Community > Posts By > splendidlife

splendidlife's photo
Wed 12/03/08 07:37 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Wed 12/03/08 08:17 AM

i think ignorance comes with insecurity honestly .. but its not as simple as a one word answer. I think it def. has alot to do with how you're raised.

Heres a scenario .. Jane doe is beaten by her father from an early age all the way into her teen years ( plz ladies this is just for the sake of an example) She eventually starts dating guys and ends up dating the wrong people . after countless encounters she will eventually build this idea in her mind that all men are bad ..and without reading what i wrote previously about jane doe .. her feelings might sound ignorant because not all men are bad or created equal. so thats just an example how a person might develop ignorance for either something particular or just a ignorant mentality in general.

ignorance is a really tough thing to be passive about and it hurts alot of people .. but theres also alot of things that you can't necessarily say is ignorant because thats just the way it is lol.

Religion for example .. personally i find religion to be a hoax and sometimes i feel like people are ignorant for believing in a dogmatic figure, to me its superfluous i think its one reason why theres a lot of war and hate going on in the world . But its IGNORANT to say that religion is ignorance ... get it ?

Your right in the sense that ignorance can be subjective to the circumstances and influences surrounding a person or group of people. In this sense i believe as a people we are programing this ignorance into ourselves and our society. Religion itself is a double edge sword, it has been used for both good and evil. Truth as in all knowledge is like this. Eveything and everything one has the potential to do both, which in a since also says that ignorance is a matter of choice. Is this a paradox or is the nature of ignorance in humans so co-dependent on itself that one state of ignorance in turn perpetuates the other?

Ignorance is simply lack of knowledge.

We're all ignorant until we learn through trial and error.

Its never-ending learning.

SO... We're ALL ignorant.

NO ONE is above the learning curve, therefore NO ONE is in a position to determine any precise ignorance to knowledge ratio in any other person at any given time.

splendidlife's photo
Wed 12/03/08 07:21 AM

You know we talk about a lot of spiritual things on here and our differences - but what is really important to you in your daily life? what is it you want out of life - your goals or desires, or dreams? the here and now - not what may or maybe afterwords. anyone?

I wish to be present for my little girl, Savannah. Some days I'm just so numbed out from the constant motion of the day's conscious gobble-de-goop that I come home a bit zombified. It takes almost the whole evening to land (so to speak) and its already her bedtime.

My favorite time is when I get to read to her and curl up with her while she drifts off to sleep. Her crib has been modified into a toddler bed (open on the side). I often awaken to a falling sensation as I smack down on the floor.

She's growing so fast!

now thats what i'm talking about - :heart: :thumbsup: waving winking

I wish to be living self-sufficiently, off of the land w/ less and less dependence on infrastructure. I feel I'm in no position at this time to do so and have no idea of how to begin moving in that direction.

get on line - google whole earth catalogs, purchase the ones on how to live off the grid - thats for starters. - bigsmile

Having visited the site, I now lean towards a more nomadic subsistence...

Now I dream of traveling with my loved ones in an alternatively fueled RV with fantastic paintings covering the exterior.

flowerforyou
Such a hippy!

splendidlife's photo
Wed 12/03/08 07:12 AM

Hello my wizard friend (Tribo),

May the draconian goddess spare you!

Once upon a time a goddess was bored as there was nothing to do. She sat and pondered at the mundane events. She watched how her life was nulled with no challenges or excitement. She then came up with an idea and with a snap of her magic she made angels carry swords, as of other mythological beasts to entertain. She then ordered them to fight and she sat back to watch how violence made energy fizzle faster then usual. She liked this feeling and thought of more ideas to create a more exciting and creative universe such as creating the selfish, greedy, complaining, and never happy humans who always want more, more, more! Soon she will get bored with this though. She is only take a short break.:smile:

Many people always want to believe (God - Goddess) is a all good identity. Have you ever thought of the possibility that perhaps a God - Goddess is perhaps not all good-holy even though he or she created the universe anyhow.

I hope this answers your question.................................. or not! laugh

Have a great day and whatever logic you come up with is fine with me:smile:

Perhaps equal good and bad = neutral.

