Community > Posts By > star_tin_gover

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 10:26 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Mon 06/16/08 10:28 PM

Last time I looked, usually we put our trousers on one leg at a time, same as every one else....

Irrespective of who has what, or who doesn't.

Personally, it makes no difference who what where or how someone believes, disbelieves, or has no thoughts on anything, we are still taking up space.

We have one rock we all reside on... we have to share it no matter what, where, who or how we think we may or may not be better than the next person.

Get used to it, it's beeen happening for billions of years... nothing unique here. :wink: laugh

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou ((((Lee))))flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou
Always the voice of reason.

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 10:23 PM
Casting Crowns is my latest favorite. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 10:14 PM

greek mythology.

Is thier more to it than that?

I really do not understand.

I must admit when i first saw the topic my first thought was " what does a STD have to do with religion"laugh drinker

laugh laugh laugh drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 10:10 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Mon 06/16/08 10:13 PM

Most everyone lives under the misconception that everyone else is a moron... There are a few who are correct in this assumption, but sadly enough most of them are miserably wrong... If you could eliminate that stigma from everyone's mind this world would be a much better place...

What a moronic statement! laugh :wink: flowerforyou
Sorry rainbow!flowerforyou I was just funnin'. It's late and the brain cell is fogging up.happy

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 10:07 PM
Aint never had no sysiphus and if ah did ahda done gone to doc n got me a shot.flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 09:58 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Mon 06/16/08 10:04 PM

Most minority religion members who are active are driven towards civil rights, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech issues because even if church and state are seperate non Christians are not awarded equal rights per the majority of the population in reality.

Just for clarification I once had to get into an argument with a Judge in the performance of their office, who insisted it was not a violation of my civil rights for them to tell me to swear to "God". If not for four hundred witnesses watching I am not so sure I would have won the argument.

What a man! drinker I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck tingling with your testosterone laden comment. noway Are you assuming the judge was a Christian? Or just doing what he /she was hired to do?huh Or is this a fable with no proof to back it? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could be.flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 09:49 PM

Third Daylove flowerforyou

Avalon

Rebecca St James

Darlene Zsech

Nicole C Mullin

casting crowns

Michael W Smith

Jars of Clay

Point of Grace

Audio Adrenaline

Mercy Me

Rich Mullins

the Katinas

John Tesh
some of these are dated.:wink:

Oh my God wouldee! Don't say dated! Throw in Twila Paris, Michael Card, and a few others and you have my playlist down pat. Woo hoo!drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 07:16 PM
CCM flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 07:03 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Mon 06/16/08 07:05 PM

speaking of the narrow view of christianity that makes an enemy of the rest of the world

Most Christians don't believe that if you aren't a Christian, then you are the enemy. So you paint Christians with a broad brush while complaining of the same behavior. And how are you better than those Christians, when you do the same thing?

I said narrow view as a qualifyer, you quoted it yourself so if it rules you out you why are you upset?

"narrow view" isn't the same as "some view". What you typed meant that Christians are narrow minded. Maybe you didn't type what you meant, but I correctly interpreted your words. I'm not upset, I was just pointing out a bit of hypocracy.

For this to be about all christians it would assume that all christians think the same. We know this to be wrong by mere fact concerning all of the differences in individual belief. There are the Catholics and the protestants, there is a COE, and many many demoninations and different divisions within denominations. It's obvious that everyone sees things differently.

I am only the enemy if you make me the enemy it's your choice. Just keep in mind that I have the same inherent right to violently defend myself as you do.

You can't attack and then complain when you get poked in the eye. laugh
It isn't wise to come to the duel you initiated with a swiss army knife, although I think the awl could cause an infection if used properly. laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 06:43 PM

Hi Red..

this difference is so real.. I can remember going to a bar.. anyway where the graduating seniors have ministers give them words of advice.

it was to me at least sad and comical at the same time. Without naming the denominations.

I remember about 6 or so different ministers up on stage sitting next to each other and the 1st speaker going on about how coming together in brotherly love is so important and they all were so glad that all 6 of them are in harmony together.

It was bad my ex grabbed me as you know when u are about to laugh and can not hold it an any longer your mouth is closed shut tight because you are trying not to laugh.

Well it did burst out and i got a few looks and my ex was not a happy camper. but it went on.

