Community > Posts By > star_tin_gover

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 01:24 PM

Isn't there anything guys can keep for themselves? :tongue:

Well, it goes both ways.

Fathers who are single parents raising children get to have Mother's Day well-wishes too. :wink:

flowerforyou flowerforyou Yes!flowerforyou flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 10:52 AM

Funches wrote:

"Spidercmb" it appears that it is your belief that "belittles" others when it promise the followers that all others that do not believe will be tortured for an eternity ...doesn't that sounds hateful

Seriously Spider. How is this any different?

A religion that claims to have the only true word of God, and proclaims that everyone who doesn't believe in their religion is rejecting God, certainly has no room to be pointing fingers at other people claiming that they the one's who are guilty of belittling others.

By thier very proclamation they have belittled everyone and anyone who disagrees with their decree.

Abra, you are the king of the apples to oranges comparison.Queen of smoke and mirrors. Everytime I see your posts I think Oh God! It's Charlie Brown's teacher again! laugh Wah wah, wah waaaaaah wha wahhhh.laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 10:42 AM

I think that in recent years women have started to think "Why am I the one that has to do the right thing..I didn't make this child alone" so they've started walkin as well..but it's been done by men for forever..either way it's the CHILD that suffers not the adults who chose to enter into the relationship to begin with.

Thhre is NO excuse for irresponsibility. But again, this thread was not started as a bash post. I sincerely meant what I wrote.flowerforyou :wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 10:27 AM
Yeah Glen, it seems some hate monger of a blithering idiot went postal and pulled the pin. Not sure who he/she was as I was at work when it happened. :wink: flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 10:18 AM

At least we know why your single. I know more dirtbag mom's then I do dad's. I went to a parenting class, and one of the mom's was high everyday, such a good example for her 3 kids.

Men don't get high, I guess. But then again, I would wager a far greater number of men walk away from their kids than women.

There are some wonderful single dads out there and they deserve all the accolades; but there are far more single moms.

My ex felt that being involved with his own child was optional. Many men feel that way; not as many women.

smooched Thanks hiker!flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 10:12 AM

As a result of many possible scenario’s, you are single and raising your children alone. Being mother and father at the same time.

I won’t call you a saint.
I know why you push on

I won’t tell you how easy it can be.
I know the hardships personally

However……
I will say that I admire your courage greatly.
I know you don’t see yourself as courageous.

I will tell you that your children respect your strength.
Even when you feel weak you are a super hero to them.

Mother’s Day is not your only day for others to recognize you. You get Father’s Day as well and you deserve it more than some fathers do.
flowerforyou smooched :heart: Happy Father’s Day Moms:heart: smooched flowerforyou
We all love you

I am a father raising twin boys of seven, running my own business (class it as another child needing care) cooking sewing, cleaning, washing, coaching basketball, teaching homework and so on, reading to them building memories.

It is very tiring , most of all when women run a mile thinking you are looking for a mum for the kids. That I find demoralizing.

Next Mother's Day we will hoist a can of spinach together Popeye. laugh I claim that day also. drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 10:10 AM

As a result of many possible scenario’s, you are single and raising your children alone. Being mother and father at the same time.

I know why you push on

However……

Mother’s Day is not your only day for others to recognize you. You get Father’s Day as well and you deserve it more than some fathers do.
flowerforyou smooched :heart: Happy Father’s Day Moms:heart: smooched flowerforyou
We all love you

At least we know why your single. I know more dirtbag mom's then I do dad's. I went to a parenting class, and one of the mom's was high everyday, such a good example for her 3 kids.

Are you drawing an assumption from my OP that is possibly distorted due to your own situation? This is not about deadbeat parents. The many reasons can include them but also include widows, women who chose to have children alone, whatever the case may be. With an attitude like that I can't for the life of me see why women aren't falling at your feet offering to be your carpet so you don't dirty your shoes. huh

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 10:02 AM

Yup..exactly..my mom has been my mom and dad since I was 6yrs old and my brother was 3yrs old..She raised 2 disabled kids all by herself because our "dad" didn't realize that the stick between his legs meant that he was SUPPOSED to be a man..turns out the stick just means MALE..huge difference.