Good and bad created out of the minds of man.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/02/08 03:18 PM

"IF" there were really A ULTIMATE POWERFUL INTELLIGENCE THAT MAKES MAN LOOK LIKE KIDDIES IN A PLAY POOL, WHAT WOULD IT HAVE TO DO TO MULTIPY ITSELF?

WHAT ENVIRONEMENT WOULD HAVE TO BE CREATED?

WHAT WOULD THIS PRACTICE LEARNING GROUND LOOK LIKE?

FOR THIS TO BE SEEN, ONE WOULD HAVE TO FIRST DEFINE WITH CLEAR KNOWING WHAT ULTIMATE INTELLIGENCE COULD OR WOULD BE?

MAN OWN INTELLIGENCE FIRST GETS IN THE WAY OF HIS GOOD LOGIC AT THIS POINT........

PEACE AND GOOD WILL AND GOOD FORTUNE TO ALL MORTALS IS THE ONLY WILL OF ANY PEACEFUL GOD.......

ANY OTHER WORDS DIVIDE THE ONLY KINGDOM IN THE UNIVERSE.......OURS

"DavidBen" Peace like Love are both fantasies of the mind

what one may considered as being a situation of Peace and Love another may consider that same situation as being horror as people have died in the name of both

"MAN'S OWN INTELLIGENCE FIRST GETS IN THE WAY OF HIS GOOD LOGIC AT THIS POINT........"

That pretty much says enough for me.

"SpendidLife" you're not about to go feminist on us are you

LOL!

Actually, I include myself in "MAN" in this context and AGREE with the nuance of DB's words.

:wink:

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/02/08 01:19 PM

"IF" there were really A ULTIMATE POWERFUL INTELLIGENCE THAT MAKES MAN LOOK LIKE KIDDIES IN A PLAY POOL, WHAT WOULD IT HAVE TO DO TO MULTIPY ITSELF?

WHAT ENVIRONEMENT WOULD HAVE TO BE CREATED?

WHAT WOULD THIS PRACTICE LEARNING GROUND LOOK LIKE?

FOR THIS TO BE SEEN, ONE WOULD HAVE TO FIRST DEFINE WITH CLEAR KNOWING WHAT ULTIMATE INTELLIGENCE COULD OR WOULD BE?

MAN OWN INTELLIGENCE FIRST GETS IN THE WAY OF HIS GOOD LOGIC AT THIS POINT........

PEACE AND GOOD WILL AND GOOD FORTUNE TO ALL MORTALS IS THE ONLY WILL OF ANY PEACEFUL GOD.......

ANY OTHER WORDS DIVIDE THE ONLY KINGDOM IN THE UNIVERSE.......OURS

"DavidBen" Peace like Love are both fantasies of the mind

what one may considered as being a situation of Peace and Love another may consider that same situation as being horror as people have died in the name of both

"MAN'S OWN INTELLIGENCE FIRST GETS IN THE WAY OF HIS GOOD LOGIC AT THIS POINT........"

That pretty much says enough for me.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/02/08 12:59 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Tue 12/02/08 01:06 PM

2nd question, why would a loving god want to have or use weapons? why would there be any weapons/chariots/spears or any other "weapons" in heaven? Could not god wipe them all out with a word, or banish them from this universe? This talk of angels seems to me to be nothing but bull, if he can't control his own creations and needs to do battle with them, what does that say about his so called "omnipotence? explain if you can please.

By Jove I think Tribo's Got it

you finally understand the point I was trying to make in that other thread....why would a God have the "need" for weapons, angels fighting, chariots or humans...

the fact that a supposely omnipotent God would create anything would in fact prove that it wasn't omnipotent ...and not a God

well no your question was why does god have a "need" to create, mine is why does he have a need to "make war" with his own creation?

the only thing i can see is since he is not capable of creating something as perfect as he is he had no choice but to create inferior things. if he could create things as perfect as he is then he wouldn't be "the god" anymore but just one of many. he's a jealous god, don't like competition.thus - angels and mankind - but as to "need" i think it was not need but boredom or desire etc.. but really i dont care, he did not care enough to ask me if i wanted to participate and i dont care to conform to his rules. enuff said.

slaphead

Wouldn't logic suggest these man-made ideas of a jealous god a tad juvenile?