What made me do this was seeing these 2 ministers who was sitting up thier as the 1 who was at the podium was looking at the other ministers. that 2 of them had turned thier legs away from each other as I knew that those 2 preached preached the other one was part of the babylon system..

But of course they could put thier differences aside for the sake of the graduating Senior class.

At least untill they went to sunday night services as this was in the afternoon.

What decietfullness on part of all of them.. That is what is sad.

Thier is no wonder thier are over 1000 denominations in the US today because the other group just do not Know the real truth.

But they are still brothers just decieved thats all..

Thats the way i c it. Red as Paul harvey says "and now for the rest of the story."laugh flowerforyou drinker

Blessings Red....Miles

So happy to hear you have it figured out and the rest of us are clearly wrong miles. noway Thier u go. drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 10:52 AM

Hi Dragoness, nice to hear from you. I hope you are all settled in and the move went smoothly.

You are correct, of course, although there are a few close relatives to the Catholic denomination that still have Saints.

The point is, if the Catholic faith is incorrect and the others who still have Saints are as well, then what about all those who have a cross with a broken and dying Jesus nailed to it, in their sanctuaray? And then consider why the denominations that broke away from Catholicism just kept breaking - further and further.

What was the purpose for all these denominations unless they beleived that someone else was wrong and that they knew better.

So why do all these Christians pretend to support everyone who says they are Christian? They don't, afterall, or they would all be the same denomination?

Doesn't that make sense? So I keep trying to find out, is it the people who have misinterpreted the Bible or the Bible that is ambiguous? And of course if so many are misinterpreting that which is infallible, then what does that say about the Holy Spirit?

How can anyone know when the HS is ACTUALLY speaking to them??

Di, it is not that we as Christians have to all agree with each other. I can't speak for others. Personally, I am respectful of how others believe and hope they will be as respectful of me. We can argue the letter of the law til the cows come home but in the end we have our faith and for all Christians it boils down to John 3:16. All we can do is pray that God will show us the way. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 10:45 AM

man designed organized religion and organized religion defines evil

organized religion === the root of all evil

Is that your opinion?
Webster says:

Main Entry:
1evil Listen to the pronunciation of 1evil
Pronunciation:
\ˈē-vəl, British often & US also ˈē-(ˌ)vil\
Function:
adjective
Inflected Form(s):
evil·er or evil·ler; evil·est or evil·lest
Etymology:
Middle English, from Old English yfel; akin to Old High German ubil evil
Date:
before 12th century

1 a: morally reprehensible : sinful, wicked <an evil impulse> b: arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct <a person of evil reputation>2 aarchaic : inferior b: causing discomfort or repulsion : offensive <an evil odor> c: disagreeable <woke late and in an evil temper>3 a: causing harm : pernicious <the evil institution of slavery> b: marked by misfortune : unlucky

read your own post and point out where it says i am wrong

morality is religious based and sinful is religious based

Okay whatever. We will disagree then. flowerforyou

that is what i expected you to say

be well

and may much good come to you and yours

drinker smokin drinker smokin

glasses glasses <<<<<------- they are watching

Thanks adj, you too! flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 06:40 AM

To my understanding, it is only the Catholic Church that elevates common people to sainthood...and usually only because of uncommon things that they had done in their lives, or things ascribed to them after their deaths.

For those who posted without reading previous posts I will post this post again. laugh
Catholics fully agree that Paul refers to living Christians as saints. All of us in the body of Christ are saints.

It would be easy to conclude that this is the only way to use the word "saint." However, long before the time of Christ, King David used the term "saint" while speaking to his fellow Jews, "Love the Lord all you his saints" (Psalm 31:23 NRSV and NIV). The KJB has over 80 instances of the word "saint" in the Old Testament that don't refer to "living Christians"( i.e., 1 Sam.2, 2 Chr.6:41, Job.5:1, Prov.2:8, Dan.7:18, 21, Hos 11:12).

Even Paul sometimes gives the word a distinct meaning: "believers and saints" (Acts 9:32 ), "to the saints and faithful brothers" (Col 1:2). The term is used in a variety of contexts throughout the Bible. The word "saint" simply means "holy one" or "sanctified" (Sanctus). It could be a Jew of the Old Testament, a Christian of the New Testament, a faithful Christian living today, or a Christian in Heaven.
Canonized Saints

When Catholics say the word saint, they are usually talking about a specific kind of saint, a canonized saint. Catholics should probably be more explicit so as not to cause confusion.

