning Vanessa! flowerforyou

Pardon???huh to your message flowerforyou

laugh I was responding to the OP concerning my faith. laugh drinker

How are you today ? drinker

Out freakin' standing! The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, and business is better than I have seen it since the start.

Do you finally get a break from work...??? :heart:

Nope. Off to work in a half hour. laugh flowerforyou drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/07/08 07:13 AM
Thought so, didn't think so, now know. laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/07/08 06:55 AM

only 33% of this world are "Christians"......

if we follow your logic...you should not be at all surprised that most of the world is not like you....

But not to minimize the largest slice of the pie which is 33%.....
http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html
flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/07/08 06:41 AM

Jesus also said!

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. (Matthew 10:34)"

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away an withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. (John 15:5-6)"

"So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, 'Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!.' (John 2:15)"

Seems to me that he had a bit more pent up aggression than people would lead you to believe. Doesn't seem like the perfect peacebringer. Bringing swords, throwing people into fire to burn and whipping people and overturning tables. Ah well, we must follow in his footsteps right?

*Looks around* Now where did I put my cord whips? huh huh

That would be impressive had you not taken it grossly out of context. Go back and read it again. This time with your eyes and not your anger. Jesus had righteous anger. I will not waste my time explaining to you why he overturned the money changer's tables because you know the reason but it apparently doesn't fit with your agenda so hey, why not misrepresent it, right? After all, why muddy the agenda with the facts.huh

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/07/08 12:58 AM

On the contrary, the Church of Jesus Christ is people and not institutions.

The Holy Spirit is the head of the Church of Jesus Christ and MUST be present and leading the Church or it is not the Church. The Church must also be Spirit filled souls. Period. or the witness is of men and not God.

It is that simple.

All else is a lie.

Is that plain enough?

It should be.

huh That's what they all say.... smokin

And it is those who do say this - that are the Christians. For Wouldee has captured the essence of what makes one a Christian.
It is the only criteria - filled with the spirit.

So Redy - if the leaf of the braches are spirit filled - they belong to the tree. A Christian is not defined by what they call themselves - or what they happen to personally believe based on subjective interpretation of scripture. You would file that under "Churchiolity" - not Christianity.

The testimony of the Holy Spirit is what is consistant within all of Christianity, and you would not find a "Christian" disagreeing on this point.

AAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/06/08 09:50 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Fri 06/06/08 09:52 PM

And when the truth one seeks does not fit their objective then it is obviously not the truth as they wish to see the truth

Truth never fits your objective.

In fact, if you have an objective other than truth itself, then you know that you are on the wrong path.

If you think that I want pantheism to be true, think again. It merely appears to be where truth is pointing.

Atheism could be true. And I'm certainly open to that idea as well. I have reasons why I feel that it is not truth.

You've seen enough of my posts to know why I can't possible accept Mediterranean mythology as truth. I can clearly see that it is false. There is no question in my mind that it is false. It's not a biased descision. I have no reason to want it to be false. I simply see that it has to be false.

And to be perfectly honest about it I can't understand how anyone can't see through it.

I can give you a myriad of reasons why it can't be true. And nary a single reason why anyone should believe that it is true.

That's not personal bias. Not at all.

Okay,as you stated, it "appears" to be where truth is going for you. Let me know when it gets there and I will be willing to listen.flowerforyou And you most certainly can see a reason to see it as false abra as we all can...... you would be wrong.Your vision in the mirror is different from the artists rendition.:wink: flowerforyou

And those who are insane never truly believe they are!!
laugh laugh laugh

laugh laugh laugh Hey Glen!flowerforyou
Those who think they are sane are crazy.laugh

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/06/08 09:40 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Fri 06/06/08 09:44 PM

And when the truth one seeks does not fit their objective then it is obviously not the truth as they wish to see the truth

Truth never fits your objective.

In fact, if you have an objective other than truth itself, then you know that you are on the wrong path.

If you think that I want pantheism to be true, think again. It merely appears to be where truth is pointing.

Atheism could be true. And I'm certainly open to that idea as well. I have reasons why I feel that it is not truth.

You've seen enough of my posts to know why I can't possible accept Mediterranean mythology as truth. I can clearly see that it is false. There is no question in my mind that it is false. It's not a biased descision. I have no reason to want it to be false. I simply see that it has to be false.

And to be perfectly honest about it I can't understand how anyone can't see through it.

