Community > Posts By > splendidlife

splendidlife's photo
Fri 01/09/09 12:05 PM

the dawn of man a sunrise at dusk, the infinite circle that create all trust, evidence buried deep in the crust, flanks all swollen about to bust, the tail the head need not a toss, nothing missing not one ounce as lost, dead and dying be no more the cost, justice roam the world evil to accost, wormwood the holy that swarmed the land, marked the mind and tied the hands, pours holy minds thru the eye of the needle like sand, the lamb once bleeding no longer a man, open the books each page to unfold, trees all plucked fig leaves once sold, trunks of cedar and hickory and burl, all that was spoken now be unfurled, the measure of knowing as what be welcome, infinite possibilities cannot be broken, all in the universe as one unbroken, winter and summer the spring rains bring the token, the chariots ride and unbridle the bits that choke, perfect love created no longer be broke, one rider come forth and smash the yoke, imagination prick reality just as was spoke, nights and days and no more sky, signs in the scrolls cure all evil eye, the dragon it struggle but soon shall die, let fear and love be summoned on high, erase the divide and courage take flight, the day and hour pass in just one night, yang be ying and zen the purple cord, all one mind and all of accord, spirits once beaten now gold they afford, wisdom and truth the king and lord, earth as shaken the divine as rose, the womb as closed all mankind exposed, perplexion and confusion no longer the foe, the hair of wisdom white and long it grow, firery reason with no start and no end, einstien and lennon casey nostros begin, gravity wane and big wheels they do spin, equal be the flame that burn within, once what was wrote that made the mote, breached all logic crafted each boat, trees cut down and all branches afloat, once broken cisterns now where the coat, old magic carpets once damaged and torn, race thru the skies and erase the scorn, bias birthed equality and freedom is born, the crop be readied now harvest the corn, come ye hither all cursed good or bad, truth be equalized and erase all the sad, dries the tears and remove the gag, young and old the prize be had, the myths displaced that made malice and hate, time wound tight release the plan and set the fate, memories jagged stones laid plain and straight, uncover the path and lead to the gate, childlike toddlers released from a fall, wise all knowing now grown and tall, balance now free released from the stall, honest candor come one and all, hearts open forth and set free the sails, pious kingdoms do crumble and fail, holy perceptions no longer avial, truth as slavery no man buy or sell, flying eagle eyes rip down all the blinds, infinite unlock each creature sublime, new horizons redeem once feeble minds, mankinds destiny about to unwind, awareness as free if no holier than thee, shatters the hourglass set captives free, the veil now rent what do you see, equality quell the hearts that bleed, bias the serpent the once ravaged and beat, starved to death no mortals to eat, brotherhood the meat prepare the feast, power as perfect no strongarm defeat, the son arise and stop mercy for cash, hatred sold once that ripped the sash, dogma and doctrine burned in the trash, united mankind now nothing dare abash, machines stop churning the earth no more turning, what crawled on its belly now no more hurting, holy spirits removed eyes now yearning, the snake distain give way to learning, no lion no lamb no bear no beast, taste the ripened fruit of equality, pure wisdom blind eyes to entreat, proposed evil slaves now smile with glee, holy leaders in fright do flee, towns and countries and cities ensanred now free, prepare the magic and light up the show, trees of knowledge cut down and smote, trees of life now free to grow, eternal life let lose to flow, what was down now up and up as down, no more mary round and round, eves adorned in rainbow gowns, adom in flux light up the towns, wonderland stories once as foretold, greatness unvieled swallow the fold, universe four sides now do unfold, galaxie laid out all eyes behold, civilization the statue now as complete, hands with swords no longer compete, gather all adoms untie the energy, towers of commerce as silent and empty, perpetual spirit stop all the commotion, equal the prophet stir the big potion, rise the atlantis and erase all notions, spark the perpetual and set infinite in motion.............

<- 795 Magnificently Gorgeous Words Fundamentalist Christians COULD Say in a New Dawn of Humanity.

splendidlife's photo
Sun 01/04/09 02:01 PM

I don't think there are any quick solutions for racism. Even within an interracial family, racism and bias can exist.

Bias exists in every family...

Interracial or not.

splendidlife's photo
Sat 01/03/09 01:11 PM

^ watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5J0cSnYnFg

Neither of these two representations actually refute the other.

splendidlife's photo
Sat 01/03/09 12:39 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Sat 01/03/09 12:41 PM

How do you know personally when you are free spiritualy?

