Community > Posts By > star_tin_gover

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 04:38 PM

Why is god always seen as male?

In Genesis chapter 1 we are told that man (mankind; as opposed to "a man") is created in the image of God, both male and female...

And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. (Genesis 1:27)

Therefore, we should not be surprised if God has both a "maleness" and "femaleness" to Him, so both men and women can relate to God. God could be considered as motherly (hen)

So, could god be a woman?

How many times do you need to hear this? God did not create man in His physical image. He is a spirit. And clearly God has no gender. There you go belushi, I have primed the pump for the real questions you are about to ask to which you already have heard the same answers countless times. Who knows? If you keep asking them maybe God will tire of you and answer them Himself? laugh flowerforyou

I see, you want me to hear your imaginary friend's voices too?
I dont think I could drink that much alcohol ... noway
Never mind, keep taking the tablets, one day they will let you free from the white coat and the padded room. laugh

So, what you are saying is that I shouldnt take the bible literally, I should interpret it so that it fits my ideas?

Ok ... riiiight now I understand. (I think)

I think you could. I see your beak and raise you two fifths. laugh
Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's arse (hee hee) what you hear. I simply see you baiting the hook (kinda girly I might add) with the same old questions which we have heard from you time and time again and have been answered time and time again which leads me to believe that what you wait for is hapless prey to come along and innocently answer your question not knowing that a trap was set by you for the purpose of belittleing their beliefs.huh bigsmile

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 04:20 PM

The thing is there are good and bad parents of both sexes. Why blame it all on the moms? I know plenty of dads that would rather get high than be with their kids; and moms too.

So what? Why don't we celebrate the good parents who sacrifice everything for their kids..the ones who go online instead of going to the bar, so they don't have to leave the house?

The ones who put their kids first with every decision they make? How about a round of applause for those parents, moms or dads? We are all trying to fight the good fight when it comes to our kids.

drinker drinker flowerforyou :heart: drinker drinker flowerforyou :heart: drinker drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 07:25 AM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Sun 06/15/08 07:26 AM

Why is god always seen as male?

In Genesis chapter 1 we are told that man (mankind; as opposed to "a man") is created in the image of God, both male and female...

And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. (Genesis 1:27)

Therefore, we should not be surprised if God has both a "maleness" and "femaleness" to Him, so both men and women can relate to God. God could be considered as motherly (hen)

So, could god be a woman?

How many times do you need to hear this? God did not create man in His physical image. He is a spirit. And clearly God has no gender. There you go belushi, I have primed the pump for the real questions you are about to ask to which you already have heard the same answers countless times. Who knows? If you keep asking them maybe God will tire of you and answer them Himself? laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 07:19 AM

hermaphrodite ???

Sorry to hear that. Have fun with yourself. laugh laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 07:07 AM

I am a wonderful father..... I would do anything for my boys..... and I am.........

Happy father's day dad! flowerforyou drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 06:57 AM

excuse me father's have to play mother and father roles to when they are single parents and it is just as hard on them as well!!!

Yes. I am fully aware of that having raised my two sons and daughter for 16 1/2 years. For that reason I claim mother's day as well. This thread is for the moms, of which there are MANY MANY more who need to know that they are respected. One needs to be in it to understand. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 06:50 AM

This dude is so fixated on hating it incredible noway

Agreed.... :smile:

Agreed.... :smile:

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 06:41 AM

man designed organized religion and organized religion defines evil

organized religion === the root of all evil

Is that your opinion?
Webster says:

Main Entry:
1evil Listen to the pronunciation of 1evil
Pronunciation:
\ˈē-vəl, British often & US also ˈē-(ˌ)vil\
Function:
adjective
Inflected Form(s):
evil·er or evil·ler; evil·est or evil·lest
Etymology:
Middle English, from Old English yfel; akin to Old High German ubil evil
Date:
before 12th century

1 a: morally reprehensible : sinful, wicked <an evil impulse> b: arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct <a person of evil reputation>2 aarchaic : inferior b: causing discomfort or repulsion : offensive <an evil odor> c: disagreeable <woke late and in an evil temper>3 a: causing harm : pernicious <the evil institution of slavery> b: marked by misfortune : unlucky

read your own post and point out where it says i am wrong

morality is religious based and sinful is religious based

Okay whatever. We will disagree then. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 06/15/08 06:36 AM

Why is it that christians have to make you feel less for not believeing the same as them?

They are so blind they know not what they do. ohwell

Nope. It is a problem of the mentally weak that they do not control their own feelings so they blame others for their weakness. Grow a pair. You CAN have control of your feelings. You don't need mommy to wash your underwear anymore. Time to be a man.:wink: Yew con do eet.laugh

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 10:08 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Sat 06/14/08 10:10 PM
As a result of many possible scenario’s, you are single and raising your children alone. Being mother and father at the same time.

I won’t call you a saint.
I know why you push on

I won’t tell you how easy it can be.
I know the hardships personally

However……
I will say that I admire your courage greatly.
I know you don’t see yourself as courageous.

I will tell you that your children respect your strength.
Even when you feel weak you are a super hero to them.

Mother’s Day is not your only day for others to recognize you. You get Father’s Day as well and you deserve it more than some fathers do.
flowerforyou smooched :heart: Happy Father’s Day Mom! :heart: smooched flowerforyou
We all love you
Realizing that not everyone reads the religious threads, this is a re-post. Happy Father's Day Mom!