I understand your anger. I raised my three children. Don't know where to go with the stick comment though.laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 09:56 AM

Isn't there anything guys can keep for themselves? :tongue:

laugh laugh laugh Gas? Although varying tonal exchanges are always fun to share with other guys. laugh drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 09:47 AM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Sat 06/14/08 10:44 AM

I know why you push on

However……

We all love you

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 08:28 AM

organized religion == the root of evil

Man is the root of evil. Man chooses the path and governs it.I am NOT a fan of organized religion. Jesus wanted people to follow him. He didn't want a circus sideshow.

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 01:19 AM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Sat 06/14/08 01:20 AM

the scary part for me is that there are a LOT of people who think like this.

Yes rambill it is scary that we still have so many John Wayne wannabes. All three of my kids served in Iraq and my youngest just finished his tour. They have a completely different take on the attitudes of civilians there. For the most part they were very friendly to our service people, inviting them to dinner, thanking them, and being quite social. They do want us out of there but the majority of Iraqis do not hate us. So just for the heck of it why don't we........ BRING OUR KIDS HOME? I thank God that my kids made it home safely and I want the same for every parent. I am all for defense but we are not defending ourselves there, we are fanning the flames of hatred. We have sucessfully made the leap from liberator to bully.Bring our babies home. They are heroes and deserve a heroes return.flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/13/08 10:34 PM

I love discussions, i adore other views, i may not agree but thats what makes the world gorgeous, its many colors

sick

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/13/08 10:25 PM

I want to know others opinion

Really? It seems all you want to do is trumpet your own and not engage in discussion.

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/13/08 10:22 PM

Terrorists kill people. Isn't that a difference? It's like you are looking at a snake and a lizard and crying "I can't see any difference!"

There is no snake and no lizard. They were scared off long ago by the megaphone blaring Agenda! Agenda! noway

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/13/08 10:17 PM

LMAO no....

I just "get it".

Well you certainly do “get it”, and you might be surprised how many actual computer programmers don’t “get it”!

They learn how to write code and call themselves ‘programmers’ but in truth they aren’t very good programmers at all.

You could probably still lead a team of ‘code writers’ and successfully program a computer without even bothering to learn how to write they actual code yourself. All you would need to do is write the flowcharts and define the goals of the algorithms. Then the code writers would write the actual code.

A lot of people have no clue of the difference between a good programmer, and a code writer.

You don’t need to learn traditional “computer programming” to program a computer if you have someone who can write the code for you. All you need to do is tell the code writers specifically what goals you need accomplished.

So you may actually be one of the world’s greatest “computer programmers’ and not even realize it!

Unfortunately, because of how our society is structured no one would ever hire you to program a computer because you have no ‘code writing’ experienced.

What a terrible shame! You’re talents are going to waste just because you don’t have the ‘credentials’ that are deemed necessary for the job.

Seriously, I can see that you know what needs to be done. You would definitely be a big help on such a project. I’d demand they put you on the “I AM” team.

In fact, this is one thing that would bother me tremendously about being hired for such a project. I would NEED people like you working on it! People who don’t have the proper credentials but who know what needs to be done.

If all they gave me to work with was the traditionally educated ‘code writers’ they might not be all that helpful. I mean, sure we’d need them too for writing the actual code, no doubt about that. But the actual “program” might be better written by people who have no clue of how to even write computer code.

Will you two get a room already? GAWD! sick

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/13/08 10:13 PM

i got on my knees an begged her to stay,,,my prayer werent answered
laugh laugh laugh laugh drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 06/13/08 04:51 AM
...that shouted the worst abuse and threatened to kill her. White families had removed their children, so she was alone in class and at play. Yet her strength and dignity amazed Coles.