Is it when you wake up everyday feeling good with yourself

Is it when nothing bothers you anymore or you see everything as great instead of what is

Is it when you can experience passion to help others in needs

or is it a combination of many things.

I would like to know what your personal philosophy of what freedom of spirituality means to you.

Could it be when all aspects of your surrounding environment (including all people with which you interact) neither strike you as "good" or "bad", regardless of circumstances?

splendidlife's photo
Sat 01/03/09 12:01 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Sat 01/03/09 12:04 PM

Something rather unsettling I read of the other day...

A group of anthropologists, and scientists, studied a colony of chimpanzees and noted a group within the colony who were listless, apathetic, isolating themselves, and for all indications showed signs of depression.

This group of chimps were removed from the colony, for six months, and when the scientists returned to re-integrate the 'depressed' chimps, they discovered the entire colony dead. Not gone, not moved on... dead.

What they surmised, is that depression within a society is an early warning system for the colony, that something is not right...

Depression.... when diagnosing depression and other forms of societal dis-ease.. the benchmarks, or parameters, are so vastly blurred, it really is a hit and miss diagnosis.

Societal pressures... perceived or otherwise, as well as having an unhealthy image or picture of what one is supposed to be, are strong contributors to 'depression'...

I like to think that depression, is an undoing of repression.. it is present for a specific organic reason, and sedating, or masking these sensations are inappropriate...

More emotional support, and connection with clients, family, society in general is a more effective form of treatment.

As a race/cutlure, humans have become so separated, insular, and isolated, emotionally,the sense of dis-connection is becoming more and more prevalent.

Depression can serve as a valuable indicator of one's painful disconnection from whole/true/higher-Self. Could it be a normal human process to feel varying levels of depression? It seems too often that Modern Medicine treats this indicator as a fatal disease that MUST be stamped out. It seems that, too hastily doctors blindly prescribe antidotes to numb any pain as quickly as possible rather than encourage a deeper understanding of human feelings. Ultimately, the less we tolerate our feelings and turn to medication to eliminate the most painful ones, the less we allow ourselves to be free. Societal pressures to appear as though all is "good" all of the time further perpetuate this trend.

Of course there’s still a need for the use of Psychopharmacology in extreme cases in which the depression may have seriously progressed. Some people need immediate stabilization. It just seems sad that masses of people are being convinced that they will have to be on medications such as SSRI’s for the rest of their lives. Do our brains become reliant over time on these chemical regulators in order for us to feel normal? Do we loose opportunities to connect with our human pain that otherwise could have served to free our selve's from self-limiting beliefs?

It seems promising that Medicine considers more options than just Psychotropic Medication as viable treatment for depression.

splendidlife's photo
Fri 01/02/09 01:54 PM

So if one is trying to do good but is always thrawted by evil then good becomes automatically evil?

so does this mean that good should have just let it happen to stay good?

and since good is enterwined with evil then both are evil?

I mean let us say good was first player and all was great then evil came as the next player.

so for good to remain good he should have just let evil take over?

but since we live on earth with good and evil their is perhaps a challenge if it would be true that gods are competing

just ideas rumbling through funches

"smiles"... since neither side have attempted to fix the problem at the source is why neither side can be considered as being good or evil

so if god or gods existed then they are neutral. interesting

Good AND Evil...

The two as separate and opposing => Human Mind's interpretation from seeing repeating pattern of polar opposites everywhere in surrounding physical environment.

splendidlife's photo
Fri 01/02/09 09:55 AM

But let us say this where to be true that all the Gods we believe in are really existent and it is a competition amongst the Gods who use us as ponds on a chess board.

but wait let me continue....

now imagine that at the moment that the God of Evil is actually winning this competition at the moment in the year 2009 coming up.

if all the Gods are using the human race as pawns in a chess game then couldn't one considered that all the Gods involved in this game were Gods of Evil

I had a little time to think about it. Perhaps one side of the Gods are evil as they watch how humans suffer, use violence, lie, etc. etc.

and the oppossing team is trying to prove them wrong that life can be full of love, happiness, joy, etc. etc.

A competition of the two sides as nations are moved around like a boardgame of Risk

Perhaps it never was a competition at all, but rather a perfect balance that we humans interpreted as a struggle to be only good.

splendidlife's photo
Fri 01/02/09 09:47 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Fri 01/02/09 10:41 AM

Einstein was considered a Genius with a unimaginable high IQ level of 180. If he was crazy then he did a good job in containing it I must say. Did he have imagination? Yes he had a higher imagination then most people could ever dream off.