The very idea of god "needing" anything, assigning human traits to something infinitely beyond human, seems ridiculous.

These "rules" were formulated from the minds of man.

:laughing:

Silly Human, Silly Human Race...

how dare you insult the human race!!! - tongue2

but since you have - tell me doe eyes - as an outsider, what are your real feelings about humans?tongue2

We're all just babes in the woods...

I flail about this earth with essentially the same type of vehicle as any other human. My conscious mind moves my body around, stumbling me on almost every step along the way.

Although I don't often "feel" human, I'm reminded every time I do yet another stupid thing (which is just about every other second).

ohwell

D'oh!
tears

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/02/08 12:30 PM

2nd question, why would a loving god want to have or use weapons? why would there be any weapons/chariots/spears or any other "weapons" in heaven? Could not god wipe them all out with a word, or banish them from this universe? This talk of angels seems to me to be nothing but bull, if he can't control his own creations and needs to do battle with them, what does that say about his so called "omnipotence? explain if you can please.

By Jove I think Tribo's Got it

you finally understand the point I was trying to make in that other thread....why would a God have the "need" for weapons, angels fighting, chariots or humans...

the fact that a supposely omnipotent God would create anything would in fact prove that it wasn't omnipotent ...and not a God

well no your question was why does god have a "need" to create, mine is why does he have a need to "make war" with his own creation?

the only thing i can see is since he is not capable of creating something as perfect as he is he had no choice but to create inferior things. if he could create things as perfect as he is then he wouldn't be "the god" anymore but just one of many. he's a jealous god, don't like competition.thus - angels and mankind - but as to "need" i think it was not need but boredom or desire etc.. but really i dont care, he did not care enough to ask me if i wanted to participate and i dont care to conform to his rules. enuff said.

slaphead

Wouldn't logic suggest these man-made ideas of a jealous god a tad juvenile?

The very idea of god "needing" anything, assigning human traits to something infinitely beyond human, seems ridiculous.

These "rules" were formulated from the minds of man.

:laughing:

Silly Human, Silly Human Race...

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/02/08 11:00 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Tue 12/02/08 11:00 AM

You know we talk about a lot of spiritual things on here and our differences - but what is really important to you in your daily life? what is it you want out of life - your goals or desires, or dreams? the here and now - not what may or maybe afterwords. anyone?

I wish to be present for my little girl, Savannah. Some days I'm just so numbed out from the constant motion of the day's conscious gobble-de-goop that I come home a bit zombified. It takes almost the whole evening to land (so to speak) and its already her bedtime.

My favorite time is when I get to read to her and curl up with her while she drifts off to sleep. Her crib has been modified into a toddler bed (open on the side). I often awaken to a falling sensation as I smack down on the floor.

She's growing so fast!

now thats what i'm talking about - :heart: :thumbsup: waving winking

I wish to be living self-sufficiently, off of the land w/ less and less dependence on infrastructure. I feel I'm in no position at this time to do so and have no idea of how to begin moving in that direction.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/02/08 10:14 AM

She's growing so fast!

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/02/08 09:27 AM

Exactly how I took it, we reinforce what we think about, it does not erode it to deny it, it reinforces it.

Agreed

no no no,,don't ever agre to anything,,including not to agree to anything ,,,agree? ,,,rofl.. in all actuality, I think Shakespeare my have talk about this a little. I think, therefore I ammmmmmmmm!!!!

I wholeheartedly agree with the notion that it does not erode it to deny it, but reinforces it.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/02/08 09:24 AM

Could it be that they do this in hopes of proving to everyone that they are the smartest person on earth or something like that? Or is it just narcissistic behavior?

