Community > Posts By > star_tin_gover

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 08:25 PM

This thread for me stems from the impending divorce of a close frind I have known since I was eleven. His wife of 26 years suddenly decided she didn't love him anymore and never really did. He was happily plodding along and WHAMMO! One of the many questions he asked was if I thought they were incompatible, hence the unequally yoked question. It is a long story but it was hard for me to believe someone could switch gears so abruptly until a week later when he found out that someone was phoning her and she would leave the room to talk. It was someone she met online and was gearing up for... well whatever. He is unequally yoked.sick What would you do if you were in that situation?

I would say that their compatibility had changed. What was once compatible for both of them was just wasn't compatible any more. I mean it might once was. Would you believe I wrote a poem about how that compatibility changed for me?

Different Worlds

Once we were unbreakable.
We met, shared times
and did everything together.
We were enchanted with love,
entwined with passion
and we said forever.
Then life came to us
and we shared dreams
talking all through
the night.
We were friends then
and we shared a common bond.
We raised a family and I can remember
when the doctor brought him out.
He was so red and wouldn't
stop from crying.
The doctor gave him to me
and I looked into his eyes.
He looked so much like me.
He had your eyes and he had
my nose.
We became a real family.
Then the crying and feeding and
getting up all times of the night.
We watched him grow for a while.
Then you watched him grow.
We met again and she came along.
I was there that time
and she had no color.
She was so pale and I was so worried.
The doctor cleaned her to breathe.
I held her in my arms
and she laughed.
Such times I still remember.
I had my job and you had yours.
We met like strangers in passing.
I can remember the last thing
you said.
We live in different worlds.

I talked to him today and he said they really don't know each other. Raising six kids and soon to be empty nesters and he is scared as well as she must be. I told him to start over and ask her out on a date.I wasn't joking but for some reason he thought it was funny. laugh He hasn't taken me serious since the fifth grade. Class clowns never get any respect. laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 08:19 PM

My beliefs are that a potential mate be;
1) Female
2) Warm
3) Alive.

After that, any other expectation will lead to disappointment.

I see a lot of truth in that at this moment. drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 08:02 PM

sad my son....3 weeks wasnt long enough...a parent should never have to bury a child..brokenheart
:heart: :cry: :heart:

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 08:00 PM
My dad so I could tell him to quit drinking before it killed him. I was a little late on that one. :cry:

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 07:58 PM

Mmmmmmmm grape nuts..love that cereal with or without milk..yumm it's good in yogurt too!:tongue: :tongue:

Cool! When I was body building I mixed it with yogurt for a pre-workout boost! Dannon Vanilla was the best. drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 07:56 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Thu 05/29/08 07:56 PM
Have you read his new book?

It Is Time
When The Big Hand Touches The Little Hand
By Michael Jackson
bigsmile

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 07:44 PM
It really doesn't take effort at all. Usually a Chpotle's burrito with black beans and rice with......... Oh, you said "flirting". Um, never mind.blushing

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 07:40 PM
Grape nuts (soggy) with brown sugar and banana or strawberry slices.:wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 07:27 PM

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO CANCER ON THE BONES!!!!!!!!

i do have degenerative bones in knees and ankles, but no cancer on the bones!!!!!!!!!

now we just gotta pray that everything else disappears!!!!!!

thank you so very very very much!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 05:44 PM

Christians are not perfect....they just expect everyone else to be...
devil

Nope, you got that wrong simple. Christians are not perfect...... but everyone expects them to be. :wink:

I think not.

I just expect them to be at least as perfect as I am. laugh laugh

AT THE VERY LEAST.. huh

laugh laugh laugh I am! laugh laugh
<<<<<< Your smile is prettier than mine though.blushing

You're just a dog with pink lips and two teeth.

Isn't anyone interested in my debate? Guess not huh?
What happen to the original poster?
What happen to the original person who bashed Oprah?

I guess I'll just get back to work cleaning my house then.

Buh bye see ya later tonight dog!

