Community > Posts By > splendidlife

splendidlife's photo
Fri 09/30/11 07:58 PM
Past is a memory of a past perception and a perception of that memory... and so on.

splendidlife's photo
Sat 03/13/10 07:45 AM

Purpose ... ? We got to have a purpose ... ? The cruise line didn't say a damned thing about no 'purpose' when I signed up to go on this tour ... 'purpose' ... indeed ... I'm lookin' for souvenir shops ...

And there we have the human condition...

I used to think I was here to find happiness. The more I live, the more I see that I'm here to learn the physical reality of both good and bad. The balance of it all. The more I've chased only good, the more I've created unhappiness. I'm on this ride because I was destined to experience exactly what I have... like it or not.

I also believe that I was brought here to be a mother and to learn/remember how to Love. I learn how to love rather than seek to be loved.

splendidlife's photo
Wed 09/09/09 07:25 PM
Yes... Always will be a fan. Haven't listened to them in a long time. They always sound like home to me.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 05/19/09 10:28 AM

What will happen in 2012 - is that we will know once and for all any truth or falseness that occurs, then we can move on to the next important date and find out the same ad nauseum :)

Welcome back, dear boy!

splendidlife's photo
Mon 05/11/09 10:31 AM

How are you spledid? Haven't seen you around here for a while.

Just stumbling along. Been blinded by a lot of fear.
How've you been?

Fear is a difficult thing to overcome. I try to find strength in anything I can, even if is just winning a stupid argument here. Sometimes the it's the little things. Just don't let it control your life and you'll manage.

Especially lately, I find that any argument I attempt to win ends up leaving me even more lost.

Sometimes you can never win an argument here, even if you have the better argument. It's like peeing into the wind. lol

Yup... Here and everywhere.

Attempting to prove any single idea anyone's brain can cling to at any given time (as being more correct) IS like peeing into the wind.

Christianity (just as an example) seems to have morphed into this judgment tool that most wishes to prove itself correct and anything else incorrect.

We do this individually... Religious or not...

Having to be right will be the death of me.

I'm a fool

splendidlife's photo
Mon 05/11/09 09:00 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 05/11/09 09:11 AM

How've you been?

Fear is a difficult thing to overcome. I try to find strength in anything I can, even if is just winning a stupid argument here. Sometimes the it's the little things. Just don't let it control your life and you'll manage.

Especially lately, I find that any argument I attempt to win ends up leaving me even more lost.

Sometimes you can never win an argument here, even if you have the better argument. It's like peeing into the wind. lol

Yup... Here and everywhere.

Attempting to prove any single idea anyone's brain can cling to at any given time (as being more correct) IS like peeing into the wind.

Christianity (just as an example) seems to have morphed into this judgment tool that most wishes to prove itself correct and anything else incorrect.

We do this individually... Religious or not...

Having to be right will be the death of me.

splendidlife's photo
Sun 05/10/09 04:56 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Sun 05/10/09 05:20 PM

How've you been?

Unemployed, bored, frustrated, depressed, and broke mostly, but I just got a new job Thursday and should be starting this week, so all is not hopeless.

splendidlife's photo
Sun 05/10/09 04:13 PM

How've you been?

splendidlife's photo
Sun 05/10/09 11:17 AM

How've you been?

splendidlife's photo
Sun 05/10/09 11:14 AM

What if all words spoken or written by every single human being were (and still are) the word of "God"? That would include all words being spoken right here in this thread. Wasn't it Jesus that said "You are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High"?

Hmmm... Each of us the sons and daughters of God. Each one of us connected to our higher selves... "God".

Wouldn't that suggest the possibility that Jesus... well... was one of us? He died... we die... And what if there was never any need for proving anyone else's words as false... if all words were seen as representations equal divinity in human form? Jesus the man or Jesus the story spoke of divinity in everyone. Millions of people took these words and interpreted them as instruction to live "right" and "good" and Gof help those that didn't. Those "interpretations" have little, if anything, to do with his philosophy.

If all humans are manifestations of a higher realm, the divinity in each and every one of us waits and whispers wisdom to us. Sometimes we hear and don't recognize it. Sometimes its spoken so clearly that it cannot be denied. Other times, we're completely blind, as perhaps intended for the human experience. Did there ever really have to be a religion in place or set instructions as to how one should interpret the higher realm / human interface in order to participate in what already is?