It is not unusual or a rare occurrence for those that are of higher intelligence or score well on IQ tests to have emotional problems or sometimes actual mental disturbance in some respect. Some of his behaviors would have led me to suspect that he might have been manic or bi-polar. I have no way of knowing that of course and neither did they back then because the level of sophistication and ability to properly diagnose mental illness was not anywhere near what we have today. I am only saying that it is possible and that some of his behaviors and appearance would have prompted an evaluation if he had lived today.

Too readily does our, modern more "sophisticated" means of diagnosis deem people mentally ill simply because they don't fit within common standard(s). Such standards seem to operate on dumb-down principles in which we're constantly being encouraged to limit our thoughts and ideas of possibility in order to fit in with some sort of worker-bee mentality.

People are labeled ADHD and given drugs to slow thinking down to dumb-down speed.

Thanks Pharmaceutical Companies!

What ever would we do without you?

I've had as much good come from medications as bad, and in particular, one anti-psychotic actually induced a manic episode, causing me to be hospitalized in 2007. Without medications, my own illness takes me from depression to hypomania, but the benefits of the illness greatly outweigh the liabilities of it. The main photo is my latest invention, now in production, and with the side-effect that now I hire people with a better delusion of sanity to build it. The invention required skills in: Mathematics, image processing, programming, machining, drafting, biomechanics and podiatry. Speaking from the perspective of a high school drop out, one could assume genius or insanity. For the latter, the state of Ohio would agree with you, but on the other hand, the results of my efforts have caused me to be very spoiled and I'm perfectly content being labeled crazy, nut job, wacko or whatever the phrase of the day is. I get to pretty much do whatever I want to do and really don't have to explain myself or justify myself.

While I don't recommend others doing this, most of my life has excluded the use of medications, except for a brief period in the early 80's and from early 2005 through early 2008, (lithium, trileptal and as a prn, Seroquel). When I was hospitalized in early 2007, for the first time in a quarter of a century, it was actually seroquel, a tranquilizer known to be useful for most patients who suffered from bipolar mania or sleeping problems that triggered a horrible dysphoric episode, when I ran out of lithium. (Lithium and trileptal are mood stablizers). I have to agree with you in terms of feeling dumbed down by medications , although there have been times in my life where medication was necessary. I also avoid any substance that messes with the dopamine receptors of the brain, (alcohol etc) simply because they induce mania and it is impossible to predict whether the experience will be dysphoric or euphoric, and either way, mania is not something anyone can really enjoy.

There's a common cliche that fits, that there is a fine line between genius and insanity. It assumes the line is real that the line really matters. Much of media encourages people to treat mental illness as a clinical condition, not too different than an ailment below the neck, and in one particular show, more honestly describes mental illness as a gift and a curse. The secret to this is finding where our weaknesses are actually our strengths, which, in my case, is inventing things and challenging my mind to go where it hasn't gone before.

Delusions of Sanity make for more productive worker bees.

Mental Illness as a Gift:

Opportunity to dig deep into one's own perceived weaknesses, step beyond self-condemnation and to enter into equal acceptance of self and all of humanity.

Could amazing creativity be more possible when one drops the illness label?

splendidlife's photo
Thu 01/01/09 03:36 PM

Einstein was considered a Genius with a unimaginable high IQ level of 180. If he was crazy then he did a good job in containing it I must say. Did he have imagination? Yes he had a higher imagination then most people could ever dream off.

It is not unusual or a rare occurrence for those that are of higher intelligence or score well on IQ tests to have emotional problems or sometimes actual mental disturbance in some respect. Some of his behaviors would have led me to suspect that he might have been manic or bi-polar. I have no way of knowing that of course and neither did they back then because the level of sophistication and ability to properly diagnose mental illness was not anywhere near what we have today. I am only saying that it is possible and that some of his behaviors and appearance would have prompted an evaluation if he had lived today.

Too readily does our, modern more "sophisticated" means of diagnosis deem people mentally ill simply because they don't fit within common standard(s). Such standards seem to operate on dumb-down principles in which we're constantly being encouraged to limit our thoughts and ideas of possibility in order to fit in with some sort of worker-bee mentality.

People are labeled ADHD and given drugs to slow thinking down to dumb-down speed.