Just a dog? I am paper trained I'll have you know! Oops..... so much for that. blushing

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 05:37 PM

devil

Nope, you got that wrong simple. Christians are not perfect...... but everyone expects them to be. :wink:

I think not.

I just expect them to be at least as perfect as I am. laugh laugh

AT THE VERY LEAST.. huh

laugh laugh laugh I am! laugh laugh
<<<<<< Your smile is prettier than mine though.blushing

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 05:01 PM

devil

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 02:43 PM
Hiker! The Star and Sickle? Now there is a trustworthy source of fair and balanced literature. laugh If they moved a bit farther left they would fall over. laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 02:31 PM

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always, behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

This verse helps me in my chosen calling in the caring profession because 'little ones' is a subjective term. I know that God loves the little children and all of the little children of the world. And to us they are weak but to him they are strong.

Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

I used to entertain angels unaware but nightly Jesus points them out to me. I am especially glad he pointed this one angel to me who just turned 100 years old last month because she has been the biggest blessing that he could ever given to me.flowerforyou

:cry: Awww Rainbow! That is very touching. You are a good man. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 05:09 AM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Thu 05/29/08 05:11 AM
This thread for me stems from the impending divorce of a close frind I have known since I was eleven. His wife of 26 years suddenly decided she didn't love him anymore and never really did. He was happily plodding along and WHAMMO! One of the many questions he asked was if I thought they were incompatible, hence the unequally yoked question. It is a long story but it was hard for me to believe someone could switch gears so abruptly until a week later when he found out that someone was phoning her and she would leave the room to talk. It was someone she met online and was gearing up for... well whatever. He is unequally yoked.sick What would you do if you were in that situation?

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/29/08 04:55 AM

Love them there moo moo cows, Star_Tin!! laugh laugh laugh

Got Milk?laugh

Thank GOD for starting this thread!!

May it live a long thread life!!!drinker laugh
Amen!!flowerforyou

It was your idea pal, and a funny one too.flowerforyou laugh
Off to work now so everyone remember:

If life gives you lemons- wear safety glasses

If you have a bad day at work-flush the cat down the toilet. It was his fault anyway

Eat that cheese on your plate! Don't you know that children in Wisconsin are Favreing?

Time to make like a goose and get the flock outta here.flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 08:40 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Wed 05/28/08 08:42 PM

I know for certain that God has a warped sense of humour and doles out irony regularly...... :heart:

I am living proof of His warped sense of humor. laugh Scuse me while I hide from the lighning bolts. laugh laugh laugh
Another week with no time off.yawn Nite all! Have fun!:heart:

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 08:23 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Wed 05/28/08 08:26 PM

i like pudding.

me too!! got any??

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

wish i did..sad

AHHHHHHHH..... why'd you bring up pudding if you didn't HAVE ANY PUDDING!!! sad

Now I want pudding and I don't have any... before you told me about pudding I wasn't even thinking about pudding but now I know about pudding and apparently if I don't make some pudding I'll go to HELL...

Hmm... wait... is that right?

lack of pudding is th root of all evil!!

Pudding? I haven't looked at pudding the same way since Redy posted the info on what it is made of. Same goes for the Jello. :cry:
And then Jeannie tells me there is no Santa Claus.sad What's next? PeeWee Herman is actually Elvis in disguise? ohwell

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 08:18 PM

d i n k for the cow.humans taste like chicken.:wink:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!laugh laugh laugh
blushing blushing blushing You girls are terrible.blushing blushing blushing

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 08:16 PM

I agree to whip your butts in any debate.

HUMANS. They are nothing. They are only food.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh devil devil

I agree to sit in the shadows and I will bring my own food,,,,

flowerforyou bigsmile

Munching on a bowl of green seedless grapes. Want some? laugh drinker

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no thank you I am munchin on a Home made Cherry Pie,,, Top with Nilla Ice Cream,,,

Want some,,,, bigsmile

That trumps a bowl of grapes. :cry: Vanilla is my favorite. sad Goin' to the store.....:wink: