Community > Posts By > splendidlife

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/23/08 11:48 AM

If one can envision what the major influences were to Jesus and the Apostles, it becomes clear just how far off base the Christian religion has run.

I know.

Christianity is about as anti-Jesus as you can get.

Even in the demented twisted gospels of the Bible they didn't do a very good job of hiding Jesus' disagreement with their original religion.

But then they knew that they had no choice. If they didn't include the real views of Jesus no one would have beleived it because the truth of Jesus was too well-known.

Even as much as they retained they still had to shove the religion down the throats of the masses by threat of death or harm to anyone who questioned their "Holy Bible".

I can't believe how modern day people can't see the farce in all of this.

Once they buy into the idea that the Bible is the word of God, they're done for because that leaves them no choice left but to defend the book at all cost, thinking they are standing up for God.

It's a seriously devastating brainwashing scheme.

Fortunately it is dying out. The 'organized' religion is all but dead. All that truly exists anymore are a bunch of individuals trying to have 'personal relationship' with Jesus.

That's not going to last very far into this new millennium, especially with the paganistic religions growing exponentially, so for all intents and purposes all we are seeing today is the last gasp of a dead horse.

Thank God! flowerforyou

How beautiful this world will be when this issue transcends mere tolerance of differing religions and shifts into an equal, mutual embracing of all religions for each religion's respective underlying intention for peace and unity.

No matter how much mankind argues or goes to war over differences... don't we all wish for internal peace? Doesn't being in conflict with any other person over opposing ideas/beliefs reflect some degree of lack of peace with self?

Perhaps all of mankind is finally ready to truly wish, in every fiber of its being, for peace for every last living soul on this planet. If not today, perhaps sometime soon.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/23/08 08:53 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Tue 12/23/08 09:34 AM
I just watched a Documentary last night on Sundance called Jesus in India in which they quoted The Gospel of Thomas several times.

The filmmakers interviewed a spokesperson from the Vatican questioning Vatican/Roman-Catholic denial of any "valid" information available regarding the gap in scriptural documentation regarding Jesus' life and travels between the approximate ages of 17 and 30. The Vatican's response was essentially that ONLY the information documented by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John was to be considered valid.

According to what is presented in this particular Documentary, Hindu text states that Jesus traveled to Kashmir and other areas of India (including the Himalayas) to study Eastern Religion for many of those so-called lost years.

Eastern Religion emphasizes looking within. The Gospels of Thomas also suggest a turning inward to the God within and the Light within. This might seem to dilute the hold that the Holy Trinity concept would have on the faithful. To some, the Holy Trinity could be viewed as an idea created out of an agenda to further subvert Christians into a more defined and manageable following. In this scenario, Roman-Catholic denial of any validity to The Gospels of Thomas, would seem only logical.

splendidlife's photo
Mon 12/22/08 01:40 PM

well honey
we all came from GOD and not from a rock
and it does matter because if the earth was millions of years old then the bible would be a lie

it does matter

We all come from the same basic chemical components that make up the Universe...

Matter is arranged by many forces in such ways that it becomes all it becomes.

Who or what does the arranging, I won't even try to claim to know for sure.

I don't believe that it is random... Not at all.

Does one have to ignore Scientific fact in order to believe in Divine Energy?

I think not.

Why the need to prove anyone else dead wrong who doesn't see it exactly as you?

splendidlife's photo
Mon 12/22/08 12:14 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 12/22/08 12:17 PM

that's easy because it's been proven that any means of dating we have so far simply doesn't work.

so i believe in the beginning GOD and you believe dirt. if think you came from a rock honey i'll pray for you
and all those that join you

We all come from the same material...

HONEY

The issue of exactly how long it took to be created doesn't change that fact.

splendidlife's photo
Mon 12/22/08 11:04 AM

Its called "Christian be gone" and it comes in arousal now. Just kiddin. bigsmile

Holy Hydro-Phobic

splendidlife's photo
Mon 12/22/08 10:48 AM
That's what I needed this morning when I got pulled over for speeding.

spock slaphead

splendidlife's photo
Mon 12/22/08 09:01 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 12/22/08 09:02 AM

What is compassion, really?

How do we use it?

If we are able to tell someone we love the very thing they most DON'T wish to hear (even if it hurts like Hell) because it stands in the way of real freedom and happiness, could that be considered compassion?

For me personally compassion means a deep awareness of sympathy for another's suffering or the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it. It also can mean for some the understanding without judgment showing kindness to other human beings.

Of course I realize everyone has a different interpertation of what compassion means to them. I hope that method for the individual works best for them. Afterall, they have to live with it in the end.

What if another is suffering because they are unwilling to hear certain negative things about them selves that, if they could see how they were creating their own misery, could take responsibility and move on to freedom?

Sometimes compassion doesn't look as pretty as the pictures the word "compassion" can paint. Sometimes brutal honesty is the kindest thing another can do for someone suffering. Isn't it a true friend who can be brave enough to tell the truth, regardless of how it may hurt? If it means brutal honesty could shift a loved one's understanding such that they could finally be free of an issue that has caused a lifetime of pain and suffering...

splendidlife's photo
Sun 12/21/08 02:27 PM

How do we use it?

If we are able to tell someone we love the very thing they most DON'T wish to hear (even if it hurts like Hell) because it stands in the way of real freedom and happiness, could that be considered compassion?

For me personally compassion means a deep awareness of sympathy for another's suffering or the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it. It also can mean for some the understanding without judgment showing kindness to other human beings.

Of course I realize everyone has a different interpertation of what compassion means to them. I hope that method for the individual works best for them. Afterall, they have to live with it in the end.

What if another is suffering because they are unwilling to hear certain negative things about them selves that, if they could see how they were creating their own misery, could take responsibility and move on to freedom?

splendidlife's photo
Sun 12/21/08 08:00 AM

How do we use it?

splendidlife's photo
Sun 12/21/08 07:55 AM
Jesus vs. Santa
Smack-down!

slaphead

splendidlife's photo
Thu 12/18/08 12:21 PM

well you see the old testament was so violent because it was BEFORE jesus, there are new theories today that say that the god in christianity could have been one of the old gods that were unforgiving and gave you not one shot, but no shots at all. then came this jesus fellow who died for us and created the harry potter scenario, where god (or voldamort) cant hurt us because jesus (harry's perants) died for us creating a kind of sheild untill the supposed second coming of the messiah (voldamorts ressurection) and the apocolypse.

thats how i see it could be, but i dont believe in religion, i just like to look at it and how it could be the way it is.

Except that Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn't the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament.Look here:

Matthew 5

5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.huh

he does not fullfill untill after the second coming/apocolypse

So in other words, he wont actually stone all of the non-believers until he comes back? Okay, good. That will give me just enough time to install Jesus Proof Fencing.

there's a sale on jesus proof fences at Lowe's.

Isn't there a spray now, kind of like Scotch Guard?

Prodi-Son Guard or something?
:wink:

splendidlife's photo
Thu 12/18/08 12:17 PM

Keyboards are cheap.
So is 35TOO apparently. (Sorry 35TOO. No offense intended. Ya gotta admit it was a perfect straight line. :smile:)
YOUR OLDER , SO YOUR CHEAPER..........

You don't have a picture up...

So, you're cheaper.

:tongue:

splendidlife's photo
Thu 12/18/08 08:04 AM

Making Peace suggested by the sites Jester (smiless)

1. Can a man or woman who is not a Christian treat a Christian as a brother regardless if one doesn't believe in the Bible or the message of heartful faith of Jesus. For example: Can a non-religious or other religious affiliate still believe that he is still going to go to a great place when he dies even if he doesn't believe Christ as his savior? I say yes!

2. Can a non-religious person accept a Christian's decision in believing in Christ to be able to see light at the end of the tunnel, or to be saved, or accepted, or what have you? I say yes!

3. Can you as a human being regardless of what belief system teaches you, can accept people who are not of your religion or spiritual faith and love him or her as a equal regardless? I say yes!

My answer to all 3 questions as you see is "Yes". Now I am aware that some will say no to one of the three questions or even all of them. I accept your decision! Very good my brother and sister! Could you reread the questions and try to accept my answers somehow? Try again for me. I am not trying to change your mind, I just want you to think about it that is all.

We are all humans capable of love regardless of what book, belief system, feelings, or what have you on these upcoming holidays and can show gratitude that we are here on Earth for the same purpose as sisters and brothers.

Can you believe in the knowledge of a Atheist, or a dedicated Catholic follower? I can! Why can't you? Regardless if it doesn't make sense, can you still accept the person who has a heartbeat like yours, who has blood inside of his skin like yours, who has feelings and can cry and laugh just like you? I can!

What say you Christian, Catholic, Muslim, Buddhist, Taoist, Wicca, Pagan, Indian Spirituality, Laws of Attraction follower, Atheist, Agnostic, Jesuist, and those I have missed? Can we as humans just be one of the equal. No higher and no lower, no smarter and no dumber, no worst and no better, and enjoy what is most important - Laughter and Happiness and Gratitude as a people as a human? I can!

I would like to see once from a Christian say to a non religous person. I think you are a splendid person regardless in what you believe in. Can you do this today? I can!

I would like to see a non-religous person say, I think you are a great Christian person and hope that what you seek in you heart and belief system makes you happy. Can you do this? I can!

Now let us pray, meditate, chant, or do nothing if you are a Atheist and think about how to make peace with one another. How to tolerate another belief system to bring peace amongst each other. Can you think about this? I can!

I watch as my daughter goes to school everyday. She goes to children of all nationalities and different religious backgrounds. They do not care what color or what religion they are. They only care about pleasing each other with sharing the toys, the food, and are looking for laughter.
Why can't you do this as an adult? Shame on you! Shame on you! Can you change your attitude? I can!

I shed a tear for those who look for debate trying to prove their point when it truly is a effortless attempt to change a mind that doesn't want their mind to be changed for they are HAPPY with their own discoverys. Can't you just accept that? I can!