I've had as much good come from medications as bad, and in particular, one anti-psychotic actually induced a manic episode, causing me to be hospitalized in 2007. Without medications, my own illness takes me from depression to hypomania, but the benefits of the illness greatly outweigh the liabilities of it. The main photo is my latest invention, now in production, and with the side-effect that now I hire people with a better delusion of sanity to build it. The invention required skills in: Mathematics, image processing, programming, machining, drafting, biomechanics and podiatry. Speaking from the perspective of a high school drop out, one could assume genius or insanity. For the latter, the state of Ohio would agree with you, but on the other hand, the results of my efforts have caused me to be very spoiled and I'm perfectly content being labeled crazy, nut job, wacko or whatever the phrase of the day is. I get to pretty much do whatever I want to do and really don't have to explain myself or justify myself.

While I don't recommend others doing this, most of my life has excluded the use of medications, except for a brief period in the early 80's and from early 2005 through early 2008, (lithium, trileptal and as a prn, Seroquel). When I was hospitalized in early 2007, for the first time in a quarter of a century, it was actually seroquel, a tranquilizer known to be useful for most patients who suffered from bipolar mania or sleeping problems that triggered a horrible dysphoric episode, when I ran out of lithium. (Lithium and trileptal are mood stablizers). I have to agree with you in terms of feeling dumbed down by medications , although there have been times in my life where medication was necessary. I also avoid any substance that messes with the dopamine receptors of the brain, (alcohol etc) simply because they induce mania and it is impossible to predict whether the experience will be dysphoric or euphoric, and either way, mania is not something anyone can really enjoy.

There's a common cliche that fits, that there is a fine line between genius and insanity. It assumes the line is real that the line really matters. Much of media encourages people to treat mental illness as a clinical condition, not too different than an ailment below the neck, and in one particular show, more honestly describes mental illness as a gift and a curse. The secret to this is finding where our weaknesses are actually our strengths, which, in my case, is inventing things and challenging my mind to go where it hasn't gone before.

Delusions of Sanity make for more productive worker bees.

splendidlife's photo
Thu 01/01/09 10:10 AM

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/30/08 05:49 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Tue 12/30/08 06:18 PM

It amuses me to see how someone that has been banned from these forums can still entertain you. It should by now be clear to all that this man had only one intention, to stir trouble.
And he succeeded.ohwell

The very notion that people could actually be getting banned from these forums makes me quite uncomfortable.

Why is that?

Free Speech and what not.

But does that really mean you can use your free speech to go and insult people, and when you have gotten your warning just go on and on. And when you have been finally banned for that come back under another name, and another, and another, to just do the same things over and over again?

I've been visiting these forums much less frequently lately and honestly don't know the extent of the insults. Perhaps, if those handing out the insults have been warned enough times, they should be banned (I don’t know). I don't actually feel my freedom of speech threatened. I think perhaps there's a bigger picture.

Isn't it each member of the community that chooses or doesn't choose to engage with someone who probably has nothing better to do than troll? Maybe the less we tangle with a troll or bully, the less inclined a “bully” will be to target anyone they once easily riled.

To flat-out ban someone seems like it could foster ideas that some of us are right while others are wrong, which can spur an increasing divisiveness. This can have an over-all alienating effect. When it becomes obvious that someone is up to familiar shenanigans, why can't we just call them on it and let it go?

IMO, polarization leads to greater inequality.

Ahhhh... What's the point?

Just another one of those dang-stankin', sniveling, pinko, bleeding hearts, talkin' to myself.
:tongue:

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/30/08 02:16 PM

It amuses me to see how someone that has been banned from these forums can still entertain you. It should by now be clear to all that this man had only one intention, to stir trouble.
And he succeeded.ohwell

The very notion that people could actually be getting banned from these forums makes me quite uncomfortable.

Why is that?

Free Speech and what not.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/30/08 12:58 PM

And he succeeded.ohwell

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/30/08 11:05 AM

"Shouldn't this be in a religious forum?"

‘Free will’ is only free will if it is used WITHOUT outside influences. ANY outside influence determines how you use it, thus negates said free will.

No it doesn't. How did you come to that conclusion?

And the will has little to do with "religion."

Religion in general, simply uses that term a lot. Deep down, they actually hate the idea of "free" will. They even try to distort it meaning to mean a choice between following Jesus or not, or between good or evil.