Ruby�s teacher said:

�A woman spat at Ruby but missed; Ruby smiled at her. A man shook his fist at her; Ruby smiled at him. Then she walked up the stairs, and she stopped and turned and smiled one more time. You know what she told one of the marshals? She told him she prays for those people, the ones in the mob, every night before she goes to sleep.�

Dr Coles, a Harvard professor and famous child psychiatrist, decided to study her. In one of their interviews she mentioned that she prayed and hoped God would do something. Coles did not believe in God. He asked her why she prayed, and she just said, �Because.� When he asked again, she said, �Because they need praying for.� Coles thought that was cute, but did not take it seriously. Yet here was a disadvantaged child showing strength and courage that baffled an expert. He said, �I was accumulating all this information, but I was getting rather frustrated.� He had been called �the greatest living psychiatrist� by TIME magazine, and had won a genius award and Pullitzer Prize for his study of children, but now he had to admit that he could not understand this child�s superhuman dignity and courage. �Now how do you explain that?�

Coles interviewed her family. Her parents could barely read or write, and were often taunted by mobs, but they had taught her to pray about problems. Coles even came to her church as an observer. People there said that faith and prayer kept them hopeful despite poverty and racist attack. At first Coles put it down to emotionalism in the uneducated, but it obviously worked: he saw �the look of pain give way to the look of hope in countless faces.� Coles said, �How is someone like me supposed to account for that, psychologically or any other way?�

Eventually he concluded that Ruby�s prayers did something. Something powerful and beyond mere psychological explanations. Coles started praying. Today he is still fascinated by prayer and faith, and tells anyone - children or his Harvard students - that prayer is real. Ruby Bridges Hall, now in her 40s, is still praying. She�s back at the same school as a liaison officer.

Another famous psychiatrist wrote in a medical text-book:

�Prayer is a powerful and effectual worry remover. Men and women who have learned to pray with childlike sincerity, literally talking to and communing with the Heavenly Father, are in posession of a great secret whereby they can cast their care upon God, knowing that He cares for us. A clear conscience is a great step towards barricading the mind against neuroticism.�

-Dr William Sadler, Practice of Psychiatry
flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 06/12/08 07:41 PM

I would like to see an example of a computer purposefully going against what it had been programmed to do.

Could you explain such a thing for me?

flowerforyou

Microsoft Works.

-Kerry O.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! Isn't Microsoft Works an oxymoron? laugh

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 06/12/08 07:35 PM

Hi MorningSongflowerforyou flowerforyou

Read this too Tribo. Many scientist say science only deepens their belief in God!

By Dr. Francis Collins
Special to CNN

Editor's note: Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., is the director of the Human Genome Project. His most recent book is "The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief."

ROCKVILLE, Maryland (CNN) -- I am a scientist and a believer, and I find no conflict between those world views.

As the director of the Human Genome Project, I have led a consortium of scientists to read out the 3.1 billion letters of the human genome, our own DNA instruction book. As a believer, I see DNA, the information molecule of all living things, as God's language, and the elegance and complexity of our own bodies and the rest of nature as a reflection of God's plan.

I did not always embrace these perspectives. As a graduate student in physical chemistry in the 1970s, I was an atheist, finding no reason to postulate the existence of any truths outside of mathematics, physics and chemistry. But then I went to medical school, and encountered life and death issues at the bedsides of my patients. Challenged by one of those patients, who asked "What do you believe, doctor?", I began searching for answers.

I had to admit that the science I loved so much was powerless to answer questions such as "What is the meaning of life?" "Why am I here?" "Why does mathematics work, anyway?" "If the universe had a beginning, who created it?" "Why are the physical constants in the universe so finely tuned to allow the possibility of complex life forms?" "Why do humans have a moral sense?" "What happens after we die?" (Watch Francis Collins discuss how he came to believe in God )

I had always assumed that faith was based on purely emotional and irrational arguments, and was astounded to discover, initially in the writings of the Oxford scholar C.S. Lewis and subsequently from many other sources, that one could build a very strong case for the plausibility of the existence of God on purely rational grounds. My earlier atheist's assertion that "I know there is no God" emerged as the least defensible. As the British writer G.K. Chesterton famously remarked, "Atheism is the most daring of all dogmas, for it is the assertion of a universal negative."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/collins.commentary/index.html

drinker flowerforyou drinker flowerforyou drinker flowerforyou drinker

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25