"MartyMark" ..aren't you yourself displaying a perfect example of narcissistic behavior by assuming that you have the answer that there is a creator but have no proof beyond your own mind and/or faith that there is a creator but yet lament that no one should question otherwise

His response will be a great big tell that this is Ark you're talking to.

sounds almost narcissistic

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/02/08 09:10 AM

Could it be that they do this in hopes of proving to everyone that they are the smartest person on earth or something like that? Or is it just narcissistic behavior?

"MartyMark" ..aren't you yourself displaying a perfect example of narcissistic behavior by assuming that you have the answer that there is a creator but have no proof beyond your own mind and/or faith that there is a creator but yet lament that no one should question otherwise

His response will be a great big tell that this is Ark you're talking to.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/02/08 08:37 AM

The moment that each individual loves others (and self) beyond any pictures that conscious mind paints and truly knows (feels) that "thread" connecting the collective is perhaps the moment that this idea of loving god can make sense for ALL.

Namaste :heart: flowers

I salute the Divinity in You.
happy :heart: happy

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/02/08 08:17 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Tue 12/02/08 09:08 AM

the best way i can explain it is its like being the kid in the story "the emperor's new clothes"...

if it were not for the people who throughout history, sought to debunk the superstition and dogmas that imprison the human mind and societies, sometimes at the cost of their own lives, the world, the state of education, technology and knowledge would not have progressed beyond the dark ages where god did everything, and we only had to read our bible and nothing else (those who could read that is).

some of us actually care about the state of our one world and our one life and do not seek to console ourselves and appease our conscience by telling ourselves there is another one after we've denigrated this one.

There are grains of truth in what everyone adds to the conversation... Whether we consider ourselves Christian, Muslim, Agnostic, Gnostic, Jew, Atheist or any other "thing".

Could there be a forgotten collective consciousness in which we ALL live? Perhaps the tendency of only seeing one's individual tree and not the entire forest leads to greater separation.

When one most uses memory to focus on the wrongs done in the past, how effective can one be at shifting into happiness today?

splendidlife's photo
Mon 12/01/08 02:28 PM

Exactly how I took it, we reinforce what we think about, it does not erode it to deny it, it reinforces it.

Agreed

splendidlife's photo
Mon 12/01/08 11:12 AM

relax guys/gals...just try'in to have a little fun, I'm hurting too much to get out in this cold!

Here...

:heart:

Have some healing ju ju, martymark, and feel better.
healing Ju Ju, ???? enlighten please!

Good Vibes, Dude.

splendidlife's photo
Mon 12/01/08 10:40 AM

relax guys/gals...just try'in to have a little fun, I'm hurting too much to get out in this cold!

Here...

:heart:

Have some healing ju ju, martymark, and feel better.

splendidlife's photo
Mon 12/01/08 10:02 AM

I think it's possible you are misunderstanding the term "narcissism." Narcissists, generally speaking, have a need to be admired and have others think well of them. They will often not go against the grain of society, they have to have the best of everything (materially) and they will only socialize with people who they believe are close to being on par with themselves. They don't care if they are liked so long as they believe people admire and envy them. A true narcissist will not argue against popular thought as that could lead to losing that admiration that is desperately desired. They are self-centered only to the extent that they fit in and exceed (in their own minds) society's expectations.

The need to be right all the time doesn't really play in here, unless they are using it to further their own sense of self-worth by arguing for the popular answer better than anyone else. flowerforyou

The need to be "right" is based on fear of appearing inferior. Therefore, it is based on a need to feel superior.

C'mon... Aren't we ALL narcissistic? :wink:

splendidlife's photo
Mon 12/01/08 09:58 AM

all this because of an observation I made?

do you really want to try and get in my head? It's a scary and dangerous neighborhood in there

Conscious thoughts can run to infinity like ticker-tape. I have a challenging enough time with my own and don't really care to get too deep into yours.
I guess I related to your perspective because I've had similar thoughts that I now hope to further understand.

splendidlife's photo
Mon 12/01/08 08:56 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 12/01/08 08:57 AM
If we could take the "I" out of all statements posted and break them down to simplest terms, could we not see common patterns of behavior that we all exhibit (this poster included)?