Just because a decision is "influenced" does not mean that it is not an action of the will or that the will is not "free."

The will involves an inner decision on where to place our attention and how to direct ourselves. It is the power to direct ourselves and our thoughts and feelings.

The will is either weak or strong. It is always free. Your are endowed with a will naturally and it comes in the same degree as your conscious awareness.

Even a bacteria has a will. It's influence and strength is according to it own conscious awareness of its surroundings.

Isn't "will" simply a function of self-preservation?

I don't know what you mean by self-preservation. We would have to agree on the premise of what the self actually is. Some people define self as the brain and body. I don't.

There are so many ways of using the philosophical word "will".

In the context of my latest post (using "self-preservation"), I was speaking of the self with a small "s" (as in the "conscious" exercise of will) as opposed to some creative spark inspired by infinite Self.

When I hear one speak of will of bacteria, I'm more inclined to see "will" as driven by self-preservation.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/30/08 07:06 AM

"Shouldn't this be in a religious forum?"

‘Free will’ is only free will if it is used WITHOUT outside influences. ANY outside influence determines how you use it, thus negates said free will.

No it doesn't. How did you come to that conclusion?

And the will has little to do with "religion."

Religion in general, simply uses that term a lot. Deep down, they actually hate the idea of "free" will. They even try to distort it meaning to mean a choice between following Jesus or not, or between good or evil.

Just because a decision is "influenced" does not mean that it is not an action of the will or that the will is not "free."

The will involves an inner decision on where to place our attention and how to direct ourselves. It is the power to direct ourselves and our thoughts and feelings.

The will is either weak or strong. It is always free. Your are endowed with a will naturally and it comes in the same degree as your conscious awareness.

Even a bacteria has a will. It's influence and strength is according to it own conscious awareness of its surroundings.

Isn't "will" simply a function of self-preservation?

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/30/08 06:43 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Tue 12/30/08 07:01 AM

Personally I think he was more sane then most.

Here are some very sane quotes of his.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

This is another of his quotes that I keep posted nearby; Makes me think...

"The definition of insanity is
repeating the same action over and over and expecting
different results."

I would say, based on this quote, that each of us in this forum fits the definition of insane.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/30/08 06:37 AM

Safe assumptions, you like wholistic foods and medicine. Practice your own religion or one similiar to buddism. Theres a 80% chance you have had your shakras cleaned. 85% chance you had a psychic or tarot card reading. 70% chnace you belivev in reincarnation. You have read siddhartha, also you may believe in the healing effects of cyrstals. Most likely youngest child and your parents had you when they were older than average.????? Or im just making stabs in the dark....like yourself

Why...

Yes, I AM the youngest of parents who had me late in life.

Guess I'm just a predictable and pathetic drone.

All we have are stabs in the dark, aye?

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/30/08 05:23 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Tue 12/30/08 05:24 AM

Im sure a lot of you have wondered what the meaning of life is...

well i believe that life is the collection of your dreams, beliefs, morals, values, goals and memories that make up who you are in this world...

what do you think is the meaning of life?

Can't be sure, but here's one possibility that is as close to a fit for me as I can come (at least for today):

Life here on Earth is a physical manifestation of our "souls'" or "higher-selves'" (perhaps) choice or desire for the greatest "knowledge"/experience/understanding of love. Life on Earth is like a classroom. We enter this realm on purpose and school is immediately in session. We come here and purposely forget the greater picture and focus only on memories from this life in order to gain specific learning that can only take place in each particular physical lifetime.

In this case, the Prime Directive of higher-self would be to allow for greatest learning within a physical lifetime within the parameters of infinite human curricula.

Although we ultimately feel alone in this journey, we are always connected to our higher-selves (even when we feel totally disconnected). Some see it as God... Others do not. If all of our higher-selves are collectively connected, it could be easier to see the whole as God. One needs that connection to feel whole. And equally, our higher-selves need that connection. Our physical experience completes the picture.

During a lifetime, a human can be so focused on its own lifetime and getting it right that in the end, it becomes almost humorous to greater knowing. This IS like a game.

Don't children learn from the games they play? Aren't we as school children?

All of the physical principles of the Planet and Universe comprise the playing field that we step out onto to play and learn together.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/23/08 05:02 PM
To swim up stream...

Spawn...

...and die.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 12/23/08 05:00 PM

smokin The answer is Meatsmokin

No...

The answer is Splenomegaly.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25