I can give you a myriad of reasons why it can't be true. And nary a single reason why anyone should believe that it is true.

That's not personal bias. Not at all.

Okay,as you stated, it "appears" to be where truth is going for you. Let me know when it gets there and I will be willing to listen.flowerforyou And you most certainly can see a reason to see it as false abra as we all can...... you would be wrong.Your vision in the mirror is different from the artists rendition.:wink: flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/06/08 09:07 PM

What closes a mind? How can it be opened again?

I think it all comes down to desire.

If you desire to believe in something more than you desire truth, then you're cling to whatever it is you prefer to believe in, and shun the truth.

On the other hand, if you desire to know truth more than you desire to cling to a particular belief, then you'll seek out truth, and let go of anything that has been shown to be lacking truth.

It all comes down to desire.

Right. And when the truth one seeks does not fit their objective then it is obviously not the truth as they wish to see the truth so it isn't the truth even if it is to someone else who sees that it is to them. Your truth is not everyone's truth as much as it pains you to see that. Facts are easily dismembered and the result is fantasy.flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/06/08 08:41 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Fri 06/06/08 08:43 PM
Good post Di! I think it boils down to choice. Simply choosing to disallow any other views, ideas, thoughts, or whatever, that are in conflict with your own. People who are open minded have chosen to be as are those who are close minded. There is gray area of course as people are open to an idea that is closely related to their own but closed to ideas that are polar opposites. Agree?flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/06/08 08:24 PM

laugh laugh laugh

Zapchaser writes:

As long as I am happy that is all that matters, right?

"You're damn strait!" Life is too short not to be happy.

Free yourself!

There are 50 ways to leave your lover/spouse/jailer/

JB

(Don't mind me I was married to a phyco for too long.)

must be tough being married to a psychiatrist i feel for you - laugh laugh laugh laugh

You know when people split up a person's post and quote one sentence and someone else quotes theirs it appears that the original poster said something that they didn't. I was never married to a Psychologist and never said I was. noway laugh Never said psycho either.noway As Bartell and Jaymes said so eloquently...... "thanks for listenin'".laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/06/08 06:40 AM

Yes (went to sunday school as a kid, but got thrown out for asking too many questions)
Does that count?

huh Yeah.huh Thathuh onehuh ishuh believablehuh andhuh couldhuh neverhuh behuh mistakenhuh forhuh ahuh liehuh .noway

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:37 PM

Star - was that you groveling?

flowerforyou

Nope. Graveling. laugh flowerforyou Have to pour a sidewalk tomorrow. flowerforyou I hope your week of celebration is going well. flowerforyou drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:29 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Thu 06/05/08 08:35 PM

hey star:
Well apparently you hold Christians to a higher standard than you do yourself?

It's really no secret, it's not that other hold Christians to such high standards, it's that Christians proclaim to live by MUCH HIGHER standards themselves.

Obviously when you hear this repeatedly in the form of judgement from their lips about your life, it only makes sence that we EXPECT to view the behavior of Christians at a much higher level.

The difficult task is getting Christians to see that they REALLY are not 'different' in ANY WAY than any other person.

Wrong. flowerforyou I would re-post what has been posted ad nauseum but I will leave that for someone who wishes to waste their time. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:17 PM

Sorry JB, Tribo wants women from other countries that are even more desperate than you. Can you believe that is even possible?laugh

hahahaa just the reason im looking for someone not from here - you could not be a better spokesb**ch for why i donot like women from here.

no emoticons

So, you admit that you think American women are $&!itches? That's what I thought.

hmmm - lets put it this way - ones like you and i know plenty.

At least five of em anyway. Snicker snicker.:wink: glasses

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:14 PM

It is rather entertaining to get a reaction out of you single horny guys/gals.drinker

It's easy to get a reaction out of people when you are rude toward them.

Anyone can do that.

I think she was describing your MO abta.flowerforyou I could be wrong though.:tongue:

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:02 PM

Triboys, I am trying to go easy on the humor with you. :wink: I don't want you to fall out of your chair laughing. You could break a hip or something. :cry:

hips are fine - funny bones fine all else is fine - go ahead take your shots - ooops sorry if i mispelled anything - dont have spell checker here. trying to type fast but am not a typeist forgive me start

As you type you will note that some of your text is underscored in red. That doesn't mean "Woo hoo! Got that one right!".laugh flowerforyou

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25