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 10:02 PM

The last time I called a suicide hotline in the mideast they got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck!

laugh flowerforyou laugh Good one George!

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 07:24 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Sat 06/14/08 07:27 PM

Wishing everyone a Happy Sabbath and a great weekend.

If anyone has anyone questions why i am saying happy Sabbath on a saturday just ask and i will explain it all to you

Who are you ?. A prophet ? , a messenger of a god ?, or ....
a person who knows it all ?.huh
I am none of those things. I am just a person who follows the Bible and learns all I can from it

My dear brother and friend can you not see all the contradictions in it ?. We are adults and let us be frank here .
Tell me one place the bible contradicts itself cause believe me i have been told many times that it does and every single person who has said it has been proven wrong in so many different ways

Oops. Bad move. I hear them rattling their pitch forks and lighting their torches.laugh :tongue:
Follow your heart and ignore the hatred you just asked to be thrown at you. All it will do is give them a chubby if you respond.laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 07:18 PM
Yes but some simply cannot get past the hatred of believers of __________________ (insert religion due hatred here) to have a joyful life. Very sad. My joy and I will continue with the "keep on truckin'" walk.laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 07:13 PM

Prayers for the souls of those
who recently lost their lives
in the most recent attacks overseas...sad

Prayers & healing for those who
have been injured in those attacks sad

Just because this is happening so often, sad

it doesn't lessen the severity noway

of this horrible situation.... sad :cry: sad

Love, tears & tender condolences :heart: :cry: :heart:

for the Families of our fallen Heroes :heart: sad :heart:

flowerforyou ciao la mia sorella siciliana. come siete? flowerforyou

Pardon, Messier??? smokin

I may be Italian~Sicilian drinker flowerforyou drinker

but I don't speak or understand the language blushing laugh blushing

laugh Hello my Sicilian sister, how are you? laugh
Babel fish. You can translate to Bogenhichtenfeigen if you like. laugh

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 05:05 PM

I never see you compare your beliefs with Christianity and the reason I have only listed Christianity is because that is what consumes you.

I have no beliefs.

Christianity consumes me because it ruined my life and continues to destroy the lives of others.

Don't you find that your obvious mission to denounce Christianity interferes with your path to enlightenment?

I'm not on a path to enlightenment.

My mission to denounce Christianity is akin to doctors trying to obliterate cancer.

I do it for the sake of mankind as a whole. flowerforyou

Consider it as my contribution to humanity. drinker

laugh laugh laugh laugh Good luck with that. laugh laugh laugh laugh A fly speck on the wall of the world. Take up bowling or some other hobby that might bring joy to the twilight of your life. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 03:49 PM

man designed organized religion and organized religion defines evil

organized religion === the root of all evil

Is that your opinion?
Webster says:

Main Entry:
1evil Listen to the pronunciation of 1evil
Pronunciation:
\ˈē-vəl, British often & US also ˈē-(ˌ)vil\
Function:
adjective
Inflected Form(s):
evil·er or evil·ler; evil·est or evil·lest
Etymology:
Middle English, from Old English yfel; akin to Old High German ubil evil
Date:
before 12th century

1 a: morally reprehensible : sinful, wicked <an evil impulse> b: arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct <a person of evil reputation>2 aarchaic : inferior b: causing discomfort or repulsion : offensive <an evil odor> c: disagreeable <woke late and in an evil temper>3 a: causing harm : pernicious <the evil institution of slavery> b: marked by misfortune : unlucky

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 02:32 PM
Oops! Accidentally stepped into the rednecks wearing hoods thread. Backing out slowly........noway

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 02:16 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Sat 06/14/08 02:27 PM

Abra, you are the king of the apples to oranges comparison.Queen of smoke and mirrors. Everytime I see your posts I think Oh God! It's Charlie Brown's teacher again! laugh Wah wah, wah waaaaaah wha wahhhh.laugh flowerforyou

That's only because you would rather believe in a God who has commanded people to kill their unruly children.

Have you joined the town stoning committee yet in humble obedience to your serve you loving God? huh

laugh Yup. We will be right over.laugh huh Is that what buddhism/taoism teaches? Hatred for anyone but the enlightened ones? I think not.flowerforyou Get back in the groove. You have one wheel running in the ditch.:wink: I know..... you will come back and say that you don't hate anyone but again, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......
I never see you compare your beliefs with Christianity and the reason I have only listed Christianity is because that is what consumes you. Don't you find that your obvious mission to denounce Christianity interferes with your path to enlightenment? Mirror mirror is an example of a non-Christian you could consider emulating. A really nice guy that shows love for ALL people whether they believe as he does or not. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 02:00 PM

Prayers for the souls of those
who recently lost their lives
in the most recent attacks overseas...sad

Prayers & healing for those who
have been injured in those attacks sad

Just because this is happening so often, sad

it doesn't lessen the severity noway

of this horrible situation.... sad :cry: sad

Love, tears & tender condolences :heart: :cry: :heart:

for the Families of our fallen Heroes :heart: sad :heart:

flowerforyou ciao la mia sorella siciliana. come siete? flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 06/14/08 01:37 PM
Mirror (as usual) is spot on but I think some are misunderstanding what he is saying. This might help: http://www.dharmathecatcartoons.com/15blog/?p=236 flowerforyou

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25