If we are all gods then all words are divine instruction and the holy ghost is nothing more or less than our conscience.

You ARE a god!

splendidlife's photo
Sun 05/10/09 11:08 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Sun 05/10/09 11:09 AM

OK what's the deal with you Abra? Do you believe the scriptures are the infallible word of the Most High God or dont you? I ask because i see you often use scripture to prove some valid points, but then again you talk against the Creator. Can you clarify your belief? Which is it Do you believe? what or dont you?

Oh absolutely not!

I believe that the Bible is entirely made-up by men.

The God of Abraham isn't all that different from Zeus actually.

God's that are appeased by blood sacrifices are very common in Mediterranean mythologies, as well as many other mythologies around the world.

When I post "scripture" I'm just demonstrating how absurd the authors of the Bible were.

Do I believe that our creator could be that absurd?

No, of course not.

In order for the Bible to be true, God would need to be horrible.

I do believe that a man named Jesus probably lived, denounced the scriptures just like the Gospels suggest, and was cruficed for blaspheme by the Jew, just like the authors of the ficticious God of Abraham had instructed them to do to heathens.

When I speak as though these things were truly done by "God" I only do so to show how absurd that God would have needed to be.

Just replace the word "God" with the word "Zeus" and pretend that I'm talking about mythology. Then maybe you'll better understand where I'm coming from.

I don't believe in a God what lusts for, or is appeased by, blood sacrifices.

I don't believe in a God that needs to have his "only begotten son" nailed to a pole before he can forgive mankind for their 'sins'.

In fact, the very idea that mankind was responsible for bringing sin into the world in the first place doesn't even hold water.

We already know that disease, death, natural disasters, and animals eating other animals already existed LONG BEFORE mankind even showed up on planet Earth.

The idea that mankind brought "sin" into the world is simply not true.

It's a lie.

What can I say.

We have evidence!

The authors who wrote this religious mythology have been CAUGHT with their hand in the cookie jar!

They made it all up and they NEVER spoke for God ever!

So, no, the Bible is NOT the word of ANY God.

What if all words spoken or written by every single human being were (and still are) the word of "God"? That would include all words being spoken right here in this thread. Wasn't it Jesus that said "You are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High"?

Hmmm... Each of us the sons and daughters of God. Each one of us connected to our higher selves... "God".

Wouldn't that suggest the possibility that Jesus... well... was one of us? He died... we die... And what if there was never any need for proving anyone else's words as false... if all words were seen as representations equal divinity in human form? Jesus the man or Jesus the story spoke of divinity in everyone. Millions of people took these words and interpreted them as instruction to live "right" and "good" and God help those that didn't. Comparing self-righteous ideas of what good should be to mere perception of wretched acts of other supposed lost souls. Those "interpretations" have little, if anything, to do with the philosophy of Jesus.

If all humans are manifestations of a higher realm, the divinity in each and every one of us waits and whispers wisdom to us. Sometimes we hear and don't recognize it. Sometimes its spoken so clearly that it cannot be denied. Other times, we're completely blind, as perhaps intended for the human experience. Did there ever really have to be a religion in place or set instructions as to how one should interpret the higher realm / human interface in order to participate in what already is?

splendidlife's photo
Sun 05/10/09 09:50 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Sun 05/10/09 10:22 AM

OK what's the deal with you Abra? Do you believe the scriptures are the infallible word of the Most High God or dont you? I ask because i see you often use scripture to prove some valid points, but then again you talk against the Creator. Can you clarify your belief? Which is it Do you believe? what or dont you?

Oh absolutely not!

I believe that the Bible is entirely made-up by men.

The God of Abraham isn't all that different from Zeus actually.

God's that are appeased by blood sacrifices are very common in Mediterranean mythologies, as well as many other mythologies around the world.

When I post "scripture" I'm just demonstrating how absurd the authors of the Bible were.

Do I believe that our creator could be that absurd?

No, of course not.

In order for the Bible to be true, God would need to be horrible.

I do believe that a man named Jesus probably lived, denounced the scriptures just like the Gospels suggest, and was cruficed for blaspheme by the Jew, just like the authors of the ficticious God of Abraham had instructed them to do to heathens.