I would shed another tear today, but I won't waste that effort on this article for the day is great as my belief system says. I will however say from my heart that you are a special person. Show it to others your kindness and you will go far in life. Can you do this? I can!

I bow to you with respect and may you have a great time on this planet seeking laughter and happiness and less arguements, disagreements, frustrations, or anything you experience in negativity on and off this computer.

Smiless your dedicated site jesterdrinker

1. I say yes too!

2. I also say yes!

3. Yes, indeed!

This "adult" can care about pleasing others with sharing and do so with laughter.

And now... I will do an interpretive dance in honor of tolerance of ALL belief systems to bring peace amongst All people.

:banana:

Peace, Love and Equality!

splendidlife's photo
Wed 12/17/08 09:01 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Wed 12/17/08 09:03 AM

The Church of the Dorito is incomplete without its Beandip its savior.

All hail the Bean Dip!laugh

The Bean Dip Spoiled For Our Sins!

Taste the Bean Dip!!!!

rant

Instead of the priest using incense at Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament and other ceremonies, alter boys could simply follow with their hindquarters aimed in the general direction of the congregation.
laugh

splendidlife's photo
Wed 12/17/08 08:32 AM

glasses We were created by the Draconians for slave labor and food.glasses

I am trying to make myself taste bad when the time comeslaugh

Yeah...

I've been eating nothing but Tofu and Parsnips.

splendidlife's photo
Wed 12/17/08 08:30 AM

Well I think God creates because he is just bored and needs entertainment. I am not sure but I heard he has over a thousand channels to choose from up there.

Now what I do know is how God created Man. Here it is:

Creation of Man

One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God, "Lord, I have a problem!"

"What's the problem, Eve?"

"Lord, I know you've created me and have provided this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, and that hilarious comedy snake, but I'm just not happy."

"Why is that, Eve?" came the reply from above.

"Lord, I am lonely. And I'm sick to death of apples."

"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for you."

"What's a 'man', Lord?"

"This man will be a flawed creature, with aggressive tendencies, an enormous ego and an inability to empathize or listen to you properly. All in all, he'll give you a hard time. But, he'll be bigger and faster and more muscular than you. He'll be really good at fighting and kicking a ball about and hunting fleet- footed ruminants, and not altogether bad in the sack."

"Sounds great," says Eve, with an ironically raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, well. He's better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick. But, you can have him on one condition."

"What's that, Lord?"

"You'll have to let him believe that I made him first."

I hope this answers some questions Funcheslaugh

Poke in the eye with a burnt stick...

vs.

Let him believe he's not altogether bad in the sack...

Hmmmmm...

Let's see...

spock
drinker
:wink:
:heart:

splendidlife's photo
Wed 12/17/08 07:57 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Wed 12/17/08 07:58 AM

And your creator is? spock

:drum roll:

.... and the envelope please?

The crowd is silent with anticipation:

:Abra step closer to the mic:

:tap tap tap:

:clears throat:

~~~

~~~

~~~

And the winner for the Creator of this Universe award goes to,...

:more drum rolls:

:people in the audience cough in the silence:

~~~~

flowerforyou

~~~~

~~~~

drinks

~~~~

drool

~~~~

shades

~~~~

The Great Spirit!

flowers

happy :smile: :wink: drinker bigsmile glasses smokin

...of Christmasses yet to come.

splendidlife's photo
Wed 12/17/08 07:44 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Wed 12/17/08 07:54 AM
Wow!

I SO can relate!

Why, just this morning as I was leaving my bedroom, I found myself covered in Dog Hair (all over my freshly laundered black dress)!

My dog was WAY downstairs!!!

scared

And...

Here I am at work...

Still picking off hairs...

shocked

Yikes!

The Truth Is Out There!

slaphead
ohwell

splendidlife's photo
Wed 12/17/08 07:38 AM

The Church of the Dorito is incomplete without its Beandip its savior.

All hail the Bean Dip!laugh

The Bean Dip Spoiled For Our Sins!

Taste the Bean Dip!!!!

rant

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/16/08 01:46 PM

we have got churches and temples dedicated to all sorts of things,,yeck nowdays most anything is made into a religion. Since religion is supposedly tax free and "non-profit" my friends and I have decided to start the Church of the Dorito. Heck with the tithes and "non-profit" income think of all the good that could be done in the name of the delicious snack product's name..seriously people is religion just another form of buisness and government that profits from the masses shoveling cash at it or there any legitamate reason we should pay such institutions any mind at all? Let me know what you think...:tongue:

Talk about Religion and Conspiracy Theories:

Did you know that some years ago the Frito-Lay Company gathered their Scientists to develop a way to chemically cause the Dorito to loose its flavor about a third of the way before its completely chewed and swallowed?

This way, consumers feel compelled to stuff more chips into their mouths before even finishing the previous mouthful. All their poor brains know is that they must have more and more of that powerful burst O' flavor that seems to elude them so.

Diabolical, I tells ya!

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25