Community > Posts By > Sandelwood4

Sandelwood4's photo
Fri 09/16/11 11:13 PM
Thank you Miko.

Sandelwood4's photo
Fri 09/16/11 11:02 PM

it's easier to get people to see something you want them to see if you make the link "clickable". hope this helps waving

hey thanks ese. i figured out how to do it by copying your codes for another link. waving

Sandelwood4's photo
Fri 09/16/11 10:45 PM
Edited by Sandelwood4 on Fri 09/16/11 10:53 PM
"Haven't had coffee in a long time"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a91ll7EJnzo

Sandelwood4's photo
Fri 09/16/11 08:08 PM
That is a so sweet. I can’t believe no one responded to this.

Sandelwood4's photo
Fri 09/16/11 07:44 PM
Is there a AAA Club in Texas? There is one in CA called AAA Automobile Club of Southern CA and I get my renewals done there. It takes only10- 20 minutes and it is so pleasant.

Sandelwood4's photo
Fri 09/16/11 07:11 PM
Even when not everything was rosy, I'm very thankful for no regrets at all.

Sandelwood4's photo
Thu 09/15/11 11:34 AM
In Turkey, where I was born everyone calls each other as if they were relatives and family. Depending on the age and gender, taxi drivers, merchants, practically everybody would call total strangers, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, sir etc...
When it becomes a cultural custom it's hard to say if they are still considered endearment.

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 11:04 PM

Look at all these women getting defensive when someone has the audacity to suggest that they nag!

Ladies, you do nag. C'mon, admit it!

I'm not saying you should or shouldnt do it. I am just saying you do it.

If you cant admit it, it just proves that you do it without realising it, because us men KNOW you do it. ALL of you!

Yep, I do nag but not to get my own way. When I nag a guy its usually for his own good. For example; when a guy is eating unhealthy, not exercising, or drinking too much; you damn right I will nag him as I don't want him having health problems. I do try to compromise but as for pets or smokers; not a chance as I am allergic to both. If that seems like nagging or being unreasonable; then so be it and yes I would end the relationship as again its a health issue.

well navy, I think that's what some people seem to be saying - he needs to just leave if that's how he feels - if he feels like she is "nagging" and it is unacceptable. We can't change others. We can only change ourselves. He sounds like he is the one with the problem as he is expecting her to be someone other than who she is. And it's completely possible she is doing the same - we haven't heard from her on the subject so it's tough to say. She just wants a dog, and asking about something every few months is not nagging - if he wants someone to nag him he can move in with my ex....who is not a woman BTWlaugh

asking about something every few weeks or months as new thoughts arise about a situation is not nagging - I think the OP is just looking for permissions to end his relationship and it is not needed - he can just do it and no one is going to stand in judgement

Yep, I think you are on to something. I think he wants to end the relationship and is using the dog as an excuse.

Or he is having such a hard time being in relationships that he is bitter and frustrated. If this is how he experiences ALL women how is he ever going to find someone? Yet men have needs, which explains why he is looking for an intimate encounter.

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 10:58 PM

I think it is a good test of a relationship. I can remember being infatuated with women and saw any man as a threat to the relationship before. If the relationship has went past the infatuation phase then I would probably be trusting of her. Since I already have a lot of female friends and usually make friends easy I am sure I would want her to have as many friends as she wants to have.

That makes a lot if sense. Yes we have been dating for over 3 yrs and we have a son together. I am bringing this up because most of his friends are females and he complains about not having the same social life that he had before our relationship. lately when I try planning things with my GIRLFRIENDS he gets annoyed. Never wants to stay home and watch the baby if I make a last minute plan. I just think it is unfair because if he decides to make last minute plans i have no choice but to stay home.

I asked him to stop speaking to a female that he used to sleep with because they were discussing our relationship and reminiscing on their past encounters.

HELP!! Am I being unreasonable??

Oh, opposite sex friends who were ex's... that's quite different. These are valid concerns.

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 10:36 PM
you're saying, if someone seems co dependent you'll flee?

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 10:29 PM
I think it would be strange if it didn't happen. I'm fine and always will be.

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 10:18 PM
Where do I begin?