When I speak as though these things were truly done by "God" I only do so to show how absurd that God would have needed to be.

Just replace the word "God" with the word "Zeus" and pretend that I'm talking about mythology. Then maybe you'll better understand where I'm coming from.

I don't believe in a God what lusts for, or is appeased by, blood sacrifices.

I don't believe in a God that needs to have his "only begotten son" nailed to a pole before he can forgive mankind for their 'sins'.

In fact, the very idea that mankind was responsible for bringing sin into the world in the first place doesn't even hold water.

We already know that disease, death, natural disasters, and animals eating other animals already existed LONG BEFORE mankind even showed up on planet Earth.

The idea that mankind brought "sin" into the world is simply not true.

It's a lie.

What can I say.

We have evidence!

The authors who wrote this religious mythology have been CAUGHT with their hand in the cookie jar!

They made it all up and they NEVER spoke for God ever!

So, no, the Bible is NOT the word of ANY God.

Wouldn't that suggest the possibility that Jesus... well... was one of us? He died... we die... And what if there was never any need for proving anyone else's words as false... if all words were seen as representations equal divinity in human form? Jesus the man or Jesus the story spoke of divinity in everyone. Millions of people took these words and interpreted them as instruction to live "right" and "good" and Gof help those that didn't. Those "interpretations" have little, if anything, to do with his philosophy.

splendidlife's photo
Fri 04/17/09 07:54 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Fri 04/17/09 07:56 AM
When “intelligence” is used to compare one’s self as better than another, the one doing the comparing curses them self… Isolating them self further and further into a personal hell of disconnection. The more one works to prove them self as “right” and the other as "wrong", the more painful the separation.

When "intelligence" is drawn on for sight and love of others (seeing all as equal)…
…Blessing

splendidlife's photo
Thu 04/16/09 09:17 PM
Strokes for Folks...

Jokes from Blokes...

Words for Birds...

Turds from Nerds...

splendidlife's photo
Sun 04/05/09 11:48 AM
Why feel forsaken?

...All self-created.

Ship of fool...

Abandon ship! Abandon ship!

splendidlife's photo
Fri 04/03/09 06:26 AM
When?

Oh, when...

...will it sink in?

splendidlife's photo
Fri 04/03/09 04:49 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Fri 04/03/09 05:04 AM
un-define into sublime

at last, no past, released from time

equal logic then shall claim, never more shall you seek blame

from fully cloaked -> emerged -> some shame

in nakedness you’ll know your name

from hate to love and love to hate

emancipate! emancipate!

splendidlife's photo
Thu 04/02/09 08:09 AM

John Lennon seemed to have found a massively significant key to the freedom of humanity and spoke it in the simplest of terms

drinker

In an interview, John Lennon said:

"We all have Hitler in us, but we also have love and peace. So why not give peace a chance for once?"

There's an acceptance here of both the negative and positive in everyone... without the obsessive demand to be and take in only good.

Religious oppression dictates that only good will create more good.

From that we live in fear that any bad (internal or external) will detroy us.

Logical observation shows that bad DOES create good.

Hard to see this when blinded by fear.

splendidlife's photo
Thu 04/02/09 07:27 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Thu 04/02/09 08:10 AM
Jefferson wrote that he was
rescuing the philosophy of Jesus and the "pure principles which he taught," from the "artificial vestments"

The Philosophy of Jesus, in it's purest sense, is suitable to me.

splendidlife's photo
Thu 04/02/09 05:38 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Thu 04/02/09 05:52 AM
If we were forced to somehow see how there IS "only today"...

...the Human obsessive drive to define the life out of everything (past, present and future), which has created a perpetual false sense of ownership and of being owned (and being damned "right" about all of it), would seem to naturally have to disappear.

(Uh-Oh! Sounds like I'm defining slaphead )

“I am a humanist,” he said (Kurt Vonnegut), “which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishment after I am dead.”

Imagine living without expectation...

Imagine if we saw each other for the gods and goddesses that we already are (here in real-time) and respected each others wants, without any laws (spoken or unspoken) saying that we had to or that anyone had to in return...

Oh, What Freedom!

John Lennon seemed to have found a massively significant key to the freedom of humanity and spoke it in the simplest of terms...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25