The Church recognizes some Christians (saints) that have endured, entered Heaven and won the crown, and have proved to be serious prayer warriors for us on earth. The Church must be convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the saint is in heaven. This is why they go through so much scrutiny over each and every saint. When they canonize someone they are really saying: "Hey, this person had a very cool relationship to the Lord while on earth and now they are in heaven and are really praying hard for us."

I think any evangelical could look at people who have been canonized by the Catholic Church and say, "yeah, that person is in heaven." That's a good choice.
flowerforyou
I am not Catholic but I thought this was an interesting read.wink
flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 06/16/08 06:35 AM

saints?

here are the saints...

Colossians 1:26-29.
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles ; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory :

whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom ; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus :

Whereunto I also labor, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

I am a saint also. The least, perhaps, but still, one of the saints.blushing

Much to the chagrin of some.:wink: laugh

peace.flowerforyou :heart: bigsmile

I'm right there with ya wouldee flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:30 PM
she's so heavenly minded she's no earthly good to discuss anything with.

Ah, I should be so blessed......blushing

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:22 PM

mm - so let's see. For a person to rise to fame and power they must first have a following.

Now, do we fault the nature of the lier who would mislead a believer.

or do we fault the inability of the believer to be a critical judge of those who declare their own sainthood?

In other words, are those who follow the likes of the names in the OP mentally stable? Should they be allowed to handle their own affairs, get married, raise children VOTE????? After all these kind of people can be so easily swayed - what would happen if the next Hitler came from the ranks of TV evangilist???

I definatley think psycholoy needs to reconsider thier idea of mental stability where any fundamentalistic beleif system exists.

What give power and authority to a person? Those who follow!

Yaaaaay! Praise Oprah!!!!laugh laugh laugh
Televangelists creep me out personally. Reminds me of a carnival barker. All too often ratings and finances appear to be the focal point, not the Gospel. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 08:51 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Sun 06/15/08 08:52 PM
Catholics fully agree that Paul refers to living Christians as saints. All of us in the body of Christ are saints.

It would be easy to conclude that this is the only way to use the word "saint." However, long before the time of Christ, King David used the term "saint" while speaking to his fellow Jews, "Love the Lord all you his saints" (Psalm 31:23 NRSV and NIV). The KJB has over 80 instances of the word "saint" in the Old Testament that don't refer to "living Christians"( i.e., 1 Sam.2, 2 Chr.6:41, Job.5:1, Prov.2:8, Dan.7:18, 21, Hos 11:12).

Even Paul sometimes gives the word a distinct meaning: "believers and saints" (Acts 9:32 ), "to the saints and faithful brothers" (Col 1:2). The term is used in a variety of contexts throughout the Bible. The word "saint" simply means "holy one" or "sanctified" (Sanctus). It could be a Jew of the Old Testament, a Christian of the New Testament, a faithful Christian living today, or a Christian in Heaven.
Canonized Saints

When Catholics say the word saint, they are usually talking about a specific kind of saint, a canonized saint. Catholics should probably be more explicit so as not to cause confusion.

The Church recognizes some Christians (saints) that have endured, entered Heaven and won the crown, and have proved to be serious prayer warriors for us on earth. The Church must be convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the saint is in heaven. This is why they go through so much scrutiny over each and every saint. When they canonize someone they are really saying: "Hey, this person had a very cool relationship to the Lord while on earth and now they are in heaven and are really praying hard for us."

I think any evangelical could look at people who have been canonized by the Catholic Church and say, "yeah, that person is in heaven." That's a good choice.
flowerforyou
I am not Catholic but I thought this was an interesting read.:wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 08:02 PM

BB - stay away from "scinn" you dont need anymore "scinn" in your life, laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Oh no does that mean I've come face to face with original "scinn"?

she's original but not sure if she's the scinn i'm thinking of - bigsmile

Good one Shel!laugh laugh laugh

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 07:43 PM

I hate Oprah too but really love Ellen.I guess its her down to earth quality I enjoy.

Are you sure for not being a lesbian ?.

Know what pal? Jax is one of the sweetest, loving of all, big hearted people here. She has waaaaaaay too many friends for you to be pulling your crap on. grumble

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 04:41 PM

Father's day is bogus - after all, without woman there wouldn't even be fathers.

laugh :tongue: :wink: just a little chicken and egg joke.

humor that is.

laugh smooched drinker

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25