When my dad came to visit me here in LA with his new wife I took them to a hot spot in downtown for happy hours. We got him drunk on martinis and he said this was his very first nightclub experience in his life. He is 73.

I may have to add more as we go along.

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 10:08 PM

It is all in the delivery.

I have to disagree that it's all in the delivery. It may help, but it's not going to make me not roll my eyes when someone overuses them. :tongue:

Then you don't have the slightest clue. You said it yourself...You don't use terms of endearment in your family. We do. I will go on experience on this one instead of someone who was raised without using affectionate terms regularly.

Your family ripped you off by not talking to you better. Probably why you keep trying to talk down to people.

I don't think singmesweet had you in mind when she voiced her opinion. It was her general experience. Was it really that bad? Krupa... come on now.

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 09:56 PM

I dated someone once who ALWAYS used things like sweetie, honey and so on. But, that's how he was with everyone. It wasn't special at all. I would have preferred him using my own name, which would have meant more, since used those names with everyone.

Yep, it becomes obvious when they don't mean it genuinely.

And that's why I'm not a fan of using these terms all the time. Those who do are not genuine about it. Being called the same thing that they call everyone else isn't a great thing.

How about your family? Do they use them? Mine don't but my family is weird anyway.

My family doesn't really use them.

If it's someone I'm close to, I'm ok with it for the most part. But, I really don't know a lot of people who use them all the time. So, when I meet people who do, it's always really weird.

you look like mona lisa in that picture!

She sure does.happy

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 12:25 PM
I think it depends on the significance of how something has impacted you. For instance, I received really bad counseling at my school which inspired me to consider becoming a counselor.

When I was 17 years old I saw a preschool teacher at a playground talk to a child with such respect and effectively that I wanted to get into teaching and help troubled kids.

It all depends but we can learn from both.

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 12:14 PM

Last night I dreamed I was in love with a man who was unavailable. He was happily married and a minister. tongue2 He had soft hands and dark hair.

What strange dreams to you remember recently?

Maybe the man was the male side of yourself as we all have feminine and male in us.

keep dreaming about my deceased mom. In my dreams she has not passed away but disappeared mysteriously. The theme is always the same but the outcome always different.
In one dream I receive bizarre phone calls from her as if she is drunk (she never drank) or as if she has a screw loose asking for financial support, which is not her personality at all. Then I find out that I was being set up. When they find out I discovered the scam I have to escape or else they’ll kill me. It’s like a good quality thriller.

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 11:57 AM
I know that there are 5 stages of sleep with REM as the last stage (which is when we dream). After REM the cycle repeats starting again with stage 1. Even if we don’t remember our dreams we still dream every night.
It’s just that we remember them more often when we wake up closer to the REM stage.

There was a time when I was using medicinal marijuana for longer periods of time. I think it was 2 years. I didn’t remember anything ever the entire time and was bummed out because I love knowing about my dreams. Now I remember my dreams at least 3 or 4 times a week. I have written about 90% of them down.

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 11:44 AM

I cant complain, i just had a lovely piss.

Lovely. rofl rofl

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 11:40 AM

I dated someone once who ALWAYS used things like sweetie, honey and so on. But, that's how he was with everyone. It wasn't special at all. I would have preferred him using my own name, which would have meant more, since used those names with everyone.

And that's why I'm not a fan of using these terms all the time. Those who do are not genuine about it. Being called the same thing that they call everyone else isn't a great thing.

How about your family? Do they use them? Mine don't but my family is weird anyway.

My family doesn't really use them.

If it's someone I'm close to, I'm ok with it for the most part. But, I really don't know a lot of people who use them all the time. So, when I meet people who do, it's always really weird.

Funny how similar some of our experiences are even though we have such different backgrounds.

Sandelwood4's photo
Wed 09/14/11 11:37 AM

laugh

u think YOUR fam is weird

my sons & I are reasonably normal. but my family of origin - love 'em - wanna see more of 'em

but a little different??? Oh hellya...that could be an entire thread topic....or Lex's next booklaugh

we can start a weird families clubflowerforyou

Thank you. flowerforyou It took me a long time to understand that not all parents/families are like mine. Oh, I think we should start a weird family thread. :thumbsup:

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 22 23